This agent is a SIN !!!

I want to sign a wonderful wonderkid... But the agent add NON-Negotiable clause which is consider my club as a Stepping Stone (Meaning the Minimum Fee Release will be add so that Bigger club can come and buy the player easier...)

The problem is that he LIMITED the maximum value of Release Clause Fee which is only 70 million (The very cheap price for such a good player, and I guess within 2-3 years many bigger club will come and steal my boy at that price) . He don't even let me negotiate about that, Which is very awful...

What should I do? Pass him away ? or wait for the agent to change his mind? he is a very good player for my team 

image.thumb.png.8210013dbbc324cf1d920000c996a7e9.png

image.thumb.png.cd05a0dba50bb8997d70bc326c52d4ca.png

I suppose it would depend on how much you paid for him and whether he has a sell on clause (meaning that his former team would get a percentage of the fee). If there are no better options available and if a €70m sale would end up being profitable for you then you may as well. 

Keep in mind that it may also be possible to negotiate a new contract without a release clause later on. I suppose you have to calculate how likely a big team is to trigger his release clause in the near future, how happy you can keep the player and whether you can afford to offer him a fat pay raise to tempt him to stay.

Though at the end of the day, you should never be afraid to walk away from a deal, there will be plenty of wonderkids down the road.

If you paid like 30-40m for him.. Just do it. Means like 35m profit, or so. Meanwhile perhaps nobody wants him. Then 1 year later renvew his contract without a clausule innit,.

Hard pass, too many demands.

350,000+ p/w +6m signing on fee and a "fairly consistent" performer.

There's better options I'm sure.

By the time someone offers his release you'd have likely paid out 10m+ in wages and bonuses, so you'd be looking at 10-15m profit so unless he adds trophies he's not particularly valuable with a fixed fee.

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Sometimes agents put in release clauses which are too low, but 70m is a lot of money for a defender, and if he's good enough to deserve a fee that large and bigger club interest, it's unsurprising he'd want the right to leave at that price.

They request me to pay 55 MILLION (Installment of course) for this point, therefore no way 70m is a good price ! He can become one of the best Defender in his Generation in a couple of years !

Would you rather have a very good player for a couple of years and then make a profit on him, or never have him at all? Unless there's someone even better or without a release clause you can get for the same money, it's a no-brainer for me.

Everyone hates release clause, BUT if he’s a good player that fits what you want/need you’ll likely be able to work that clause out of his contract over next couple of years. Try every 6 months assuming you’re happy with player.

See if you can remove the sell on fee percentage at least. No need to give him 10% of that 70m. That's not a bad figure either, shouldn't be a deal breaker. Wait like 6 months or something and you may be able to negotiate a new contract without the release clause (or at least a higher one) anyway.