The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

See related image detail

Season 2040/41 - Chelsea

The goal this season was to basically keep my job till the end of the season and win the Club World Championship.  After the transfer period closed, i tried holdaying for a little while and after 10 days found ourselves in 7th position after 10 games.  I wasnt going to have any of that so played more intensively post the summer transfer window where we were 1st, 1 point clear of Man City.  We ended up winning the league but were knocked out of all the cup competitions relatively early for our lopfty standards.

Come the Club champs and most of the team were still on international duty for our group clash with Tigres.  We had enough players for a starting 11 but our subs were all greyed out players.  Thankfully we managed to score a 3 minute double in the 70th and 73rd minute to win.  Next was Cape Town Spurs with our internationals back this was a breeze. In the quarters, we faced Bayern where we scored early and held on.  Against Man Utd, we went down 1 - 0 in the 22nd minute but then fought our way back to lead at the break 2 - 1. Another goal in the second half settled it.   Against Juve, we scored in the 14th then scored again in the second half in a comfortable final victory.

image.png.f7a63fb1ed44fb1ec048b76eee810c8c.png

on the international front, I ended up leaving the US as the Mexican job become vacant after they lost to Brazil in the Copa America final. They’re ranked 2nd in the world and have much better team then the US.

Ironically I lost the Gold Cup final to the US 3 - 2 lol

Edited by SkiIIs

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coventry 2024/25 & 2025/26

24/25: Our first half season in charge of the club was a pretty frustrating ordeal, we started our tenure 3 points outside the playoffs and ended the season one point out the playoffs so arguably progress, but the team were a frustrating watch, in my mind not playing to their full potential. We had some good players, but it was clear to me the squad did need a bit of an overhaul. I had started making some inroads in the January window in this season but for a tycoon owned club, our budgets were disappointing really.

25/26: Whilst again we did not get given a huge transfer budget, a combination of buying players on installments and selling high value players, we were able to give the squad the overhaul required with starting the season the bookies 4th favourite for the league which I was happy with.

The season started fantastically for us, in our first 7 games we didn’t even concede a single goal and won 6 of the matches. Of course we couldn’t keep up that sort of form all season, but what was evident is that we were really quite good defensively even at times we were found lacking going forward (though generally we were quite good at that too).

For much of the season we were in a 4 horse title race, but our ability to win games that we were not playing well in was a key component of us extending a lead at the top of the table. We eventually ended up winning the league with 4 games remaining after both 2nd and 3rd lost whilst we won. A fantastic season all round, the aim was playoffs so to win the league is a nice achievement. We ended up only conceding 29 goals through the season with our keeper Dylan Rodriguez recording 25 league clean sheets.

image.thumb.png.58141faf3a4719ff62c38494e297475c.png

Coventry is now the team I have stayed at the longest and we’ve bee given a decent enough transfer budget so I wouldn’t be against staying and having a stab at establishing the team in the premier league. That said, during the season I did apply for the Boca Juniors job (didn’t get an interview) and was tempted by the Crystal Palace job (actually also in the championship but would have had a £70m transfer budget). It is a World Cup year, so I will be keeping an eye out to see if I can start my international football career.

Key Player

Federico GattiA free transfer in defense, and a huge part of our impressive defensive showing this season. He was ever present for us this season and very consistent a very good free transfer.

Top Scorer

Abilio SaldanhaAnother new signing this season, I brought him in as a back up player, but he soon cemented himself as a first choice player. 27 goals for the young Portuguese striker – my coaches only rated him as a league one player, but I think he looks like he could be a great player in the coming years.

In what can only be called "total BS," I was only at the Galaxy for a year before they fired me for "poor performance." Nevermind that I won the MLS Cup the year before and the US Open Cup during this season!

image.png.ebf1c5fc01890cd20fd60850e31d34c2.png

While this was mildly infuriating, I was able to grab two of the three trophies I needed from an MLS team. Perhaps I will need to go to Liga MX to land a CONCACAF Champions League trophy. 

Domestic                        
Year Team Country Tier Finish G W D L Pts Trophies Honors Notes
2022 Qingdao Jonoon China 2 16 18 4 4 10 16     Gained National C License
Fired after five months
2022 Heilongjiang Ice City China 2 7 16 11 1 4 34     Gained National B License
2023 Heilongjiang Ice City China 2 1 38 29 2 7 89   Manager of the Month - June
Manager of the Month - September
Manager of the Year
Gained National A License
Gained Continental C License
Sets League Points, Wins record
2024 Heilongjiang Ice City China 1 6 26 12 9 5 45     Left Sept 3rd for LA
2024 Los Angeles Galaxy USA 1 13 10 5 3 2 18 MLS Cup    
2025 Los Angeles Galaxy USA 1 11 32 14 7 11 49 US Open Cup  
Fired on Sept 21 for poor league position

International                        
2021 Ghana --- --- --- 15 11 2 2 35 African Cup of Nations    
2022 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
2023 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
2024 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League    
Club Ligue 1    
Club Bundesliga    
Club La Liga    
Club Serie A    
Club MLS Cup 2024 Los Angeles Galaxy
Club League 7    
Club League 8    
Club League 9    
Club League 10    
Club US Open Cup 2025 Los Angeles Galaxy
Club Domestic Cup 2    
Club Domestic Cup 3    
Club Domestic Cup 4    
Club Domestic Cup 5    
Club Domestic Cup 6    
Club Domestic Cup 7    
Club Domestic Cup 8    
Club Domestic Cup 9    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL    
Club
Copa Libertadores

Club Asian CL    
Club African CL    
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros    
International Gold Cup    
International Copa America    
International African Cup 2022 Ghana
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

Crest.png.7722a48c5be289c3c59c21cdbbb6b6c3.png

Kaizer Chiefs: 2023/24 Review

Having achievement promotion with Jomo Cosmos and jumping ship to join a much bigger club in that of the Kaizer Chiefs it’s fair to say my first season was one of failed opportunities. My reason to move on was simple as I had a much better chance of winning trophies with the Kaizer Chiefs than with my newly promoted side. I was instantly backed in the transfer market although didn’t really spend that much money. The biggest signing was central midfielder Sesephile Maduna, the 23-year old joining us from Amazulu in a £300,000 deal. There were eight new arrivals but most of them came on free dealings.

1241123265_FinalTable.png.de1bd4267cb630e880e8c715043a4557.png

We actually deserve a lot of credit just in achieving a 3rd placed finish. We started the season really slowly and but for a solid end to the campaign we would’ve finished much lower than we did. Failing to win any of our last three matches saw Maritzburg United leapfrog us into 2nd spot though and really hurt us by stealing the 2nd Champions League spot. Very frustrating to miss out on that opportunity but thoroughly deserved for our rivals. We never looked remotely in with a shout of winning the league but I have to be relatively happy that we managed to finish as high up as we did.

Outside of the league I am a lot less satisfied though. We crashed out of the Knockout Cup after a painful 1-3 defeat to Sundowns in the early stages of the season leaving just two more opportunities. We would go on to make the final of both the SA Knockout Cup and the SA Cup and play Premier League strugglers TS Galaxy in both. Unfortunately we would actually lose both matches and both without scoring a goal, summing up our issues all season long. Firstly we were sucker punched in the Knockout Cup final by losing 0-2 and then in the SA Cup we were much better but still lost out 0-1. Very disappointing to have two opportunities to pick up my first silverware of the challenge and miss out on both.

For some surprising reason the board here offered me a new one year contract and I signed on to stay without any hesitation. This season was overall pretty disappointing but I did see plenty of things that give me hope for progress. Goal scoring was a real issue and I’ve tried to counter that by signing the second highest goal scorer in the league. We will pick up 23-year old Bongokuhle Hlongwane from Maritzburg United in a £300,000 deal. I’ve also moved to spend £350,000 on young central midfielder Ethan Brooks which looks a very exciting deal. Possibly our most important signing is that of Ghampani Lungu though. The 25-year old Zambian winger was superb for title winning SuperSport United and we’ve grabbed his signature in a £200,000 deal. I’ve spent money but I’m positive that it’s going to give us an opportunity to put up more of a fight in the league and at the very least look to grab a domestic trophy.

Season	Club				Competition			Position		Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22 Jomo Cosmos FC			SA First Division		10th
2022/23 Jomo Cosmos FC			SA First Division		1st (C)		SA First Division Champions
2023/24 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		3rd

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/5 Continental Championships 
0/1 Club World Championship

0/5 Continental Tournaments          
0/1 World Tournament 

bayer.png.4ce26f45ecf1d581df767135b891674d.png

Leverkusen 2038/39

Competitons

Bundesliga - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

After the way we started the season, I was convinced we could win the title but I was wrong. Our form dipped towards the end and 2 wins from our last 8 league games meant we only finished 3rd. 

DFB Pokal - Results

A good run to the final and then another final defeat, I think this is the 4th or 5th of the challenge so far and I am guessing it wont be the last. 

Champions League/Europa League - CL Results    EL Results

A poor group stage showing meant we went into the Europa League and exited that in the Quarter Finals.

DFL Super cup - Result

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

You will see I spent a fortune this season but it was needed. The team was full of average players who were getting into their 30s and were never going to be good enough for a title challenge. Another busy summer is expected ahead as we want to be challenging on all fronts next season. 3 star men this year were:

Ibrahim N'Goran (AML)

Nicolas Lopes (CB)

Joseph Mohammed (ST)

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd		1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.
2027	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.
2028	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won treble. 
2029	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	3rd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 11/06/29. 
2030	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	1st	n/a		WIN	WIN	WIN	n/a	Left at end of contract on 30/12/30.
2031/32	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won KNVB Beker and Europa Conference League
2032/33	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS.	n/a	Won Europa League and Johan Cruuf Schaal.
2033/34	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	1st	n/a		R2	n/a	L16	n/a	Won League and UEFA Super Cup. Left at end of contract.
2034/35	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	5th	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won UEFA Europa Conference.
2035/36	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Europa League QF.
2036/37	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n.a	RU	n/a	Lost in Champions League Final.
2037/38	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	1st	n/a		Win	n/a	RU	3rd	Lost in Champions League Final (Again), left at end of contract.
2038/39	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	3rd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS	n/a	Took over  in June.

International Career

Year	Nation		F.Rank	NL	Cont.	WC	Other Achievmennts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023	Ivory Coast	56th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 10/09/2023
2024	Ivory Coast	41st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for 2025 AFCON
2025	Ivory Coast	25th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2025 AFCON. Resigned on 2/10/25.
2030	Mexico		21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 21/07/30.
2031	Mexico		16th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2031 Gold Cup.
2032	South Korea	21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 20/06/2032
2033	South Korea	16th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Climbed to 16th in FIFA Rankings, won EAFF E-1 Championships.
2034	South Korea	15th	n/a	n/a	QF	Got to World Cup QF.
2035	South Korea	15th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2035 AFC Asian Cup. Resigned on 12/02/2035.
2036	England		7th	GS	n/a	n/a	Hired on 13/7/2036
2037	England		5th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified For 2038 World Cup.
2038	England		3rd		n/a	RU	Lost In World Cup Final To Spain.

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 Top Domestic Leagues
---------------------------
DSTV Prem 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Liga MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Brazil Serie A 2030 - Corinthians.
Eredivisie 2033/34 - Feyernoord.
La Liga 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.

6/10 Domestic Cups
Telekom Cup 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Copa MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CFA Cup 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Do Brasil 2030 - Corinthians.
Toto KNVB Beker 31/32 - Feyernoord.
Copa Del Rey 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.

4/5 Continental Championships 
CAF Champions League 25/26 - Cape Town Spurs.
CONCACAF Champions League 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
AFC Champions League 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Liberatores 2030 - Corinthians.	

-----------------------------

International
3/5 Continental Tournaments
2025 AFCON - Ivory Coast.
2031 Gold Cup - Mexico.
2035 AFC Asian Cup.

0/1 World Tournament

19/32

Edited by BigJack

Crest.png.28facfde42055885bc75ba3ee5127cdc.png

Kaizer Chiefs: 2024/25 Review

My first season in charge of this great football club ended without a trophy but a definite amount of progress. We made it to two domestic cup finals and also managed to sneak ourselves into a third placed league finish. By no means enough for a club like this but a definite step in the right direction. I was handed a one year contract extension for our efforts though and went into this season full of hope.

Having spent fairly big to strengthen our squad it was a slow start to our season that looked to have cost us. By the ten game mark we had already lost three times in the league and found ourselves a full ten points off of league leaders Sundowns and nestled in mid table. Outside of the league we had started better though and after a disappointing early exit in the Super-8 Cup we found our way through to an early domestic cup final in the Knockout Cup.

1425757231_KnockoutCupFinal.png.7eb0d489f8525726289c1f0dd27f099f.png

A first trophy for me towards the challenge and a fantastic effort to win it. We produced a great run knocking out Orlando Pirates and Sundowns on our way. Our success wouldn’t end their though as we managed to beat Maritzburg United in both the SA Cup and Confederations Cup finals. Three trophies won that went a long way to countering our two cup final defeats last time around. Winning the continental competition in the Confederations Cup was particularly pleasing.

After a tough start our league campaign really managed to pick up. Summer signing Bongokuhle Hlongwane would win the leagues top scorer award as we started to climb the table and string together a consistent run of results. Our last twenty one league matches saw us win eighteen and draw just three. Unfortunately two of those draws came in our last two matches though and we narrowly missed out on the league title. Having drawn 2-2 with Sundowns away from home we went into our final league match of the season knowing a win would see us lift the title. We put in a truly fantastic display but just couldn’t clinch the game. We hit the woodwork three times, missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed as we drew 0-0 to fall just short.

1357463104_FinalTable.png.324c0ea400acac947aaa54d3a71a0e48.png

We broke the league record got the highest points tally without lifting the league title which goes a long way to showing just how close we came. In truth we should’ve won it in the end and to fall short on the final day really was a low blow. I’m not too downbeat though and have instead set my goals for next season. Finishing 2nd has given us qualification into the Champions League and having won a domestic cup this time around that competition now becomes one of my main focuses. Winning the league title is obviously the other one. I’ve already pinpointed them areas of the squad that need strengthening and we have a number of new arrivals coming. The squad is going to be seriously strong and anything other than a league title will be a huge disappointment. The Champions League will be a tougher ask but I’m confident we can have a real go at it. Hopefully my spell here will last just one more season, but that will involve successes on multiple fronts. Especially difficult in a nation where fixture congestion really does hit hard on several occasions of a season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23 Jomo Cosmos FC			SA First Division		1st (C)		SA First Division Champions
2024/25 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		2nd			SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2025/26 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		tbc

1/10 Domestic Cups			(SA Cup 2024/25)

0/1 World Tournament 

Edited by goonergez

See related image detail

The next step of my journey was going to be France to wrap up the big 5 leagues. the PSG gig would be the ultimate but I cant see that happening any time soon, instead Ive take the Monaco role who were sitting in 4th after 10 games and still in Champions League after finishing 3rd last year.  An intriguing mission to try take beat PSG to the title, something they've won every year since the start of the save, 22 years straight. 

The league performance was really solid, we were winning a lot of games most of them were quite tight games that could have gone either way. Nevertheless, we created a lot of space to the best of the rest, PSG were untouchable so a second place was a good result.

In the cup, Lyon knocked out PSG in the quarters and we played Lyon in the Semi away.  Unfortunately it came at a point where the team were quite fatigued as we were also challenging the Europa Cup, something that we would go on an win.  We lost to Lyon 1 - 0 who were the eventual winners.

Really enjoying this challenge, its the first time  im actually building a team for tomorrow and have invested in young talented wonderkids.  Something i would normally try to build in my saves, apart from this challenge which is more transactional.

Its World Cup year and Mexico is ranked 2nd in the World, although i dont really rate us as one of the favs.

Following the World Cup this summer I applied for a lot of the available international jobs hoping that I'd get an offer or two, I ended up with 6 offers coming on one day (I perhaps would have been offered more but of course there is no ability to delay decisions on international job offers). I'd say I've landed a pretty good job with me joining the top ranked national team in the world - France. Incidentally it suggests my favoured formation is 4-2-4 when other than with Fylde I've only played 1 striker systems.

image.png.bead79f1233ac2c4f83a7acecc9034ed.png

image.jpeg.232d6662aace1af98f48aaa151899703.jpeg

2042 - World Cup

Entering the competition as the holders and as the 5th best country in the World, the bookies had us in with a chance, the committee expected us to reach the semi final but I didnt necessarily consider us with a realistic chance.  Leading into the tournament, we played a friendly against Spain which we lost 1 - 0 in a game that we really matched them and then played against Denmark and drew 2 - 2.

We had a fairly difficult group containing Norway and Japan but we should get through both these teams.  First game against Norway, we found ourselves losing 3 - 0 at half time. In a three legged group, I was thinking the worst here.  We managed to peg one back in the 53rd minute only for Norway to regain their 3 goal lead in the 73rd minute. Changed the formation which managed to work as we scored in the 77th and then again in the 83rd but couldnt find an equaliser.  A bad 4 - 3 loss to start.  Against Japan a game we had to win, we made up for it by smashing them 9 - 2 however this could only manage second in the group and a tie against Serbia awaited us in round 2.

Second Round

Spoiler

A really tight affair that could have gone either way, we scored first 4 minutes after the break, however a 2 goal double for Serbia had us losing in the 52nd minute! We equalised via the penalty spot in the 58th minute.  A winner by Franco (my star striker back at Dortmund, stats attached in a previous post) in the 92nd minute saw us through.  Next up Uruguay

Third Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

a comfortable 3 - 0 win. Next up Scotland 

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

really getting the luck of the draw here.  Even though we conceded first in the 13th minute by McDougall (who ive now signed at Monaco), we equalised right away and won comfortably 3 - 1.  Up next Italy in the semis

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

happy that I've met the expectation of the Mexican committee so i shouldnt get sacked post this tournament.  Against Italy we were conceded a controversial penalty (think Grosso against the Aussies back in 2006) which was converted.  Italy then added a secondi n the first half.  We simply were outplayed.  I changed formations and we threw everything at them, we managed to score in the 90th minute and had 3 minutes added time to take it to extra time which came to nothing. Italy somewhat deserved winners

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

third place playoff which i couldnt give a rats tossbag about, we played Spain and lost 2 - 0. France ended up beating Italy in the final.

After getting fired by the Galaxy, I went back to China to take over Guangzhou Evergrande with five games left in the 2025 season and a chance to make the Asian Champions League. Unfortunately, I could not do that and barely missed the cut. In 2026, I pulled off the domestic double quite comfortably. 

image.png.7758058d9c29cf2c6ed8b705c00d1456.png

Staying to win the AFC CL would make sense but who knows what my future holds. What I do know is that it's been hard as hell to find even a decent national team to accept my application which is making it much more difficult to get the international trophies. Here's to hoping. 

Domestic                        
Fired after five months
2023 Heilongjiang Ice City China 2 1 38 29 2 7 89   Manager of the Month x3
Manager of the Year
2024 Los Angeles Galaxy USA 1 13 10 5 3 2 18 MLS Cup   Entered American Hall of Fame
2025 Guangzhou Evergrande China 1 5 7 6 0 1 18      
2026 Guangzhou Evergrande China 1 1 34 26 4 4 82 Chinese Super League
Chinese FA
Manager of the Month x3
Manager of the Year
Entered China Hall of Fame

International                        
2025 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
2026 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League    
Club Ligue 1    
Club Bundesliga    
Club La Liga    
Club Serie A    
Club Chinese Super League 2026 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club League 8    
Club League 9    
Club League 10    
Club Chinese FA 2026 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club Domestic Cup 3    
Club Domestic Cup 4    
Club Domestic Cup 5    
Club Domestic Cup 6    
Club Domestic Cup 7    
Club Domestic Cup 8    
Club Domestic Cup 9    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL    
Club Copa Libertadores    
Club Asian CL    
Club African CL    
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros    
International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

1043601eeb630961393dcd.png

TIGRES UANL

2030/31

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2031

Key Players: Diego Lainez ~ Giordano Zuccaro ~ Jhonathan Zapata ~ Luis Rosales ~ Marcelo Flores

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

LIGA MX

(Click to View)

Liga-MX_-Stages03ff70bfb597ccde.png ~ Liga-MX_-Stages-273d83f3e69460e67.png

Results: Liga MX Apertura ~ Liga MX Clausura ~ Copa MX ~ Leagues Cup

CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

(Click to View)

CONCACAF-Champions-League_-Stagesdf5fd4ba73647bc5.png

Results: CONCACAF Champions League

After somewhat a slow start in the opening stages I decided to switch formations, the one that saved me in South Africa wasn't having the same affect in Mexico, in past attempts at this challenge I've always stuck with 1 formation. Now I think I've had to use 3 different ones so far and I like it. We had a bit of a major clear out when I joined the club, there were players I was looking to managing like Jovic, Radu, etc, however they all wanted to leave as soon as bids cam in for them. I'm so pleased I came to Mexico if you look at my key players I got Rosales (£4.5M) and Zuccaro for (£1.1M) respectively and I don't think I'd of ever found them if I had not come to Mexico. Anyway overall another good season towards the challenge I'm annoyed I missed out on the Copa MX as our form was so good throughout the season and in the Champions League we won at a canter barring one minor slip up vs Galaxy in the group stage. I'm at a strange point in this challenge it's rare that I have more Champions Leagues than actual leagues at this point but I feel the competition is less so in these continents as the other countries are a fairly poor standard and the league is probably the more difficult.

I think I'll be looking to move on to Asia next as Shanghai Port is available, I've not managed many International teams as I've just realised they don't come up on my job centre even when I have International jobs ticked so I have to go to job security for them, I thought it was strange no International jobs were coming up after major tournaments so hopefully I can start pushing on with jobs over that side this season or next.

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

591071915_CareerProgress.thumb.png.913c4d374bccb6cc49baf2dac69d77bd.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

443478069_CareerStats.png.33195ea454fb461917e0b730d0d5511d.png

23292170a2ca1277653a9d3c.png

SHANGHAI PORT

Club Overview ~ League Table ~ Squad ~ Finances

As expected we did take over Shanghai Port, they're having a poor season losing in the Champions League group stage, however they're still in the FA Cup which is my main target alongside attempting to qualify for the Champions League.

Edited by Crowy

Previous:

On 09/04/2022 at 20:13, Anners said:

2021/22 Season Report

Club: NK Dugopolje (Croatia)

NK Dugopolje - Wikipedia

Appointment

After my first post discussing Ghana, I rejected that and we took over Croatian side NK Dugopolje in the FavBet Druga Liga (step below the top division and the heavyweights) for the season ahead. 

League - Cup

League - FavBet Druga Liga:

A somewhat straight forward domestic season saw us lift the title with 2 games remaining, even with the amount of points we managed to pick up. Varazdin matched us punch for punch and were level on points with us with games remaining. Only finishing 2 points ahead is a little flattering to Varazdin as I'd rotated heavily the last 2 games to prepare for the cup.

Cup - Hrvatski Nogometni Kup:

Well. This was a bit unexpected but I feel like what @vikeologist said above is about right and I somewhat belong here now - I've had an awful collapse in a final after a bit of a miracle run to get there in the first place!

image.png.ea25d594887f67e5cf72cf9670da42ee.png

We go 2-0 up, but Dinamo Zagreb pull 2 back before half time. They go 3-2 up just after the break and eventually I had to open up which ended up being the wrong decision and they ended up with a couple more to make it a 5-2 loss there.

History:

2022/23 Season Report

Club: Hadjuk Split (Croatia) (Moved mid-season from NK Dugopolje)

HNK Hajduk Split.svg

Appointment

I took over Hajduk Split in mid-October 4th in the League after 13 games, 10 points behind Dinamo Zagreb in 1st. Whilst Dugopolje was set up pretty decently, I couldn't turn down one of the biggest clubs in the country. FYI with the links below, we joined on 14/10/2022

League - Cup - Europe

Telekom Prva Liga:

I'm incredibly disappointed here. I thought we'd have had a decent chance of at least getting closer than the 10 point gap I inherited at the start of the season but we end up worse, 21 points off top spot. I can't do much when Dinamo win 20 of 24 games from when I joined, but it's still incredibly frustrating.

We personally go one step further than last year and take the cup and get the challenge underway! Although the final wasn't exactly straightforward as we were reduced to 10 men after 62 minutes. Thankfully, Lokomotiva were not great and we had already dispatched of Dinamo Zagreb in the Semi Final thanks to a 92nd minute penalty.

2022-23-hajduk-cup-win7c0c2539b73652fe.png

Internationally, I should be picking up a job after the summer break. I was a little surprised I couldn't get anything after the World Cup, but better to stay patient.

History:

image.thumb.png.2ba5ea2a492ea4e4f233a0e7ab5f44ed.png

image.png.bbfe386c6d3cfb16a37aee927974ae1e.png

Leverkusen 39/40

Competitions

Bundesliga - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

I knew we had the quality to challenge again but it looked like it was not going to be our year as RB Leipzig flew out of the traps as just kept going. It wasn't until the final 7 or 8 games they started to drop points and we ended up sealing the title with 2 games spare. 

DFB Pokal - Results    

Given a pretty easy run up until the semi against Hertha who are a decent side. We faced Leipzig in the final and ran out comfortable winners to seal a double.

Champions League - Results

After last season's poor showing and group stage exit I was desperate to do well this season. We got through a difficult group stage before facing holders Man City in the last 16. A first leg win wasn't enough as they rescued the tie in the 2nd leg.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

We have built a really good side here and I like it as much as my previous 2 sides (Atletico and Feyernoord). Its another side packed with players who have room to improve complemented by some experienced heads. Key men this season were:

Jesper Andrell (AML) - The Swede is a legendary figure in the game. I first signed him for Tigres years ago and he moved on to Man City and then Barcelona, winning 2 Balon d'ors and 2 Fifa mens best player awards along the way. When he came available for just 11m I couldnt say no, especially as we lost N'Goran in the summer and he was a direct replacement. He contributed an impressive 26 goals and 18 assists in 36 starts.

Nicolas Lopez (CB) - A Rolls Royce of a centre back he has been outstanding for the 2 season I have been in charge. 

Joseph Mohammed (ST) - Led the line well and looks like he could be a real goal threat if he keeps on improving.

Next Season

I am torn with what to do after our double winning season. I have got the 2 trophies needed in Germany but with a year left on my contract and no real appealing roles open, I may just stay for the last year and have a crack at the Champions League. I have Euro 2040 this summer with England so a good role in Italy or France may appear after the usual International merry go round after a summer tourney.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.
2027	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.
2030	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	1st	n/a		WIN	WIN	WIN	n/a	Left at end of contract on 30/12/30.
2031/32	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won KNVB Beker and Europa Conference League
2032/33	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS.	n/a	Won Europa League and Johan Cruuf Schaal.
2033/34	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	1st	n/a		R2	n/a	L16	n/a	Won League and UEFA Super Cup. Left at end of contract.
2034/35	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	5th	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won UEFA Europa Conference.
2035/36	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Europa League QF.
2036/37	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n.a	RU	n/a	Lost in Champions League Final.
2037/38	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	1st	n/a		Win	n/a	RU	3rd	Lost in Champions League Final (Again), left at end of contract.
2038/39	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	3rd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS	n/a	Took over  in June.
2039/40	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	L16	n/a	League and Cup Double.

International Career

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2033	South Korea	16th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Climbed to 16th in FIFA Rankings, won EAFF E-1 Championships.
2035	South Korea	15th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2035 AFC Asian Cup. Resigned on 12/02/2035.
2038	England		3rd		n/a	RU	Lost In World Cup Final To Spain.

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 Top Domestic Leagues
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Bundesliga 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.

7/10 Domestic Cups
DFB Pokal 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.

International
2031 Gold Cup - Mexico.
2035 AFC Asian Cup.

0/1 World Tournament

21/32

Edited by BigJack

See related image detail

Season 2042 / 43 - AS Monaco

In the process of building a really nice squad with lots of wonderkids and potential. Still a sizeable gap between the pulling power of PSG and us and thought it would initially take 3 seasons to catch them.  I was wrong. We started the season hot and even touched up PSG at home 6 - 0!  We won our first 14 league games and our first blemish was a 1 - 1 draw with Lens. We then went on and won 9 games until we lost our first game against PSG away. We wont the league with 4 games to go and then rotated the team and dropped some of the last few games.

2022-04-16.png.cf2e4cce842eb0092448e04c0eeac2bf.png

In the French Cup, there were shades of last year to it, getting a sweet run and then facing either PSG or Lyon in the semis. Lyon again beat them and we exacted our revenge from last season by beating them and getting into the final.  We scored early in the final against Rennes, however they managed to equalise in the 88th minute. We managed to score the winning goal in the 102nd minute and do the double!

1552134990_2022-04-16(2).png.368a58b4f50a9f5f19f8b4a0cc8e3646.png

We did quite well in the Champions League, we made it to the semis before losing twice home and away to PSG.

We have the Gold Cup on this summer, second attempt at it so wanting to tick that one off.

Thinking of going either Australia or Greece to continue the club challenge, need one more league and a few more domestic cups.

9 / 10    Domestic Leagues    
2021      Singapore Premier League                   Tampines Rovers
2027      Chinese Super League                       Tianshan Leopards
2030/31   South African Premier League               Kaizer Chiefs
2033/34   Mexican First Division (Opening Stage)     Cruz Azul
2036/37   Spanish First Division             Real Madrid
2037/38   Italian Serie A                 Juventus
2038/39   German Bundesliga                 Borussia Dortmund
2039/40   English Premier League             Chelsea
2042/43   French League 1                 AS Monaco

7 / 10    Domestic Cups    
2021          Singapore Cup              Tampines Rovers
2027          Chinese FA Cup             Tianshan Leopards
2030/31       South Africa FA Cup        Kaizer Chiefs
2036/37       Spanish Cup         Real Madrid
2037/38       Italian Cup         Juventus
2039/40       English FA Cup         Chelsea
2042/43       French Cup         AS Monaco

5 / 5    Continental Cups    
2029          Asian Champions League                 Tianshan Leopards
2031/32       African Champions League               Kaizer Chiefs
2032          Copa Libertadores                      Fluminense
2033/34       North American Champions League        Cruz Azul
2037/38          European Champions League             Juventus

1 / 1     Club World Championships
2040/41          Club World Champions             Chelsea    

2 / 5    Continental Cups    
2025          African Nations        Ivory Coast
2039          Asian Cup             South Korea

0 / 1    World Tournaments    

24 / 32    Total Completed    

The second season at Guangzhou was a real barn burner. While I already had secured the Chinese Super League title, I had a bit of extra motivation to finish out the season. With only two draws, I was able to lead GZ Evergrande to an invincible season. I shattered all the points, wins, low-losses, etc. records and all of this culminated on a 48-game undefeated streak. Unfortunately, this did not cross over to the FA Cup as I was bumped out in the quarterfinals by Beijing Guoan. Fortunately, I had already won the FA Cup the year before. Additionally, I was able to snag the Asian Champions League trophy to boot. My time in Asia has run its course and now I will figure out where the road will take me. 

image.png.d5c3d8a7d172d5c6d22afc078a8e1c26.png

image.png.60c4e5ec7e0448fa9928f8b30aef81a8.png

image.png.657c9d43c23101e4abc3f5038fc52ea2.png

Domestic                        
Fired after five months
Manager of the Year
2024 Los Angeles Galaxy USA 1 13 10 5 3 2 18 MLS Cup   Entered American Hall of Fame
Chinese FA
Manager of the Month x3
Manager of the Year
2027 Guangzhou Evergrande China 1 1 34 32 2 0 98 Chinese Super League
Asian Champions League
Manager of the Month x8
Manager of the Year
Entered Asian Hall of Fame

International                        
2027 Ivory Coast --- --- --- 6 4 1 1 13 --- --- ---

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League    
Club Ligue 1    
Club Bundesliga    
Club La Liga    
Club Serie A    
Club League 8    
Club League 9    
Club League 10    
Club Domestic Cup 3    
Club Domestic Cup 4    
Club Domestic Cup 5    
Club Domestic Cup 6    
Club Domestic Cup 7    
Club Domestic Cup 8    
Club Domestic Cup 9    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL    
Club Copa Libertadores    
Club Asian CL 2027 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club African CL    
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros    
International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

SHANGHAI PORT

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2031

Key Players: Davide Magni ~ Alejandro ~ Gao Jiaxin ~ Ma YangYang ~ Zhang Qingshan

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

Shanghai-Port-FC_-Competitionsfa86969167cb281b.png

Results: Chinese Super League | Champions League

CHINESE FA CUP

(Click to View)

Chinese-FA-Cup_-Stagesfeab79e7caa1552f.png

When I first came in I wanted to heavily focus on the Chinese players for now as I could only register 2 foreign players in the last window, hopefully I can add another 3 or 4 before next season. We had an excellent start to life at Shanghai Port winning 20 of our first 25 games, thankfully we were still in a cup competition when I joined and we managed to go on and win that comfortably. I can't remember exactly when I took over we were in 8th I think (I lost my first game and forgot to update me spreadsheet so that dropped us to 10th) but we've done remarkably well to finish 2nd, I could have gone on to win the league in my first attempt but had crash dumps and had to re do the last 8 of the 10 matches or so where results favoured us a bit more but such is life. I'm confident with the right additions we will walk the league next season going off of this seasons form. In the Champions League it was extremely poor from the previous manager, although I suggested we reach the final next season to players and they said that was too ambitious, is the Champions League on this continent tougher than others?

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

2110930907_CareerProgress.thumb.png.a46b40cb9694c8e3c861c407abee989a.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1490372264_CareerStats.png.93bd92592c2afb8e91b63c4e7efaeb1b.png

Crest.png.a162f8106c68f02212fcad0cbbf9d4e6.png

Kaizer Chiefs: 2025/26 Review

Last season saw a wave of success for me as my Chiefs side lifted three trophies and only narrowly missed out on lifting the league title too. Having come so close this season was all about going one step further and making sure we won the league title. I also wanted us to put in a good run in the Champions League having managed to make it into the competition courtesy of our second placed finish. 

We spent just shy of £1,000,000 in the summer as I looked to bring in some real quality to go with the squad I’d already managed to put together. Holding midfielder Siphesihle Mkhize joined us from Chippa United in a £100,000 deal and more importantly perhaps was the £150,000 signing of 18-year old left back Michael Mbunjana from Maritzburg United. We entered the season with a very strong looking squad and fancied by everybody to make a real go at it.

1416101476_EnTable.png.b14b5d28ad1d2bc43e87ef277caa742d.png

Our campaign started in the best possible way as we won our first eight matches and just looked sensational in doing so. Up top Bongokuhle Hlongwane was scoring at a rate of over a goal a game and defensively we only conceded two goals during that run. 

In fact it wasn’t until Christmas and the winter break that our form subsided. We put together a woeful run of form where we wasted far too many chances to win games and slipped off the pace. With ten games remaining we sat 2nd and 7 points off leaders Sundowns when we travelled to them for a must win game. We didn’t, drawing 2-2 and effectively ending our shot at the title. Sundowns would go on to lift the title with four matches remaining whilst we had to settle for a second straight season as runner up.

Outside of the league we endured an even more difficult campaign. We crashed out of all domestic cups at the first hurdle as I looked to rotate players for a push at both the league and the Champions League. Continentally it paid off as we navigated through to the semi finals of the competition where we would meet our old nemesis in Sundowns. A narrow 0-1 defeat away in the first leg meant we stood a genuine chance of progression to a first final but it wasn’t meant to be. We spurned a vast array of chances before being hit late on with a sucker punch to lose 0-1. That defeat was especially hard to take.

After such a strong season last time around this one really did bring me back down to earth with a bang. I genuinely thought at one stage we could go on and win the two competitions I need to clinch and in the end we failed in both. My contract here runs for another year yet though and so I will be looking for us to do that next time around. It won’t be easy and we will have to be wise with our summer activities to do so. Sundowns possess quality in great numbers and it’s shown in the fact they have beaten us to the title the past two seasons. We are streets ahead of the rest of the league though and so hopefully next season we can have a really good go at trying to lift the required trophies so I can escape South Africa and head on with my adventures.

2024/25 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		2nd			SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2025/26 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		2nd

0/1 World Tournament 

Crest.png.2f67412e4eb4e549917f69d6a2806ac9.png

Kaizer Chiefs: 2026/27 Review

A trophy free season last time around had me feeling like progress here had seen set back although we still needed to be considered one of the strongest sides in the country going into this campaign. I focused my attentions on keeping hold of players and adding a bit more depth to the squad. A left back was vital and we actually nabbed one from our biggest rivals Orlando Pirates. We completed a double raid on our bitter rivals too, signing central midfielder Goodman Mosele in a £500,000 dealing. The biggest signing of my reign so far. Outside of that the £40,000 signing of 33-year old striker Victor Lesoalo from SuperSport United looked a shrewd one to play backup to striker Bongokuhle Hlongwane. We entered the campaign looking strong in depth and that would be needed as we chased a League title and a Champions League crown as the priorities.

Our season started brilliantly, with only a Super-8 Cup final defeat to Sundowns blotting the ink book. We bounced back to defeat the same team in the Knockout Cup final to exact a level of revenge. We reached the winter break top of the league and progressed to the Group Stage of the Champions League too. The second portion of the season was all about trying to win those trophies and that was basically the only target for the remainder of the season.

Champions.png.50aeb270dcdfd6690a7c7cf50a0c61f2.png

We did manage to lift the league title, mainly down to a twenty four match winning streak after dropping points in our third match of the campaign. In fact it did look as though we would complete an unbeaten campaign until a disappointing defeat to Sundowns in our twenty eighth match of the campaign. We followed that up with another disappointing defeat against TS Galaxy but were crowned champions as Sundowns also failed to win. We thoroughly deserved the title and looked almost unstoppable for much of the campaign. 29 league goals at a goal a game rate from Bongokuhle Hlongwane certainly proving helpful.

Outside of the league we used mainly fringe players in reaching the final of the SA Cup again. A full strength side was named in a 3-0 demolition of Maritzburg United to once again lift the trophy. In the Champions League we would suffer deja-vu by as a 0-1 defeat both home and away to Sundowns saw us crash out at the semi final stage again. That’s two years running now that Sundowns have ended our quest for a continental crown.

Overall the season was a blinding success though. We lifted two domestic cup competitions and finally won that elusive first Premier League title. Unfortunately the Champions League still slips by us though. We’re so close to winning it and I feel if we could avoid Sundowns then we could definitely go on to lift the trophy. My contract here is about to expire but unless a really great opportunity comes up then I’m definitely going to stay for one more season and desperately hunt down that Champions League. I’m in no rush to jump ship and I honestly feel my squad is so close to getting it done. I’ll be on the hunt for a couple of new players but in truth it’ll probably be a quiet summer here. Keeping the squad we have together is much more of a priority than adding to it.

2026/27 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners

1/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(SA Premier League 2026/27)

0/1 World Tournament

Coventry 2026/27 Mid-Season update

spacer.png

Following our promotion to the Premier league I managed to stretch our transfer budget to bring in £100m worth of players improving both the first XI and overall depth of the squad to give us a competitive team that should see us well safe from relegation. We eased our way into the season drawing our first 4 games but picked up a creditable win against Liverpool not long after. We've been very much a solid team, not really well beaten by anyone and picked up good results against some good teams.

Overall we've managed to transition well to the Premier League and find ourselves sitting just outside the European places which is obviously a massive positive for a team just promoted to the Premier League.

image.thumb.png.6e5ab715f6574868150e0c0208eafe07.png

Alas, I'm doing a mid-season update and that is because it is time for us to move on this time we're moving to Germany and Hertha Berlin as I feel there a club that's probably just a little closer to being good enough to win something. I had actually an interview with Inter which of course would have been an incredible job to get at this stage, alas I was unsuccessful. Hertha always end up with lots of money on Football Manager so hopefully I can use that to get them looking at perhaps a title challenge in Germany within the next year or two.

Previous:

On 14/04/2022 at 20:12, Anners said:

Previous:

2022/23 Season Report

Club: Hadjuk Split (Croatia) (Moved mid-season from NK Dugopolje)

HNK Hajduk Split.svg

Appointment

I took over Hajduk Split in mid-October 4th in the League after 13 games, 10 points behind Dinamo Zagreb in 1st. Whilst Dugopolje was set up pretty decently, I couldn't turn down one of the biggest clubs in the country. FYI with the links below, we joined on 14/10/2022

League - Cup - Europe

Telekom Prva Liga:

I'm incredibly disappointed here. I thought we'd have had a decent chance of at least getting closer than the 10 point gap I inherited at the start of the season but we end up worse, 21 points off top spot. I can't do much when Dinamo win 20 of 24 games from when I joined, but it's still incredibly frustrating.

We personally go one step further than last year and take the cup and get the challenge underway! Although the final wasn't exactly straightforward as we were reduced to 10 men after 62 minutes. Thankfully, Lokomotiva were not great and we had already dispatched of Dinamo Zagreb in the Semi Final thanks to a 92nd minute penalty.

2022-23-hajduk-cup-win7c0c2539b73652fe.png

Internationally, I should be picking up a job after the summer break. I was a little surprised I couldn't get anything after the World Cup, but better to stay patient.

History:

2023/24 Season Report
Club: Hajduk Split (Croatia)

HNK Hajduk Split.svgimage.jpeg.af0e26f715eecb47334b22939b4c6fcb.jpeg

Appointment

Managed to grab hold of the Japan job just after the Asian Cup finished. Not exactly the best time to get an Asian job, but tides me over. Not much of an update so I'll keep it short - currently progressing through the 2nd Round of World Cup qualifying, winning 6 of 6 with a group that involves Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia. Will be a proper update at the end of next season.

League - Cup - Europe

2023 24 hajduk league win

League - Telekom Prva Liga:

A league win gets us off the mark! A disappointing European campaign actually helped massively as we were so much fresher before the winter break. The gap ended up being 13 points which did flatter us a little bit as Dinamo Zagreb seemed to just collapse at the end of the season. 

We made it to the final again, but came up short to Dinamo on penalties after being 2-0 up with 8 minutes left with 10 men since the 7th minute. Bit of a normal Hajduk/Dinamo game I think there!

I'm hoping to be able to hop somewhere over Summer and try get another league title under my belt. I've got nothing left in Croatia to complete, so needs to be a move sooner rather than later.

History:

image.thumb.png.4c41f9cb7ae8cb2f1f728723db57c339.png

Edited by Anners

image.jpeg.7ec90be0f0da4377c5117fd7be556e10.jpeg

England - EURO 2040

We went into the EURO's with the F.A expecting a place in the last 4 as a minimum. 

Group Stage

Group Standings

A tough group containing Belgium, Holland and Poland. We got off to a great start as we beat Belgium in the opening Game 2-1. Up next was Poland and I under estimated them by rotating my full 11 and we only scraped a 0-0 draw. The final game was against Holland, a 2-1 loss had me fearing the worst but we somehow scraped though due to our win against Belgium as we finished with identical records.

Last 16

Spoiler

In the last 16 we faced France who have a great side. An entertaining 2-2 draw proceeded with them twice taking the lead and so the game went into extra time. We managed to grab an early goal and saw out the game to progress

Quarter Final

Spoiler

In the last 8 we faced the Czech Republic who had knocked out Germany in the previous round. They never managed to lay a glove on us as we sailed through 3-0 and it should have been more.

Semi Final

Spoiler

In the last 4 we faced our World Cup conquerors and Number 1 ranked side in the world Spain. I have to admit I didn't fancy our chances but we nicked a 2-1 win that we didn't deserve.

Final

Spoiler

The final was a rematch of our last group game against Holland. The match was a snore fest as we played out a 0-0 draw that had limited chances. Into extra time and we took the lead in the 103 min, only to be pegged back 7 mins later as the game went to penalties. You can tell its a game, as we managed to win the shootout 6-5 and seal the EUROS.

Results

What Next?

I am going to stay with England for another 2 years and have a crack at the World Cup. We have an ageing squad but with some really good talent coming through I am hopeful that our team will be even better come summer of 2042.

On the club front I am still in charge of Leverkusen but Brendan Rodgers stepped down from the Juventus job who finished 10 points clear in Serie A last season. I have attended an interview and will happily accept if offered the role.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
2039/40	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	L16	n/a	League and Cup Double.

International Career

2038	England		3rd	n/a	n/a	RU	Lost In World Cup Final To Spain.
2039	England		4th	GS	n/a	n/a	Qualified for EURO 2040.
2040	England		4th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won EURO 2040.

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 Top Domestic Leagues
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Bundesliga 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.

7/10 Domestic Cups
DFB Pokal 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.

International
2031 Gold Cup - Mexico.
2035 AFC Asian Cup - South Korea.
2040 EURO'S - England.

0/1 World Tournament

22/32

Edited by BigJack

So I'm in a bit of a predicament y'all. I am in between club jobs and still need to get the Copa Libertadores and the UEFA Champions League. I'm currently sitting on an offer from Inter and an offer from Santos. My thought process is that it's tougher to find an opening for a team that can truly contend for the Copa Libertadores since it's basically down to two teams from Argentina and three or four teams in Brazil but Inter is one of the true juggernauts of European football even if they're behind a Pep Guardiola-led Juventus in my save. I might have to sleep on this!

image.png.1e264f5778ce82881df0010fbe1c8edd.png

image.png.1f2843a056c8050396e5afe1c722658f.png

@remix951You didn't ask for advice, but some things to consider.

Are Santos one of the contenders for the CL? Bear in mind, you have to win cups as well. Are Inter still in a domestic cup?

Also, are they both definitely in the continental competitions? I mean, the European CL is a lot closer (May instead of end of November), and the Inter job's a lot more prestigious, but you should take the job that offers a far greater chance of succeeding in your first season. The expectations of the Inter board are a lot lower, which might suggest they're not that great a team. On the other hand, do you want to spend the next few months playing a pointless Brazilian competition, and then have to play the entire Libertadores?

Edited by vikeologist

@vikeologistAll great questions. Santos is in the off-season right now and didn't qualify for Copa Libertadores. Inter is halfway through the season, is sitting 9th, and has already been bounced from the Champions League but is present in the domestic cup. The season is fully salvageable though and their team is still pretty good. With such a massive transfer budget, it would also be much easier to adapt the roster than with Santos. I might take my talents to Milan. 

EDIT: Santo did qualify, the schedules just have not been drawn yet. On top of that, they lost in the Finals of the Copa to Fluminense the previous year showing they're quite competitive. Now I'm leaning towards taking the Santos job, lol. 

Edited by remix951

Part 4: Jeonbuk

As I wrote in my last post, I had two job offers following my double at FCSB. I decided to go for Jeonbuk as every time I've done this challenge they always seem to dominate Asian football. When I took over we were languishing 6th in the league table. The squad was fairly strong and had seasoned veterans, Ki Sung-Yeung and Kim Bo-Kyung. We had got through the Group Stage of the Champions League before my arrival and were still in the cup. I was hoping to be able to tick 2 trophies off.

509947165_JeonbukLeague.thumb.png.6fb9defb87e46e2dfed53b27b15768fb.png

As you can see, our form was patchy. Up until the Champions League Quarter Final, where everything seemed to just click! We went on to win the Champions League and even qualified for the Champions League on the last day of the season, just nicking 4th place!

ACL.thumb.png.29c0117bcb359567dd7ded4d92e61f7c.pngleague.thumb.png.cb20fe10ed930adfd3a317500eb8c6ab.png

What next?

I'm looking to leave ASAP, Ulsan are very good, and although we ended the season well, I'm not sure whether sticking around is best for the challenge. I'm a month away from AFCON now too, so let's see how that goes!

Challenge Progress

CP.thumb.png.8034092f7fc9d769868ababd18f373bf.pngProgress.png.78384ab09f68304d764b367eca7e1eff.png

PART 5: AFCON

Another competition that I had never won before. In previous years I've always struggled. We got through the group with relative ease, scoring 10, conceding 1. Despite topping the group, we ended up drawing Cameroon, the current holders. We played them in WC Qualifying and we drew. It happened again! We took the lead before being pegged back, and the game went to pens. Allan Nyom's penalty was saved, sending us through 5-4 on pens. We suffered injuries to both D. Fofana and main man Wilfried Zaha, meaning they wouldn't play again at the tournament.  We were rewarded here with a fixture against The Gambia, we dispatched them with relative ease, setting up a semi final against Algeria. 

Algeria opened the scoring in the 20th minute, then doubled their lead 19 mins later. I genuinely thought this was it and we were finished. Then in the 42nd minute we won a pen, quickly followed by an equaliser 2 minutes later. We went into half time 2-2. We dominated the game but just couldn't score, then in ET Algeria took the lead again. I had to go all out, and we equalised almost instantly! To penalties again, our keeper had a shocker all game so I wasn't confident. But he stepped up and saved two Algerian penalties! This sent us to the final where we met Egypt, I was confident. We'd played them twice in qualifying and won both times. We ran out 4-1 winners, ticking off another trophy!

AFCON.thumb.png.505a766e252ffbb2b748d800f0406701.png1086812733_AFCONrun.thumb.png.efaadc800793a60f1e9321f43b86c14f.png

I started this cycle of FM determined to finally complete this challenge and I was doing well but a couple of months back I just needed a break from it, however I've really struggled to get into any other save so I recently returned to this and hopefully I've got it in me to finish. This season report will be written mainly from memory of 2 months ago so the details are likely to be sparse :D 

liverpool-fc.jpg.2073e34ffaea70726ddbbd8ab7cdf9d8.jpg

Season 2032/33 Review Liverpool

So we started this season with the need, in my eyes anyway, to overhaul the squad and mainly to bring down the average age of the squad (we had a lot of players over the age of 32 all on around 200k a week) so I went about finding younger players well suited to my tactics and as the transfer history shows we spent quite a bit of money but we still ended up in profit as we shipped out a lot of old players, weirdly Inter seemed to want all our old players and I was happy to sell.

As a result we started slowly in the league as the new players took some time to settle in, we weren't losing games but we found it hard to kill sides off and as a result we drew quite a bit, especially away from home. Eventually though we started to get better and hit top spot and were in a great little battle with both Manchester clubs, due to runs in cups we had quite the backlog in fixtures at the end of the season and were playing 3 games a week for the final 2 or 3 weeks of the season which really pushed our squad as injuries started to hit. Going into the final week of the season we were a point behind Man Utd (who we faced on the final day) but with a game in hand. In the early kick off that Saturday they lost to Arsenal meaning all we had to do was beat Everton at home and Sheff Utd away to be champions before the United game. Against Everton we gave away a silly pen but scored right from kick off, we then had our left back sent off right after HT, with 15 to go the sub left back also got sent off and then a few mins later their right back saw red (I thought this was meant to be the friendly rivalry?) with a couple mins to go we found a winner that looked offside but I didn't care! Sheff Utd in the midweek were beaten 4-0 and we were champs. We also beat United on the final day with a rotated side to ensure we won all 19 games at home this season.

We had some great cup runs this season, in the League Cup we had a rough run of Chelsea, United and Spurs before City in the final but they were too strong on the day for us. In The FA Cup we had a easier run where we made the final again to play Arsenal, we showed our class and won comfortably in the end. We were also in the Europa League and while I used it to mainly play back ups to keep them fit and ready we also made the final but it was one of those games where we just couldn't score, we had 2 goals ruled out for offside and their goal came from a penalty but it wasn't to be. Still a good season though.

I also got the England job at the start of the season (I must have deleted the news item of this) and there's not a great deal to report, we're 1st in the world and have won both world cup qualifiers so far. We were in the Nations League though where we faced Germany and beat them 2-1m before beating Turkey in the final by the same score. World Cup is at the end of the nest season and that has to be our target.

Key Players

Filippo Fiorito - I love this lad, just scores for fun really, if I take over a real massive club any time soon I'll try and bring him with me
Antonis Atsaves - my Greek god in defence, another I really love as he's just class
Mateo Djermoune - my French wonderkid, I signed him from Porto to play the IF role cutting in on his left and after a slow start he really stepped up in the run in, scored both goals against Everton when we were down to 9 men

Career Overview

Season	     Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
2021/22      Black Leopards		Championship		5th 		Took over after 11 games down in 15th place
2022/23	     Black Leopards		Championship		1st 		Promotion. Got 1st coaching badge and started on the 2nd 
2023/24	     Mamelodi Sundowns		Premiership		1st 		Won all domestic cups, African Champions League, got 2nd and 3rd coaching badges
2025	     Shanghai Shenhua		Jia League		1st 		Won promotion as league winners, won the Chinese FA Cup, Got continental B licence 
2026	     Shanghai Shenhua		Super League		1st 		Won League and Asian Champions League
2027	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Lost in MLS Cup Semi Final, Lost in Cup final
2028	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Won MLS Cup, Won US Open Cup
2029	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			2nd 		Won North American Champions League, finished coaching badges, left club after 19 games
2029/30      Red Bull Salzburg		Bundesliga		1st 		Won the cup
2030	     Santos			Serie A			2nd		Took over on 15/7/30, won Copa Lib, won Cup
2031	     Santos			Serie A			1st 
2031/32      Liverpool			Premier League		5th 		Took over with 7 games left
2032/33      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		FA Cup winners, League Runners Up, Europa League Runners Up
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2025		Egypt			ACON winners 2025
2027		South Korea
2028		South Korea		Qualified to final group stage in World Cup Qualifying 
2029		South Korea		Qualified for World Cup, got to 14th in the world
2030		South Korea		Knocked out of World Cup in 2nd round, 15th in the world
2031		South Korea		Won Asian Cup. 12th in the world
2033		England			Won Nations League, 1st in the world

What's Next?

I'll likely stay here for a season to give the Champions league a shot but am already looking to move on. Inter have a job opening but with them having bought all the old players I no longer wanted here I don't really want that job. I'll see who takes that though and see where we stand. Liverpool are also in the Club World Cup so it gives me a third (I think) chance at trying to win that as well :D 

Challenge Progress

6/10 top domestic – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns) China 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030(Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2031 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool)
6/10 top domestic cups – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns), China 2025 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2030 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool)
4/5 club continental – Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundows) Asia 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), North America 2029 (New York Red Bulls) South America 2030 (Santos)
0/1 club world championship

2/5 continental competitions – Africa 2025 (Egypt) Asia 2031 (South Korea)
0/1 world tournaments

Sorry @vikeologistas I think you've only just culled the leader board and here I come along to return :D 

Previous:

On 16/04/2022 at 17:23, Anners said:

Previous:

2023/24 Season Report
Club: Hajduk Split (Croatia)

HNK Hajduk Split.svgimage.jpeg.af0e26f715eecb47334b22939b4c6fcb.jpeg

Appointment

Managed to grab hold of the Japan job just after the Asian Cup finished. Not exactly the best time to get an Asian job, but tides me over. Not much of an update so I'll keep it short - currently progressing through the 2nd Round of World Cup qualifying, winning 6 of 6 with a group that involves Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia. Will be a proper update at the end of next season.

League - Cup - Europe

2023 24 hajduk league win

League - Telekom Prva Liga:

A league win gets us off the mark! A disappointing European campaign actually helped massively as we were so much fresher before the winter break. The gap ended up being 13 points which did flatter us a little bit as Dinamo Zagreb seemed to just collapse at the end of the season. 

We made it to the final again, but came up short to Dinamo on penalties after being 2-0 up with 8 minutes left with 10 men since the 7th minute. Bit of a normal Hajduk/Dinamo game I think there!

I'm hoping to be able to hop somewhere over Summer and try get another league title under my belt. I've got nothing left in Croatia to complete, so needs to be a move sooner rather than later.

History:

2024/25 Season Report

Club: FC Basel (Switzerland) (Moved mid-season from Hajduk Split)

FC Basel crest of a shield, the left half red and the right half blue. The shield is outlined with gold and in the centre in gold letters it reads "FCB". On the left side of the logo is a gold football.image.jpeg.af0e26f715eecb47334b22939b4c6fcb.jpeg

Appointment

Took me a bit longer than expected to get out of Croatia, but headed just a little bit west to Switzerland and FC Basel. We had the opportunity between FC Basel (who when I joined during the mid-season break were 5 points clear at the top of table and Hearts in Scotland who were mid-table. I couldn't turn down what seemed a fairly straightforward shot at a trophy.

League - Cup (N/A - Joined too late) - Europe (N/A - Joined too late)

image.png.83161c6025fd2c9ab71fd243bf819a8c.png

League - Raiffeisen Super League

Thankfully this was as straightforward as it seemed when I took the job. Young Boys have completely fallen off compared to previous years and it was a bit of a ****show from 2nd down to 7th!

Cup - Schweizer Cup

Basel were knocked out in the first round before I arrived so nothing here.

Europe - UEFA Champions League

Basel were knocked out in the Group Stage, so nothing here either.

Asia World Cup Qualifying
Second Round - Final Round
Fairly simple and straightforward for us here. Went 8/8 in the second round and with 4 auto spots in the group in the final round, it would have taken a major collapse for us not to be qualified. Still 3 games left, but you can see we're qualified here. I've been playing around with tactics a bit.

History:

image.thumb.png.41f547987b421d8c1997e14105e453db.png

See related image detail

2043 Gold Cup - Mexico

My second attempt at the Gold Cup with Mexico after losing to the US in the final last time, hoping to go one better this time.

Group Stage containing 2 countries I havent heard of Suriname and Guadeloupe, plus Panama. 26 goals to zero in those games saw us against El Savador in the quarters.

Quarters

Spoiler

5 - 0 light work win. The USA next

Spoiler

a game where we simply couldnt find the net. Jimenex the American goalkeeper was just about the man of the match making 14 saves, but the other shot on target was a goal and enough to see the Americans off and get us into the final against Canada

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

4 - 0 straight forward victory.  Another tick towards the challenge and now only 3 more continental tournies left

Crest.png.376bc8e8edabb2eaee3118401c8ba7c3.png

Kaizer Chiefs: 2027/28 Review

Having finally clinched the league title last time around this season become a campaign in which we would put all of our focus into trying to lift that elusive Champions League crown. Despite signing a new three year contract in the pre-season I had already committed myself to moving on at the end of the coming campaign. 

Summer activities were pretty minimal really as I felt our squad was already strong enough to compete on all fronts. Unfortunately we lost Bongokuhle Hlongwane to the UAE after his refusal to sign a new deal here and an offer of £425,000 matching his release clause for foreign clubs. His replacement was to be Jason Arends who arrived in a £90,000 deal from Sekukhune United. 

The season began brilliantly and as was expected became a battle between ourselves and Sundowns for literally every honour. We had the early rounds of this fight, beating them in an early league encounter before defeating them in both the Super-8 Cup and Knockout Cup finals. At the winter break we had the upper hand sitting top of the league and with those two cup honours.

2079097165_FinalTable.png.d708c45af569221d0b17f29268ef22e3.png

Unfortunately the mantle was passed to Sundowns for the second half of the season. Defeat to them on the final day of the league season saw them leapfrog us and win the title, and came a mere ten days after we had suffered a SA Cup final defeat to them on penalties.

Unfortunately it would be them who would also end my dream of winning the Champions League with this football club too. We met them for a third straight year in the semi finals, and got a third straight year we would be eliminated. A late double saw us beaten 0-2 away from home in the first leg and despite a pretty good second leg performance we could only draw 0-0. That’s three straight semi final defeats and across the six matches we managed to lose five of them and fail to score a single goal. Especially frustrating as this season we were an equal match for them in very aspect.

And so for now I am to wave goodbye to South Africa. Failing to win the Champions League has been heart breaking but at least it means at some point I will need to return. I have my eyes out on available jobs in a couple of countries and there are definitely a couple I’m interested in. I had a pretty successful time with both Jomo Cosmos and Kaizer Chiefs but it’s time to move on and attempt to gather some sort of success elsewhere.

2026/27 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2027/28 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		2nd			SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners

0/1 World Tournament

2028 Career Update

Having falling at the semi final stage of the African Champions League for a third successive season I felt it was time to move on and hit the next leg of my journey. Three straight semi final defeats to fellow South African side Sundowns had dampened my spirits and I decided to head away from South Africa with a view to returning at a later date to clinch the continental trophy I missed out on. It didn’t take long at all for me to find myself a new position in a brand new country.

Takeover.png.4aef0f6d02d058073999f34e7b621ed9.png

I was unsure whether to head to the USA or Asia at this stage but having been overlooked by a Chinese side I opted to hedge my bets with America. In the end I had the choice of two, eventually deciding to go to New York rather than LAFC. Both sides were in a similar situation and so really it came down to a choice of preference.

I chose New York as my previous effort at this challenge had already seen me travel to LAFC and I fancied something different. 

1997789691_TakeoverTable.png.42f40c0fc7198be8feb28e948c833b81.png

It’s been an alright season at best for the club but there is plenty of time to make it into a much better campaign. Making the play off places is an absolute minimum but that should be pretty easy to achieve really. In fact I plan to put the bulk of my efforts into the domestic cup competition. 

My hard work won’t really begin until the end of the season as I look to put together a competitive campaign next time around. For now I’m going to focus on seeing who I will want to keep as a part of our squad and try to get my head back around the rules and regulations of football in America.

2027/28 Kaizer Chiefs			SA Premier League		2nd			SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2028	  New York City			MLS				tbc

0/1 World Tournament 

SHANGHAI PORT

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2032

Key Players: Davide Magni ~ Lu Jiarui ~ Alejandro ~ Ali Abdel Rahman ~ Daniel Dionisi

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

Shanghai-Port-FC_-Competitions92b5e67587951d24.png

Results: Super League I ~ Super League II | FA Cup

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

(Click to View)

AFC-Champions-League_-Stages-29f3a58f5629163ce.png

Group Stage ~ Champions League Results

Another comfortable domestic season, for a short period I thought I was going for my second invincible season in this save, but it weren't to be.  Since leaving Brazil I've found this save a little easy so hopefully there will be bigger challenges ahead when I move on to Europe and on the International scene (which I'm struggling to get a job for). In China if you get the right team with the right finances you can build any sort of team you like. In the Champions League we managed to win with ease and in all the knockout rounds we went through without even conceding, I was quite surprised that all of the knockout rounds were one leg, it worried me slightly but thankfully there were no shocks for us this year.

Moving forward I've already to agreed to join Chelsea, I wanted to move on regardless of if we had won everything or not but thankfully we managed to win what I needed.

Crowy_-Inboxd7e3d2a48ae72ace.png

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1761518629_CareerProgress.thumb.png.fc22eb302836dc7b4fd4e3bc149e6687.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

343056221_CareerStats.png.47eedacb02bdfdc990d423db60cb1c9d.png

63064abbc7c9e5ad3bd.png

CHELSEA

2032/33

Club Overview ~ League Table ~ Squad Overview ~ Finances

So when I saw the Chelsea job became available, I decided to have a little look to see if it was a job I was interested in doing. I don't normally agree to jobs before I complete what I need, but looking at Chelsea's squad there are a lot of players 29+ and it's a project I thought I'd enjoy. If things had gone pear shaped in China I would have had to go back but it worked out well all things considered. Chelsea are also the current Premier League holders and sit in 11th after 13 or so games in the season, I think they also have the best striker in the game in Thomas Fleury  going by his value which was around £300M it has seemed to of dropped now I've taken over but he is someone I want to build this team around. I'm also going to be trying to create a new formation as so far I've rotated between the 4-2-3-1 and 5-2-3 Wide. Thankfully when one didn't work for my team the other was excellent, not sure what I'll try next...

Edited by Crowy

On 07/04/2022 at 09:43, SkyjumperTalon said:

Part 2: Bhayangkara Solo FC

Club
Season		Team				Position			Notes and Achievements
2021/22		Aizawl FC			1st				Champion of Airtel I-League, Indian Confederation Cup. Runner-up in Durand Cup
2022/23		Aizawl FC			3rd at resignation		Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Joined Bhayangkara partway through the season. Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023/24		Bhayangkara			4th				Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup. Sacked after declaring international job interest

International
Season 		Team				Competition							Notes
2022/23		Indonesia U-23		U-23 Asian Cup Qualification		Guided the team to an unlikely qualification after beating Thailand 2-0 in an upset. Every goal mattered, qualifying as a 2nd place finisher on goal difference

A horrible season. Lost in the cup final, lost in the final day of the league.

Japan was hiring and I thought about declaring interest in the job. Stupid decision, I guess. Sacked immediately.

Challenge Progress
Club: Bhayangkara FC

1/10 top domestic leagues (India)

1/10 domestic cups (India)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Part 3: Persib Bandung

A pretty successful season! Go-Jek Liga 1 champions, adding for my 2nd national title. Fell short in the cup, and next season will be all about trying to get a good result in the Champions League

I took over Bermuda for a small bit, but that actually hurt my reputation (joining such a small country), and after being unable to guide them past St. Lucia in WCQ, I resigned after a few months.

image.png.c8adec38ab17200d1953edf6a18e903e.png

Challenge Progress
Club: Persib Bandung

2/10 top domestic leagues (India, Indonesia)

1/10 domestic cups (India)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Club
Season		Team				Position			Notes and Achievements
2021/22		Aizawl FC			1st				Champion of Airtel I-League, Indian Confederation Cup. Runner-up in Durand Cup
2022/23		Aizawl FC			3rd at resignation		Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Joined Bhayangkara partway through the season. Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023/24		Bhayangkara			4th				Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup. Sacked after declaring international job interest
2024		Persib Bandung			1st				Champion of Go-Jek Liga 1. QF in Piala Indonesia.

International
Season 		Team				Competition				Notes
2022/23		Indonesia U-23			U-23 Asian Cup Qualification		Guided the team to an unlikely qualification after beating Thailand 2-0 in an upset. Every goal mattered, qualifying as a 2nd place finisher on goal difference
2024		Bermuda				CONCACAF WCQ				Resigned after 2026 WCQ failure
Edited by SkyjumperTalon

Quick update after resigning from Monaco, was hoping to land any jobs in Australia or Greece for my next step and was okay with a middle of the run team for a longer term play at winning a domestic cup or league.  Unfortunately there wasnt any that appeared so ended up going back to Cruz Azul for a second stint as I never won the Mexican Cup there.  The first opening stage had just finished so it was finals time, Cruz Azul finished in 9th so they just made the knockout stage. The team had some decent players in the squad, however lacked any sort of central midfield players that were up to league standard.  Funnily enough from 9th spot we ended up winning the opening stage (my second time with this team).   

In the Cup, we were languishing in 3rd spot in the group with 2 games to go and just about no chance of automatically making it through the group as winners.  Out of 9 groups, 7 of the best second places go through and we only had 4 points.  We won the next two games to reach 10 points in total which was just enough to see us through.  However we lost to Monterrey in the Quarters and so my mission had failed.

At this point, the Adelaide FC job opening came up and I was immediately sacked for applying for the role lol  Adelaide are the current title holders but were sitting in 9th position, 6 points away from playoff position 6th with 6 games to go. 5 wins and a last game draw saw us finish in 5th position meaning we had a one off knockout away game against Western Sydney Wanderers. It was a tight affair with no goals scored after extra time, we won on penalties 5 - 4. Next was a two legged tie against Perth Glory which we won the home leg 1 - 0 in a game we dominated but couldnt score more.  In the away leg, we scored two half time goals which pretty much wrapped the tie and saw us into the Grand Final against Melbourne Victory in Melbourne.  Unfortunately, we played our worst game under my short management career here to lose 4 - 1, we simply were no match for the league leaders.

Will look to build on the current team and challenge next year on both the cup and league fronts.

The Copa America is on over the preseason and Mexico are invited so lots to look forward to. 

2027 - 2029

I've lumped a few years together here as it's hard to tell one part of the story without the other. 

After having the season of my life at Guangzhou Evergrande, featuring an Invincibles domestic campaign with a Super League title, Champions League title, eight Manager of the Month awards, and the Manager of the Year award, I was enshrined in the Asian Hall of Fame and took my leave. I spent a few months unemployed, enjoying my time and carefully planning my next move. I finally landed on taking a job from Club Brugge who saw their own manager leave for Ajax after a championship season. I figured this would be a great way to mark another double on my sheet and create some legitimacy for myself amongst European teams. I promised them that I would not apply for other club jobs for a year and I had no problem abiding by that. 

Literally five days in, I saw the South Korea National Team had a job opening. They have been the Asian powerhouse during my save and I still need to win the Asian Cup. I applied for the opening and immediately had a big red email hit my inbox. The board was furious that I would apply for another job. I was already managing the Ivory Coast and figured that switching international teams wouldn't be an issue. I tried to be apologetic but it was no use, Brugge fired me only five days after they hired me. Because of this snafu, my application for South Korea was withdrawn and it was filled with someone else. A truly devastating turn of events. 

I was sour on my options available for domestic clubs and took on with the Chile national team. They were squarely in last place for the World Cup Qualifiers but the Copa America was coming up and I figured I could take a shot at shithousing my way through it. I wasn't able to win but I got to the Semi-Finals and lost out on penalties. That performance allowed me to apply and get the Brazil National Team job who are sitting at a cushy 2nd place in the FIFA rankings. 

After a few months as the Brazil manager, and clinching World Cup qualification, I was given two offers for a club job: one from Santos, a team who finished 3rd in Brazil and lost in the Copa Libertadores final the year before, and Inter Milan, a team sitting second behind Juve and Roma and who had a $250M budget that the board "expected me to spend all of" the following season. While it was a very tough decision, I figured there are more clubs who are able to win the UEFA Champions League than there are clubs who could win the Copa Libertadores, and Santos appeared to be one of them. 

The season started off with flying colors. We won the Sao Paolo state contest only losing once and with an incredible goal differential of +43 over 16 matches. Similarly, the Copa Libertadores was going better than could have been asked for. In a group with River Plate, Nacional, and Olimpia, we only lost one match and won the group. The second round had us playing Boca Juniors, ironically, and we were able to dispatch them 3-1 in aggregate. Playing all these matches between Serie A, Copa Libertadores, and the Brazilian domestic cup was definitely having an effect on my players and I had to prioritize the cups over the league which cost us some places. Overall, we were barreling towards a potential one year stint for me at Santos with a triple crown of the domestic league, domestic cup, and continental cup. 

In August, however, the first wheel fell off that wagon. After going 14-6-7 across all competitions, we lost in the fourth round of the Copa do Brasil 1-0 to Gremlo. A shocking result no doubt but it did feel like an anomaly. After that shock exit, we went 1-5-5 over all competitions including a 4-2 flame out against Fluminense in the Copa Libertadores quarterfinals. By the end of this skid, it was Match Week 31 out of 38, we were sitting in 6th place (outside of Copa Libertadores qualifying), and six points behind fifth. Needless to say, I was in disarray tactically. We were averaging 1.87 xG against, a full 0.5 goals higher than league average. Despite the board's requirement that I play attacking football, I went into Antonio Conte mode and started running five in the back to tamp down on the leaky defense. This switch ended up being enough to get me back into fourth place at season's end, qualifying for the next year's Copa and enough to save my job. 

I'm still questioning where it all went wrong, but it did indeed all seem to go wrong. Looking at the xG tables in the data hub, I should have finished in 2nd place this year. On top of that, the xG numbers suggested I should have scored sixteen more goals than I did. 

image.png.c6a8df983a30f602231c9d647bec1d47.png

While this year was quite the shocker, I still have high hopes for 2030. I have another shot at the Copa Libertadores, a renewed shot at the domestic league and cup, and am going into the 2030 World Cup as the #1 ranked team in the FIFA rankings with Brazil. It'll be another difficult journey against very tough competition but 2030 could prove to be pivotal for my challenge progress. Wish me luck.

image.jpeg.4d13a719ff468d73d1e4565583ea8a54.jpeg

2044 Copa America - Mexico

After winning the NA Nations League 6 days ago, we head into the Copa America with some confidence albeit being significantly struck by injury to key players.  Our group contained Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela, Bolivia and Chile.  We shouldnt have any issues getting out of the group stage given 4 places go through, however we definitely want to avoid playing either Brazil or Colombia in the knockout stage so wanting to at least finish second, if not top the group.

First up was Venezuela, where their only shot on target for the game in the 8th minute resulted in a goal. We fought hard to come back and win 2 - 1 despite having 35 shots at goal. Next up was Uruguay, it was our turn to score first in the 8th minute before copping a devastating blow, one of the best midfielders in the world would get injured and will miss the rest of the tournament. We then copped a red card and Uruguay managed to equalise in the 89th minute so we settled for a draw. We then faced Argentina in what became a really important game. In another devastating blow, one of the best attackers in the world Mendoza got injured in the 12th minute and will miss the next three weeks, pretty much the whole tournament. We conceded first and went into half time 1 - 0 down, 2 second half goals gave us a vital win and put us top of our group. We then beat Bolivia and Chile comfortably to keep us first which meant we played Peru in the quarter finals.  Out of a 20 man squad (outfield players), we were left 16 due to injury with suspensions also playing a role.  The quarter final pairing of Argentina vs Brazil was no more than we could ask for!

Quarter Final

Spoiler

a goal in either half gave us a 2 - 0 lead, Peru to their credit caught us napping and scored in the 80th minute for a nervy finish but we managed to seal it late with a 93rd min goal.  Up next a rematch with the USA which we beat in the Nations League semi final 2 - 0 last month

Spoiler

an emphatic display and one of the best under my time managing Mexico, after 26 mins we were 3 - 0 up. We scored another in the second half for a 4 - 0 win and locking in our spot in the final up against Argentina again who beat Brazil 1 - 0 in the quarters and Colombia in the semis after extra time.  Amazingly for some reason, our conditions (and Argentinas) werent really being impacted after our games, must be a glitch

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

If the USA game was one of our best halves of football, i just witnessed on our worst halves of football in the final.  We only managed 1 shot off target and were not throwing any punches at all.  Luckily tho, our defence was holding up and we went into half time locked at 0 - 0. A similar style game continued in the second half before i had to make some changes to try change the game a bit.  Still after 60 mins, we still had one off target shot to our name.  Changed the formation to have 2 strikers up front and after a little while to adjust, it seemed to work.  We were now getting deep into their half a little more and we managed to break the deadlock in the 75th minute thanks to one of our substitutes. Argentina deservedly got an equaliser 8 minutes later and despite pressing hard for a winner, we finished the 90 minutes locked at 1 - 1. We managed to get on top in extra time and control more possession but no go ahead goal in the first half of extra time.  I brought on Mendoza who was still somewhat injured and despite being advised by my medicos that he wasnt ready to play, he scored the winner in the 116th minute and for the first time ever, Mexico was crowned Copa America champions!

Crest.png.4d93b472d4447ca085d7fce90b466457.png

New York City FC: 2028 Review

Having endured a frustrating final campaign in South Africa I came to the United States hoping to put together something that could take my mind off of the disappointment I had left behind. I joined midway through the season with the only target being to make the play off spots and finish in the top eight of the Supporters Shield (the overall record league table) so that I would get a crack at the North American Champions League. We managed to do both during a rather inconsistent run of form since I took the helm.

920699930_EndTable.png.909f6aa122cae68f388748fdecb67a76.png

My reign started pretty average to be honest although we did end the league season in pretty good shape. The team looked like they were starting to click and understand my systems as we put some stronger form together. At one stage it looked like we may have a chance of winning the Eastern Conference but two defeats to bitter rivals New York Red Bulls put an end to that and in the end we slotted into a finishing position of 5th. Scoring goals proved our biggest issue as we created plenty of chances which cost us a fair number of points. If we’d had a truly clinical striker I reckon we could’ve won the Conference with games to spare but alas it wasn’t meant to be.

Having made the play offs we yet again found ourselves on the end of a defeat by rivals New York Red Bulls. We controlled our first round match but we’re undone on the counter to lose 0-1 and miss out on advancing. Frustratingly our rivals would go on to lift the MLS Cup.

Outside of the league we suffered early eliminations from both the US Open Cup and the Leagues Cup as my small squad struggled to deal with rotation. Hopefully we can fare better next season.

I’m not too disappointed with how things went really although there is plenty of room for improvement. Finishing high enough to qualify for a Champions League spot is huge and I can’t wait to have a crack at it. The league rules mean it’s going to be an extremely busy winter but I’m confident in my abilities to put a squad together capable of progression. I’d like to make a better crack at the play offs next season and a domestic cup run would also be nice. It’s not going to be an easy pre season but I’m sure I can put together a good enough squad to at least improve on what we managed since I arrived.

2028    New York City			MLS Eastern Conference	5th			
2029	  New York City			MLS Eastern Conference	tbc

0/1 World Tournament 

liverpool-fc.jpg.2073e34ffaea70726ddbbd8ab7cdf9d8.jpg

Season 2033/34 Review

Our season started, ended I guess as well, with the Club World Cup. This was my 3rd try at it and I really wanted to knock it off as I hate it due to players never being fit as it's before pre-season and the game doesn't seem to recognise they are important games playing, anyway rant over. We cruised through our group of Chivas and SuperSport setting up a 1/4 final against PSG. Nervy 1-0 win saw us through and we repeated the scoreline in the semi vs Man City. In the final we played Chelsea and both teams were knackard and it ended 0-0 after 90  minutes. A goal 9 mins into extra time was enough for our 3rd straight 1-0 win to crown us Champions Of The World! 

In the League we showed our confidence of being champions as we sat comfortably top but something was missing, mainly depth to the team, last season our backups were fie for Europa League saving key players for the league but with the Champions League it was harder to rotate and the players coming in were just not at the level. For some reason the finances here have been really bad and it's been hard to add depth in the transfer market with quality so I was signing potential, issue with that is obviously young players can be hot and cold and that, along with having to paly our best players pretty much every game was going to catch up with us and it did in the Champions League were we suddenly had no idea how to play away from from losing 2 and drawing 1 of our away games and even in the final group game we lost at home to Koln which meant we ended 3rd. We made the semi finals of the League Cup and were in the FA Cup

The eagled eyed among you will have noticed the season hasn't actually finished. I was planning on this being my last season at Liverpool with the World Cup (which as England manager I have qualified for) at the end of the season should open up some big jobs but I still spent this season keeping an eye open for any good ones. Early on the Chelsea job was open which had me hoping they would appoint someone to open a job but they went for the unemployed Roberto Martinez and then the United job came up and they were linked with the Milan and Atletico managers but then went with an interim manager till the end of the season (sounds familiar) but then in the new year a job appeared that I had to go for at Dortmund. So I did a reverse Klopp and took the Job. They sit 5th in the league but overhauling Bayern could take some time as they are a tiny bit dominate :D 

Career Update

2021/22      Black Leopards		Championship		5th 		Took over after 11 games down in 15th place
2022/23	     Black Leopards		Championship		1st 		Promotion. Got 1st coaching badge and started on the 2nd 
2023/24	     Mamelodi Sundowns		Premiership		1st 		Won all domestic cups, African Champions League, got 2nd and 3rd coaching badges
2025	     Shanghai Shenhua		Jia League		1st 		Won promotion as league winners, won the Chinese FA Cup, Got continental B licence 
2026	     Shanghai Shenhua		Super League		1st 		Won League and Asian Champions League
2027	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Lost in MLS Cup Semi Final, Lost in Cup final
2029	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			2nd 		Won North American Champions League, finished coaching badges, left club after 19 games
2032/33      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		FA Cup winners, League Runners Up, Europa League Runners Up
2033/34      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		Club World Cup winners, Left on Feb 6th
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2027		South Korea
2033		England			Qualified for the World Cup

Challenge Progress

6/10 top domestic – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns) China 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030(Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2031 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool)
6/10 top domestic cups – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns), China 2025 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2030 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool)
4/5 club continental – Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundows) Asia 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), North America 2029 (New York Red Bulls) South America 2030 (Santos)
1/1 club world championship – Liverpool 2033

0/1 world tournaments

Crest.png.70293caa2e711bb4aa54e18a64c5443f.png

New York City FC: 2029 Review

Having achieved all my targets for the remainder of last season I changed focus to the 2029 season and showing progress during my first full campaign in charge. We strengthened the squad really well in pre-season including picking up promising central midfielder Ryan Reid in the annual SuperDraft. The most exciting signing was probably that of 20-year old Serbian striker Nemanja Sajcic who was picked up after his release from Red Star Belgrade in his home country. Our best signing would be winger Abraham Aguilar though, having joined from Colorado Rapids in a trade deal.

1920447690_FinalTable.png.1cfd6140479509cd67f008d0e789f95b.png

We started the season off slowly for us before we found some good form as the season wore on. Inconsistencies cost us fighting it out higher up but to be honest we should be very happy with a 3rd placed finish. It ensured qualification for next seasons Champions League and also gave us another crack at the play offs.

We did well to see off FC Cincinnati in the First round of the play offs before losing an epic to DC United in the Conference semi final. We conceded with virtually the last kick of both normal time and extra time to draw 4-4 before losing out harshly in a penalty shoot out.

Outside of the league we enjoyed a positive run this time around in the US Cup. Atlanta United and Portland Timbers were dispatched as we marched to the semi final where we would meet DC United. Having got the better of us twice in the league they would make it a hat trick as a late goal saw us lose out 0-1 and suffer an exit from the competition. Frustrating but also nice to put together a decent run having exited early last time around.

We also entered the Champions League midway through the season and have done well thus far. We easily qualified from our group as winners and unbeaten and enter the serious part of the competition next season. This included a good win against DC United, a side who domestically have always seemed to have had our number.

All in all we enjoyed a pretty good first full season in charge here with definite signs of progress. I’ve seen plenty to believe that with a really hard fought pre season in the transfer market that we can go on to be successful. There are some really good players here and I’m confident that with a few additions we can find ourselves fighting for honours next season. I’m confident and excited ahead of a new campaign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		10th
2022/23	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		1st (C)
2023/24	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		3rd
2024/25	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2025/26	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		1st (C)	Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2028	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		5th
2029	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		3rd

0/1 World Tournament

Edited by goonergez

2030 was a very eventful year. As the manager of Brazil and Santos, I had the chance to win the Serie A, Copa do Brasil, Copa Libertadores, and the World Cup. In short, we went 50% on the year for our goals. In the World Cup, we lost a heartbreaker to France in the knockout after going to penalties. This resulted in the Brazilian FA deciding to fire me for not reaching their goal (the semi-finals). Interestingly enough, the Argentinian FA was hot on their heels to swoop me up. This sees me in prime position to get the team sorted to compete for the Copa America in 2032. 

With Santos, the league race was tight until about the World Cup break, after which we turned on the gas and were able to win the competition with four games to go. We were bounced from the Copa do Brazil in the quarterfinals as well but were able to press on and defeat Fluminense in the Copa Libertadores final with a stoppage time goal. Having secured another domestic league trophy alongside the continental trophy, it's tough to justify sticking around to pick up the Copa do Brazil. I might cut my losses and try to make up the shortage in leagues with multiple eligible cups (ex: English FA Cup and the Carabao Cup). With Brazil being a calendar year league, there will be plenty of teams ready to fire their manager here soon. 

image.png.eac86d8d7f2cc90e41860b72b3e56e4a.png

image.png.18ac47b9c2af009e2a9065837ec1b091.png

image.png.4cd11878c4d2a6b0e91862f105d8372a.png

image.png.3db48c1e1b301700f4c23fa0ccd308dd.png

image.png

Domestic                        
Fired after five months
Manager of the Year
Chinese FA
Manager of the Month x3
Manager of the Year
2027 Guangzhou Evergrande China 1 1 34 32 2 0 98 Chinese Super League
Asian Champions League
Manager of the Month x8
Manager of the Year
Entered Asian Hall of Fame
2027-2028 Club Brugge Belgium 1 --- 0 0 0 0 0 --- ---
Fired me for applying to the South Korean job
2029 Santos Brazil 1 4 38 19 11 8 68 --- --- ---
2030 Santos Brazil 1 1 38 28 5 5 89 Serie A Championship
Copa Libertadores

International                        
2027 Ivory Coast --- --- --- 6 4 1 1 13 --- --- ---
2028 Chile --- --- --- 10 5 2 3 17 --- --- Won 3rd place in Copa America
2029 Brazil --- --- --- 12 10 0 2 30 --- --- Qualified for World Cup
2030 Brazil --- --- --- 9 5 0 4 15 --- --- Lost WC Quarterfinals to France
2030 Argentina --- --- ---                

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League    
Club Ligue 1    
Club Bundesliga    
Club La Liga    
Club Serie A    
Club Serie A (Brazil) 2030 Santos
Club League 9    
Club League 10    
Club Domestic Cup 3    
Club Domestic Cup 4    
Club Domestic Cup 5    
Club Domestic Cup 6    
Club Domestic Cup 7    
Club Domestic Cup 8    
Club Domestic Cup 9    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL    
Club Copa Libertadores 2030 Santos
Club Asian CL 2027 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club African CL    
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros    
International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    
Edited by remix951

BVB-Logo.thumb.png.aa151e687e30247d9ffc920c91ebf22c.png

Borussia Dortmund Season 2033/34 Review

League - I took over with 12 games to go with us sitting 5th place 2 points off the top 4 (our target for the rest of the season) as usual it took a few games for me to settle on the best 11 and as a result we started slowly to say the least - we lost 4-0 away to Hertha in our opening game. Our away form was an issue as we struggled to get results and even at home we lost to Koln (who are becoming a bogey side in this save) but as the team got used to the tactics we found form and got ourselves 4th spot with a couple games to go, going into the final game we were 2 points clear of Koln in 5th but while they faced a Frankfurt side with nothing to play for we were away to Bayern, we battled well and got a 1-1 draw which was enough to finish 4th on GD.

Champions League - Took over after group stages but Juventus away was my 2nd game in charge, we took an early lead before throwing it away, 2nd leg we played them off the park and got through to face Man City, a 0-0 draw at home was frustrating but away was annoying, we lead 1-0 before they scored and then with 30 mins to go our keeper passed the ball right to Foden in the 6 yard box to score, we then grabbed a late goal to head us to extra time but in injury they grabbed a winner to knock us out. 

Cup - a comfortable win the 1/4 finals before a loss in the semi finals as our away form continued to haunt us

Squad - it's a decent squad, well a good starting 11 at least, but needs a fair bit of work to be able to compete with Bayern over the course of a season I feel 

Career Progress

2033/34      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		Club World Cup winners, Left on Feb 6th
2033/34      Dortmund			Bundesliga		4th 		Took over Feb 6th in 5th place
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2027		South Korea

Challenge Progress

0/1 world tournaments

What's Next?

This is going to be a busy summer for me I think, I have the World Cup with England which after a defeat to France (5-0 loss :() in a friendly I'm having a rethink on my chances of winning it with an aging squad. I also have quite the rebuild to do at Dortmund and have spent the past 3 or 4 months scouting and trying to get my business sorted so I can go about my business quickly but it's a fun challenge to have at least.

discovered this thread recently and already love it. I started a Pentagon challenge a few weeks ago, but have turned it into this challenge instead. I don’t have a screenshot from the beginning but did fulfill all the requirements - except starting age wasn’t 20. This looks like a really difficult challenge. Not expecting to finish it, but it will be fun trying. I’ve always struggled with international management, and have never won the World Club Cup.

At the start, I was offered a job by Chinese Tier 2 club Shanghai Shenxin. I previously attempted a Pentagon challenge and spent three years at an Indonesian club before moving to a……Tier 2 Chinese Club, so I saved a few years there. I got promoted in the second year, then qualified for the AFC Champions League in the second year. I then moved to Shanghai SIPG, who actually weren’t in the AFC Champions league but had a huge budget. I’d managed in China before and found it’s best to spend money on Chinese talent due to the foreign player restrictions. 

After winning the AFC Champions League, I couldn’t find a suitable job at a big club, so I moved to Junior in Colombia. Took me a while to get used to the Opening and Closing phase but knocked off the Closing phase and Cup in the first year.

The Flamengo job then came up and I applied and had all my hopes on that job. But they turned me down. I didn’t want to do another year in Colombia so took the job at Vasco de Gama instead. I’d never managed in Brazil before and I’ve found it tough. It seems difficult to get quality Brazilian players in, but that could be because VDG don’t have the biggest budget. Anyway, I managed a last day win in the league in my second season (up till 2.30 am last night). I got knocked out of the domestic cup and Copa Libertadores, so I need to try again next season.

I'm loving this challenge, especially managing in different countries. I doubt I’ll win all 32 competitions, but I’ll have a go.

xzX0fEzAqAkcGdIhAwbe0BbuPoFCfkPHffrshcigEoCNtUiBrrU9gE8XNv74F36-htjy3ZW_cjsBl9BGw7eWaGvUT2gHkp8VVofbIDMhzvzcoGGsqt_sPUHfoHYyhOqZFqmnp-wa

lbZkFe395egGmq9qlvHG74po2lAKYnxAPQjyWtJT2e-mFkSdTl5nk2VylgjhVjCed7MlznpuQVZ5eainhI5qiTYDM-TG17u7PR0b_RG1m98LToj_MExB-XQEItfiyqjBBMwMBXji

oiamIAPHy0nmR94-qihe8ffjRKmS5ysVtpHh8XdOUwBZA6hDcqAB2je_MOVZbRC3oRzkxgqSaHs7BB26p8HKEXklwHYlHDqJykodUXiZl2uYALgwaVj0KEllKR-ixp0WyiNeQFEsr5rB33Dq4g

Crest.png.18f9ebc7c1d43de8a5aa300d28b01aaf.png

New York City FC: 2030 Review

This season saw us produce a superb campaign with vast improvements on my spell so far. It all started in pre season as we did a brilliant job in strengthening our squad. The biggest arrival being that of 20-year old South Korean winger Choi Seung Ryul from Real Salt Lake. The trade cost us quite a bit but he would have a phenomenal first season with us scoring and assisting plenty despite a long term injury. Another key arrival was 20-year old Brazilian centre back Jose Elias who arrived on a free transfer from his home country.

We started the league season well enough but in truth the first few months of the campaign were dominated by my hunger to go on and put a good run together in the Champions League. We had done well to reach the knockout stages last season but now needed to carry on surpassing expectations.

987384863_CLKnockouts.png.b4cd94b5807288f8be9e1614ff9971d5.png

We did just that as impressive victories over both Santos Laguna and Chivas saw us claim underdog rights in reaching the final for the very first time in the clubs history. Awaiting us would be fellow MLS side Toronto FC, a side we had already beaten in the early days of the league season.

2087525741_CLFinal.png.6419752d7100042b0bf318218707f1e3.png

We produced a fantastic display to lift the first trophy in New York City history and by far the biggest available. We were brilliant from first kick to last and in fact should have won the game a lot more comfortably than we did. That being said it was my first major trophy here and I hoped it would be the springboard for domestic successes to follow.

2008898869_CLTrophyLift.png.fefa801f33989241607b8f303875c91f.png

It would indeed be a successful season for us as we romped through to success, clinching the Eastern Conference by a mammoth 23 points and also the Supporters Shield by 8. We were helped in the early stages by Serbian striker Nemanja Sajcic who bagged 15 goals in the opening 15 games before leaving the club for Borussia Monchengladbach after they activated his £5,500,000 transfer release clause. His overall MLS record got the club was 38 goals in 47 appearances and I worried that we simply wouldn’t be able to replace him. I attempted to do that by bringing in 20-year old Argentine Nelson Sopegno in a trade deal from Minnesota. The deal code is a future first round draft pick and £2,000,000 but proved a good piece of business. He would score 10 goals in his 20 appearances to help us finish in top spot.

1808769451_MLSEnd.png.ab176ed1869577241ca0b142466c12a5.png

The play off matches didn’t disappoint either as we saw off bitter rivals New York Red Bulls 2-0 to reach the Eastern Conference final where we would face Chicago for a spot in the MLS Cup. Again we did enough and a 1-0 victory saw us reach the most important game of our season. In our way stood LA Galaxy who had won the Western Conference league and play offs.

653607547_MLSCupFinal.png.732705b292504effbdc50001c54ce1ef.png

It would be heartbreak for us as we missed out by a narrow 1-2 score line. We actually probably just about shaded the game but were left on the wrong end of a narrow result. As the final whistle went both me and my players sank to the ground full of disappointment. Having dominated the league season from start to finish it really was a horrible way for the campaign to end as we missed out on the biggest prize of them all.

Despite the disappointment of losing in the MLS Cup final (and an early exit from the US Cup) I have to be happy with the season. We dominated domestically all the way through to the final and we also walk away with the first major trophy in this clubs history. To win the Champions League at the first time of asking is a real positive and definitely something for me to build upon. I’m confident that we can come back next season and perform just as well, although keeping hold of some of our players may prove difficult. I’m going to have to get recruitment right but I have no doubt that we can come back stronger. I haven’t mentioned it but we’ve also got the latter stages of another Champions League campaign to come after we comfortably qualified from our group once more. I also have exciting news to share

27312129_NigeriaAppointment.png.d62f98adcd364e4873558d381018a1af.png

I have finally made the move into international management by taking over a side who performed abysmally at the World Cup. Ranked 18th in the world I’ve certainly fallen on my feet with this job. The first task was to qualify for the upcoming African Cup of Nations and we did that with ease. Nigeria had already won the opening two matches but after my arrival we went on to win the remaining four as well. There was also a nice 3-0 victory over Qatar in a friendly to add in. Five matches and five wins so far and an AFCON campaign kicking off very soon indeed. It could be a very bright year or so to come for me at both club and international level.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		10th
2022/23	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		1st (C)
2023/24	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		3rd
2024/25	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2025/26	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		1st (C)	Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2028	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		5th
2029	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		3rd
2030	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		1st (C)	NA Champions League Winners, MLS Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners

2030-present	Nigeria

1/5 Continental Championships		(NA Champions League 2030)

england-football-logo-71795D4E4A-seeklogo_com.png.929a6d279e87230102144b97b2538883.png

World Cup 2034 review

Group Stage 

Spoiler

England 5-0 Senegal - a very comfortable opening game for us as our first choice 11 took them apart even if all 5 goals came after the break

Peru 2-2 England - with such a big win I played my back up 11 in this game knowing that as long as we did nothing stupid we should still win the group, we of course did many stupid things such as having a man sent off and giving up a late goal to draw 2-2. Peru only beat Senegal 1-0 in the final group game so we won the group despite this poor performance

Second Round (If Applicable)

Spoiler

England 5-0 New Zealand - first 11 back in and we repeat the score from the opening game, this time though we were 3 up by HT so I could rotate in the 2nd half to try and save legs, we again had a red card (both of our DMs sent off in consecutive games ffs)

Third Round (If Applicable)

Spoiler

England 2-0 Columbia - Columbia have some good players (made the final 4 years ago and currently the best player in the world plays for them) so it took a while to break them down, in the end it was a mistake by their CB that allowed us to open the scoring after an hour, a late 2nd made it comfortable

Quarter Finals (If Applicable)

Spoiler

England 2-0 Argentina - another South American team and another 2-0 win, this one was more routine as we scored early and wrapped it up wiht a late penalty

Semi Finals (If Applicable)

Spoiler

England 3-0 Spain - Semi final followed same pattern as last game, goal after 20ish mins, missed chances before a 2nd around the 80th minute nark (same as the last 2 games) but this time we added a 3rd to round it off in style

Final/Third Place match (If Applicable)

Spoiler

England 3-1 Germany - A final against the old enemy and also the country I currently manage in! We scored after just 7 mins and I thought it would be comfortable but they scored pretty much right from kick off to level it up. A pretty even much was decided in a 5 minute spell just after the hour mark as 2 quick goals from us meant I could see out the rest of the game comfortably as England win the World Cup!

Career Progress

Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2027		South Korea
2034		England			Won World Cup

Challenge Progress

1/1 world tournaments – England 2034

What's next?

Well with this England side getting older (11 of my squad were 30+) I have chosen to leave them on a high and try and get a job in either North America or South America to try and claim those trophies before returning to Europe later.

Image result for Adelaide United Fc Logo. Size: 87 x 102. Source: yourjersey.com.au

Season 2044 / 45 - Adelaide United FC

Really enjoyed my mid season start here at Adelaide, however there were a few signings made by the prior management which cost me going into my first full season. 45signings with no salary cap room for them meaning they 3 of them were released with the termination payment counting towards the salary cap.  Will be truthfully honest, not a fan of all these regulations, still have no idea how to sign a marquee player or a scholarship player that dont count towards the cap and so really found it difficult to enjoy the season. 

Season starts off with the FFA Cup, which really was my main priority. It starts off with A-League teams playing against amateurs, our first game was against Pine Hills which we won 8 - 0.  Then we were unluckily drawn an A-League team in Central Coast Mariners, however they werent much difficult and we smashed them 5 - 0. In the quarters we were paired against Western Sydney Wanderers away. We deservedly lost and were out played, a late consolation made it seem closer than it was.

In the league, WSW were our clear rivals for the title. They won theyre first 11 games including beating us at home 1  - 0 which was our first blemish. Up until mid Jan when the transfer window opened, they seemed to have the regular season wrapped up, however thats when they started to wobble a little.  Going into the last game, we were 1 point behind them and they lost and our win gave us first position heading into the finals.  It meant that, if we made it to the granny, we would host the final at home so it was quite important albeit not counting towards this challenge.

In the semis, up against Brisbane, we played away first and lost 1 - 0 in a dull game. I was confident of overturning the result at home however a goal to them in the 7th minute had me worried.  We were creating chances but went into the half down 1 - 0 in the game but down 2 - 0 in the leg with no away goals counting.  I gave them the hairdryer treatment at half time with lots of morale turning red, however it seemed to work as we notched for fun in the second half winning the game 5 - 1 and sealing a home hosted grand final against WSW.

We started the final well, holding possession and creating the better chances but couldnt convert any.  Into half time locked at 0 - 0.  WSW started to come a bit more into the game in the second half.  The game was destined for extra time until we scored from a corner in the 80th minute to become A-League champions!

2022-04-26.png.4554ae9322aa119d059d18a894ad0bb4.png

Only 5 trophies to go with 3 of them being domestic cups.  Will need to do a bit of research as to which leagues have more than 1 domestic cup tournament or ones that have two legs involved.

On the international front, after winning the Copa America with Mexico last season, i tried applying for the England, Spain and Italy jobs after the Euros but had no luck with either of them so i might give the World Cup another crack with Mexico.  Although the strikeforce is not much chop after recent retirees. 

10 / 10    Domestic Leagues    
2044/45   A League                     Adelaide United

7 / 10    Domestic Cups    

4 / 5    Continental Cups    
2043          Gold Cup             Mexico
2044          Copa America         Mexico

27 / 32    Total Completed    

Image result for Adelaide United Fc Logo. Size: 87 x 102. Source: yourjersey.com.au

Season 2045 / 46 - Adelaide United

Entering the new season, only thing on my to do list is the FFA Cup after just winning the domestic title.  Luckily for me the FFA Cup is played first up with the final played before Christmas. 

As you can see below, it was quite a straight forward path to victory!  We were lucky to draw the only amateur team in the semis which we made light work of.  You may have thought that Western Sydney Wanderers were also an amateur team after demolishing them in the final as well!

2022-04-29.png.d760f57b28f889d4aaa6f8fb7287ec87.png

Couple of jobs have popped up in Mexico who are top of their group in the Cup, hopefully i land one of them.

8 / 10    Domestic Cups    
2045/46       FFA Cup             Adelaide United

4 / 5    Continental Cups    
2043          Gold Cup             Mexico
2044          Copa America         Mexico

28 / 32    Total Completed

Image result for pachuca fc

Season 2045 / 46 - Pachuca FC

My third stint in Mexico in this save with the two other at Cruz Azul, both vastly different experiences.  One winning the league and NA Champions League, and the other getting sacked within months for applying for other jobs.

Had a decision of joining either Toluca or Pachuca who were both top of their Cup groups but Pachuca had the better financials and muscle so it was a an easy decision. Only really needed CB's and CM's as the team was quite decent and i joined in Dec just before the transfer window opened and during the Christmas break.

As you can see below, it was quite a straight forward Cup win with only a disallowed late goal in the final preventing back to back 7 - 0 cup wins for me!

It's World Cup year this year but my confidence is low with this Mexican team.  Really need one of the big European jobs to compete for the Euros in two years time, here's hoping!

9 / 10    Domestic Cups