Hootieleece

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Congratulations on the cup win!! That must have felt good :lock:

Yes it did feel good the only thing that would have made it feel better was beating PSG for it.

Both my Cup wins have happened when PSG lost before the final.

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Congratz with the cup, great job against Lens

31 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes congrats on the Cup win! Unlucky against Arsenal but a good run to reach that stage.

Thanks guys. The Cup win was the pinnacle of our success this season, but now the hard part begins. Keeping our best players. 

For Example: Our Captain, Till Cissokho is NOW getting interest from Premier League Teams and is refusing to renegotiate with us even though I am prepared to pay him. In past seasons I only had to worry about Chinese Teams.

Matias Palacios will probably have suitors as well. Because he was best non-goal scorer in the Euro Cup. He had most assists and highest average rating.

Yes that will be difficult to navigate when such interest happens. I keep getting offered Till & Disasi but have a solid defence anyway and I consider them 'your' players!

The second striker option I had in the summer (Fares) ended up joining Clermont on a free in my game. I definitely did the right thing going for the more expensive option.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: May 2027

May would be a relatively easy month on the schedule with only four fixtures on the schedule. All were in Ligue1 and all were winnable. The Rennes match was the trickiest and the rest were relegation fodder, but that didn't mean we could rest on our laurels.

Lp4uGg.jpg

The month began with a trip to Rodez Ayeron and a game against two of our players. 

Wmkaw9.jpg

The strongest team was employed. Stanislas Limbombe-20A played a great game as well as Matias Palacios and Daniel Labila, who came off the bench to complete the rout.

mxuitk.jpg

This is how well we played.

The Rennes match was next and they had a decent Lineup.

WiJtpM.jpg

Fekir is the most notable name but all of them are good players. Ricciardi has given us problems in the past.

2zbUi2.jpg

The game got off to a decent start but Rennes played tough. Cardona went down and Limbombe-20A took over as IF and scored just before halftime. The 2nd half we had chances but couldn't finish.

Rennes scored on the most FM screwjob ever. The Rennes goalie punched a shot out to a waiting winger who then sprinted through my whole team to score on a near post shot in the last minute of Extra-time!

Cardona injury was a bad one and will keep us from selling him this Summer.

aCRE5N.jpg

The next fixture was a trip to Amiens a relegation threatened team.

dXfKRJ.jpg

Maximilliano Romero starting at Striker had a terrible day and missed a penalty. Nael Jaby Scored in the 84th minute and then in a Repeat of the week before Amiens scored a game tying goal!

but at least Cissokho and Jaby are getting looks for French National Team!

qLpIP0.jpg

The final game of the season was played in Clermont against relegated Dijon FCO. Bernard played a Strong Team but was missing Jaby due to suspension.

tChLxv.jpg

It was a professional Job and the Fans were pleased.

With the win the qualifies for Champion's League Playoffs again.

qgvjvr.jpg

The Board was miserly with New Budget.

3FXpTu.jpg

The plan is to try and keep everyone and make another run in Euro Cup.

League Table and Team Stats

bKjqPw.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

BSDyGJ.jpg

Palacios kept up his sparkling form this month.

Awards Night

YtG2qP.jpg

Ms8WmD.jpg

I can't disagree with any of the choices and Maxence Riehl was a revelation in his appearances as Nael Jaby's understudy.

Season Review

PkvcY5.jpg

Final Ligue1 Table

css33f.jpg

Squad sorted by appearances

esSQFO.jpg

Ligue1 Stats

AqSCIz.jpg

As you can see we were the second best scoring team in Ligue1. Even though I complain about scoring!

BwPmLc.jpg

This is how much of an effect that Nael Jaby and our DLP have on a game.

133 Key Passes!

and this is with Palacios coming in 2nd in the League with most chances created with 19!

Teams of the Year

RUYniZ.jpg

xRBzyI.jpg

Krapikas gets recognition as a goalie even if he doesn't win Goalkeeper of the year vote because he isn't even on the ballot.

and Cissokho establishes himself as one of the best defenders in Europe!

Player of the Year

Nael Jaby

gJFx0k.jpg

Jaby was again with his steadiness and precise passing the metronome of the team.

There were challengers for the award in Stanislas Limbombe-20A and Matias Palacios but Jaby had made more appearances.

Champions League Review!

91gQG7.jpg

1w4iFp.jpg

Of note is Matias Palacios award winning performances.

Management Report

8qHnUu.jpg

1FEjWY.jpg

Thanks for Reading.

Hi mate.Great career there!If i remember correct Cardona has duall citizenship(French/Maltese) i tired in past to convice him to play with Malta but he always reject it.He has any caps with them in your save?

18 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Hi mate.Great career there!If i remember correct Cardona has duall citizenship(French/Maltese) i tired in past to convice him to play with Malta but he always reject it.He has any caps with them in your save?

In my career he is only a French Citizen...born in Nimes. He has been on my team for 5 seasons and has scored 55 league goals for us! Not bad ROI for $3.2M.

Here are his Profile Screenshots

4UaB6c.jpg

zYiYCH.jpg

HGgDPt.jpg

j0ksnY.jpg

and Thanks for Reading!

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Another excellent season. Finishing 3rd is yet another endorsement to your methods and top four finishes are routine now. But can you keep the side together and can you take the next steps?

Good luck working on these challenges :)

That is the challenge...keeping it together.

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

In my career he is only a French Citizen...born in Nimes. He has been on my team for 5 seasons and has scored 55 league goals for us! Not bad ROI for $3.2M.

Here are his Profile Screenshots

4UaB6c.jpg

zYiYCH.jpg

HGgDPt.jpg

j0ksnY.jpg

and Thanks for Reading!

Thanks for the answer mate.:thup:

NawFaH.png

Silly Season: June 2027

Another Silly season is upon us will the Clermont Backroom Staff make any crazy moves. Bernard is relatively happy with the team as constituted, but would move for the right type of player. 

Bernard's biggest concern is a big name club coming for Club Captain Cissokho. Also Palacios will probably want a raise as well.  There are a few players Bernard is willing to sell...for the right price.

The only position that could be significantly upgraded in Starting XI is GK.

Krapikas had a good season with a club record 22 shut outs and made the Ligue1 All-Star XI. He is also responsible for some glaring mistakes that cost us points. 

That being said Clermont probably can't afford a true upgrade.

After The parties and Awards banquets the Board met with Bernard for his vision of the future.

kMNvxI.jpg

ys4dbU.jpg

xICN7k.jpg

He made the case for upgrading the Facilities to help keep Clermont up near the top of the Football World.

soI6iR.jpg

Clermont's Commercial Success is becoming tangible...Palacios is selling shirts!

but there is a downside to the numbers...We have to keep up our European Football Success to keep the books balanced.

The other members suggested we give Palacios a new contract and he became our Highest paid player!

LFAkSg.jpg

Soon after that negotiation Cissokho was offered and his negotiations were quite enjoyable unlike Palacios's.

ncjkJJ.jpg

The Captain got a raise but also gave us a bit of a discount.

The new season is closing in and Stade Gabriel-Montpied is mentioned as a stadium to visit!

ajdnwE.jpg

Our Young player of the Year, Riehl, was a transfer target of newly promoted FC Metz. The offer was refuse it would have shattered the amount a Clermont player ever sold for but since Bernard has European Ambitions he isn't about to weaken the team for a few dollars.

He needed a new deal...

kJINMH.jpg

A little bit of an overpay but our midfield engine will always have good performances.

Clermont has made the first page of Continental Rankings and is the 2nd most reputable Ligue1 Club!

XuVRwz.jpg

The Ligue1 Schedule came out and it starts out tough considering we will also be playing in the CL Playoffs as well the first month.

H0NH6X.jpg

Watford came for RB Nico Williams twice offering $13.5M for him. The offer was declined and he needed a new deal.

5pow5e.jpg

Transfers

This is where Clermont had some misadventures this year. We wanted a new goalie had one signed and the scouting meeting brought up a much better prospect.

bvPdk5.jpg

Lucas Bergstrom

rls6BS.jpg

Lucas was brought in as an equivalent backup of new First Choice GK. A GK Competition was going to determine it.

Colin Pearce

oIb68Z.jpg

Colin was brought in because he was a Free and looked talented enough to maybe become our Striker and if not we could make some money.

Maximillian Alt

AOS94h.jpg

Is the new #1 GK, he was the late Scouting meeting  entrant after we had signed Bergstrom. He was trained at Bayern and is rated 4 Stars which is better than either Bergstrom or Krapikas.

Team Report

L2npEA.jpg

Management Report

baL2uh.jpg

ZKjxBF.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Excellent progress both on and off the pitch. As Jogo says the challenge is to keep moving forward! I like the look of the new keeper. 

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

You've made some brilliant progress,now it's just PSG in the way of you becoming the best team in France!

Hopefully we can make some Progress on the Evil Empire this season.

I have played the Preseason and there is definite Progress.

NawFaH.png

Preseason: July 2027

Bernard was relatively happy after the silly season with the team he would be taking into the season. There were positions that could be upgraded, but the budget didn't really allow for that. So Bernard decided to play a large amount of matches in the preseason to get conditioning in. Since the Board would not pay for a Training Camp away from France. Clermont would play the majority of these games at home.

JdihiL.jpg

The month began with the traditional match between the first and second teams.

TrbQcb.jpg

It was tough match because the Clermont2 players were mad they weren't in the first team and had something to prove. The refereeing was tight and 3 goals were disallowed due to offsides.

The next game was against local team Grenoble.

Gt1IHs.jpg

The Training Camp began and newly promoted and relegated sides were invited to play at Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

QxSwyD.jpg

s9Iy1c.jpg

SmRCco.jpg

Training Camp was successful and now the highlight match of our Preseason. 

CL Champions Manchester United come to Clermont!

3ii0h6.jpg

Camavinga leaving weakens PSG!

spAQU1.jpg

Manchester United match sells out....

1QVF9f.jpg

And the team gives the fans a Thriller!

MhamdG.jpg

It was a comeback for the ages...even if it was my backups against their backups in the second half...D. de Gea is still stops everything!

a few days later the hangover of the party after beating Man U must of have remained...

wDIi9h.jpg

because we were lackluster against an average Birmingham team.

The Bookies made the odds for Ligue1

fGzrOY.jpg

We are expected to be a top 5 team...getting some respect. toppling PSG is still the goal but minimum expectation in 5th place.

b0sfTN.jpg

Our Leading Scorer Limbombe-20A has a chance but will miss the first month of the season and need to do better than 14 goals.

The final dress rehearsal for the Starters was against Anderlecht.

O8qOoY.jpg

It was a comfortable win. Anderlecht got a late goal that didn't effect the game.

The final dress rehearsal for the backups was against Antwerp.

tgTIeB.jpg

That brings us to the Last match of July. It is the Trophee des Champions match against PSG.

The game would be played in Basel, Switzerland.

6aK42j.jpg

PSG has a good squad even without Camavinga, but their defense will be a little worse.

kJTDJc.jpg

The bookies were picking PSG...

v7Q4xC.jpg

We completely dominated them their goal came in the closing minutes and didn't matter. 

iL6zw8.jpg

These were the players involved in the Victory!

4yly1V.jpg

ntZljL.jpg

It was Nael Jaby's play that allowed us to dominate the game.

F3g7hf.jpg

9 key passes and an Assist!

FGi3cA.jpg

OGa1x8.jpg

Player of the Month

Daniel Labila

VLr4VE.jpg

The backup Striker, whom Andelecht is interested in, was able to show his ability since Stanislas Limbombe-20A is injured.

Management Report

H8md4N.jpg

fYZ6lg.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: August 2027

The month of August wouldn't be too busy with only four fixtures. Bernard had thought that the team would need to qualify four Champion's League again this season. Thankfully no is the answer.

D17uFp.jpg

All four of the matches were winnable but the opener would be a tough one...against OM.

The month began with the Board reminding me of the expectations for the season.

1baCk6.jpg

They pretty much are asking for more of the same...and Champions League is already done.

The Season tickets keep growing were about 70% of capacity of Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

vsQCPu.jpg

The first match was a trip to Marseilles for a tricky match against OM. Their Manager Rene Weiler used to work in Clermont.

6diToJ.jpg

The match was two even sides, OM played a 4-1-4-1 formation and parked the bus. It frustrated our attacks and a longball led to them scoring a goal just before halftime. After a Halftime dressing down Clermont again got on the front foot and scored on a Corner. The game came down to us playing set-pieces and them defending valiantly.

The Home opener was against LOSC Lille, a decent team but not our equal. A half-rotated squad took them on...

nqDYe0.jpg

It was the Said Arab show he scored two goals and assisted on another leading the rout.

The third mame of the month was a trip to visit newly promoted FC Nantes another half-rotated squad was played...the biggest worry was at DLP where Maxence Riehl was in for the injured Nael Jaby.

P0MPqi.jpg

Riehl did his best Jaby imitation but our finishing let us down.

Soon after the Nantes match the Champions League Groups were drawn...Bernard was hoping for a group like last season where he could get Third and a Euro Cup entry.

Lr49be.jpg

The Group has two perennial teams in it but with a little luck we might get a result against Juventus or SLB. We should be able to beat RB Salzburg but will have to be careful.

The last match of the month was OGC Nice visiting Clermont...

DYWmXN.jpg

Another Half-Rotated Squad played and was led by Vice-Captain Baiye and Riehl dominating the Midfield.

xSmKxn.jpg

Transfer Window

Just before the end of the month rivals OL came after our best U19 player...they came after him multiple times and I drove up the price hoping to deter them. Finally I said yes when I discovered he was short... and they spent more than twice the Club record.

GAVgvK.jpg

52QVbd.jpg

I hope the decision doesn't comeback to haunt me in five years.

The other teams weren't shy about spending money...

Tyeg7L.jpg

8IZHVH.jpg

PSG spent almost all the money they made from selling Camavinga and Tessier!

Player of the Month

Maxence Riehl

2u62Yh.jpg

Nael Jaby's understudy had a great month subbing for him and barely put a foot wrong.

Management Report

5JGwZM.jpg

T8MDSv.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

6 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A great win over PSG and a steady start in the league again. Your group in Europe is still tough but good luck aiming for 3rd. Nice to see Daniel Labila doing well when he gets a chance.

Thanks for the support. Anderlecht came after him hard but didn't offer value so I kept him. Honestly I probably have 2 too many strikers...Limbombe-20A, Romero, Labila, and Cardona.

Luckily Cardona and Limbombe-20A can play IF which leaves another player out in the cold snatching for chances Maolida. 

I've gotten offers to loan out Romero but again would rather have him available to cover injuries.

Cardona was the player I was looking to move over the summer but his Hip injury canceled that thought. I might over the Winter but it has to be a good offer and I won't shop him unless he kicks up a fuss.

I have good depth with just  very good players, but no World-Class ones. The closest is Palacios.

I think generally three strikers and one 'capable of playing there' is about right. It also helps if you have a promising youngster in the squad below to call on. If you can keep all four then it's not a bad thing at all. Cardona is the oldest of them?

Edited by Jogo Bonito

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I think generally three strikers and one 'capable of playing there' is about right. It also helps if you a promising youngster in the squad below to call on. If you can keep all four then it's not a bad thing at all. Cardona is the oldest of them?

Cardona-30 has scored 55 goals in 5 years for $3.2M

Romero-28 a bit of a flair player had a decent first season 15 goals but I had to bring back Limbombe-20A for HGC rules.

Labila-24  350k signing. great backup

Limbombe-20A-22. Prodigal son. and #1 Striker had 18 goals (14 in league) 

Clermont2-(Young American Under 21's, 4 star rated)

" ******"-20

Hessenthaller-18

You know your players much better than anyone, but if you need to lose one I would say it should be in the order you wrote them (Cardona first). If you can keep all four and they are all happy with their game time, and finances aren't forcing you to trim numbers, they all have a part to play :thup:

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: September 2027

September would be a busy month with 6 fixtures and an International Break. Four matches in Ligue1 and two in the CL.

uJxGRf.jpg

All the matches were winnable if we played our best.

The month opened up with a tough trip to Lyon to play OL at the Groupama Stadium. Clermont considers them rivals, but it has been one sided lately with OL winning the last five in a row.

ICa2rH.jpg

The game didn't start off well with OL scoring three minutes in Palacios  answered right away and then the match became a contest of two team that were equal and not giving an inch. Palacios scored again but was answered again by Ikone.  The match looked like it would be a tie when in the last minute of Extra time The boys launched a counterattack that was finished by a superb Linbombe-20A goal.

A few days later the team traveled to Salzburg, Austria to play RB Salzburg in the Champions League. The team was expected to have a tough night.

W8fvyd.jpg

Even though the team won on a different night we could have lost 2-0! 

After the last two tough matches both Bernard and the team were expecting a easy match against visiting Angers SCO.

g0NQMg.jpg

It was not meant to be...Angers fought hard on every blade of grass and got superb goalkeeping and in the end one desperate route one counterattack in the final minutes and a GK mistake gave them the win.

The loss hurt in if we had played better overall we would have won easily.

Four days later we headed to Nimes Olympique for a match that would see us play a tough mid-table team.

oxpYuU.jpg

Again we didn't get off to a good start...the game was looking bleak and them Romero was brought on...

He scored a brace to tie the game and set up Maolida's winner! It was an incredible comeback.

Three days later a tough Rennes team came calling to Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

dy7rI3.jpg

It was another nail biter...again the team started poorly and fell behind. LB Gregoire committed a foul that set up a Freekick on which Rennes scored.  He made up for it scoring on a beautiful shot just before halftime. In the second half neither side could best the other until Emre Can was giving his marching orders. Rennes played dogged defense and it looked like they would escape with a draw when Said Arab scored in the 90th minute to get us the victory.

Four days later Juventus came to town expecting to blow us out of our stadium.

cV9KWK.jpg

Even with their injuries and poor form they were favorites.

Ci25ZR.jpg

cAFPyQ.jpg

The game started well Cissokho scored on an early corner and that forced them to play catchup....our defense was sound until Diogo Jota scored in the 89th minute....it was gutting until just a minute later Juventus's defense was undone by a clinical counterattack finished off by Daniel Labila for the Win!

TSEIKs.jpg

Player of the Month

Cedric Gregoire

jNSAQX.jpg

Cedric Gregoire has made his case to take over the LB spot in the starting lineup with his play this month. He was brought from OM with the proceeds of the Limbombe-20A original sale. He has worked his way up the through the youth team and Clermont2. He has been the backup on the First team for several years, but has patiently waited his turn,

Management Report

yxBYGt.jpg

ioDgtj.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Nice bit of Zebre crossing off there, great to see Daniel win the game for you. Good going in the league, results are always more important than performances in the virtual world. Just 'don't look back in Angers' over the one loss as it's been a great month.

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Nice bit of Zebre crossing off there, great to see Daniel win the game for you. Good going in the league, results are always more important than performances in the virtual world. Just 'don't look back in Angers' over the one loss as it's been a great month.

I "won't look back in Angers" if the season see our team creating a "Champagne Supernova" at the end by lifting the title over PSG!

Otherwise I will think on the 3 lost points.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: October 2027

October would feature five fixtures. Four Ligue1 matches and 1 Champions League match. The Big matches were PSG's visit to Clermont and the trip to Lisbon. Both happen after the International Break.

VigjNS.jpg

The month began with a trip to Toulouse... the team was playing well...

fCl1NZ.jpg

The team escaped with a win...it was another night of dogged defending and great goal keeping that Frustrated our offensive efforts.  Palacios made the breakthrough in the 80th minute!

PSG was coming to Clermont...

f3nPL7.jpg

This is a decent side...:( looks like were in for it.

Even though we were at home, PSG were the favorites.

sEWSQd.jpg

The Team had other ideas...

EHl6Ab.jpg

Matsima scored on an early Corner and Palacios scored after stealing the ball...to put us two ahead. The team was on the front foot until Pogba scored a Worldie just before Halftime. We came out and just dominated them in the second half and won the game.

The result put us on top of the table!

Five days after the PSG Triumph the Team headed to Lisbon...

aeMJBL.jpg

The team started over confident and Bernard made some questionable playing time decisions, there was an early Clermont goal disallowed by VAR, but for the first 70 minutes SLB played like a Buzzsaw. In an unusual move Bernard put 3 subs on at once including Daniel Labila. He made immediate impact scoring 2 minutes later. and Stanislas Limbombe-20A scored in the 88th minute but it was too little too late.

Four days later the team headed to the Atlantic Coast to play Bordeaux.  The team started out lackluster...but a Halftime hairdryer got results!

Xb4U7v.jpg

Five days later Strasbourg came to Clermont...a half-rotated team was played since Strasbourg was far down the table.

sibAcu.jpg

It was a good night for Sam Magari the homegrown club player started off the scoring and the team played well.

vLuWoB.jpg

Player of the Month

Maxence Riehl

0Kt3K5.jpg

Another month and another couple of appearances a Riehl is looking like the real deal and is really making the midfield clogged with 4 players for two spots.

Management Report

zmg2d7.jpg

yo8Sqw.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

40 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Really great results especially beating PSG. The tide is turning for you there. Unlucky against Benfica in lovely Lisbon.

It is only October...I'm not ordering any Dom Perignon yet.

39 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Clermont foot is the new  PSG ! :)

Not exactly...2-3 of their players salaries equals my entire Payroll.  Also I would need to win the Ligue1 title for at least the next TEN years!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: November 2027

November would see five fixtures. Four in Ligue1 and one in Champions League. Also unusually four of the five matches are at home.

HJO9UW.jpg

It is great to be on top of the Ligue1 but we are going to have to be careful to stay there!

November opened with SLB coming to Stade Gabriel-Montpied. It was a much expected match and a win would do great things for our European Ambitions.

gZQH4L.jpg

The team wanted revenge for the loss in Lisbon and were clinical at finishing and had to be since SLB had the ball more than we did, but the match could have gone either way. 

FsLYIs.jpg

The next match was a trip to Metz this was a classic "Trap Game" since it came between two more "important" games and was against a team far down the table.

m7CbKe.jpg

And it was the Rotated Side was ineffectual against FC Metz and their Wonder goal was all it took to beat us.

In other news: Clermont expanded its Affiliates to include former landlord Chateauroux as our main French Affiliate. Bernard really wanted another Foreign one but the list provided only had French teams.

sUGnZ2.jpg

After the International Break, Relegation Fodder Havre AC came calling...

pgKOoo.jpg

The Backups played and luckily Daniel Labila's early goal was all that was needed.

Three Days later RB Salzburg came to town and this was a Big Match. If Clermont won our place in the Knockout Rounds was assured.

and we won 2-1!

(No Screenshots)

The last match of the month was against Reims. Another team of table proppers.

The Backups would play and have to do a professional job.

M2fTif.jpg

Romero got the needed goal in the 85th minute because Reims gave us a game.

UTcTAu.jpg

Player of the Month

Nael Jaby

CYmxXz.jpg

The Midfield Marshal has responded to Riehl's attempt to steal his Baton!

Both are playing well and competing for the DLP spot.

To show how close the competition really is...look at the Ligue1 Stats:

cffCzN.jpg

They have almost identical numbers of Key passes and if only one of them was playing the position. Either would probably be leading the category like Jaby did last season.

Management Report

vdUTde.jpg

xYXQVD.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: December 2027

December has five fixtures. Four in Ligue1 and a trip to Turin for a CL match. All will happen in 18 days. The most important match is the trip to Monaco and League Leaders AS Monaco.

Yfoenf.jpg

The month would get off to a fast start a short trip to our Evil Twin RC Lens which would be a tough match.

P69dj9.jpg

The best defense in Ligue1 proved it that day and it took a late goal by SuperSub Daniel Labila to get the draw.

Three days later perennial Clermont whipping boys FC Lorient visited Stade Gabriel-Montpied.

qzczny.jpg

They knew what was gonna happen because We wanted REVENGE!

The 9th round fixtures for Coupe de France were drawn...

MzsDd5.jpg

Clermont received a much harder draw than was expected.

Six Clermont Players featured in the Team of the Week thanks to FC Lorient...

805bp2.jpg

Three days after the Lorient Game the team headed to Turin for another battle with Juventus!

fbmx1x.jpg

It was a battle of equals that it look like Clermont had edged until Super Sub Nicholas Pepe scored to tie the match in the closing minutes.

and Palacios put on a show...

zmFsse.jpg

The Youth Preview isn't promising...good thing Bernard can sign other players...

U0T9jk.jpg

The Day after the Juventus Draw the Hype began for the trip to Monaco...

faYMA2.jpg

They use the same formation but try to overwhelm your defense with sheer numbers in the box and crosses from out wide. While playing good defense which is a Diego Simeone trademark.

XCHcGd.jpg

The Stats Geeks were pessimistic as well...

3iRXHG.jpg

P7YPH3.jpg

It was an incredibly nervy contest between equals which Clermont took control of when Nael Jaby scored a screamer just before halftime. AS Monaco tried their hardest to get back in the match and did when Rony Lopes scored a goal late in the second half. Then in a counterattack started by a botched Set-Piece Daniel Labila a late sub scored the match winner.

The day after our triumph in Monaco the team found out who they would play in the Knockout Round of the CL.

4kJ06V.jpg

A difficult test for sure but the team is playing well...

The final match of the month was ASSE's visit to Clermont. The team was well prepared to give "Big Brother" the reception they deserved.

sGxKpD.jpg

A professional version of taking them behind the woodshed and beating their A**!

Stanislas Limbombe-20A was spectacular as IF.

The Clermont2 team got a boost when this player was signed to become the latest in DLP's in the pipeline.

wEQI94.jpg

He only cost $500k and if he stays at Clermont he can become an HGC.

Bernard was the 2nd runner-up for Coach of the Year...

scsom5.jpg

Bernard wasn't unhappy about since he had won the award before.

Another Award for a Clermont player...

QLmswf.jpg

and he was a Free Agent!

The Hype is beginning for the Coupe de France Clash...

5430Ow.jpg

and we signed Limbombe-20A to an extension...

g3sJxv.jpg

AzYKZ3.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

Yf84v7.jpg

Management Report

AL79CZ.jpg

Rahumn.jpg

Midseason Report

oyo34r.jpg

Squad sorted by Appearances

AO5ryG.jpg

Palacios and Williams have been the most important players so far this season.

League Stats

qoisCE.jpg

One reason for the team being in First is the fact that we are 2nd in goals scored.

xvKnut.jpg

and tied for 2nd in goals allowed.

but the most telling stat about this season is our two most important players are top of the charts in distance covered.

J9c0PE.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

A really good month for you but there was one disappointing result I saw :lol:

The headline writers would have been writing 'Orange Squash' for that latest hammering!

Well done on rising back to top, with the help of young Daniel as your top scorer.

A really good month for you but there was one disappointing result I saw :lol:

The headline writers would have been writing 'Orange Squash' for that latest hammering!

Well done on rising back to top, with the help of young Daniel as your top scorer.

I think of it more as "Orange Crushed", but you will be happy to know they let their latest inept manager go after the game.

This life at the top is tough...I am 7 points ahead of my 2 points a game will win me a title. I might be looking at those two banana peel games as the difference if I don't pull this off.

Daniel has had his share of starts, but seems to do better as a Sub scoring the important goals. I think it is because he is more of a Advanced Forward than a Pressing Forward.

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: January 2028

January has a minimum of Four fixtures depending on Coupe de France results scheduled around an International Break. The match against AS Monaco in the Coupe de France is the toughest of the bunch.

WH3Bxy.jpg

The month began with AS Monaco arriving in Clermont looking for revenge...Diego Simeone's squad was definitely capable.

Jd6EL6.jpg

It was a match where everything went right except finishing chances.

fvyj1R.jpg

kFiLQT.jpg

Bernard was distraught to go out that early in defense of the trophy.

A week later the team headed to Lille to play LOSC. This would be a tricky match...

JP8BOh.jpg

d7vjJL.jpg

It was more of the same...this time the LOSC GK "stood on his head" and made every save possible.

Luckily the International Break came and gave us a chance to work on things and we had a match against Table proppers FC Nantes next...

FC Nantes arrived in Clermint on a 5 match losing streak this season and an 11 match losing streak to Clermont...

Lk41dq.jpg

xaaFzU.jpg

This match began as anyone would expect with Clermont scoring...thing were going ok until...Jaby had his Steven Gerrard 2014 moment with a backpass to the goalie which was intercepted and scored with by Nantes Striker.

Near the end of the match FC Nantes went ahead but almost immediate Ante Palaversa scored a screamer to tie it. Clermont upped the pressure but couldn't score the winner...more points thrown away.

The team signed a young Spanish LB to train at Clermont and become Homegrown.

69GbGN.jpg

The final match of the month was a trip to Nice and a game against OGC Nice.

c9ORxa.jpg

It was an ugly match but Limbombe-20A scored the winner and made up for his poor performances earlier in the month.

j4d6CF.jpg

Player of the Month

Stanislas Limbombe-20A

F0dBoE.jpg

Limbombe-20A had ups and downs this month but overall lived up to his new contract.

Management Report

bIH6ig.jpg

Hzq58N.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

40 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A tough month indeed,very similar to my last month in fact. Hopefully the win puts you back on track again :thup:

I am in 2nd 1 point behind AS Monaco for the title. At least I'm ahead of PSG!

Edited by Hootieleece

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: February 2028

February had 6 fixtures. Five in Ligue1 and one in the CL, which is at RB Liepzig.

eCsng0.jpg

The month opened with a visit from our rivals from Lyon. Playing them is always a tricky match.

YtfDev.jpg

The starters were up for it and streaked to a 3-0 lead a late score by OL didn't change the outcome.

Several days later a good young centerback extended his stay with the club. He is a couple of seasons from joining the First XI.

ZU7fpV.jpg

I did the deal in many ways to end the endless transfers from other teams about him.

The second game of the month saw Angers FCO visit Clermont. Even though Bernard wanted to pile it on...the half-rotated squad went through the motions.

hLOyLa.jpg

It was a sloppy game but Said Arab saved the day in the 81rst minute!

Jose Mourinho keeps looking for a job...I don't think he'll get the LOSC job.

4PAYVp.jpg

Nimes Olympique visited Stade Gabriel-Montpied.  Nimes is a streaky team...

dCcbeg.jpg

Nimes scored early and the game looked like it devolve into another bad day in the office...until Daniel Labila was brought on as a Sub. He changed the game by scoring 2 goals near the end.

The trip to Rennes was a bit nerve wracking to say the least. The Backups were playing so that the First XI would be ready for the match against Leipzig in a few days.

vUcnmd.jpg

The team took the lead then surrendered it. Said Arab tied it up and not often used Utility man Fulgini scored the winner in extra time.

In signing news, The team decided to spend on a young English Inside Forward.  Amoebi it is hoped will be the future at the IF position on the left.

yyxbiW.jpg

EMHuZN.jpg

The $5M is a little steep but there seemed to be no other Academy aged players available for that position.

The Hype began for the RB Leipzig match...

FCGSK9.jpg

Not a bad team but mostly Newgens. The player of interest for French Football Fans is the CB Konate.

3vR7uS.jpg

The Nerds thought we had a chance....

PSSxOE.jpg

The match was a horror show...we were outplayed from the first whistle and looked like a Sunday in the Park Team. A Halftime "Hairdrying" by Bernard inspired a little effort and led to a goal, but the match was not even close as the score shows. At least we got an away goal.

After the disaster in Leipzig, Bernard sat ALL of the starting XI for the Toulouse Match...

iNuiPu.jpg

The game started off well with Senna Miangue scoring and the team in general creating more chances...Then Toulouse scored a worldie and believed they had a chance. It became another match where our finishing let us down.

The team now heads to the Death Star...

R3JcNe.jpg

but the Stormtroopers look beatable this year.

HVbwth.jpg

Player of the Month

Till Cissokho

3IB5hL.jpg

The Captain led the back line by example in every match he was involved in. (except the Leipzig debacle. Nobody played well)

and we are lucky to have him. He is a real set-piece gem both for attacking and defending.

Management Report

32B9J3.jpg

EIdI2E.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

10 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

PSG being dominated looks great. Keep up the good work and destory plastic monaco :)

That is the plan this season...but I'm not sure AS Monaco is "Plastic". Diego Simeone is their manager and his teams play good defense. We have played them twice this season and split so far each winning at the others stadium. The third and final meeting is in May! 

Probably for the title.

Since the League Leaders have distanced themselves from the mid-table and there is now a top four.

It's really tragic bad luck that the first year PSG has some struggles, you now find Monaco have lifted themselves to greater heights than usual.

You are still doing very well, and have a decent chance of getting the trophy!

in my game I just saw that Till & Disasi are both out of contract (good value for some manager that gets lucky - but not needed by me). Young Daniel is still coveted by PSG in my version, which is a shame as he does well for you,

30 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

It's really tragic bad luck that the first year PSG has some struggles, you now find Monaco have lifted themselves to greater heights than usual.

You are still doing very well, and have a decent chance of getting the trophy!

in my game I just saw that Till & Disasi are both out of contract (good value for some manager that gets lucky - but not needed by me). Young Daniel is still coveted by PSG in my version, which is a shame as he does well for you,

Disasi will probably be out at the end of his contract after next season. I have some good prospects in the team and in the Clermont2 team. Till Cissokho is going to remain with the team if I have anything to do with it. He is the team leader in appearances under Bernard with about 250.

Daniel wanted a new contract. Till talked him out of it, but I decided to try and negotiate. Didn't get past the initial stage...luckily I have about 9 more months to try again. 

Biggest problem is that he is a great Supersub and doesn't do much when a starter, but wants more playing time.  

Some players seem to do better as subs, that's true. Hopefully you can give him enough action to keep him happy.

It's good that you have kept so many originals, I applaud you for that.

One thing I have learned playing the last two FM's never make too many player moves. It disrupts the harmony of the team and leads to bad performances. It can be mitigated somewhat with Team Bonding Practice Sessions, but not the Tactical Familiarity.

Also I was determined to keep my best players. Most of whom are also my HGC's which I need for Europe Registration. Since team doesn't seem to create good youth products except the one the board sells to our rivals!

NawFaH.png

Regular Season: March 2028

March has four fixtures in 19 days. Three in Ligue1 and the Second Leg against Leipzig.

lu96pa.jpg

The month opened as we noted at the end of last month with a trip to Paris.

KC5Goq.jpg

The match didn't start off well with PSG scoring within 20 minutes, but then settled down to a defensive affair with both sides having chances and our Messi clone tied the game late...Bernard will take the draw.

Our U-19's are battling for the top with AS Monaco's U-19's too...

A2XPaX.jpg

Bordeaux came to visit Stade Gabriel-Montpied in the second match of the month. The Backups played the game to ready ourselves for the match against Leipzig.

BdnHes.jpg

It was a pretty boring match Clermont was in control and it would have been nice to score more...but a win is a win.

The fans started getting hyped for the second leg against RB Leipzig and the team didn't want to let them down.

The stats boys gave us an outside chance of overturning the defeat in the first leg.

8X7EG4.jpg

Gameday came and everyone was primed...

U3j2uc.jpg

Clermont played on the front foot all game. An early goal by us was disallowed by VAR and score was tied at halftime. It would take an epic effort to advance and Bernard rallied the the troops.

Midway throught the 2nd half Disasi scored off a Corner and then in the 81rst minute Palacios scores the second goal...the unbelievable has happen if Clermont hold on we advance! Just 4 minutes later in true FM fashion the Leipzig Striker out jumps Cissokho and scores a header. Then there are a furious series of counterattacks and set pieces by Clermont but they are all denied by Leipzig's GK.

Our CL fairytale has ended for this year...We'll be back. Bernard promised himself.

g0aEZa.jpg

The Team got a look at its Youth Intake...

IXk1Pl.jpg

and this is the best player...

nzQ755.jpg

I think he will turn into a Nael Jaby type DLP after some serious training.

The final match before the International Break was a trip to Strasbourg. It was a business trip.

The team played well but Palacios was the difference again!

cqrKll.jpg

The Media are seeming to notice our good form...

Wkj3fs.jpg

WmGF6l.jpg

Player of the Month

Matias Palacios

Sd3Mpq.jpg

Our Messi...bigger faster stronger and more fragile...The highest paid Clermont player is earning his wages with his recent performances in leading the team to wins!

Management Report

V83eFT.jpg

8RQ99V.jpg

Thanks for Reading!