The FM22 AMC Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BadAss88 said:

And as a lone forward? 

Probably not involved in play enough to really be effective, at least in my limited experience. I feel in general play making roles have it a bit rougher this version, as the pace of attack is very fast. If you really want to make a creative 10 shine, you'd probably have to lower tempo and directness quite a bit to force your team to really go for the patient build up and give your AMC plenty of touches of the ball so he can work his magic. However, you obviously risk neutering your attack in general by playing it very slow, but otherwise I don't feel a creative 10 will ever get enough touches in a match to consistently be a deciding factor.

11 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

How can I let a Trequartista shine? What roles does he need around him? Any suggestions or starting point?

Just understand that out of all the attacking roles in AM positions and the CF position he's not much of a goalscorer and the role behaves more like a support role than an attacking role. Of course it doesn't mean I'm saying it's a support role however it easier to treat it as such. If you want him to score more often you need to create space you can use certain roles to create space or your formation could be start out more deep such as 4231DM or 3412DM. Also think about what will happen to your tactic if your trequartista is marked out of the game so you need to have more than one option of attack if things break down. Also there is this which helps... it is explained much more better than me and the same advice can work in FM22

15 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

How can I let a Trequartista shine? What roles does he need around him? Any suggestions or starting point?

As @De Nilesays, think of him as a Support Duty 

What sort of shape are you thinking?

I like it's the only playmaker role without Shoot Less Often locked him. Two points 1) don't expect the World of him 2) use a really good player but you can use it how you like, so if you have a good system with an AP(S), use a Treq instead and start from there 

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

As @De Nilesays, think of him as a Support Duty 

What sort of shape are you thinking?

I like it's the only playmaker role without Shoot Less Often locked him. Two points 1) don't expect the World of him 2) use a really good player but you can use it how you like, so if you have a good system with an AP(S), use a Treq instead and start from there 

I was thinking of creating a tactic with a trequartista like Roberto Baggio, but I've found it very hard to get a good tactic working and let the trequartista shine..

So I've already departed the idea.

If you play with 2 ss, do you consider there position based on preferred foot?

the leftfooted on the right ss-position and the right footed on the left position? My ass-man seems to recomend the leftfooted on the left. I have two wb on support in one tactic. And two wb on attack in my second tactic. (Complete fw on support on both tactics).

11 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I was thinking of creating a tactic with a trequartista like Roberto Baggio, but I've found it very hard to get a good tactic working and let the trequartista shine..

So I've already departed the idea.

That's the thing, Roberto Baggio was a one of a kind sort of player, so finding a similar player with similar play traits won't be easy, it might be one you'd have to turn into development type of save. could be a lot of fun 

ETA: There's a Roberto Baggio wonderkid in the workshop, could be fun to have a play with if you wanted the easy way :D

14 minutes ago, Salsa666 said:

If you play with 2 ss, do you consider there position based on preferred foot?

the leftfooted on the right ss-position and the right footed on the left position? My ass-man seems to recomend the leftfooted on the left. I have two wb on support in one tactic. And two wb on attack in my second tactic. (Complete fw on support on both tactics).

Footedness is something I pay a lot of attention too, it could be one for you to experiment with because it's down to how you play and what you prefer. I'd probably agree with your ass man, I always prefer a right footed striker on the right 

Would be great to see your dual SS's in action :thup:

I actually prefer the exact opposite, as a wrong footed striker should have a much easier time finding the far corner. Admittedly, FM goalies are horrible at covering the near corner, so in FM having your player go for the near corner might be the way to go, but overall I feel the far corner is the more logical spot to place the ball. Also makes the forward pass easier when the player turns inside.

Hi Guys! I have Gabigol as my AF, and Gravenbergh as my AMC. Can’t decide what role I will give him. He’s got a IFa and IWs next to him. Can a ENG work? Or a regular APs? AMa can only work with a CF or DLF am I right?

11 minutes ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

Hi Guys! I have Gabigol as my AF, and Gravenbergh as my AMC. Can’t decide what role I will give him. He’s got a IFa and IWs next to him. Can a ENG work? Or a regular APs? AMa can only work with a CF or DLF am I right?

I used an AF(A) and AM(A), see a page back :thup: 100% wouldn't have an IF(A) and AF(A)  myself 

8 minutes ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

I mean like this:

AFa

IWs - AMa - IFs

I didn't line up like that but give it try. Last year, I wouldn't have recommended it but it seems a lot more is possible this edition 

@BadAss88I know you've given up on the Trequartista, but give it a try in a narrow formation with two strikers, like a 4-4-2 Diamond

Managing in Germany has broken me so I've spent the morning playing around with combos up front, sitting the role behind two strikers, one more static and one a bit more free roaming is a lot of fun to play around with 

Something like:

P(A)              CF(A)

TREQ(A)

Can be pretty lethal & narrow formations themselves are pretty strong.

I've not got the hump because Wolfsburg are their 4-4-2 diamond beat me in the EURO cup final or anything :D   

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

@BadAss88I know you've given up on the Trequartista, but give it a try in a narrow formation with two strikers, like a 4-4-2 Diamond

Managing in Germany has broken me so I've spent the morning playing around with combos up front, sitting the role behind two strikers, one more static and one a bit more free roaming is a lot of fun to play around with 

Something like:

P(A)              CF(A)

TREQ(A)

Can be pretty lethal & narrow formations themselves are pretty strong.

I've not got the hump because Wolfsburg are their 4-4-2 diamond beat me in the EURO cup final or anything :D   

Maybe I'll give it a try as a really like a trequartista to shine and have strikers as my main goalscorers..

I'm thinkering on a tactic for AC Milan, before I start my save..was thinking of a 5-2-3 WB Wide, but not sure if I enjoy the football I'm seeing..maybe I should opt for a 5-2-3

Edited by BadAss88

7 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Maybe I'll give it a try as a really like a trequartista to shine and have strikers as my main goalscorers..

I'm thinkering on a tactic for AC Milan, before I start my save..was thinking of a 5-2-3 WB Wide, but not sure if I enjoy the football I'm seeing..maybe I should opt for a 5-2-3

Cool, give it a try as see what you can come with

Who would you have as the Treq and would you have him wide or upfront?

Even in the Diamond setup I posted, you could replace the CF(A) with Treq and have him upfront I'd imagine 

27 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I'm now gonna try this:

AF(A) - TF(s)

T(a)

BBM(s) - BBM(s)

WB(a) ------ HB(d) ----- WB(a)

CD(d) - CD(d)

SK(d)

Looks interesting, let us know how you get on :brock:

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

:lol:

I gave it another shot..although the trequartista doesn't really work for me..

DLF(s) - AF(a)
AM(a)
DLP(d) - BBM(s)
WB(a) -------------------------- WB(a)
CD(d) - CD(c) - CD(d)
SK(d)

Edited by BadAss88

9 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I gave it another shot..although the trequartista doesn't really work for me..

DLF(s) - AF(a)
AM(a)
DLP(d) - BBM(s)
WB(a) -------------------------- WB(a)
CD(d) - CD(c) - CD(d)
SK(d)

And how's that working out?

Another goal of the season from one of my AMCs

GOTS.gif.cc9a6800a69e929f70c285f2b98d2eb0.gif

Really think my striker should've pulled off to the right there 

One of them actually won it last season too but it was only a freekick, how boring 

Inigo had a bit of a quiet season, he only scored 9 when he got 21 the season before, my wide players really kicked on though 

My new AMC

amc.png.58ea0033f230034fb20c008ce45f03f5.png

Found him on the scrapheap at Bayern for 25 million English Earth pounds

As you can see, he's a striker that I'm going to retrain as a Shadow Striker because I couldn't find any AMC's that had decent Finishing, he's already had his non-competitive debut and scored a hattrick. 

He lacks a bit in Vision, which isn't covered by the role for some reason, you'd thinking with Taking More Risks, they'd need it but he's got bags of everything else 

Hi! I'm on the AMC train. After a lot of time playing 433 now I'm trying a 4231 with Wirtz as the AMC.

Will try to see what can I do as I really like the 4231 formation and the players on the hole.

1 hour ago, BadAss88 said:

What tactic are you using?

Still the same as a page back, I've been dabbling with Counter Press as I was picking up too many draws. Helped turn those draws into wins and won us the league the past 2 seasons 

Untitled.png.fce13df9faf449e47946f64a807ab840.png

Seco had a pretty meh début season, scored a debut hattrick then didn't score again until the end of the season where he scored a brace. It took him the entire season to get up to scratch with the role so iIm hoping for more this season . He picked up 12 assists so he finished on 17 returns in 20 starts which isn't bad. He got another hattrick in the opening round of the Polka this season too so I'm hoping I don't have to wait until April for another goal this year 

seco.png.9943b8280b5135e6c554b72cc4b016c5.png

Inigo was a more reliable goal scorer with 11

Inigo.png.42c0223c0285f720f97de32143bf78cf.png

Having a 6" 4 Shadow Striker is pretty cool 

19 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Still the same as a page back, I've been dabbling with Counter Press as I was picking up too many draws. Helped turn those draws into wins and won us the league the past 2 seasons 

Untitled.png.fce13df9faf449e47946f64a807ab840.png

Surely there are some PIs here? I remember giving this system a go, and my team barely created a shot at goal over 5 games. Granted, it was fairly decent defensively as well, but all over yielded a bunch of snooze fests.

1 minute ago, Christopher S said:

Surely there are some PIs here? I remember giving this system a go, and my team barely created a shot at goal over 5 games. Granted, it was fairly decent defensively as well, but all over yielded a bunch of snooze fests.

No none

It's been amazing for me, like I said, Bayern dominated the league for 20 years and I've managed to pip them to the title the last couple of seasons. I've used variations for most of my journey man save and it's never struggled for goals  

Every player has been brought and trained with the system in mind, everyone is 100% fluid with the tactic and their role

The left back is pretty much a wing back, the right back is more like a CD/DM. The CM(D) is a DM, the CM(S) is an all rounder. The wide attackers are rapid, the IF(S) is pretty much a striker, the SS is a striker, the AF(A) is big, fast and can finish  

20 JR seems too much for a 6'4 player, but I doubt the AI is complaining about that. Wonder how "plays with back to goal" works in the AM position, pretty sure a natural AM can't even learn that PPM and he picked up since his main position is as striker?

22 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

20 JR seems too much for a 6'4 player, but I doubt the AI is complaining about that. Wonder how "plays with back to goal" works in the AM position, pretty sure a natural AM can't even learn that PPM and he picked up since his main position is as striker?

Tardelly? I only watch him when he plays vs me but he plays AMC or STR, since they still have Haaland. Plays with back to goal is something he must've picked up at Bayern as he was scoring for fun at PSG (if I recall correctly) and he's dropped off a little at Bayern. Maybe they've trained him as a Target Forward and thought that trait was suitable 

I'll see if I can get some GIFS of his goals later, he's already got a hattrick  

@FreakiieI watched some Tardelly clips and goals, I even scouted him to see his match reports. AI Nagelsmann plays him as an Attacking Midfielder, a lot of the goals he scores are near post headers and freekicks. I couldn't see the "plays with back to goal" PT kick in while he was playing there so I'm guessing it only affects the STR position, which makes sense  

Seco with an awesome season

Untitled.png.57c7748a6e3b5305b1a21eb19ce031e5.png

22 returns in 29 games, overall it's 34 in 39 starts. Bloody Haaland, 35 and still scoring more than 1 a game :lol:

Untitled2.thumb.png.cf366209dca66b49dbf4be051089946f.png

Got the CL Final coming up so hoping he can add to that 

Here's his two goals in the Polka final

seco1.gif.f7b750d81875c14df365ff25ffe710f7.gifseco2.gif.ca49a83d7c369ef726363157520a7400.gif

Im trying your formation out as i like playing with a nr 10 and hasnt had any good progress with it in a long time. So far, im getting the results and winning but it still feels abit leaky and the opponents are getting alot of chances and shots. I hope it will be more solid once everyone gets fully adepeted to the tactic.

On another note id like your input on who i should chose for my shadowstriker, im currently playing Eric Kramer but the more natural goalscorer is Ban but i use him as inside forward. Do you think i should swap them?20220617222504_1.thumb.jpg.25991915144b280b5af72c77fdfaf19e.jpg20220617222520_1.thumb.jpg.1da0d0f63826ed13107ea979e7a8eee2.jpg

Both of those look amazing @Numenor:eek:

I'd probably give the SS edge to Ban for his Finishing and Flair but it's really close, you could easily rotate the two   

It's been defensively solid for me to be honest, this is my current season:

Untitled.thumb.png.e1b9493826a16c2bcee7488482687340.png

Less than a goal every other game conceded and we've just conceded 1 over two games against Barca. It's taken me 8 years building and getting to this point though 

What I always prioritise is the CM's, I take sure they're both well rounded with one more defensive than the other, these two are absolutely key for me , strong mentals and defensively capable. I make sure the whole team are above average height too 

On 01/06/2022 at 17:06, Johnny Ace said:

Awesome!! I had to upgrade him as the previous one wasn't performing well but he was mid level, so I went with basically, a creative striker here and he's been brilliant. I needed to nail the attributes here else they'd be a passenger 

When you say you needed to nail the attributes here can you elaborate?

9 minutes ago, 04texag said:

When you say you needed to nail the attributes here can you elaborate?

I can't remember the context here

We're talking about the IF, right? So an Inside Forward more suitable to the IF(A) role rather than an IF(S) so focusing on Composure and Finishing 

hace 19 horas, Johnny Ace dijo:

Both of those look amazing @Numenor:eek:

I'd probably give the SS edge to Ban for his Finishing and Flair but it's really close, you could easily rotate the two   

It's been defensively solid for me to be honest, this is my current season:

Untitled.thumb.png.e1b9493826a16c2bcee7488482687340.png

Less than a goal every other game conceded and we've just conceded 1 over two games against Barca. It's taken me 8 years building and getting to this point though 

What I always prioritise is the CM's, I take sure they're both well rounded with one more defensive than the other, these two are absolutely key for me , strong mentals and defensively capable. I make sure the whole team are above average height too 

How much importance you give at pace and acceleration for your CM's?