[Release] New grass textures

SmurfDude

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a few questions regarding the textures.

I installed them in the right folder but I seem to get the same pitch texture appear for every match. The ones I have are from another message board. I checked the folder (which is over 330mb IIRC) & it has sub-folders for each type such as 'perfect, snowy' etc. so I assume they should be working.

Does the game choose the textures from the folder (for example if it's the winter, a snowy texture shows up) or do you need to overwrite any of the other files when adding new textures?. Also, depending on the league is the pitch texture correspond with the team. For example, the Premiership teams should in theory have better quality pitches to the lower leagues.

I removed the default textures but since then, as I've said, the same one (which is a dry/summer type texture) keeps appearing. I installed them on Mac, but the file format (dds IIRC) are the same as the defaults. Anyone know what the issue(s) could be why the textures don't seem to work correctly?.

• 1 month later...

I've just downloaded and installed these - seem to work fine, although I'll need to wait until some adverse weather conditions to be sure. A question though; Smurfdude, you have 5 kinds of pitch, whereas the original folder has 10 (eg you haven't done frozen snowy). So is it okay to put the original ones you didn't replace back into the pitch folder? Also, how about the config file in the original textures folder - is it okay to omit that?

• 4 months later...

Archived