[Release] Skin - Flex09

SmurfDude

It seems like there's more questions than answers, sigh, at least no one is answering my question, lol.

Alexander, I don't have that problem when I play the game using this skin. Is that how it looks even when the match is being played out?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems like there's more questions than answers, sigh, at least no one is answering my question, lol.

Alexander, I don't have that problem when I play the game using this skin. Is that how it looks even when the match is being played out?

Hi Esch,

When I look at games completed and I want to see the stats ..That is what I see ..The numbers are very very small --On the marseille example ..the 6(SIX) looked closed ..I thought it was Zero ..and then I saw the scorers

Think I will send SmurfDude a PM and see what he replies.

Cheers --Other than some small inconveniences I really enjoy playing with this skin ..

i cannot find help with this

anyone who knows

i go to download the flex09 skin

i click to download it, the open/save thing comes up

anyway, i go open with winRAR, and then it loads etc,

then when finished, the winRAR thing is displayed, and i extract it to skins

then i open my man city game, go into prefs, and its not there

help

the same also happens for backgrounds, and i have made the backgrounds folder in graphics

help

would be muc appreciated

Hi, Just tried your skin very impressed and this is the first time i have ever dl a skin always used the default one really - boring i know, one question how do you get the player faces and club badges etc???? that would really finish off the skin???

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have disappeared for a while, I just had other things to spend my time doing and now I'm on the beta testing team so will be a bit more active

Since the last version I've made a few minor changes for my own use. I thought I'd see if anyone wanted me to bother uploading it. I've just changed some fonts so they are a bit bigger, I've changed the menu so it's striped, and I've changed the green transparent headings to black

1zodw9i.jpg

Sorry I have disappeared for a while, I just had other things to spend my time doing and now I'm on the beta testing team so will be a bit more active

Since the last version I've made a few minor changes for my own use. I thought I'd see if anyone wanted me to bother uploading it. I've just changed some fonts so they are a bit bigger, I've changed the menu so it's striped, and I've changed the green transparent headings to black

SmurfDude are you going to be uploading the changes? I'd be interested in them if you do.

If you're too busy, I understand. ;)

I have a problem with this skin if anyone can help i'd be grateful.

I have downloaded superturks stadium pics and everything was fine but if I went on a club page and then league table (for example) the previous pic would stay the same for the league table. I managed to fix this by following advice in another thread by putting a code in the panels folder. This sortyed it all out but now my buttons have moved from the left side to the right, any idea how I can change them back to the left?

Thanks

Looking good again!

One comment...smaller font is better imo. Same goes for the normal black menubar.

The new black bars instead of the greens are a massive improvement. Are you putting this one up for downloading aswell?

Hey, SmurfDude!

I'm also using your skin, its one of the best out there! But to be honest, the new changes are a step backwards for me. The overall look of the skin becomes too "dark" and conservative with the addition of the black titlebars, and the enlarged font size makes it too "bulky" for me. I've been also experimenting with enlarging the font size with several of my skins, but always reverted back to the default values after a while.

Also, I second the idea of the overview polygon on the player profile screen that was mentioned before. I would be very happy if you could incorporate it into this skin as I've been campaigning for this feature since the overview polygon made it to the game. It's just so cumbersome having to switch between tabs all the time. Please see this thread for more on this.

Hey, I have a problem when using this skin..

Whenever I try to include the Flex skin to the FM documents it doesn't work. See, what happens is.. I do everything which is required, e.g. untick skin cache etc. Then when I press confirm in preferences, it doesn't stop loading.. so, you know, the game itself just freezes. Using ctrl alt delete I quit the program, start it up again, then after the introduction it gives me a black screen?! So the game decides to stop working entirely.

I managed to fix this problem later on.. and for people that are experiencing the same you delete the cache directory for FM2009 which is located in the application data file in the C drive - and thats assuming you have removed the flex skin from the FM files before hand.

Any ideas as to how I can get the skin to work?

Much love

Hey, SmurfDude!

I'm also using your skin, its one of the best out there! But to be honest, the new changes are a step backwards for me. The overall look of the skin becomes too "dark" and conservative with the addition of the black titlebars, and the enlarged font size makes it too "bulky" for me. I've been also experimenting with enlarging the font size with several of my skins, but always reverted back to the default values after a while.

Also, I second the idea of the overview polygon on the player profile screen that was mentioned before. I would be very happy if you could incorporate it into this skin as I've been campaigning for this feature since the overview polygon made it to the game. It's just so cumbersome having to switch between tabs all the time. Please see this thread for more on this.

Thanks for the feedback

Basically the way I work is, I make the skin to my own personal liking, after all that's the whole reason for me making it to begin with. I then release it because I know there is likely to be others who will want to use it. I then read what people say and if anyone comes up with an idea that I myself will like, then I'll add it. If not then I'll leave it unless I get flooded with requests and it won't take too long to add/change

If you don't like the latest few changes then I recommend just sticking with what you have now, as there's isn't really many changes other than aesthetic ones. If you want anything specific changed but don't know how to do it, then there is plenty of people here who can help you do it yourself or alternatively anyone can PM me asking for help regarding my skin

As for the polygon I'll have a look at it and see what it's all about

Thank you Smurfdude for this lovely skin!I totally loved it in it's FM08 version and I was glad when I found out that you also created a FM09 version.Only drawback for me was the colours of the players attribute values and status (when someone is on loan from your team he is green-coloured, sorry I can't stand it!) but then that's just me .No prob, downloaded the very first version of settings.xml and replaced the current one, job done!

Again a big thanks...

Hey smurfdude I'm looking to add extra various extra columns to the team squad screen (so I can see more on one screen) but can't seem to find the Team Squad.xml ?

Any Ideas?

If the skin doesn't use a file, the game will use the one from the default skin. Therefore, if your <skinname>/panels folder doesn't have a file in it, and you want to change it, you need to extract it from the default .fmf and move it to your <skinname>/panels. Then you can edit to your hearts content.

smurf dude, can i just ask what pitch textures you are using because the default ones are terrible.

p.s. the skin should be the default!!!!!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=71353

You can find new pitch textures in there

Love the new version but is there anyway to put the attribute colours back to what they were in the original version??

You can make a copy of the original settings.xml and then replace the one in this version with the original

• 2 months later...

Just thought i'd say how much i appreciate this skin. I've used it since it come out, i've tried others but have always come back to this within 5 mins.

Please say you have the intention of remaking this for FM2010 when it comes out!

is this got skins for every team?

This is a skin on it's own - no graphics such as badges and facepacks are included in this.

To get the badges you will have to look on a fansite - sortitoutsi.net have some good ones. :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/sf86ds.jpg

The menu on the left is on a black background. How can I make it Blue?

Great skin by the way.

I helped you in another thread yes? I think I did, so I won't explain now

I would like to add a few columns to the squad screen in this skin how do i do that? i noticed in another skin there were mom stats,appearance, stats, age, fitness etc etc all on the squad screen just easier to see at aglance how well a player has played thats all! can some one assist please?

I would like to add a few columns to the squad screen in this skin how do i do that? i noticed in another skin there were mom stats,appearance, stats, age, fitness etc etc all on the squad screen just easier to see at aglance how well a player has played thats all! can some one assist please?

Have a look at this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62807

1zodw9i.jpg

how can i get them skins mate ? have you got a link for me to download where i can get them skins for the fm the likes of the blackburn rovers and santa cruz and the premierleague badge

Archived