[Release] New grass textures

SmurfDude

Some of you may of read my other thread and seen I was working on improving the pitch textures. Well I have decided to release what I have done so far

This is not a complete finished set of textures. How FM works is, there are different pitch conditions; perfect, dry, hard, muddy, damp, snowy, frozen, water logged. Within these are 5 different levels how worn out the pitch is, ranging from very good, to very poor. I have done all the very good textures. So if you play in the lower leagues and are half way through the season and the pitches are in a muddy mess, these won't show

When/if I complete other sets I'll upload them. Anyway here are a few screenies

2yzne4h.jpg

15d9hk0.jpg

2nhj0jt.jpg

65dd1j.jpg

Install

Copy to folder /program files/sports interactive/football manager 2009/data/sigfx/meshes/pitch/textures/

Back them up first in case you want to revert back to the originals!

Download

http://files.filefront.com/pitch+textures7z/;12453163;/fileinfo.html

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx heaps!!!:thup::thup:

I read ur other tread as well and i think in the other one u did ft. the conditions of the pithc

just wondering coz i manager Man Untied and how often do u think i would need to returf? since this new one doesnt ft the conditions of the pitch

Nice one :thup: you planning to add more files to this? if so then ill wait for the complete finish works.. :)

Yes but not for a while, I want to play the game now rather than keep editing everything

Hey Smurfdude

Where did you get your logos?

I don't think we're allowed to directly link to that sort of thing, I'll PM you

smurfdude, can I add these into a folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 folder. I prefer to do this as I don't want to add anything in the Program Files.

Unfortunately not, they will only work in the specified folder

Hey smurfdude

Could you do a lighter version of the flex skin?

I won't be making another one, but someone else is welcome to

Hey Smurf, feel like sharing what utils and settings you use to create the files? (Dont mean the actual graphic work, I got that fine - just the extraction and/or saving formats etc)

Getting tired of looking at my awful pitches and the ones you made are only for the high end clubs (us lower league clubs never see those very good ones ;)) so figured Id start at the bottom and try to create some poor ones.

Cheers,

M

Getting tired of looking at my awful pitches and the ones you made are only for the high end clubs (us lower league clubs never see those very good ones ) so figured Id start at the bottom and try to create some poor ones

I renamed the new pitch texture files and added them to the correct folder (so as not to lose old textures). In my next game I got a mixture of the new texture with large squares in it mixed with the old muddy texture...btw, thanx smurfdude, these look awesome!! :thup:

Fantastic grass textures so far mate. Can you tell us if you're going to release more textures for the pitches when in other conditions please? Also, as you are the best skinner in this forum in my opinion, (based on the release of this and the Flex09 skin) could you put together a pitch hoardings pack when the guide is released? It's guaranteed to be good quality from you SmurfDude :D.

Keep up the good work.

Hmm, I've placed the files in the specific folder but can't seem to get the quality that you have on your screenshots...

I'm not sure it's worked for me.

Are you playing top flight or lower leagues?

You'll see the difference throughout in top flight and only a cameo in lower leagues.

Wait for the full release.

• 2 weeks later...

i have made -for my own use- some textures to accompany smurfdudes texture pack...to be more exact i have used the perfect/very good textures as a base and created the rest...

If smurfdude has no objection i could .rar them and upload them for the rest until his pack is released...

Archived