[FM22] USA League Structure Extended (with USL League Two) - v22.7 - Thanks owncredible

23 hours ago, Palk said:

Hi,
I'm working on trying to get USL League two but the teams are jumping between divisions and also looking to understand the end of the year crash.

So the upcoming version will take some time.

I think the crash is caused due to MLS Next Pro and the reason that there are no setup in 2021 but then appears in 2022 with teams from other divisions

...as in weeks? :(

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/01/2022 at 11:57, Palk said:

Hi,
I'm working on trying to get USL League two but the teams are jumping between divisions and also looking to understand the end of the year crash.

So the upcoming version will take some time.

I think the crash is caused due to MLS Next Pro and the reason that there are no setup in 2021 but then appears in 2022 with teams from other divisions

hi when do you anticipate the new version will come out? 

• Palk changed the title to [FM22] USA League Structure Extended (with USL League Two) - v22.6.14(b)
On 16/12/2021 at 05:06, EnigMattic1 said:

Charlotte are already in the game to join in 2022 I believe. St Louis, however, will need to be created. Whether @Palkhas added them, I can't say for certain as I haven't downloaded this file yet. 

Does st.Louis still need to be created… I work until 730 tonight then I can work on logo pack.

On 08/12/2021 at 16:59, Palk said:

Hi,

The same as last year I give a try to extend USA league structure to add the lower divisions.

Current Version:
There are 2 versions for this, one with MLS Next Pro and other without

22.6.14 (with MLS Next Pro)
- Added USL League Two
- File in the bottom

22.6.14b (without MLS Next Pro)
- Added USL League Two
- Removed MLS Next Pro
- File in the bottom

Old Versions:22.5.13

Reveal hidden contents

- Added NCAA (conference structure and teams)
- File in the bottom

US Expansion v22.5.13.fmf

Reveal hidden contents

- Added MLS Next Pro
- Fixed NISA schedule and USL League one teams not properly set

US Expansion v22.4.3.fmf 30.36 kB · 124 downloads

USL Championship
2021 - No changes
2022 - Added Detroit FC and Monterey Bay, 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1d1668f4b6d5dc94c37ef36ab1e96fae.png

USL League One
2021 - No changes
2022 - Added Charlotte Independence

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.10f7f1dd2f4564121ff67cea974ad01e.png

NISA
(currently only NISA Fall)
2021 - No changes
2022 - re-structure, removed teams and added new ones

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a1a1bb4bcab8e1c6ac1a552afcfe60df.png

MLS Next Pro
2021 - No season
2022 - Just added the teams and group stage (similar to USL Championship)

NCAA
- 23 conferences and their respective teams
- 4 regions cup
- College cup

USL League Two
2021 - Western with only 2 divisions
2022 - All conferences with 3 divisions

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.3e428224f0eb2d1901e1860ad08b5a39.png

Notes:
- Will not be possible to play with 2022 expansion teams since they are not in the initial league
- Recommended to add players to playable teams
- Seems that the game crashes at 17th November but I didn't understood yet why. So my suggestion is to save it before and process the day manual.

If I would extend the USA to other missing leagues? I don't promise and there's no date..
Enjoy!

Files:

With MLS Next Pro
US Expansion v22.6.14.fmf

Without MLS Next Pro
US Expansion v22.6.14b.fmf

NCAA Graphics file by chance? 

3 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Does st.Louis still need to be created… I work until 730 tonight then I can work on logo pack.

I'm going to assume so. I didn't get round to downloading this as I was waiting until all the NCAA stuff was sorted. 

Any plans to add MLS Next? 

if so, may I suggest adding teams as an official academy (U19) team that is tied to a mls squad? Similar to England’s youth league. It’s the only way MLS will be able to populate its II team’s and have any sort of roster building. So it’s should be similar to Spain’s setup with a youth team and B teams that play in a league.

Another small tip to help MLS to run smoothly. Untick “non-selected players are waived and don’t count as guaranteed contracted players” in fixture rules> squad selection deadline dates (March 3, registration day). This way players that aren’t registered will play for the II teams instead of the AI cutting them which happens way too often and destroys AI teams.

11 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Any plans to add MLS Next? 

if so, may I suggest adding teams as an official academy (U19) team that is tied to a mls squad? Similar to England’s youth league. It’s the only way MLS will be able to populate its II team’s and have any sort of roster building. So it’s should be similar to Spain’s setup with a youth team and B teams that play in a league.

I mean u could always just use the academy teams for the mls next league unless ur talking about mls next pro

17 hours ago, Boyle.se said:

NCAA Graphics file by chance? 

Yah sorry I was busy the other night I can redo the config files tonight after work and add them to this thread…I only have logos not kits tho…

Edited by Fmfan00

Just now, Fmfan00 said:

I’ll check

still trying to figure out best team to start mls career with.. think austin fc, any thoughts? i like to work with academy players and not too many transfers, which dallas is ideal for as well. 

also - how can i edit NYCFC as MLS winners? 

4 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I mean u could always just use the academy teams for the mls next league unless ur talking about mls next pro

I’m talking about MLS academy. By default, they aren’t tied to any MLS teams and majority of players are released on a free instead of moved to the B team. With this happening, B teams are super thin.

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I’m talking about MLS academy. By default, they aren’t tied to any MLS teams and majority of players are released on a free instead of moved to the B team. With this happening, B teams are super thin.

I’m sure I could make all mls academy default and recreate the new ones as like u said u18 teams and do it that way… let me know if that’s what I guys want done and I can fix up the file tonight

Edited by Fmfan00

8 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The Academy teams are currently listed as Normal affiliated clubs... do u want it to be  feeder teams? Just because I dont think it would be much realistic if you have it so that TFC can send up and call down freely like they NHL/AHL do with U18... Like Academy are set as 15-20 year olds... Right now They as set as playable if i create them as a U18 team for MLS is that what u guys want? like they do for England teams of just have them as Feeder Teams for their parent clubs?

On 11/01/2022 at 20:47, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm going to assume so. I didn't get round to downloading this as I was waiting until all the NCAA stuff was sorted. 

Saint Louis is already in the game joins MLS in 2022 ive checked the database... So i just need to figure out how you guys want the MLS next team and then i just gotta finish up the logos

40 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

The Academy teams are currently listed as Normal affiliated clubs... do u want it to be  feeder teams? Just because I dont think it would be much realistic if you have it so that TFC can send up and call down freely like they NHL/AHL do with U18... Like Academy are set as 15-20 year olds... Right now They as set as playable if i create them as a U18 team for MLS is that what u guys want? like they do for England teams of just have them as Feeder Teams for their parent clubs?

I would say as feeders. 

Are you saying giving MLS teams a U18 squad  will make TFC move players ups and down freely?

11 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I would say as feeders. 

Are you saying giving MLS teams a U18 squad  will make TFC move players ups and down freely?

Well I either make them like they are now where only they sign when they are 17 or 18 with the MLS club or im asking if you guys want the academy teams like the England U18 squads have theirs... just trying to decide how you guys want the MLS Next league to be... I can either do it so that it is like MLS with 27 clubs minus Whitecaps academy since they are in League1 BC... If i just keep the Academy now and change them from normal Affiliate clubs to feeder club they are still playable if someone wanted to play as a MLS academy team. If I set them as a U18 like England it would be like how England has their U18 squads.. I am just trying to see how you guys want them.. If I keep them Academy teams they will be like they were in FM20 Uncle same file where they play like they did then however the MLS Next league will be like USL Championship type thign with two divisions but just the Academy teams

Or if you want I can try to make it so that the other teams are in it too...

Edited by Fmfan00

3 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Well I either make them like they are now where only they sign when they are 17 or 18 with the MLS club or im asking if you guys want the academy teams like the England U18 squads have theirs... just trying to decide how you guys want the MLS Next league to be... I can either do it so that it is like MLS with 27 clubs minus Whitecaps academy since they are in League1 BC... If i just keep the Academy now and change them from normal Affiliate clubs to feeder club they are still playable if someone wanted to play as a MLS academy team. If I set them as a U18 like England it would be like how England has their U18 squads.. I am just trying to see how you guys want them..

oh yea, I would suggest the England setup that way B teams can get populated with overage youth players instead of them being released on a free. It will help MLS in a long term save for squad building. 

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

oh yea, I would suggest the England setup that way B teams can get populated with overage youth players instead of them being released on a free. It will help MLS in a long term save for squad building. 

There is something wrong with the USA system with FM22 I have tried both the academy and U18 and neither will work the way we want it

Today I'll release probably the final version.
If we are here adding more and more leagues no one plays and then FM 23 is out ;)

I found the issue with the crash so there are no plans to add St Louis neither 2023 expansion for any league that is in game.

• Palk changed the title to [FM22] USA League Structure Extended (with USL League Two) - v22.6.22
5 minutes ago, Palk said:

Updted the main post with the final version of the file, it contains MLS Next Pro and small adjustments.

I added also the file in Steam workshop for those who can't download from here.

Have fun!!

Thank you Palk for everything you do! This structure is amazing and realistic! I apologize about those who just keep asking for more. You really are appreciated.

1 minute ago, Alanfofalan said:

Thank you Palk for everything you do! This structure is amazing and realistic! I apologize about those who just keep asking for more. You really are appreciated.

I think very few content creators get the appreciation and recognition that they deserve. I think, unless you do a lot in the editor, or with the xml files with regards to skinning, you don't realise how much work files like this take. 

I second this though, thanks for the file and all the time and effort you have put into it. 

10 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

There is something wrong with the USA system with FM22 I have tried both the academy and U18 and neither will work the way we want it

Oh wow, maybe its hardcoded. Shame. SI really need to rebuild MLS from the ground up. Its been broken since I started playing FM back in 2011.

40 minutes ago, Palk said:

Updted the main post with the final version of the file, it contains MLS Next Pro and small adjustments.

I added also the file in Steam workshop for those who can't download from here.

Have fun!!

thank you!!

• 1 month later...

Sadly still no MLS Next and MLS Next Pro in latest official update 22.3 :(

Would be fun to start a save with Vancouver (including reserve/academy teams in MLS Next, MLS Next Pro and L1BC) in an expanded american/canadian pyramid compatible with the canadian megapatch!

5 hours ago, kandersson said:

Would be fun to start a save with Vancouver (including reserve/academy teams in MLS Next, MLS Next Pro and L1BC) in an expanded american/canadian pyramid compatible with the canadian megapatch!

They show in the editor, I'm just assuming that they aren't active.mls.png.2e6fbc3a4588296673ce5efbc6dabdb2.png

L1BC is definitely there as I ended up with duplicate teams (Rivers, Unity, Varsity and Altitude)

On 25/02/2022 at 08:46, kandersson said:

Supposedly, there is going to be another patch in a few weeks that will include data updates for MLS. Maybe this all will be included then. Seems like they already created the MLS Next Pro so maybe the new data will have it active. But that's wishful thinking.

Hi everyone.  I have verified the file in the editor for the new 22.3 update.  I also made an attempt to fix the USL League One teams, Northern Colorado Hailstorm and Central Valley Fuego.  In my playing experience, when they join USL League One in 2022, they are always the two worst teams in the league.  From my findings, it seems that the base game clubs were copied, modified, and then added into the league.  The issue with that was the two modified clubs both had an amateur club status and a reputation of 1500 while the rest of the USL League One clubs had reputations of around 3000 with a professional status.  

What I've done is added the base game clubs back and removed the modified copies.  Now, the two clubs should be just as competitive as the rest of the USL League One past the 2022 season.  

Palk, you may use this for the official update.

US Expansion 22.3.fmf

Edited by owncredible

Any chance you can add foreign player rules to the USL divisions? If I'm reading real life rules correctly it's 7 per team, but there doesn't appear to be a limit in FM.

There's also confusing loan rules and I think a 35 player limit as well.

I had done it in a previous version for myself, but now I can't open the editor to do anything.

I responded to your private message.

44 minutes ago, Musestar said:

Anyone else having a problem downloading this fmf file? My McAfee keeps blocking it which is annoying ....

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Edited by owncredible

On 01/03/2022 at 05:35, owncredible said:

Hi everyone.  I have verified the file in the editor for the new 22.3 update.  I also made an attempt to fix the USL League One teams, Northern Colorado Hailstorm and Central Valley Fuego.  In my playing experience, when they join USL League One in 2022, they are always the two worst teams in the league.  From my findings, it seems that the base game clubs were copied, modified, and then added into the league.  The issue with that was the two modified clubs both had an amateur club status and a reputation of 1500 while the rest of the USL League One clubs had reputations of around 3000 with a professional status.  

What I've done is added the base game clubs back and removed the modified copies.  Now, the two clubs should be just as competitive as the rest of the USL League One past the 2022 season.  

Palk, you may use this for the official update.

US Expansion 22.3.fmf 154.2 kB · 50 downloads

hi this doesnt work with 22.3 for me :/

2 hours ago, dino88 said:

hi this doesnt work with 22.3 for me :/

Hmm that’s weird.  It’s working for me, so I’m not sure what the problem may be.  Are you able to load up a game at all, or does it still say that it’s not verified?

Is there a chance that you had two USA databases selected at the same time?

Edited by owncredible

3 hours ago, owncredible said:

Hmm that’s weird.  It’s working for me, so I’m not sure what the problem may be.  Are you able to load up a game at all, or does it still say that it’s not verified?

Is there a chance that you had two USA databases selected at the same time?

i don't, just seems that some settings are wrong as seen in the pic i uploaded

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

i don't, just seems that some settings are wrong as seen in the pic i uploaded

UPDATE: It was a problem on dino88's end with conflicting databases.  If anyone else is having a similar issue as him, that may be why.

Edited by owncredible
Resolved problem and provided an update on it.