Screen Flickering

Hi, 

Updated the game to the latest update today (at the same time as windows 10 did an update) . Ever since then i cant play football manager as the screen is constantly flickering. Doesn't happen outside of the game or in any other game,  Looked and it seems others have had the same issue with older versions of the game, but i can't see how they resolved it

Yes my graphics card is up to date

Should note doesn't start flickering till i get to the home screen, adverts at the start run fine

Thanks for your help

Edited by jim owen

11 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Had a similar thing a few weeks ago. I forget where, but somewhere in here there is a setting that fixed it.

Somewhere in these links:

Don't have the Nvidia Control Panel, none of the other things changed anything. Thanks for trying

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, nikmalamos3 said:

I'm having the same issue (FM20) as seen in the video below, I updated my graphics card and tried to uninstall and reinstall the game but it didnt work. Any ideas how to fix it? 

IMG_5544.MOV 4.41 MB · 1 download

What game version are you using?- It should be FM 20.x.x

Has the game run smoothly before?

Have you tried reducing the graphics quality in preferences?

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

What game version are you using?- It should be FM 20.x.x

Has the game run smoothly before?

Have you tried reducing the graphics quality in preferences?

version 20.4.4

I had no problems before, I tried to reduce quality but nothing happened, same screen. I should note that it happens only when I run FM.

9 minutes ago, nikmalamos3 said:

version 20.4.4

I had no problems before, I tried to reduce quality but nothing happened, same screen. I should note that it happens only when I run FM.

What graphics card are you using?

That is a fairly old card and is, I am sure,  below minimum spec for the game.  You can probably still get it running but may need some trial and error for best results.

First of all make sure that you get the latest card driver from the NVidia website.  Ensure that the NVidia card is set as default for the game and then reduce the graphics quality to low.  If there is still no improvement, roll the driver back to the previous version as that can sometimes help with older cards.

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

That is a fairly old card and is, I am sure,  below minimum spec for the game.  You can probably still get it running but may need some trial and error for best results.

First of all make sure that you get the latest card driver from the NVidia website.  Ensure that the NVidia card is set as default for the game and then reduce the graphics quality to low.  If there is still no improvement, roll the driver back to the previous version as that can sometimes help with older cards.

It was working perfectly before on high , it had a 5 star rating on the game, how can it be below minimum spec? I'm attaching you the screenshot.

graphics.png

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

I've got a 760 and it runs on high/very high for me so I don't think the cards age is a factor

Edited by Brother Ben

10 hours ago, nikmalamos3 said:

It was working perfectly before on high , it had a 5 star rating on the game, how can it be below minimum spec? I'm attaching you the screenshot.

graphics.png

I don't decide what the minimum recommended spec for the game is- SI configure the game to work with a range of cards but they decide what will be the best level of card to get the most out of the graphics- nobody is saying that it wont work with a lower spec card and others may well have success with it, but you might have to play around with the graphics detail depending on what else is using the card.

On 05/03/2019 at 12:47, puffascruffowitz said:

Had a similar thing a few weeks ago. I forget where, but somewhere in here there is a setting that fixed it.

Somewhere in these links:

In instructions for deleting cache folder, in FM21 I found a folder named "Caches" (with an s, which I found to be a strange detail). Should I delete "Caches" folder?...

Though I play on an Alienware laptop (i7, Nvidia GTX 1070), my FM21 match engine still shakes and lags frequently. Believe it or not, if I open my Chrome and leave it running in the background, it sometimes fixes my problem. Bizarre... Would someone know why?

Edited by phd_angel

• 1 year later...

Hi I play on a fresh new computer and my screen flickers on when in the match any ideas on what this is? 

All the specs have the right specs for the game.

I've tried lowering the graphics, deleting mods etc and nothing works!

If anyone has anything to help me with this issue please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

Just now, cianw said:

Also I saw a comment above and it said they left chrome open and it fixed the issue, and I just tried that method and it worked so would anyone know why this would prevent my issue

Never mind it didn't work

4 hours ago, cianw said:

Also I saw a comment above and it said they left chrome open and it fixed the issue, and I just tried that method and it worked so would anyone know why this would prevent my issue

But I think there could be something too it. I also experienced very occasional flickering in fm23, never before.

Could be the GPU is about to giving up its existence and alerts you to be prepared?

Does it get to hot?

At that age the cooler tends to be very dirty and the paste is old and probably drycracked.

Try maybe lower the game FPS by a/the Limiter or via MSI Afterburner or something lower the freqs of your GPU if it gets better...

Also reinsert the GPU into its Slot and reinsert all cables!

Maybe something is a little coroded...

Edited by Etebaer

3 hours ago, Etebaer said:

Could be the GPU is about to giving up its existence and alerts you to be prepared?

Does it get to hot?

At that age the cooler tends to be very dirty and the paste is old and probably drycracked.

Try maybe lower the game FPS by a/the Limiter or via MSI Afterburner or something lower the freqs of your GPU if it gets better...

Also reinsert the GPU into its Slot and reinsert all cables!

Maybe something is a little coroded...

Nope it's a brand new GPU i've checked everything like that nothing on my end

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, cianw said:

I just had to restart my pc for it to stop. 

We have some steps for troubleshooting a flickering screen here: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10402758582289-What-should-I-do-if-my-display-is-flickering-during-matches-#text

Hopefully this can help.