Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sa.sapo95@icloud.com said:

what do you throw? of the side booths?

mate. he's uploaded the Salah tactic as you requested. if you dont want the Salah tactic then use another Knap tactic. he can do no more. the only change was the throw in routine and thats what he has done. the Salah tactic now works like the Salah tactic before. just like you want.

There are a few things to consider 

Formation For a SUS or Control tactic a 4141 may be better than 442.

As well as a change in mentality also need to consider movement.

For Control you may want to limit DLP S to DLP D 

For SUS change WBs to no nonsense FBs but for control just S  not A.

7 minutes ago, knap said:

There are a few things to consider 

Formation For a SUS or Control tactic a 4141 may be better than 442.

As well as a change in mentality also need to consider movement.

For Control you may want to limit DLP S to DLP D 

For SUS change WBs to no nonsense FBs but for control just S  not A.

Do you recomend any tactic???or its better to fix my one....

Cardiff may be good for underdogs so start with this and then monitor games and decide when to change. It is easy to do in game if you spot a problem, just pause game and adjust. When happy with what is happening save the tactic and you can use later.. Optimus tends to start with a more defensive mentality for more difficult games and then adjust.

As a defensive tactic you could try Sicilian Defence.

Edited by knap

13 minutes ago, knap said:

Cardiff may be good for underdogs so start with this and then monitor games and decide when to change. It is easy to do in game if you spot a problem, just pause game and adjust. When happy with what is happening save the tactic and you can use later.. Optimus tends to start with a more defensive mentality for more difficult games and then adjust.

As a defensive tactic you could try Sicilian Defence.

Which version of sicilian Defence???

On 02/03/2019 at 10:18, knap said:

Just to follow up on this, I had slightly better results and more goals from my striker (who scored very very few in the original tactic with 2 IFs behind him), by switching the AMR from IF/S to W/A, and the DLP from Support to Defend. I think this makes the tactic more varied, less congested in the final third. I also took off low crosses, because I think that fits things better, specially now with the winger. It's hard to get low crosses to cross the entire area and in this tactic very few people show up on the near post, plus far post feels generally more dangerous in the ME anyway.

I also changed the set pieces for my own in attacking corners and throw-ins, knap's original ones were definitely more effective but I feel are a little too exploitative for me personally, I'm not a huge fan of scoring from long throws for example, doesn't fit the rest of the playing philosophy stylishly. Another change was to take out "tackle harder" as a PI from many players, this probably has an effect but "get stuck in" is already on at TI level, so this makes it a lot easier to manage throughout a match if we start picking up too many cards, I don't need to go through all the players removing the PI for everyone.

Then I created two alternatives, by pulling back the AML and AMR into ML/MR positions. It plays almost the exact same, but it might be slightly better at breaking down very defensive teams by having the wingers run from deep later. In FM19 the movement of advanced players is awful as once they've ran forward they never return back, so sometimes it's best to have them make those runs delayed. The other alternative is the exact same but on Cautious mentality, I think this is what knap calls a "SUS" tactic, to try to hold on to a result - the 4-2-3-1 on attacking performs great but can be very unstable defensively if teams actually come at you, so sometimes it's best to kill the game.

This trio of tactics looks like this now, it got me undefeated through half a season with Dortmund although I had already gotten knocked out of the CL earlier with the original tactic (2 IFs), and lost in the Europa League semi-finals on away goals (1-1 2-2) to Chelsea. I'm gonna test it at lower level in my new career in the Career Updates forum in the Czech 2nd tier.

k7gz8As.jpg  UaOokJ2.jpg8HIYbWs.jpg

The above is a great example of using formation , movement and mentality to build a complete strategy.

The last is more control as a SUS is just to close out a game or after a sending off. In this case the mentality is defensive with time wasting, WBs are on defend. Maybe also using a 4141 or the double DM formation.

May be worthwhile adding a tactic link as I'm sure others will be interested in using a working strategy.

Yeah this is very much a work in progress, specially that "close out the game" version. I've been experimenting with time wasting there too.

I'll upload it later when I get back home, in case someone wants it. But it's very easy to replicate it, just download your tactic and then do those tweaks I mentioned. All I did was literally, change the right IF/S to W/A and DLP/S to DLP/D, pull the players back in the 4-4-1-1 formation and give them the same roles (I added "get further forward" to the IW tho), remove low crosses, change mentality, remove hard tackle PIs, change set pieces (to routines that aren't as good!).

Edited by noikeee

Good stuff noikee! Sure Knap/hope you won't mind me steamrolling in here & tagging this on? Guess he won't so long as I promise not to squat for months like I did in his TIME thread! :D

If anyone is struggling with setting up a CTRL/SUS tactic like noikee is talking about above, then the datasheet below may help (it even explains what the heck a CTRL/SUS are!);

WhatsACTRLSUS.thumb.png.39d38f0ecaac8057a3fcd905279f55cc.png

More info on tweaking mentality/approach can be found here too if it's something that really interests you, always happy to discuss/help out - the whole methodology plays really nicely with all of Knaps tactics, as he knows all too well from me talking/typing his ear off during testing! :D 

ok so here's my versions attached to this post. Again it's pretty experimental, worked for me may not work for others etc.

@optimusprimal82 that theory on mentalities was pretty interesting. I guess this is indeed a lot closer to what you guys call a "CTRL" tactic rather than a "SUS" one as it's still very aggressive attacking, considering roles and instructions. I just didn't have the confidence to deviate that much from the original instructions to take all those attacking things out, but I'll try to experiment.

It's funny, that a lot of people swear by the philosophy of, don't pay any attention to the AI, just make sure your team plays out as intended. That's a viable approach of course, but I think there's a hell of a lot to gain by being a little more reactive like this - as long as it still sticks to the main philosophy of plan A, and it's easy to switch to from plan A.

4231IF-W 19.3 (tweaked from knap's).fmf 4411IF-W 19.3 (tweaked from knap's).fmf 4411IF-W Cautious 19.3 (tweaked from knap's).fmf