Main Menu & New Game Menu Gets Slower The More Editor Data Files You Have

SamuraiHex

Title basically sums it up but I'll try and explain some more...

The Title Screen, Main Menu & New Career Game Menu get slower the more editor data files you install. I like to install a league update for each nation in FIFA. Just so I have more choice on playable leagues in my Journeyman saves. After finding some leagues I can download on FM Scout plus from this site as well, I had about 200 files of different leagues. Opening up the game I noticed the game was a bit slow but when clicking Start New Career Game, it got significantly worse. I think it's cause it's trying to load all of them in the background but for some reason FM21 isn't handling the loading of them as well as previous years games. And I know it's the game as I upgraded my pc in Feb of this year and my worse pc could easily load about 400 and then I could choose which nations to pick. I tried deleting a few of the nations and got it to about 80 and it got better but it's still too slow to play. I haven't tried actually going into a game cause I'm that stuck with the loading so I'm not sure if it's worse in-game or not.

Hopefully this added information helps. 

Thanks.

This is exactly what is happening to me aswell. I posted something up a few days ago, and their response was this:

Hey @rbirdy17 sorry you're running into technical issues

The game overall should not be taking 5-10 minutes to process if your system meets the minimum requirements.  I think you have a technical issue we should investigate.

We have heard of this happening though, can you please take a look at the following troubleshooting link?
https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005532177-The-game-appears-slow-when-I-m-clicking-between-screens#text

Basically the step I think most likely to help you is deleting your cache + preferences folders - full steps are in the link above.

If you still find you're having issues even after following the info there, you can contact our support team directly for some one-on-one support who will see it through to resolution  - https://fm21.info/support-ticket 

None of these options helped.
I am like you, my PC is a top PC that can run FM with ease aswell as other heavy games. I enjoy adding more leagues aswell before I start my save, and this is just making it almost unplayable. Mine even takes its sweet time at the LOADING screen when you run the game up. I hope they fix this

Edited by rbirdy17

17 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Seems like they are ignoring it. New update out today, and still not addressed.......

I sent a report ticket on Sega's customer support. They said it's a known issue and they are working hard on a fix. Guess we can only wait and hope it doesn't take that long.

4 hours ago, SamuraiHex said:

I sent a report ticket on Sega's customer support. They said it's a known issue and they are working hard on a fix. Guess we can only wait and hope it doesn't take that long.

Nice, well that is good they are fixing it, and is a known issue!

• SI Staff

Hey guys sorry you're experiencing this - concerning it's still the case after last night's update

So we are going to investigate this from an FM point of view rather than your personal machines etc.

Can someone affected please give me a savegame to test with?

Thanks. We will investigate this internally. My apologies that it is happening

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

I uploaded a file called TestGame.fm in ownCloud, the saved game has a bunch of custom leagues. Don't know if I did it right though.

And just to point it out again, the problem exists when a lot of .fmf files are stored in the editor data folder. And it happens BEFORE loading any saved game. That is, in the first loading screen, the main menu, the new game menu and of course while playing the game itself.

Hope it can help.

6 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys sorry you're experiencing this - concerning it's still the case after last night's update

So we are going to investigate this from an FM point of view rather than your personal machines etc.

Can someone affected please give me a savegame to test with?

Thanks. We will investigate this internally. My apologies that it is happening

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

I have sent a ticket in to sega and spoke to them, and they basically told me it was my own PC that was the issue...... and than sent me back to you guys.
I am not sure how to upload a savefile when the issue happens BEFORE loading up a saved game, starting a new save and even in the menus like ticking leagues and adding them. Even the response time from ticking the boxes take forever.

i just uploaded a file called "     Tahiti ; Maccabi Paris.fm    "

I also recommend starting up a save yourselves, with 150+ leagues added in the editor data folder. Timo on FMSCOUT is a good start

Edited by rbirdy17

I have the same problem, and yet I have a good computer (Intel core i7-9750@2.6GhZ, 16gb ram, Nvidia RTX 2060, drivers ok). Problem that I had not had last year under FM20. I notice during my tests that the latency / freeze time decreases when I put less files. I think this is from the game as it didn't happen last year and it does with all files regardless of the content creator.

Please solve it as soon as possible, I cannot launch my career as I want, in the meantime I stay on the fm20 :(

Edited by Marrant_LaPeine

On 17/01/2021 at 13:10, Nevixbj said:

I had been buying FM since 2015 and never happened this to me

This hasn't happened to me either, but I am talking about the game being buggy and them taking there sweet time to fix it all... What ever happened to game testers

11 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

This hasn't happened to me either, but I am talking about the game being buggy and them taking there sweet time to fix it all... What ever happened to game testers

Its not their fault, game tester just report errors and,if its true what they writed here, they already did it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tony, news?

Thanks for you work! :)

En 19/1/2021 a las 17:13, Tony Garvey dijo:

Hey,
I logged this one - I'm keeping an eye on it internally. I know it's taking a while and for that I'm sorry (it's not always straightforward, this kind of issue), I can say I've done a bit of internal testing for this and it really is getting there. Way faster than when I first tested this with a custom league.

And we're not done with FM21 yet. This isn't forgotten about. I'll come back when there's more news :)

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Vince75 said:

Honestly this is shameful that after 4 months, this is still not fixed. Especially as it was working perfectly in all previous FMs.

Yup. It is typical for these guys to release a bugged game than still not have the issues resolved months after release. Why the game should be a release every other year game. This one feels more bugged than previous ones.
Weak and a disgrace

Very disappointing that such a basic, fundamental thing takes so long to get sorted, especially since it hasn't been a problem in earlier FM's. Bought the game to play a journeyman, but by the looks of it that won't be possible this year and it's too late for a refund. Nice :) I'll be sure to wait a couple of months before I get FM22 (if I even get it), that's for sure. 

Edited by MatthewFR23

• SI Staff

Hey guys

There was a fix for this included with the update last night

So do try it - let me know. Internal testing went much faster for this.

Of course if that's not the case for you guys - let me know how bad, time it, and I will follow this up internally

Thanks for the patience in waiting for this update

6 horas atrás, Tony Garvey disse:

Hey guys

Of course if that's not the case for you guys - let me know how bad, time it, and I will follow this up internally

Didn´t make any significative difference here.

21 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys

Hi,

thank you for the reply! You mentioned earlier that you tested it with the megapack from Timo, was that also used for your most recent test? And if so, how many files were used? Do you think the specs of the cpu (or other components) play a significant role, and could that be responsible for the difference experiences people have after the update (where it works fine for some, and not at all for others)? 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, MatthewFR23 said:

Hi,

thank you for the reply! You mentioned earlier that you tested it with the megapack from Timo, was that also used for your most recent test? And if so, how many files were used? Do you think the specs of the cpu (or other components) play a significant role, and could that be responsible for the difference experiences people have after the update (where it works fine for some, and not at all for others)? 

When I used Timo's megapack (it's been the same throughout for uniformity) I used 30 custom edit files present, the actual issue was  for each one there it would add about a minute of processing time to like, even great PCs.

When this issue started, it took me 25 minutes+ to get into a game with those edits loaded, at which point menu lag was also present - in short a mess

So we made a change that got it down to 3 minutes - not laggy - far and away a better timescale - this is what has gone out

In terms of specs - in a nutshell, if your machine is fine for FM it is fine for custom data - I would factor in a bit of a delay just cause, basically, our baked in database will be faster than individual files from a folder on your machine. 

It would be useful to find out what amount of files & what loading times people are getting.

59 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

When I used Timo's megapack (it's been the same throughout for uniformity) I used 30 custom edit files present, the actual issue was  for each one there it would add about a minute of processing time to like, even great PCs.

When this issue started, it took me 25 minutes+ to get into a game with those edits loaded, at which point menu lag was also present - in short a mess

So we made a change that got it down to 3 minutes - not laggy - far and away a better timescale - this is what has gone out

In terms of specs - in a nutshell, if your machine is fine for FM it is fine for custom data - I would factor in a bit of a delay just cause, basically, our baked in database will be faster than individual files from a folder on your machine. 

It would be useful to find out what amount of files & what loading times people are getting.

Clear, thanks. Interesting to see that the specs shouldn't really make much of a difference, yet people seem to report the update hasn't changed. I'm happy to see it is really being picked up, hopefully it'll be possible to fix it for everyone.