A insult to a nation

Infrastructure seems like a strange thing to pin it on though. This is a country that hosted the World Cup in 2018, they invested a lot of money in improving their infrastructure particularly in a sporting sense. 
Where is the player playing now? Might be worth logging in the bug tracker

Edited by gunner86

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Infrastructure seems like a strange thing to pin it on though. This is a country that hosted the World Cup in 2018, they invested a lot of money in improving their infrastructure particularly in a sporting sense. 
Where is the player playing now? Might be worth logging in the bug tracker

He is playing in Sweden, i could understand if i was managing in a 3rd world country with all due respect but as you say Russia has brilliant infrastructure, not sure if i would class it as a bug it may just be the opinion of a researcher but its wrong imo.

1 hour ago, RHKC said:

Not wanting to live somewhere isn't insulting. I wouldn't want to live in Moscow either. I also wouldn't want to live in London and I'm English. It's just a personal choice.

But would you say you would be worried about the infrastructure in London.

28 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Does the database recognise the infrastructure of a city separately from a nation? Or is it Russia's infrastructure as a whole the player is unhappy about?

The player referred to the country, but i reckon in the database Russia must have some low ratings witch is again wrong imo.

12 minutes ago, latrell said:

He is playing in Sweden, i could understand if i was managing in a 3rd world country with all due respect but as you say Russia has brilliant infrastructure, not sure if i would class it as a bug it may just be the opinion of a researcher but its wrong imo.

Report it as a bug, I think it would belong in one of these subforums
https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/
https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/569_dynamics-interactions-press-conferences-club-vision-staff-appointments-meetings/

15 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Looking at the editor, Russia is classed as a developing nation. That is where the players comment about infrastructure comes from. Dont think i agree with SI sayng that Russia is a developing nation,

That is outrages a developing nation i am shocked about that i strongly disagree.   

24 minutes ago, RHKC said:

Russia isn't a developed country. If you read up about what makes a country class as 'developed', you will see that Russia is either classed as 'in transition' or 'developing'.

It's not a bug.

It's irrelevant to a footballer who will make millions. If you have that money, of course Russia is a developed country.

1 hour ago, ARustyFirePlace said:

It's irrelevant to a footballer who will make millions. If you have that money, of course Russia is a developed country.

You're talking as if the player is on £50 per week in Sweden and being offered £100,000 in Russia. It's not irrelevant at all. Some players would be more than happy to make the move, others wouldn't even entertain the idea. Like I've previously said, it's down to personal choice.

Russia isn't a developed country by definition, but you can have your opinion :) I'll leave this thread now, it's boring me.

7 hours ago, latrell said:

How can i player i try to sign for Spartak Moscow say he is worried by the level of infrastructure in the country, Moscow is a fantastic place to live what a insult this can not be right.

Politically, I wouldn't live in Russia or Ukraine. Whether or not that's a game issue I have no idea. 

Realistically tell that to players that play or sign for shakhtar...

Russia is a bully country with a w***ers in charge. I personally wouldn't say it's a developed country because it's run by fat cats who made money after communism fell. 

Putin is a man who wants his countries back under USSR rule. He's like a 'narcos' greedy sod.

Ukraine is a nice country trying to sort itself out after communism. Russia, or should I say Putin, is trying to bully it. 

Edited by Iggy Hassan

2 minutes ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Politically, I wouldn't live in Russia or Ukraine. Whether or not that's a game issue I have no idea. 

Realistically tell that to players that play or sign for shakhtar...

Not about politics for me i do not agree with Boris but i would still play for a football team in England. 

Going back to your op, no. I wouldn't say Russia is a developed country. And I wouldn't blame any footballer for saying that. It's backward with it's gay & womens rights. Plus very racist. Not the people, the government. 

Ukraine is a forward thinking country trying to leave it's communism past. Russia, or rather Putin, wont let that.

Edited by Iggy Hassan

• HUNT3R locked this topic