Crusade for European Glory! It always begins in Clermont [FM20]

Hootieleece

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: June 2024

Now that the team is heading back home to Clermont after being in exile in Chateauroux. Many things are possible and It is time to win the hearts and minds of Clermont and European Nights in our own Stadium will help.

June opened with a board meeting...

2eHPCf.jpg

The board agreed to every improvement possible and gave me a 3 year extension on my contract.

We found out Barcelona won the Champion's League...

SWLfhj.jpg

Vz4wlx.jpg

Further study shows that Liverpool have 3 times and Barcelona twice...notice who is missing from the winners....PSG!

This is my new contract...

5u4STf.jpg

Notice bonuses for winning!

Clermont has grown in stature and is regarded in the to 50 Football Clubs in the world.

and recorded a record high place of 2nd in Ligue1.

Our first big move to upgrade the team was rewarding our Stars...

aVLi21.jpg

Starting with Jaby.

Two of our Players were named Stars of Ligue1

EoFOnr.jpg

and Best XI

OaSDdB.jpg

and Jaby was named best player in Ligue1

WyKy8M.jpg

The Directors we happy about funds coming in...

qfpe0r.jpg

The first big signing of the season is one for the future...

02yea7.jpg

He will eventually take Said's place.

This is to beef up the Attacking Midfielders now...

yhozmr.jpg

and a young Backup Goalkeeper...at half the wages of last year.

SpoiMx.jpg

and We made Top 7 in France...

vmflBZ.jpg

and finally the media get around to talking about the Season...damn Relegation Playoffs!

R6rAGy.jpg

and we get an invite to play PSG in sunny California.

X9VhDh.jpg

Management Report

t7vQOi.jpg

X2TxL5.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The club has really grown plenty! And without spending hardly anything. So do you now see yourself as a top 50 club (and do the board) or do you continue with low-key approach and modest transfers.

Enjoy your time in California, you're going to have an exciting season.

NawFaH.png

Transfers

VMW00J.jpg

Cedric Gregoire

EFfszF.jpg

Mohammed Larbi

MdsUzw.jpg

He comes as a AMC for the future...

Dilane Bakwa

8gFwjy.jpg

He was brought in to replace and upgrade our depth in the Attacking Midfield.

Neco Williams

rre8R2.jpg

Williams is here to be our Right Back of the Future...on a free no brainer.

Myziane Maolinda

TQgwZ5.jpg

more depth for the team can play IF or Striker.

Matthew Smith

HNfS6y.jpg

Comes from Arsenal to backup Jaby and Baiye.

Maximilliano Romero

yKAwjp.jpg

Our new crown Jewel. He is our new Striker.

Theo Robert

CJg9SV.jpg

Our new Backup GK.

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

The club has really grown plenty! And without spending hardly anything. So do you now see yourself as a top 50 club (and do the board) or do you continue with low-key approach and modest transfers.

Enjoy your time in California, you're going to have an exciting season.

I am trying to build the infrastructure now to sustain this growth. I actually wouldn't mind a season of consolidation. Eventually I will have to splurge but the boards budgets don't allow it. Eventually I will have to sell Jaby and Cissokho to raise the money needed to truly take the next step.

Are we truly a top 50 Club? No, our entire payroll is less than Neymar makes in a year.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I am trying to build the infrastructure now to sustain this growth. I actually wouldn't mind a season of consolidation. Eventually I will have to splurge but the boards budgets don't allow it. Eventually I will have to sell Jaby and Cissokho to raise the money needed to truly take the next step.

Are we truly a top 50 Club? No, our entire payroll is less than Neymar makes in a year.

I think that's the right approach. You don't have to spend big or live beyond your means. I'm confident you wont go 'all Peter Ridsdale' on us :lol:

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Solid transfers. I don't think you'll eventually have to sell to raise funds. A season or two in Europe and especially the Champions League should get you that money. 

That is the hope. I have been raiding the Free Transfers as much as possible. I am making one more panic buy as the season starts...at least he was already on my shortlist. 

This year was to get rid of deadwood and prior mistakes (Chef anyone)

I pretty much have to keep Jaby and Baiye at the club because they are our only Home Grown Club Starters for European Football. No one is in the pipeline either....

NawFaH.png

Preseason: July 2024

The signings of June would need to be integrated into the team so Bernard Chose a rather hectic Preseason of Fixtures including Training Camp in Ravenna, Italy.

Most of the teams would be inferior quality to Clermont, but there were matches against much better opponents including a home match against Manchester City.

XlJV3E.jpg

We won most of the games like we were supposed to...the Man City game flatters to deceive they dominated and we got lucky against the subs.

July opened up with us cementing Arab as our no.10 for sometime.

z6ITG4.jpg

An Early Media Prediction...

or3KP2.jpg

Midway through Training Camp we signed a new Right Wing...

RqvrpT.jpg

Czw7gI.jpg

Not because we were unhappy with the current Right Wing...This Guy...

1Npzzd.jpg

but because he is a glass cannon.

and we wanted to keep Fulgini as a Super Sub/ Utility player.

The Big Game:

pJpVKt.jpg

Near the end of the month the Gamblers made their predictions...

IcEuIO.jpg

They match the media predictions. Bernard agrees because he feels the first half of the season will be a struggle as all the new signings settle in and the needs of Champion's League Football.

and of course Our Player that OM Stole! is predicted for greatness.

BAv45X.jpg

He would look great right now leading our line...and save us $6.5M dollars!

This is our Starting Lineup going into the Trophee des Champions...

3dN8Qu.jpg

the only person missing is Disasi from the backline.

The game along with the Man City match will give us an idea of where we stand as a team.

Management Report

SxNtUP.jpg

iApZ8o.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

45 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck for the PSG game and for the new season. Your squad looks reasonably good and well balanced to me, but perhaps (like me) your back-up striker options might be slightly weak?

My main backup Striker is Grbic. Cardona and Malioda the IF's can play Striker as well. 

I am looking for a possible upgrade though if Romero doesn't start scoring by the end of the season...

11 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

How much longer is Grbic out for? Worth keeping as a back-up or still planning to let him move on?

He is fully fit and starts training after the first game of the season. I will play him and hopefully that attracts a move. There was interest before the injury. He missed the last 2 months of the season and the next preseason, 4 months total. Only problem he isn't in game condition.

He will be hitting the games with Clermont2 for a while. 

23 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

He is fully fit and starts training after the first game of the season. I will play him and hopefully that attracts a move. There was interest before the injury. He missed the last 2 months of the season and the next preseason, 4 months total. Only problem he isn't in game condition.

He will be hitting the games with Clermont2 for a while. 

Good that he is close to being available again, at least to be in the squad until or unless he moves on.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: August 2024

Bernard knew the team would be in for trouble if it didn't take at least 4 points in August. Looking at the schedule there are 5 fixtures and four count for the league.

Optimally looking at the schedule one could write off the trip to Paris that left 9 points for the taking. That was do able but would take some luck.

ORTYPL.jpg

Well the team was still integrating new players and just plain luck...

The month of August opened with a trip to sunny California. The match was against PSG, but the team enjoyed Rodeo Drive. 

This was the competition...

PbWQkW.jpg

The match was surprisingly close....

bd6CJ1.jpg

nj8h8G.jpg

We battled hard, but Neymar did Neymar things that only $40M Dollars can buy. Which by the way is more than my entire team.

The Board reminded us our goals...

kZjYEr.jpg

All reasonable...should be able to accomplish them.

The season started with a visit from OM for the Grand Reopening of Stade Gabriel-Mont Pied!

XZl2jT.jpg

We dominated the game just couldn't convert...we got FM'ed.

We sold 7,800 tickets our Stadium now has roughly 40-45% capacity from Season ticket holders!

jE1K8d.jpg

We then travelled to Reims and played a good game...

C4nF7j.jpg

even if it was Cardona coming of the bench late to score the winner.

The following week we  hosted  Strasbourg in Clermont.

PjNcuo.jpg

another game where we dominated but just couldn't convert.

And now we have to head to Paris to meet the Guillotine...

7YZ6KH.jpg

8rXj8N.jpg

Wonderful isn't it...

Then the Champion's League groups were Drawn...

kjWwcf.jpg

Group of Death for US

The game came as a relief...

CajnZc.jpg

The team was under siege but the team fought hard ...No Shame in this Defeat.

League Table and Team Stats

tsfYSH.jpg

Player of the Month

Irvin Cardona

aaOvcs.jpg

The former Monaco and Brest man has found a home here in the Auvergne.

Just for Laughs see how much money PSG spent.

UD1uxP.jpg

Management Report

ggZIH0.jpg

zxM5rC.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

12 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A tough opening month, but you've run PSG close twice already and now you only have to face them one more time. You're doing fine defensively as usual, I'm sure you will have another good season. It must be good to be home :cool:

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Yup tough start. Sometimes the FM gods are just against you. Good news is it doesn't last ;)

Yes, it was less than ideal, but we were close to winning 3 of the 4 matches in League. I think it is actually the fact that I have so many players settling in and just some bad luck. 

I shouldn't complain...I've had a tremendous amount of good luck so far.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: September 2024

The month of August had been tough...September would feature Five fixtures in roughly two weeks because of the International Break.

yfF0T2.jpg

Looking at the League Schedule Bernard hoped for 3 wins...as for Champions League hoping for a credible showing at home against RB Leipzig.

The International Break gave most of the team a chance to work on Set Pieces and Physical Conditioning outside of matches which would do us in good stead in the upcoming matches.

The first match of the month was Saturday the 14th!

It was a match played by the backups and they put on a show for the Home Crowd with a comfortable 3-1 win over FC Nantes.

The following Tuesday Stade Gabriel Montpied was filled to overflowing with fans witnessing Champion's League Football in Clermont for the first time!

Red Bull Leipzig was a tough Opponent and proved it.

li65nf.jpg

Timo Werner led their team superbly.

Four days later Clermont travelled to the always tough RC Lens hoping to put the defeat in the past.

rbyT48.jpg

The game started well Romero stole the ball off a CB and Scored...unfortunately RC Lens Kamano did his best Neymar imitation and dribbles through our defense and scored.

The match then became a stalemate with neither side really threatening the other.

Three days later the backups would play at home versus FC Lorient...

ztj8p3.jpg

That led to a closer than expected match but Victory was assured by a Irvin Cardona Strike in the closing minutes.

The last match of the month was a dreaded trip to Lyon and OL.

It was played 3 days after the Lorient victory and 3 days before a trip to Madrid.

The First team was rotated in and seemed up for it.

MIFpga.jpg

Famous Victory! Our first against OL since joining Ligue1!

ir9LdG.jpg

Player of the Month

Irvin Cardona

OWf7X6.jpg

It was a tie between Nael Jaby and Cardona. The tie was broken by the fact that Cardona scored crucial goals and came in 2nd for Ligue1 Player of the Month.

Management Report

9G5f66.jpg

sGS7yJ.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: October 2024

The Month of October was going to feature five matches. Two in Champion's League and Three in Ligue1.

Looking at the schedule Bernard would be happy with Three wins.

MCiVor.jpg

Bernard had written off Champions League and planned on playing the backups in those away matches to concentrate on the league.

The month opened in Madrid against Athletico...

JGSDZU.jpg

The backups fought hard and even scored...but it was Morata's night.

That was followed by a visit from "Big Brother " ASSE. It would be a tough match against a comparable team looking for Continental Football next season.

NK9Zon.jpg

The game was a blowout Marc Helm playing instead of Arab who was hurt had his best day in a Clermont Shirt!

The next match was two weeks later due to International Break. Clermont had 5 members away on duty.

We worked on Set-Pieces and Match Preparation as well as Physical Conditioning during the break.

The Media tried to stir up the pot leading to the match with AS Monaco...

EJ3ZqQ.jpg

Old hand Rafa Benitez answered them.

The trip to Monaco was eventful....

O7o2SM.jpg

The team played beautifully...

zfyu9Y.jpg

and Benitez ate his words...

The Media made us the new darlings of the league...

A3oQIr.jpg

We then had a trip to Napoli in the Champions League the backups were sent out again...

MCicAJ.jpg

We looked like the overmatched team we were, but almost tied the game in the last minutes.

The 27th saw us host what should have been a routine win against FC Metz...

DzqZ8S.jpg

But the team had been reading the Press Clippings and Headed 12 balls over the Net!

This Guy played the game of his life...

exsvoD.jpg

rEQrKH.jpg

Player of the Month

Axel Disasi

WcM3hi.jpg

Management Report

vBoEgZ.jpg

kx44bt.jpg

Thanks For Reading

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Losing against Napoli isn't  a shame.  is my fellow countrymen Mertens still playing for them?

I couldn't find Mertens on Napoli. What is his first name. 

This Guy torched me in second match.

2zQGNp.jpg

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I couldn't find Mertens on Napoli. What is his first name. 

This Guy torched me in second match.

2zQGNp.jpg

Dries Mertens  :o all time top scorer of Napoli since scoring last monday and getting a message from Diego  Maradona. 

2 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Dries Mertens  :o all time top scorer of Napoli since scoring last monday and getting a message from Diego  Maradona. 

Found him he is now an unemployed coach having retired 2 years ago after being transferred to CSKA Moscow.

jL3MKu.jpg

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: November 2024

November would again see five matches due to an International Break. Three in League which should be winnable. The Champion's League Fixtures probably not but Bernard decided to play the Starters at home against Napoli to at least try and be competitive.

621glf.jpg

The second day of the month saw Clermont travel to the University town of Montpellier to play. The Backups started so the Starters would be fresh for the Napoli game in a few days.

ZMTpfZ.jpg

Adrian Grbic scored a penalty just before half and Montpellier answered just after half and then the game settled down into a fiery affair that saw Montpellier down to ten men. The absence of leading scorer Cardona was felt because the team could take advantage.

The Napoli game was next in front of a soldout crowd in Clermont.

8Kdnfx.jpg

The team started nervously and Neco Williams was torched repeatedly by Hirving Lozano, but the team did fight back but it wasn't enough.

The Team hosted Bordeaux a few days later just before the Break.

oFvuxw.jpg

It was the Cardona Show!

The Team came back from the International Break and took a trip to Nice. It was a great performance and another two goals for Cardona to lead the team to a 3-0 Win.

Since the Champions League was out of reach Bernard decided to put the Backups in for the trip to Leipzig.

They had played decently in prior outings...

lnpUxf.jpg

It was awful...don't know where to start how bad we were...

AtKqny.jpg

Player of the Month

Irvin Cardona

VCfm0N.jpg

lo6q0h.jpg

Management Report

28RO3d.jpg

I5IWc3.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

Continuing the very good league form, which is more important than winning in Europe (being there is the achievement).

I think you got mixed up with the images as you double posted the Bordeaux one instead of the OGC Nice one :thup:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Question for the Readers?

YROANY.jpg

WOULD YOU SELL?

lo6q0h.jpg

Cardona has been carrying the team leading in goals

Now for the replacements on Team...

oCJRJc.jpg

Our Current Right Winger is just beginning to settle but has an appropriate skillset.

TQgwZ5.jpg

The Backup IF that hasn't really shown anything....

9 hours ago, OlivierL said:

He's a legend! Turned down a couple of moves to England as well. 

@Hootieleece I wouldn't sell for that sort of a deal, unless you need the money. 

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

He's a legend! Turned down a couple of moves to England as well. 

@Hootieleece I wouldn't sell for that sort of a deal, unless you need the money. 

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

He has been important for you, I would only sell if I had confidence in the replacement (either existing player or new signing). Do you need the money? If not he does have a long contract so no real pressure to sell.

I'm not going to sell...I will probably give him a raise.

My latest fixture was against Brest, and Cardona scored and also had a shot deflected in for another by one of my defenders :seagull:

Can I change my mind and suggest you terminate his contract? :lol:

Also, I did my best for Ligue 2 side Clermont by sending them my hot striker prospect Djibril Toure on loan but so far just one goal in five league games there (and one in his cup game).

Edited by Jogo Bonito

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: December 2024

The month of December would have six matches. Five in Ligue1 and our remaining Champion's League fixture. The team would try and win each match.

XKSULO.jpg

The month started with a trip to Nimes. For a match the team should win.

GB1bSj.jpg

Three days later the backups were in at home against Lille, it was a gamble but one Bernard was willing to take.

hSdSGw.jpg

It was a dull affair and our lack of finishing killed us.

But the Media are taking notice of our good form...

lz3Wy9.jpg

The first report on our Youth intake is far from encouraging...

ObPJxx.jpg

on December 7th, Cardona took his show to Rennes...

zex0M9.jpg

On December 11th Atletico Madrid visited Clermont and Bernard played the Starters.

M7e8qB.jpg

There was no stopping Alvaro Morata...The Champion's League finish shows how far we must go to reach our goal.

Four Days later the Angers FCO visited Clermont and on suggestion of the Data Analysis Nerds, Bernard used our not often used 4-1-4-1 Wide Formation.

mbDH3h.jpg

It was a success and again Cardona led the scoring.

The media continued the hype train...

jHa1am.jpg

That Leads to the last fixture of the Year and the Midseason Break.

It was a trip to Brittany to play the table propper EA Guingamp!

kgzsmb.jpg

It was a bore of a game but the team did a professional job.

hEdxAy.jpg

The Team is doing well in Ligue1 sitting 2nd at Midseason.

Somehow I didn't win French Manager of the Year again...coming in Third.

h5NJ3L.jpg

Player of the Month

Kevin Csoboth

h3LBHs.jpg

Csoboth has settled into his role setting up the Cardona scoring Machine.

Management Report

Mg8ZSi.jpg

qqQjOU.jpg

Thanks for Reading

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

27 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

My latest fixture was against Brest, and Cardona scored and also had a shot deflected in for another by one of my defenders :seagull:

Can I change my mind and suggest you terminate his contract? :lol:

Also, I did my best for Ligue 2 side Clermont by sending them my hot striker prospect Djibril Toure on loan but so far just one goal in five league games there (and one in his cup game).

I got him for free from Brest when they were relegated from Ligue1. I got him BECAUSE he was such a thorn in my side when we played them.

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

I got him for free from Brest when they were relegated from Ligue1. I got him BECAUSE he was such a thorn in my side when we played them.

Well he certainly likes to do that! Glad you decided to keep him though.

A great month for you, now in an amazing 2nd position. Excellent stuff from Bernard.

NawFaH.png

Midseason Report: 2024/2025

The team is in a great place and I decided to prove it to myself. 

LuPmah.jpg

This is the Official League Table and Stats

Most interesting is Cardona Leading the League in Goals and Cardona and Jaby 2nd and 3rd for best rating.

199KL1.jpg

This is the Team sorted by apperarances after the GK. Cardona has appeared in the most matches.

Cardona's 18 goals in 23 appearances is incredible.

League Stats

M2Gfis.jpg

This was surprising with me thinking we should be scoring more 37 goals in 20 matches isn't bad.  Only next to PSG's 49.

xVDh5a.jpg

TikiTaka requires possession. We aren't leading the league in that category for first time in 3 years, but 2nd place isn't bad.

hB05C8.jpg

I knew Cardona was scoring a lot of goals but was surprised he was leading goalscorer with 17 and by so many.

PUxgBj.jpg

I didn't forget defense but one reason for our stingy defense is Axel Disasi.

So maybe now I realize I have a good team...

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good thing you didn't sell him! KUTGW 

AS Monaco, his boyhood club, came for him hard. Even declared interest in him. I was willing to sell to them for $40M. They balked and I have offered him a new contract.

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

Going great so far.I'm starting to hate PSG's dominance on your save as much as I hated it one mine.

That is why I call them the Galactic Empire. My entire payroll now matches Neymar's salary. 

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2024

The month of January could be busy with 4 fixtures scheduled and as many as 6 to play because of the Coupe de France Tournament.

The plan is always play backups in the Tournament and Starters in Ligue1 matches. Also there is a reckoning at the end of the month as we host the "Evil Empire"!

sQXW6g.jpg

The month started off with us hosting  Beziers in the Coupe de France.

HkeSOT.jpg

It was demolition even if the score didn't show it. Beziers was kept in the game by this guy making 12 saves!

La14VZ.jpg

Brazilian Goalkeeper...shortlisted.

The Team needed a new Left Back, Meras had served well but his deal was running out and he was injured for 2 months.

GtVliM.jpg

overpaid a bit but happy overall since Gregoire, who is the future, isn't quite ready even is he is in the first team.

Later that day Clermont hosted Reims...

hkvFMv.jpg

The game was more of the Cardona Show.

And the Next Morning a bomb was dropped on the GM's desk.

WsnM2r.jpg

Luckily Jaby wasn't interested, but the amount was almost astounding.

WE HAVE DECIDED THAT JABY IS THE ONE PLAYER WE WILL NEVER SELL!

He is homegrown at the club and We have decided to turn him into Totti if we can.

On another note we said good-bye to faithful servant Anton Grbic. We sent him home...

lGthGb.jpg

We then faced Grenoble in the Coupe de France.

5Uw1wv.jpg

We defeated a familiar face...

and after a week of negotiations just before the Strasbourg match we were able to announce an extension for Cardona!

9dYSzl.jpg

The Game went like many others...this season.

YZqhbf.jpg

Cardona celebrated his new contract by leading the team to victory!

Four days later the Backups took the field against Montpellier in Coupe de France.

Sb0oyU.jpg

The team went down to 10 men and won in Extra Time!

and for our efforts we are rewarded with...

vhR03u.jpg

The Death Star is coming to Clermont in 3 days!

17s4GH.jpg

Cn0fII.jpg

The Press doesn't give us a chance...

6RdZCj.jpg

Neither do our analysts.

At least Neymar may miss the match!

And Then THIS BOMB SHOWED UP since it was the last day of the Transfer Window!

0BVXBo.jpg

I rejected it and Jaby is UNHAPPY!

A8cz39.jpg

FAMOUS VICTORY! We won the Battle of Yavin!

WlKmmJ.jpg

and Palaversa came in third for Player of the month

iGBY5n.jpg

and he wasn't our best player.

TZS8FU.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

tKw12s.jpg

Nael is the heart and soul of this team!

No wonder Man U wants him!

Management Report

jONnpe.jpg

vUQaw7.jpg

Thanks For Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece

Transfer Report: January 2025

SyIVqC.jpg

zICfys.jpg

We were busy bringing in Five new faces and letting a few go.

HRWRZh.jpg

The Five are a new Striker to backup Romero and replace Grbic. A new Left Back  and  two new CB's to upgrade the defense further. The last player was a future replacement for the Right Winger Csoboth.

SKKX73.jpg

The new Striker, a little bit of a luxury but I am enjoying turning other team's castoffs into Gems. This one would embarass PSG!

AyfffQ.jpg

This is the new Left Back I had my I on him and needing to make a decision on the current one led me to him. I probably overpaid.

4gQ0Ur.jpg

One of two new CB's he is a direct replacement for Hountondji as a backup.

SSHHI5.jpg

The other new CB more of a project but he should eventually work his way into the lineup.

I probably need to bring in only one CB but I panicked..

iEzW6G.jpg

This is the long term replacement at Right-Wing.

17 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great to beat PSG, shame that Jaby became unhappy (hope you can change that). Hopefully the new players will do well, and a respectful farewell to to Grbic - quite a lot going on there!

PSG game was a tight ride. Jaby becoming upset is understandable, it was Man U after all. As far as Grbic goes it was the right thing to do. Yes, I got less for him than I should have and I am paying part of his wages, but It was right time and right team.

Cardona had his boyhood club come calling (AS Monaco) I told them to bugger off. (I would have accepted if they paid my price $45M, for him) even though all of these deals are more money than Clermont has ever received for a player. My sale of that prospect to OM for $755k is still the Club Record!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2025

The month would feature five fixtures spread over three weeks. Due to match congestion the backups would be used as needed.

7FFoah.jpg

The first fixture of the month was a trip to Nantes. The Backups played and impressed.

2CIlTe.jpg

Maolida the understudy was taking cues from Cardona.

and the Press started paying attention...

u5rdB3.jpg

We returned home for a tough match with RC Lens...in many ways our mirror image.

hUdFDq.jpg

A great defensive battle was played with neither team giving an inch.

The team set a record...

5IOQRV.jpg

The next game was the Quarterfinal against OL... They had a team to fear...

7KKHH7.jpg

The match came and it was a battle of equals...

J0Lprz.jpg

and only settled with penalties.

We won!

and for our efforts we are rewarded with a fourth meeting with PSG!

Uj69ym.jpg

Four days later the team travelled to Lorient. The backups played because we had another meeting with OL in a week.

r6fGs8.jpg

I would have been happy with a point....Lorient played well but a lucky Strike by SuperSub Palaversa won it.

Six days later OL returned to Clermont looking for revenge...

HGYbJ7.jpg

The extra time off paid dividends...The team played hard and OL gave up after our first goal.

More Press Adulation for our Run...

DaZZ74.jpg

y2hSRf.jpg

Player of the Month

Myziane Maolida

buAnnp.jpg

The backups got some game time and this guy was the Star!

He is Cardona's backup.

Management Report

Dna4NH.jpg

T8VanU.jpg

Thanks For Reading!

41 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You're really on a roll now, excellent work. But please will you stop beating Lorient, you always beat them :herman:

I can't help it...Jogo Bonito isn't their manager.  We'd be friendly rivals for all the best young French talent.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I can't help it...Jogo Bonito isn't their manager.  We'd be friendly rivals for all the best young French talent.

Kind words, but I'm aware your job and what you have achieved at Clermont is a much better effort than me getting a fairly strong Lorient side promoted. You've been consistent over a number of years, but are now really taking extra steps.