Buy FM21 or wait for FM22?

3 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Due to work/family etc I’ve not purchased FM21.

I’m now at the stage I have the time but question is do I just load up FM20 and play that until FM22 is out or is FM21 worth getting? (I’m not worried about cost more enjoyment)

Frankly, there is never a consensus on questions like this on the forums.  As @rinso said, there is a free demo, so try the game for yourself and make your own judgement.  With the current sale price it would probably be worth it one way or the other.

If you enjoyed FM20, then probably best to stay with that.  If not, FM21 becomes more appealing.  My view on FM20 was I stopped playing and went back to FM19 - whereas with FM21 I'm still playing, although the game is littered with annoying little bugs - but they aren't game breaking.

Always hard to advise as we don't know if FM22 will be any good - it could be a stinker of a ME in which case FM21 - or it could be miles better and most people love it, so waiting would be best!  Only solution is to build a time machine - in which case, please can someone bring me back the lottery numbers for the weekend! :D

If you are a heavy FM player, then yes, you should purchase FM21 at a discount (there is a 40% off as I'm writing this post). If you are an occasional player, then maybe stick with FM20. But since money is not a problem, I'd go for the FM21 at a 40% discount. It's all about how many months are you willing to wait until the next release in November. Have fun!

Buy it at discount price and download an updated database with current players and even promotions/demotions. Will keep you busy until Oct/Nov when the new version should be out or even longer if you wait for the first patches.

Myself at least can't wait not paying FM while reading every day in the press about new signings etc and it becomes even worse in August when the major leagues start ad the football fever hits again.