• Created
  • Last Reply
Same question here, Smurf :confused:

In 08 version I could modify font size working on values in XML file :

<!-- TEXT PROPERTIES -->

<integer id="txss" value="7" /> <!-- text size small -->

<integer id="txsn" value="8" /> <!-- text size normal -->

<integer id="txsl" value="10" /> <!-- text size large -->

Now, is it me or something changed this year ? I can't find them anymore.... :confused:

Any luck yet Smurf with the text size problem? Thanks

Here you go guys, replace the flex09.xml file with the one in this file, or replace flex09_r.xml if you use the right side version

http://files.filefront.com/larger+fontrar/;12457969;/fileinfo.html

Sweet skin. Best of the lot.

Do have one query, and this is not a complaint and tbh, its not something that bothers me, but wondering on the inbox page, where it displays the image of a footballers face, why theres a faint green rectangular box on the black background?

Is this a consequence of design?

Like I said, just asking :)

I never really noticed I'd done that until you mentioned it, but I'll be removing it because I'm a perfectionist :)

SmurfDude, I just wanted to congratulate you on another excellent skin, I used Flex for '08 and it really made a difference to the game for me. I downloaded the skin last night and it's working beautifully however I have noticed that you have released an updated version since then, what has changed? I will only bother downloading it if I feel it's a significant change because as I said that skin worked fine for me.

Thats brilliant mate, thanks you very much

Your the man!

Edit : The only thing i cant change is the text size of the inbox messages they are still fairly small.

Increase these values

<!-- TEXT PROPERTIES -->

<flags id="txfn" value="fonts/vera" comment=" Text font "/>

<integer id="txss" value="9" />

<integer id="txsn" value="10" />

<integer id="txsl" value="11" />

SmurfDude, I just wanted to congratulate you on another excellent skin, I used Flex for '08 and it really made a difference to the game for me. I downloaded the skin last night and it's working beautifully however I have noticed that you have released an updated version since then, what has changed? I will only bother downloading it if I feel it's a significant change because as I said that skin worked fine for me.

I fixed the player attribute changes that weren't showing. The match fast forward buttons were fixed. I got rid of the scrollbars on the manager overview page. I made the manager name and team name visible on white backgrounds in the top left. An a edited a few more graphics

Increase these values

<!-- TEXT PROPERTIES -->

I fixed the player attribute changes that weren't showing. The match fast forward buttons were fixed. I got rid of the scrollbars on the manager overview page. I made the manager name and team name visible on white backgrounds in the top left. An a edited a few more graphics

Ok fair enough, I guess I was so happy with the skin I didn't notice most of that, the name & team name doesn't bother me and I don't use the Fast Forward buttons. I'll download it anyway as I may as well have the best of the best! Just a quick question, where did you get your logo's and badges?

Increase these values

<!-- TEXT PROPERTIES -->

I did and it increases everything but the actual inbox messages themselves, they stay the same. I tried adjusting all the other numbers as well and it still stays the same for some reason

Hi Smurf Dude,

I see since you originally uploaded your Skin and now a number of changes have been made. Are all of these included if you download the skin today or will I have to go through an manually make the changes?

If you already use the skin then goto the filefront link in my first post and download it again, then copy all the files over the existing ones and reload the skin, then you will have the most recent version with all the changes included

Hi Smurf Dude,

I see since you originally uploaded your Skin and now a number of changes have been made. Are all of these included if you download the skin today or will I have to go through an manually make the changes?

... The first option is the right one :thup:

Look at the first Smurf's post and download the last updated version from the link you find there...

Only if you want to modify the text size, you have to download this file :

http://files.filefront.com/larger+fontrar/;12457969;/fileinfo.html

and replace the flex09.xml file with the one in this file :thup:

hey smurfie.. first of all, great job on the 09 version of Flex. Secondly i have a question regarding the attribute colors; where could I find the attribute ranges for the Low, Normal, High etc. It seems that the Normal attribute starts at 10. what if i want it to start at 11? so when i change the color of the Normal attribute the stat color changes at 11 and not 10? i hope that question is not too confusing for you. TIA :)

Is there any advise as to how to lower the reading pane in news items in inbox and also in the other news box? Because i have higher res screen and there is lots of space beneath reading pane, which could mean it can go down a little, because the list of news items i could then see more messages without scrolling, but the main reason is that anytime there is a little snapshot of a player/manager profile i have to scroll to see all the stats so if i could lower the reading pane it would be perfect :)

I can post a screenie if you like later.

Cheers.

I'm guessing its changing a value within a xml file such as "news snapshot headline.xml" in panels folder

I'm trying to work it out :)

I'm not at home at the moment but I think it's in the news panel.xml file, there's values like -3 -7 somewhere at the top that you can change

Loving the skin - but just wondered about the club badges showing instead of team kits on the overview page during matches - it is supposed to be badges ins't it - because usually it's kits? Just don't want to think I'm going mad that's all!

Loving the skin - but just wondered about the club badges showing instead of team kits on the overview page during matches - it is supposed to be badges ins't it - because usually it's kits? Just don't want to think I'm going mad that's all!

SI got rid of the kits on the match screen

Guest josh9393

I love the skin, but to be honest it would be better if i could read the text properly - see screenshot. How do I fix this - thanks.

mancityee3.th.jpg

I love the skin, but to be honest it would be better if i could read the text properly - see screenshot. How do I fix this - thanks.

mancityee3.th.jpg

Make sure you have the config file in the skin folder and the setting folder is inside flex09 then reload the skin

Can anyone else find the Stadium and Training Facility information when using this skin? It's not on the Club Information bit where it normally is...

...and yes, I've scrolled down.

It's in the exact same place where it is on the default skin. Use the views button and goto stadium/facilities

i notice alot of people are using this skin with a transparent background. how can i change this?

You will need to download some background packs. Or if you just want to change the current background to a different one, go in to the graphics/background folder and delete default.jpg and replace it with another, and rename it default.jpg

I have the latest version of your skin Smurf, the Show Recent Attribute Changes arrows never show up during the game, does anyone elses show up or does this need to be fixed ?

By the way, its an excellent skin as always, keep up the good work Smurf :thup:

EDIT : Its ok i seen a couple now, thought they didnt work.

Hi mate, great skin as usual, but I would like to know how to delete background logos appearing behind the normal ones. Thanks and keep up with good work!

When you download a logo pack there will usually be several folders such as bg, small, normal. Delete the bg (background) folder then reload the skin and the logos behind the normal ones won't appear

whats winRAR?

http://www.rarlab.com/

It extracts zipped files

When you download a logo pack there will usually be several folders such as bg, small, normal. Delete the bg (background) folder then reload the skin and the logos behind the normal ones won't appear

Mmh, nope, I haven't had any of them since fm2006 :D

Moreover they just appeared with your skin, with the default one they didn't!

And I have a problem if I click on some scores: the match screen appears but there are no numbers in the scoreboard! This only happens to AI's matches.

Archived