Hootieleece

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: April 2028

April has five fixtures all in Ligue1. RC Lens our "Evil Twin" is the toughest opposition, but taking any of them lightly means losing the title before the Climactic Battle with AS Monaco on May 5th!

MgU9yd.jpg

The month started with FC Metz coming to Clermont. Since some of the backups were beginning to grumble about playing time Bernard granted it.

0SFG4e.jpg

The backups did a professional job and Daniel Labila in a rare start scored the winning goal.

Media is trying to pile the pressure on us...

fhiiBe.jpg

A trip to Le Havre and Havre AC was next on the itinerary. 

MRUV6J.jpg

Palacios carried the team to victory with his goal.

0aNN6r.jpg

Euro Cup is secured but Bernard and the team are beginning to dream bigger!

pwLLOf.jpg

The Trip to Reims proved to be a little rocky...We definitely weren't coronated champions by the hosts...

gmhjKs.jpg

It was a tough match and Reims defended with everything they had luckily We scored a Penalty in "Crusader Time" AKA "Fergie Time" to escape with the win.

The team signed Senna Miangue's replacement...

MuM0wO.jpg

wODRb0.jpg

He isn't ready for the first team yet but he is young enough to grow into an HGC!

The Media see only three Claimants to PSG's Throne...Clermont has the strongest claim and has to defeat each other Claimant on the field to do it.

2frFlA.jpg

It will be decided May 5th!

But first their is a little problem of RC Lens our toughest opponents this month...

qv9qTM.jpg

The nerds say we have a good chance...

AWyOwR.jpg

It was another game of breaking down a parked bus...and finally broke through after 80 minutes.

E65GJ0.jpg

and We are now at least back in the CL!

so the Board told us the budgets for next season...

ngbnhy.jpg

Not a huge amount of Transfer money but the payroll goes up by about $7-10M that will allow us to resign key players.

The last match of the month was our semi-annual "Smashing of the Oranges" this time in Lorient.

4Xt85D.jpg

The new Lorient Manager is borrowing some ideas from Diego Simeone...good practice for the team.

4by6J8.jpg

We took the lead and then FC Lorient was just out there to hurt out players...

duVf0m.jpg

Jbf5jN.jpg

Two First XI players out for the rest of the season....too bad they won't get to enjoy their vacation.

Then the Hype began for the AS Monaco Match....

ZGXSBC.jpg

X4QB00.jpg

Diego Simeone has a good team and strong defensive formation. Luckily he seems to have problems against our main formation.

League Table and Team Stats

xzEPxw.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

aHEuoo.jpg

Palacios has kept up his torrid pace of being our most influential player on the pitch. So much so that Diego Simeone is rumored to be willing to buy him from Clermont.

Bernard will not let that happen. He knows that it might  be hard to keep Matias, but he is against selling him to a rival in Ligue1!

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: May 2028

May only has three fixtures all in Ligue1. It starts with the massive 1 versus 2 clash at Stade Gabriel Montpied.

wffjDs.jpg

The month began with the Match of the Year Clermont vs. AS Monaco. The winner will probably become Ligue1 Champion.

YO0dB6.jpg

The bookies were betting on our home advantage.

HqJOPp.jpg

and we started off wonderfully with two goals and then held on while AS Monaco attacked with everything they had!

Palaversa was the Hero dominating the Midfield

bWg5UJ.jpg

and just before the game we bought one of their young players...

lRFP0j.jpg

KBoZw7.jpg

He will look great taking Palacios's place when we can't keep him and sell him for a King's Ransom.

The next match and possible title clincher was against Les Verts in St. Etienne...so the game was hyped!

Q4VbYn.jpg

pbLe0t.jpg

u9RkOp.jpg

qYuH0d.jpg

The game finally came and it went like many others this season...The opposition "Parked the Bus" and dared us to break them down.

vcVN9c.jpg

It was tough but Palacios was the hero of every Clermont Supporter when his shot went in just before halftime. The second half was more of the same even though there were a few faint hearted attempts by ASSE to Counterattack and score.

After this I don't think we will call them "Big Brother" anymore...

cmbxrM.jpg

0Z3lf9.jpg

9txPIr.jpg

zMybpg.jpg

0AC3sU.jpg

See the source image

But there was still a game to play...We were playing Third placed OM on the Final Day of the Season at Stade Gabriel-Montpied. It would be the final event held at the Stadium.

8ayWDz.jpg

It was a bore of a game neither side interested in playing ...

and it cost OM a spot in the Champions League!

BAFSVr.jpg

Player of the Month

Till Cissokho

Tam6fE.jpg

The Captain was rocky steady in the middle of the back line in the games to secure the title.

Awards Night

77K1XW.jpg

Nico Williams and Matias Palacios join the All-Time Clermont greats!

Fan's Players of the Year

Bypqxl.jpg

Maximillian Alt was definitely the signing of the season! 

zPCFGr.jpg

Ag22lL.jpg

The Medals for everyone involved with the Ligue1 Title.

of note is that Palacios and Jaby are #1 and #2 by Avg. Rating!

5OCerK.jpg

X5CMN4.jpg

Great Records for the Team

Board Meeting

iV60ah.jpg

and Bernard wanted an Affiliate in the USA for maketing purposes.

d0suRt.jpg

GEfLUb.jpg

J3P0N2.jpg

The New Stadium is delayed 2 months...

and the Training Camp plans to support our Marketing in the USA!

HEWk8t.jpg

Management Report

MsjLrE.jpg

qBlAFj.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Ligue 1 Review

b8tlSs.jpg

League Table

A1ipFK.jpg

League Stats

wT9bVB.jpg

Clermont came in 3rd in goals scored but number one in a number of other important categories. Especially Goals Conceded!

HQ8ejh.jpg

Nael Jaby wins his annual awards for most key passes in Ligue1. Palacios covered every inch of the pitch and our new goalkeeper  Alt conceded the least goals.

Player of the Year

Matias Palacios

Sxo7u3.jpg

It was a close race for this award but without Palacios's goals and assists the team would not have won the title.

He and Jaby were #1 and #2 in Average Rating and it depended who you talked to who was better.

Thanks for Reading!

31 minutes ago, Koetzer said:

Congratulations, time to conquer Europe now :applause:

That is the main goal of this save. I will end it when I do. I made the First Knockout Round this season. So it is getting closer.

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: June 2028

With the Ligue1 Title in our hands Bernard and the General Manager had some decisions to make this Silly Season when GM's and Managers spend money to hopefully make their teams better.

The first activity of the season was the signing of an extension by our Super Sub Striker Labila.

RIcTDz.jpg

Bernard claims an award...

vqXd2V.jpg

bO0szg.jpg

and our CB/RB Reyes comes in as the 3rd best player in the Toulon Tournament!

Kmi6U1.jpg

The Commercial Summary is disappointing in that even with our success we can't get better Sponsorships...we are living on Champions League Prize Money.

5szGPw.jpg

We sign a young inside forward to nurture as a long term replacement at IF.

TbWtSI.jpg

and here is one that is closer to first team playing time.

6Y96MD.jpg

We had decided to sell Disasi before he left for nothing...We have some decent to good prospects in the pipeline.

BRI6Ve.jpg

The team keeps it spot on the first page of European Rankings and is the 2nd most prestigious French Team!

WHxA1e.jpg

and we got a nice write up in the local newspaper...

SgEsXB.jpg

This CB was in our scouting meeting cards and I couldn't pass him up. He adds to our Argentinean Cohort within the team. I might have to get an affiliate there.

Szd7oN.jpg

3XxmrC.jpg

The annual Clermont vs. Clermont2 Match was played June 28th!

OBXiLa.jpg

Transfers

S9Y9V9.jpg

HjOIpo.jpg

Benoit Morin

aIiNbE.jpg

A striker to be retrained as an IF will get some first team playing time as third option.

Khaled Belhaoua

1DQD1d.jpg

An AMC to be trained to take Palacios place when he inevitably leaves.

Aldo Vangjeli

dEPztd.jpg

Aldo is a longterm replacement at IF.

Ralpho Amoebi

Lf0j3q.jpg

Another IF...I went a little crazy....

Fabian Sapetti

iLdEZJ.jpg

The 19 yo Wonderkid that will slot straight into the team and will compete with Matsima for the BPD Spot.

Mahamed Ali Sellimi

cr3Bse.jpg

Our new Left Back that replaces Senna Miangue  who wanted too much money for one more season.

Management Report

27D5xt.jpg

JlurhN.jpg

Preseason Preview

UuBwRw.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

11 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Great job mate!Congratulations you deserved it.:applause:

Thanks. I think it really came down to luck and the fact we only had Ligue1 to worry about down the stretch.

Just now, karanhsingh said:

Well done this is an amazing achievement!! Super stuff. Palacios looks fantastic. What role have you been playing him in? 

Thanks. Palacios is an AM-A. Normally I would use him as a AP-S/A but I have found too many playmaking roles makes for bad teams. Palacios's natural attributes create a Messi- like # 10role for him even though he only has basic instructions. 

14 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Thanks. Palacios is an AM-A. Normally I would use him as a AP-S/A but I have found too many playmaking roles makes for bad teams. Palacios's natural attributes create a Messi- like # 10role for him even though he only has basic instructions. 

Yes he seems like the archetypical Argentinian number 10 - not enough of those knocking around nowadays. 

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes he seems like the archetypical Argentinian number 10 - not enough of those knocking around nowadays. 

His information blurb is "Unpredictable Attacking Midfielder" and he lives up to the tag. He was responsible for 25 goals last season in Ligue1 12 Goals and 13 Assists.

I am paying him a little more than $5M/Year and his Valuation is $74M. If he was at a true big boy with a higher wage I bet his Valuation would be over $100M.

The first thing that attracted me to him was the "Deadball" Skills also I was able to get him for $8.5M Transfer Fee.

31 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Congratz winning the ligue ! u are doing a great job. is Palacios your favourite player ?

He is my favorite Non-original Clermont Player. 

My Favorite Player this save is Nael Jaby, whom I trying to turn into Totti. A one Club man.

My second Favorite is Till Cissokho. My poor man's version of Van Dijk.

What is funny about this save is this is my my most technically able and flair team I have ever had....

37 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

He is my favorite Non-original Clermont Player. 

My Favorite Player this save is Nael Jaby, whom I trying to turn into Totti. A one Club man.

My second Favorite is Till Cissokho. My poor man's version of Van Dijk.

What is funny about this save is this is my my most technically able and flair team I have ever had....

Can u show those guys ? and how they started in your save ? and how they developed ?

NawFaH.png

Preseason: July 2028

Preseason has nine fixtures, including training camp in the USA and a match against our newest affiliate. The preseason starts off with the annual Clermont vs. Clermont2 game.

The highlight of the Preseason is the visit to Stade Gabriel-Montpied of Chelsea. The preseason ends with a trip to Tunisia for the Trophee des Championes!

Bygidg.jpg

The preseason began with the annual Clermont vs. Clermont2 match that in many ways shows what is to come...

The match was as always a fiery affair because the Clermont2 players fell they deserve to be in the First Team.

This year the score was 4-2 Clermont victorious!

The next match was a short trip to Chateauroux for a visit with our affiliate.

yl5DOs.jpg

Then we headed off to the USA for Training Camp and a three match tour.

Just before the trip long serving team member Irvin Cardona was sold to Ipswich.

EQBXiU.jpg

The first match of the US Tour was against the USL New York Cosmos...

gUJGJQ.jpg

Young Alvaro Navarro was Star of the match.

The next match was against our newest affiliate the New England Revolution of MLS. Bernard started the First XI, but NE proved to be a tough team in their home ground.

hSrnAI.jpg

The match against MLS's D.C. United was much different and was a walkover.

Clermont won the match 4-0.

The team came home to play Viktoria Plzen at Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

tl0Ukl.jpg

Maximilliano Romero was the Hat-Trick Hero!

and after the game this bomb landed on Bernard's Desk...

nN3YU6.jpg

Bernard refused and immediately negotiated an extension with Clermont.

IlIxGG.jpg

The next preseason match was a trip to Burgundy and the home of the Mustard Makers Dijon FCO. They were the newest team in Ligue1.

c8knJ5.jpg

Bernard and the Team showed them what to expect this season with a blowout win.

The bookmakers are saying we have a chance to repeat...

jbGxWx.jpg

The Big match against Chelsea was next...

8ubFLn.jpg

It ended up being a very defensive match between roughly equal teams.

The final match of preseason was against Grenoble. Bernard used the match to work on one of his other Formations the 5-2-2-1 and it worked well against the inferior opposition.

mwjWAR.jpg

Maxence Riehl was the Hat-Trick Hero for this match.

The Official Preseason ending match was the Trophee des Championes held in Tunisia against Coupe de France holders OM.

Ofe1TV.jpg

It was another very defensive battle like the Chelsea match...and didn't do much to gain any fans in Tunisia.

The Regular Season Begins next Week and the Stats Nerds have there say...

Ofe1TV.jpg

We have a chance using our 4-2-3-1 Wide.

The Board reminded us of their expectations...

6SvLbJ.jpg

Nothing to outlandish, we just need to be better in Coupe de France and make sure we are top 5 in Ligue1. There are no real expectations for the CL.

Bernard wants to make the Knockout Rounds again.

o3KxXj.jpg

Player of the Month

Alvaro Navarro

njdrec.jpg

This young winger is making Bernard take notice and is making a compelling argument for a place in the first team.

Management Report

NmoBQu.jpg

mWNORy.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

12 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Can u show those guys ? and how they started in your save ? and how they developed ?

I will try. The Early profile pics are definitely in the early postings. but it will take some research from me.

I will show both Nael Jaby and Till Cissokho.

Nael Jaby Pics!

I think this is the earliest Player Profile I have for him.

IYANEF.jpg

This is just after the start of the save.

This is him Currently.

dIzrhn.jpg

He has settled back down to earth and is only rated 3 Stars, but is comparable to some interesting names:

SHVkFn.jpg

You might recognize a few of those players.

Till Cissokho

8rPsY3.jpg

This is the earliest one I could find.

This is the Comparable players to him at that date in 2020!

23oDxc.jpg

and him now...

qOaUL0.jpg

8 years later.

Edited by Hootieleece

18 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You can get even more attached to these guys now then, Palacios is very much real :cool:

I think he will be the "Wonderkid" of FM21 especially if a Big Time European Team get a hold of him.

The reason I didn't know is he only had a silhouette in the skin I use...which I downloaded like the day after FM20 came out. And I assumed because he was young that he was newgen because he's almost the same age as Stanislas Limbombe-20A.

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Great stuff!! Why didn't you take the France job though, could have managed them alongside Clermont 

I always find that I can't do both well. especially the national jobs when I have two separate interfaces to follow.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: August 2028

The loss in the Trophee des Champions was deflating but the month of August would give us a chance to begin defending our title.

The month had four fixtures all in Ligue1 and all winnable...

QRWeLb.jpg

The Team announced encouraging Season Ticket numbers...

JyN6uh.jpg

This means our new Stadium will be at least half full at all times.

The first match of the season was a trip to Toulouse...

gTHrY7.jpg

This match showed things to come...We won but it was much harder than it was last season.

The first home match of the season was also the Penultimate Match at Stade Gabriel-Montpied. Reims came to town ready to play.

4pq9dL.jpg

The game started well with goals by Palacios and Romero. After half-time Reims came out energized and changed from a Defensive formation to an Attacking Mirror of our 4-2-3-1 Wide.

It worked and Reims tied the game in the closing minutes...

AS Monaco named a new manager...

ZF36hO.jpg

Diego Simeone was mad that we stopped him from winning a trophy and took himself off to Italy.

The last home match at Stade Gabriel-Montpied was played against rivals AS St. Etienne.

8gqjOt.jpg

It was a routine professional victory, but could and should have been more.

The Champions League Group is drawn...

klNHSS.jpg

It is a winnable group but we must be careful against PSV and Athletico Madrid is probably the favorite in the group.

The last match of the month was a trip to Strasbourg...and it was a trip to forget.

QQYyB9.jpg

It started out well enough with Limbombe-20A scoring...but rapidly went down hill from there... it was a replay of the Reims match, but the team had no offensive answers for Strasbourg's defense and our vaunted defense was terrible in the face of their Aerial Assault.

Of note was the Header scored from 18 yards by a player with a heading attribute of 7!

It was just an FMing.

SsAnxD.jpg

In better news the move to the New Stadium has been completed.

rjGnMM.jpg

Intérieur stade Océane.jpg

This is Havre AC's Stadium but the new Clermont Stadium is of similar size.

It holds 25,000 fans and is a significant upgrade over Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

Transfer Window

IwrhKH.jpg

nB4bsS.jpg

Player of the Month

Stanislas Limbombe-20A

JlYQDB.jpg

Limbombe-20A has been the leading scorer for the team in the season so far but hasn't totally replaced Cardona even with him gone...but like the rest of the team he must buckle down in the face of Adversity.

Management Report

3JoABZ.jpg

hgA35v.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: September 2028

The Title Defense begins September in an unenviable position of being in 8th place. The month will have six fixtures spread over only 18 days due to the International Break.

hemxcI.jpg

The month began after the International Break with the first match at Clermont Stadium! The opponent was our rival Olympique Lyonnais.

V4v4Mc.jpg

yxRjow.jpg

The match was almost like movie "Ground Hog Day" where the same thing happens over and over. Limbombe-20A scored to give us the lead, but the opposition ties or takes the lead in the closing minutes.

The second match of the month was a trip to Denmark with the OM match coming up Bernard felt confident in playing the backups against the Danes.

YHrtpN.jpg

It was a good outing and Alvaro Navarro kept up his good play...he may soon be in the First Team...

The Trip to Marseilles is always fraught with danger, but Bernard played the strongest Team available to him and came away with a thrilling victory.

mxZEZk.jpg

Two Goals by Maximilliano Romero was the stat of the match.

After the good performance against OM, Bernard wanted to let the backups have some time against SM Caen. The match was a Sellout the first at Clermont Stadium!

mpLhwb.jpg

but the game was less than enthralling and ended in a 0-0 draw.

since Atletico Madrid was the next home match in a week and Bernard wanted his best players rested he gambled that he could get a result against Rennes at Roazhon Park.

vutruc.jpg

He got a result but it could have been so much more...another late goal ruins our day!

The final match of the month was Pep Guardiola's Athletico Madrid side visiting the new Clermont Stadium.

Bernard was ready for them...

15rv5A.jpg

It was a match of wits and a very defensive game by Clermont because Athletico kept the ball so well...but finally a breakthrough came in the 82nd minute when Maximilliano Romero scored a tap in from a counterattack.

The fans went delirious!

and the board was very happy with the financial aspects of the match.

P2n3vD.jpg

but after the match and before our next match former Utility man Fulgini questioned our poor Ligue1 record.

pg5cNf.jpg

ojKk9W.jpg

Bernard agrees with Fulgini 8th place is no place for the reigning Ligue1 Champions to be.

Player of the Month

Neco Williams

U8aUtV.jpg

Neco Williams kept up his consistent stellar play at RB and was a glimmer of hope in a rather dismal month. He is in his 5th season with Clermont having come from Liverpool on a free. Bernard has had numerous offers for the RB, but always turns them down and Neco doesn't seem to mind.

Management Report

De64NQ.jpg

uUoHz6.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Defending your title looks to be quite challenging! Having said that, if you win your game in hand you won't be far away from Qatari All Stars.

It is like every team is trying to win the World Cup against us! :cool:

I may try mixing up my formations again....problem is that my squad is set for my 4-2-31 Wide. I have a 4-1-2-3 Wide and a 5-2-2-1 also.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: October 2028

October had six fixtures. Four in Ligue1 and two in the Champions League as well as a International Break.

DPA3q5.jpg

The month began with EA Guingamp visiting Clermont Stadium. Since the team needed some morale building...Bernard played the Starters against the Relegation threatened side.

mpYITU.jpg

We easily won the game but should have scored more.

The International Break happened and the first match afterwards was a trip to Nimes.

iYJWiP.jpg

It was a game the backups played because of the CL match a few days later. Luckily Maximilliano Romero came off the bench to score a brace to win the game.

The CL match against PSV was just a few days later in Clermont.

Bernard was expecting a tough match.

z563Fz.jpg

The game went like so many others this season it was a tough defense that was finally breached late on and while we were ready to celebrate they score a tying goal.

The next match was three days later against OGC Nice...

They had an ancient Right back that we were to abuse...you might have heard of him!

ayiwFV.jpg

The game came and during the first half Stanislas Limbombe-20A had his way with Henderson setting up and scoring a goal. In the second half Nice made a change and the goals dried up. Again in the dying minutes the opposition scored. Luckily they didn't tie the match.

Two days later our Goalie suffered a major back injury in training...

zbr4gP.jpg

He will be out for about two months!

The team then had a trip to visit our "Evil Twin" RC Lens. They have been struggling this season. The backups played the game, it was a risk but with a trip to the Netherlands waiting on Halloween.

VpbWaQ.jpg

The CL match versus PSV ended the month on Halloween. Bernard made a tactical decision to use a 4-1-2-3 Wide Formation against PSV.

cI2Crk.jpg

It was a defensive battle until a mistake allowed PSV to score in the 68th minute. 

yk4FMy.jpg

Player of the Month

See the source image

Matias Palacios

eY6nQA.jpg

Matias's play didn't often get headlines this month but was crucial to our good form.

Management Report

LOgPmS.jpg

B67CgE.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: November 2028

The month of November has five fixtures and an International break. The Fixture of note is the trip to the Death Star in Paris right after the International Break.

oQNgP5.jpg

The Month began with another important match...AS Monaco at Clermont Stadium.

WmDTTB.jpg

Said Arab came on in the second half and scored the winner.

The International Break came and then we turned to preparation for the trip to the Death Star....

lU2nOn.jpg

They still have a decent team...lol

Our Wonderkid Right Winger is out for 3-4 months....ouch.

9MiWpU.jpg

and this is the injured list...

EPr3kd.jpg

The match underwhelmed and PSG were up for it and we lost 2-0!

The next match was a CL match against the Danes...

The Backups played and won 3-0.

A Home match against Bordeaux saw a bunch of players return to the lineup. Including Stanislas Limbombe-20A playing as a Ramdeuter.

This led to our best match of the season.

q939ST.jpg

There wasn't a bad outing among any of the team.

Palacios was a standout though...

phkOjv.jpg

The last match of the month was a trip to coal country and LOSC Lille. This is often a tough match.

E1vz05.jpg

The match started well with two goals for us then Lille started fighting back and each side answered the others goals!

As The month ended Nael Jaby received an award for being the best player in Ligue1. Matias Palacios was just behind!

FztW4e.jpg

owYr2t.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

AOgQ6x.jpg

Nael Jaby was considered the best player in Ligue1 this month. He did it with his passing and by scoring a couple of goals when the opportunity presented itself.

Management Report

Sii8xI.jpg

Q5JJcE.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: December 2028

The month of December is busy with six fixtures. Three in Ligue1. One in the CL. One in Coupe de France and a cash grab.

NnySxp.jpg

The month began with a visit from Angers SCO. It was a match Bernard felt comfortable playing the backups with the Athletico trip a few days later.

BvZxn8.jpg

The match didn't start out well but the team played better as the match went on Daniel Labila, getting a rare start, scored just before halftime. Myziane Maolida, an often forgotten player, came off the bench to score the game winner.

The trip to Madrid was a big match! Win the game and win the Group! Lose and probably end up in Euro Cup.

5XGfpl.jpg

The match like many others didn't start well but then the team worked hard and came away easy winners.

The Youth Intake was previewed....a winger and a Striker....I would love a homegrown midfielder...

Ny3dzM.jpg

The next match was a trip to the Mustard Makers of Dijon FCO. A full strength team did a professional job.

JTEzej.jpg

The Champions League draw happened and we drew...

NKiqRB.jpg

Barcelona!

Havre AC traveled from Normandie to Clermont Stadium and was the latest victim of our streak.

9uHSRA.jpg

Nael Jaby and Palacios dominated the match!

Some old hands were given extensions to continue their careers in Clermont colors.

aE6QNh.jpg

Vice-Captain Baiye

and 

TaLE0r.jpg

Nael Jaby

That means more than likely Jaby will be a one club man!

Two days after Christmas the backups played a match against Fortuna Dusseldorf

27aGSu.jpg

Dusseldorf gave the backups a game but would have lost badly to starting XI.

Bernard was runner up for an award he has previously won!

8IaVGm.jpg

The Ninth Round of the Coupe de France saw the team head to the Loire valley and a match against Angers SCO.

YdS2Hk.jpg

This match was very much the Stanislas Limbombe-20A show. It was him enjoying his new role of Ramdeuter to the fullest.

and to close out the month...Nael Jaby was denied Player of the Month because of Striker Bias.

uvoQzz.jpg

i7zJHR.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

See the source image

TNBTOB.jpg

Nael Jaby has returned to form and is again ruling the midfield.

Management Report

DfYduT.jpg

ROLuiD.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

23 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Consistently impressive, OL also giving PSG something to worry about. Keep up the excellent work, nice to see the new contracts for your long-serving players too.

It is beginning to almost run on Autopilot as far as tactics are concerned. The New Contracts for the Long serving players was something I want to do this save. Normally I start selling players when they are near the end of their contract and over 28!

Yes, I did it with Irvin Cardona, but I had a better option to replace him (Stanislas Limbombe-20A) who would have probably made his signing unnecessary in the first place if the board hadn't sold him to OM.

Generally I am very happy with the players I have NOW and am not actively looking to sell, but probably would for any offer over $75M for any player.

The players I am bringing in are usually 18-21 Year-olds that might break into the team if they develop or become an HGC and to sell on if they develop and I can't use them. Also so I have some players to loan to my affiliates to give players development time I can sort of control. HK from Iceland has been loaning about 4 players a season and won promotion to the Icelandic Premier League. So technically we could possibly play them in Champions League.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2029

The month of January brings six fixtures and an International Break. Meaning 5 Fixtures will be played in 15 days.

fdecvL.jpg

The month began with the after effects of the Coupe de France Victory over Angers SCO.

H40ZuE.jpg

We are rewarded with FC Lorient at home...should be a match for the backups.

Bernard and Inigo Winters the GM were busy extending the contracts of all of our Key Players:

EMrsNA.jpg

The Croatian half of our Midfield Tandem does the dirty work that allows Jaby to shine.

vkOg1k.jpg

Our Captain shall remain such for some time to come.

oGfHDa.jpg

Stanislas Limbombe-20A, We aren't going to lose him again.

After the Contract signings the team needed to resume playing and a trip to Reims was on the Itinerary just before the International Break.

RIm3dd.jpg

This game was always in control and should have scored more. Maximilliano Romero is continuing his fantastic season with a goal from the penalty spot.

The team returned from International break to the 10th round Coupe de France match against FC Lorient. The Backups played.

FC Lorient "parked the bus" and defended as if their lives depended on winning...they even went down to ten men...but didn't give up a goal until well into Extra-Time when the flood gates unleashed 3 goals in 10 minutes.

The next match four days later was a trip to Stade Geoffrey Guichard in St. Etienne.

vlNdCZ.jpg

It should have been an easy win but another great performance by an opposing player ruined our day. This day it was Daniel James former of Man United.

Three days after the trip to St. Etienne, the team was back on the road visiting Grenoble for the 11th round of the Coupe de France.

uhYcF1.jpg

It was another match played by the backups...and that kept it closer than necessary but a win is a win.

Five days later RC Strasbourg visited Clermont Stadium.

es5kfc.jpg

We got a professional win even though it was closer than it needed to be. The net needed to be moved 2 feet to the left and we would have scored 10 Goals!

The Final day of the month brought us to Lyon and a match with First Place Olympique Lyonnais!

pVezF2.jpg

It was a good even match and Clermont had the better of it but was denied 3 Times by the woodwork!

Bernard was so mad he sent the Assman!

lgXyRQ.jpg

NKy9Nr.jpg

Transfer Window

65hfot.jpg

Bruno Henrique as a Free Transfer is the steal of the Window! He was on our radar and turned down a contract. He would have replaced Csoboth or Said Arab in the team.

JtNYue.jpg

Player of the Month

Cedric Gregoire

HKsEF3.jpg

His attributes don't impress but he is consistent and plays like Andy Robertson and is now leading the team in Assists because of his link up play with Limbombe-20A as a Ramdeuter.

Management Report

RmiAbg.jpg

VduMct.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2029

The month of February is a busy one. There are seven fixtures over 28 days! Four in Ligue1 and one in CL and two in the Coupe de France.

Cw6Phd.jpg

The month began with OM's visit to Clermont Stadium. It was a tricky match. 

CIYGv8.jpg

There defense and goalie seemed to be one step ahead of our attack the entire match. Both goals were fluke rebound/fail clearances that were slotted home.

Four days later RC Strasbourg visited Clermont for the Coupe de France Quarterfinals.

The Half rotated team was really up for it.

cupqvN.jpg

Maximilliano Romero put on a show scoring 4 times!

Three days later the team headed to Normandy and a match SM Caen.

The full team played the match...

RE4j7R.jpg

It was equal till half time when the team changed gears and then put in a top performance.

The Team looked like it was ready for the trip to Camp Nou.

Ad1FCj.jpg

9I8M5F.jpg

It would be a tough match but the stats boys thought we had a chance...

qzYsGs.jpg

Barcelona dominated and pressed us and we didn't handle the pressure well...they seemed to dance around us and score even with Heroic efforts of the backline and goalkeeper.

It could have been much worse than scoreline reflects.

Three days after the embarrassment of Barcelona Stade Rennais came to town. The team took its anger out on the unfortunate team...

8fCCSs.jpg

It was another game that the other team defended heroically and kept the score closer than it should have been. We looked like Barcelona from a few days before against them.

The trip to Brittany and Guigamp was made by the backups because of the trip to AS Monaco in a few days. The tableproppers weren't ready for the level of game the team played.

6JgdZg.jpg

The final match of the month was the trip to Monaco for the Semi-Final of the Coupe de France!

It was going to be a tricky match against a  roughly equal team but Clermont should win...

edpooK.jpg

We controlled the game but just couldn't get the ball past the Monaco Goalie.

W2tQTI.jpg

Player of the Month

Brandon Baiye

DOebgO.jpg

The Vice Captain played great in the midfield leading the backups to multiple victories this month.

Management Report

MJ6QjK.jpg

hFlZ66.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

30 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Still so close at the top, but worrying now to see PSG jump above you and OL. Your form is still excellent, I hope it will be enough to keep the title challenge strong until the end :thup:

I have another match with PSG that will probably be the title decider. Unless something unpredictable happens. PSG is like a Hydra cut off one head and another grows in its place.

The Coupe de France was missed opportunity. I am sure AS Monaco will win it, because the teams in other semi-final are hot garbage.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: March 2029

The month of March only has four fixtures. Three in Ligue1 and one in the CL. The International Break is almost Two Weeks this Time!

XHN6PE.jpg

Four Matches in 17 days. All of the Ligue1 matches should be wins. The Barcelona at home match is tricky but Bernard hopes for a better performance.

The first match of the month was Nimes Olympique visiting Clermont. The Nimes team was mid-table but the backups should be enough to beat them with the Barcelona match in a few days.

KxZ4bS.jpg

The Backups looked good young Benoit Morin playing IF scored the opener and Daniel Labila scored just before halftime. The second -half was Nimes defending for their lives.

Barcelona was coming to Clermont Stadium!

Bernard rested the Starting XI and reminded them of the dismal prior performance at Camp Nou.

yM07LF.jpg

We played better, but Barcelona is just better!

Three days later with plenty of time spent with the Sport Scientists. The team headed to Allianz Arena in Nice.

There were a few starters missing notably Nael Jaby, but Palaversa slid over and took the keys to the car.

7yWeTs.jpg

It was utter domination. Led by a Ruthless Palaversa in a performance that almost makes me think I am wasting his talent.

The Media have noticed our winning ways...

BsSCW9.jpg

The New Youth Intake is here:

OdLAqD.jpg

another disappointing intake, but I sign 8 players just for numbers in U-19's team.

The week off after the OGC Nice game rested the Starting XI and they were ready for the visit of our "Evil Twin" RC Lens.

9Jku86.jpg

It was an utter demolition...especially after the half time talk.

Bernard went to the Board of Directors for a series of improvements. They turned down adding another Affiliate, but approved of Facility Upgrades.

ZLULTG.jpg

WSyXpX.jpg

The Next Month starts off with two big matches AS Monaco and then PSG!

Well the hype for AS Monaco started early...

M53cZF.jpg

They have a vastly experienced All-Star team.

CIBHEE.jpg

Bernard approaches a milestone

The Bookies think we should win in Monaco!

6wIHlM.jpg

and Bernard was able to tie down another member of our core.

ybCYDQ.jpg

Cedric plays extremely well on the Left-Side and I would compare him to Andy Robertson.

HJt3Am.jpg

Player of the Month

See the source image

Ante Palaversa

cqvGkd.jpg

The former Hadjuk and Man City Midfielder joined Clermont on a Free several years ago. He has become the "Chief of Staff" to Marshal Jaby in the Midfield.

His willingness to do the dirtywork combined with his technical ability make him one of the first names on the lineup card.

Management Report

U2fwIP.jpg

IlC9MI.jpg

Thanks for Reading!