Training determination

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Determination is not due to training. It might be due to your overall squad personality being of low determination.

I mean players who I had as 17 for determination has dropped to 15 within a few months. All other stats have gone up.

I would also like to know this. It's super annoying moving new youngster up to the senior team and then they lose like 1 determination each month. 

Is it because of the squads combined determination divided by number of squad members that each new player is moving towards?

The coach reports only said that squad general atmosphere (or something like this) has positive effect to the player.

is there any info about the squad personality?

it used to be inside team reports but I checked there and I can’t find it.

Am ‎04‎.‎11‎.‎2018 um 12:09 schrieb Sid1984:

How is this done? In my team the training is good as stats are going up but most of my players’ determination have gone down. Any reason why?

In my experience raising the Determination attribute is best achieved with handing out warnings for poor pitch performances. Also helps greatly for getting up Work Rate.

13 hours ago, Eckfahne said:

In my experience raising the Determination attribute is best achieved with handing out warnings for poor pitch performances. Also helps greatly for getting up Work Rate.

It's about the whole squad personality. I go through my reserves and youth and prune out those with unspectacular star ratings and negative personality profiles.

19 hours ago, Eckfahne said:

Semi Related, telling your guys you noticed they trained well, then after a few of those 'noticing you trained well over the last few months' will give them +1 work rate. It's awesome.

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2018 at 18:29, Oenone87 said:

I wasn't kidding! Felix has gone from 12.0 in July 18 to 17.6!!! in August 20

Tell your dudes they trained well!

workrate.JPG

Hmm, that might be a bit much...

On 15/11/2018 at 05:58, bangkonggedek said:

Some of them actually got pissed off when being praised though :D But so far I've noticed that this doesn't occurring as often as it was in the beta.

Mainly happens if you got low man management really. I always max it out, and haven't had a single person get mad when I compliment them.

1 minute ago, Synx said:

Mainly happens if you got low man management really. I always max it out, and haven't had a single person get mad when I compliment them.

Don't really think so, as usually that's the attribute I'd prioritized to be maxed out over anything else, followed by Level of Discipline and Motivating. Of the two praise options I find the first one a much safer choice most of the time.

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I don't understand this, either.
Both Barella's and Lautaro's determination went  down by 1 due to "squad characteristics".

As I have said - the younger players can get influenced by the overall personality of the squad. :thup:

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

And I provided a screenshot with mental attributes and as you can see everyone is basically a model professional or even better.

You provided attributes, but only 1 of which counts toward personality, so I really can't tell. You'll see the actual make up of your squad's average personality on the Club --> General screen.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You provided attributes, but only 1 of which counts toward personality, so I really can't tell. You'll see the actual make up of your squad's average personality on the Club --> General screen. 

I mean those are all class players, it's fairly obvious. And squad personality is officially listed as very determined.

I mean those are all class players, it's fairly obvious. And squad personality is officially listed as very determined.

Class players doesn't mean perfect personality. Lautaro could obviously drop as he had the highest Det in the squad. Barella is a little confusing as his isn't that high and Very Determined obviously mean very high Determination. Maybe @Seb Wassell can clear up the latter?

Just went over everyone's profile, because I'm really interested in how things work.

Squad:
professional - Handanović, Lautaro
balanced (backup gk)
light-hearted (backup gk)
fairly professional - Jamerson, Politano
fairly determined - De Vrij, De Angelis (regen, 18yo), Barella, Lombardi (regen, 18yo), Ibanez (regen, 18yo), Fekir
perfectionist - Bastoni, Škriniar, Vrsaljko, Icardi
resolute - Mario, Gagliardini, D'Amico
fairly loyal - Marcelo (on loan, not a full time squad member)
spirited - Telles, Chiesa
driven - Nainggolan, Tonali
fairly ambitious - Keita

Squad hierarchy:
QaljP0W.png

Idk, as I said, really interested in how this works.

On 14/11/2018 at 18:29, Oenone87 said:

I wasn't kidding! Felix has gone from 12.0 in July 18 to 17.6!!! in August 20

Tell your dudes they trained well!

workrate.JPG

And to think that I avoided praising players repeatedly for their 9+ training performances because I was worried it might have negative side effects!

-

Barella's Determination going down does seem weird when it's a squad with a Very Determined personality, team leaders are all pretty determined, players like Naingolan are highly influential etc . Did you put him in a mentoring group with a bunch of relative whiners? Or maybe it's a "random event" decline that's been wrongly labelled...

4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Barella's Determination going down does seem weird when it's a squad with a Very Determined personality, team leaders are all pretty determined, players like Naingolan are highly influential etc . Did you put him in a mentoring group with a bunch of relative whiners? Or maybe it's a "random event" decline that's been wrongly labelled... 

No, I didn't mentor him. Signed him at the start of the second season and his agent demanded a key player role right away so I didn't mess with the mentoring because in previous versions it wouldn't work.
Tonali for example got driven personality from Radja.

25 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

No, I didn't mentor him. Signed him at the start of the second season and his agent demanded a key player role right away so I didn't mess with the mentoring because in previous versions it wouldn't work.
Tonali for example got driven personality from Radja.

Did you actually get a coach report saying he's been influenced negatively because of the squad personality?

32 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I noticed this just in my u18/u20 teams

One of my youngsters that's training with the first team just also had a -1 to determination.

I think it's the training. Both him and Barella were unhappy with the training workload.
I have it set to double for everyone over 80% condition.

2 team daily sessions with third one being free during weekdays. Whenever I set it to 3 sessions I had a lot more injuries.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Did you actually get a coach report saying he's been influenced negatively because of the squad personality? 

uzw7ZEO.png

So, whenever a 18yo kid is unhappy with something that he's not even right about (there's much better options for training right now than individual quickness training, his attributes are more than good enough for his age), his determination drops?
Btw, I'm trying to retrain him as RB, currently has LM-CM-RM as his positions.

uzw7ZEO.png

So, whenever a 18yo kid is unhappy with something that he's not even right about (there's much better options for training right now than individual quickness training, his attributes are more than good enough for his age), his determination drops?
Btw, I'm trying to retrain him as RB, currently has LM-CM-RM as his positions

This wasn't what I asked. I am trying to get specifics. DID you get a coach report stating that? WHEN did this drop happen? What else happened at the same time that could explain it?

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This wasn't what I asked. I am trying to get specifics. DID you get a coach report stating that? WHEN did this drop happen? What else happened at the same time that could explain it? 

Sorry, I didn't know what you were referring to.

No, coach reported nothing about training situation, only normal training reports and I just noticed it.

Sorry, I didn't know what you were referring to.

No, coach reported nothing about training situation, only normal training reports and I just noticed it.

But you can look at when the Det Attribute dropped and by how much.

10 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

But you can look at when the Det Attribute dropped and by how much. 

What does when have to do with anything if nothing was reported except for the usual minor unhappiness in training?

In all cases it dropped by 1 whole point. Not by 0.5 or similar.

What does when have to do with anything if nothing was reported except for the usual minor unhappiness in training?

12 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I am trying to get specifics.

12 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

WHEN did this drop happen? What else happened at the same time that could explain it?

What exactly do you want me to say here?

Report came on 30th of September, friday. It probably happened during that week because I don't check the profiles every 2 days.
Nothing else was reported, nothing happened. It's a 18yo player training with the senior squad, but playing for u20s. Has his status set as available for u20, 90mins.
That's why I'm bloody asking about this, because nothing that would suggest the drop happened.

I got some cases in my earlier saves this FM where my younger players peculiarly suffering a drop in their Determination as well. Most are happy enough with their training, rated well in training performances and my assistant actually reported that the squad better characteristics (most of them are Fairly Determined, Fairly Professional or Resolute) had a positive influence to their personality. The average value for Determination of my squad was not less than 12 yet some of the younger players somehow dropped to as low to 10. I already overwrote the save though so I'll try to remember to post a screenshot here when something similar happening again.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

One of my youngsters that's training with the first team just also had a -1 to determination.

I think it's the training. Both him and Barella were unhappy with the training workload.
I have it set to double for everyone over 80% condition.

2 team daily sessions with third one being free during weekdays. Whenever I set it to 3 sessions I had a lot more injuries.

uzw7ZEO.png

Btw, I'm trying to retrain him as RB, currently has LM-CM-RM as his positions.

It's not the training.

• SI Staff

This will likely be down to them taking after a less determined player in their social group.

If you think it is a bug please post in our bugs section. We'd need a save and any other info you think relevant (eg. screenshots), ideally the save will be before the issue occurs. Cheers.

8 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

This will likely be down to them taking after a less determined player in their social group.

If you think it is a bug please post in our bugs section. We'd need a save and any other info you think relevant (eg. screenshots), ideally the save will be before the issue occurs. Cheers.

Hmm... never gave that much of a thought before. Maybe in my case my younger players who suffered a drop in Determination were influenced by the players with the lower value for it (most are of Fairly Professional personality, if I recall correctly) who happened to be in the same social group. That's a more sensible approach in player's personality development actually :thup:

On 17/11/2018 at 20:45, phnompenhandy said:

That is awesome. So when I praise for good training and they respond with contempt, should I brush it off and praise them again the next time the assman bring s the report?

Yeah just keep praising them. The benefits outweigh the negatives for sure. But I haven't seen anyone progress as well as Felix did. 

Archived