Awaiting Media Reaction stuck

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, JL94x4 said:

image.thumb.png.f43bfa33146284500eb73d5a6d771641.png

Im stuck on this after my first game for around 5minutes. What is it?

Hi @JL94x4

This Pop up should appear before the post match media summary (in this case as it's the intra squad friendly it will appear before returning to home screen as no media summary).
Tested it a couple of times and didn't have the pop up stay on screen. Have you delegated anything away like team talks to your assistant? Were you managing both the first and second VI?

Thanks,
Dan

Having this same issue after exiting my second competitive match, exited fine and quickly previously. Now is stuck on “awaiting media reaction” screen with spinning circle for around 15 minutes. I haven’t delegated anything away like team talks or press conferences as I’m doing them myself. Managing Hamburg in first Bundelsliga 2 game if that helps 

Also had trouble exiting the match engine as it wouldn’t let me click continue or spacebar. Managed to get back to team talk screen post match, now can’t get past below picture. 

8ED176B6-BAEA-4F82-8365-E1D93D3EC083.jpeg

Edited by S_cook96
Added more info

Getting this issue also. I'm running a game where I'm playing more than one club. I haven't tried yet with a single manager game. The one I've got currently hanging has a different club in the background to the one that played the match that had just finished. That match (involving OGC Nice, not Oldham) was a league match, and not a friendly.

Hello guys, 

This is happening for me also. Am managing leeds its stucks after a game. I have assinged all the tasks to my assistant.  I have uploaded mine as well on your cloud under the name stefell-leeds

Edited by stefell
uploaded document as well under the name stefell-leeds

Facing same issue after playing the first game.

On 25/11/2020 at 17:36, Daniel Wells said:

Hi All,

As per previous post, please can you upload save games before the matches where this is happening so we can try to identify what might be causing the issue:

Thanks,
Dan

Uploaded the file to SI Cloud.
File Name: Glen Choo - Man Utd.fm

Same thing over here. Happened yesterday and after some minutes I've just shutten down the computer (snooze time). Today same thing, both after first game team talks (friendlies to AssMan which takes care of media as well). File uploaded - SL Benfica_MU.fm

EDIT:

Strange enough, I was shutting down the game ans I hoovered the close window X (I play windowed) I must have hoovered something else as it showed something like "progress to...". Clicked it and it advanced. Not a solution but it might help others carry on with their games while SI doesn't releases a patch resolving this

Edited by creative78
spellcheck, advice

Same thing also, I thought it may have been a bug from transferring demo save to real game. Started new save, tested it quickly and worked ok. Started a new save again with same team as I was then this happens again at the end of the first FA cup qualifying round 

I also have this issue, on a save with two managers. I never had this problem in the Beta where I just had one manager, so, as a couple above have also mentioned they have two managers I reckon it's that.

BUT, if you press continue as normal, it does work and get rid of it, so it's an easy solution.

12 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

I also have this issue, on a save with two managers. I never had this problem in the Beta where I just had one manager, so, as a couple above have also mentioned they have two managers I reckon it's that.

BUT, if you press continue as normal, it does work and get rid of it, so it's an easy solution.

I only have one manager in my save, and trying last night to progress, still wasn't able to. 

Played the match twice, couldn't progress any further, loading screen was there for over 20 minutes. Even went on holiday to progress until after the match (hoping I would win) I waited about 40 minutes and no progression.  

The fourth time it wouldn't even let me play the match just got stuck on loading screen. 

I have no facepacks or kits loaded as my laptop is slow enough with out anything extra to slow it down more.

Currently managing Dorking, and the match date is 03 October 2020,and playing in the FA Cup Second Round Qualifying. If a saved game is required I can upload as and when needed. 

Edited by gareth.kyle82
Spelling

2 hours ago, gareth.kyle82 said:

I only have one manager in my save, and trying last night to progress, still wasn't able to. 

Played the match twice, couldn't progress any further, loading screen was there for over 20 minutes. Even went on holiday to progress until after the match (hoping I would win) I waited about 40 minutes and no progression.  

The fourth time it wouldn't even let me play the match just got stuck on loading screen. 

I have no facepacks or kits loaded as my laptop is slow enough with out anything extra to slow it down more.

Currently managing Dorking, and the match date is 03 October 2020,and playing in the FA Cup Second Round Qualifying. If a saved game is required I can upload as and when needed. 

I manager to progress in the game this morning after waiting about 20 minutes. Just played the game and went for a coffee. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still getting this issue now no way to continue on the awaiting media reaction except for messing about with it for ages took about 20 mins and its not because of any processing issue on my computers end. 

EDIT: it happened for the first few games in October in a tier 10 database save seems to have gone now, if the devs see this are there any big processing events in the background that take place at the start of October? 

Edited by jake0r

4 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys,
Just a reminder to upload any affected saves please, you can do so on this link:
https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Would also be helpful to know what you do at the end of the match - if you look at tactics after the teamtalk for example.

Thanks

Uploaded my save there - Sestao River.fm
Clicked continue right after team talk

7 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys,
Just a reminder to upload any affected saves please, you can do so on this link:
https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Would also be helpful to know what you do at the end of the match - if you look at tactics after the teamtalk for example.

Thanks

hey, it's happened again on the next game I played in the fa vase, literally just gave a team talk and clicked Continue. I will upload my save file after it unblocks cheers. 

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, EskildLXIX said:

Uploaded my save there - Sestao River.fm
Clicked continue right after team talk

Thanks for the save, I've reproduced this internally with the awaiting media reaction stuck on the screen for around 10-20 seconds. 

This is with a dev to investigate. 

Cheers,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen after a match three times today but there is a workaround if it happens post-match.

Note when doing the below, you will always see the game screens greyed out with Awaiting Media reaction shown in the foreground until you've completed the steps. 

Workaround when the hang happens:
- Press F2 - you will get taken to home screen
- Click the continue button at top right - it will then change to processing.
- Give ti a few seconds to change to processing then click it again. 
- You will now see the game will skip the media reaction screen, remove the message from the foreground and remove the greying out effect and go to your inbox.
- Carry on as normal. 

This has worked all three times and broke the freeze for me, I only discovered it by the faint hope of pressing keys randomly hoping I could shift it.

• SI Staff
On 02/01/2021 at 16:35, JustinJJ said:

I had this happen after a match three times today but there is a workaround if it happens post-match.

Note when doing the below, you will always see the game screens greyed out with Awaiting Media reaction shown in the foreground until you've completed the steps. 

Workaround when the hang happens:
- Press F2 - you will get taken to home screen
- Click the continue button at top right - it will then change to processing.
- Give ti a few seconds to change to processing then click it again. 
- You will now see the game will skip the media reaction screen, remove the message from the foreground and remove the greying out effect and go to your inbox.
- Carry on as normal. 

This has worked all three times and broke the freeze for me, I only discovered it by the faint hope of pressing keys randomly hoping I could shift it.

Hey @JustinJJ,

Do you have a save before that affected match at all?

Would be a great help if so.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend who plays fm21. Ive not had this issue myself and find it bizarre

So he was playing as Darlington and the game kept getting stuck awaiting media reaction following his fa cup 2nd qualifying match against Gainsborough on October 3rd. After a few attempts of replaying this match it kept happening so he decided to holiday until October 4th. The game just couldn't get past October 3rd

Frustrated he decided to start a new game as Dartford and holiday until October 4th so he knew it was a bug in his Darlington game and that this game would be fine. Bizarrely exactly the same thing happened  and the game couldnt get past October 3rd (FA Cup qualifying day & 1st proper match of the season)

The only item that he has downloaded is the dark skin from the steam workshop, no facepacks kits, etc

Has anyone worked out what was causing this issue and what he should do to rectify this

Cheers

• SI Staff

hi @Cider Ed

Our update last week included a few changes to hopefully prevent this issue happening; so is your friend still experiencing it after the latest update? 

I don't *think* any third party stuff, be it skins etc. cause it though might be worth removing for the sake of moving past it; we can't control how 3rd party stuff works, so might be an idea to rule it out

If he's still getting it I'd like him to upload a save please - he doesn't need to be a member of this forum, just send him this link and it will be our cloud upload, if you let me know the name of the save I'll check this out :)

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

On 11/01/2021 at 12:09, Tony Garvey said:

hi @Cider Ed

Our update last week included a few changes to hopefully prevent this issue happening; so is your friend still experiencing it after the latest update? 

I don't *think* any third party stuff, be it skins etc. cause it though might be worth removing for the sake of moving past it; we can't control how 3rd party stuff works, so might be an idea to rule it out

If he's still getting it I'd like him to upload a save please - he doesn't need to be a member of this forum, just send him this link and it will be our cloud upload, if you let me know the name of the save I'll check this out :)

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

I’m still getting this issue as of right now 

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like many others I am suffering the same awaiting media reaction problem

My first save since downloading FM21 was 1860 Munich and never had the issue there

This is my second save and is with Boston from National League North Play my pre season match no problem but then this happens upon completion of my FA Cup 2nd qualifying round match Every time

Have uploaded the save file as requested 

D3A82CA1-D7FB-4EF9-97C8-3E8A0D514A36.jpeg

• SI Staff

Hey @dgreen19,

I've tested the attached save this morning but it doesn't seem to happen my end. 

Have you got any skins downloaded at all? It would be a great help to me if you could test it without those and see if there's a difference.

Cheers,

Tom

• SI Staff
On 01/03/2021 at 20:26, dgreen19 said:

It’s only happening on FA Cup games and I have managed to find a way of getting past it when it does happen

Thanks for the added information. We're still investigating our end but hopefully you won't encounter this issue again 

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

This is still not reproducing for me. 

I've exhausted all options my end so my advice would be to log a ticket on this - link below.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/819-crash-technical-issues-and-game-performance-support-portal/

Going to lock this thread from further replies - please log a ticket if you have this issue. 

Thanks,

Tom