How long did an FM21 season take you? / Database sweet spots

I ask this as someone who had a few years away from FM, before diving face first back into 2020 & 2021. 

The game time for my FM21 save was 10 days, in which time I covered 5 seasons exactly. 

I like the leagues I'm not playing in to still maintain realism, transfers and full squads, plus when playing with smaller nations I like to have enough players to choose from, so my setup is below.

Basically - Is 2 days a season par for the course now, or is there something glaringly obvious in my save setup that is adding unnecessary weight?

My PC is absolutely fine, built fresh last year so there's no issues there. 

image.thumb.png.ff4a2335d21fd81cbc2eb89d60f85f28.png

30 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

2 second continue game timeout has shaved so much time off my saves

Yeah I think the biggest contributors to playing time are how long it takes you to press Continue and what highlight mode you use for your matches. Database size is less important imo.

I might actually add a timeout now. Does it timeout even if you are in the middle of doing something such as editing training?

hace 5 minutos, Platinum dijo:

Yeah I think the biggest contributors to playing time are how long it takes you to press Continue and what highlight mode you use for your matches. Database size is less important imo.

I might actually add a timeout now. Does it timeout even if you are in the middle of doing something such as editing training?

It only applies if it is not a Reply topic or you click to do something. But you have to be quick!

Edited by Darien

5 minutes ago, Platinum said:

It's pretty good but if you need to do stuff then just click the mouse a few times and the timer will stop.  It's slightly buggy and will sometimes have a mind of its own but I couldn't do without it at this point

Edited by Brother Ben

3 hours ago, Platinum said:

yh they mean 240 hours

Yes, in hours and not in days is a bit more precise, and avoids confusion. (The game's time log should be avoided too, as it keeps running even when the computer is on sleep mode).

I estimate it takes me a week (or 20 hours) to go through one season. I use two-second interval (sometimes adjusting it to automatic when I'm really impatient).