Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be a problem depending on who takes corner.

There is a stay back WB and a taker so this should never arise. However the ME overrides on occasions the instructions when your stay back WB is also good at taking corners. There are so many bugs in set pieces it could be a Swiss Cheese plant.

4 minutes ago, Yanga1993 said:

can you post the stats of the players how many goals did they make at the station?

Maybe you can just play the game and find out yourself? 

@knapwhat do you suggest for a away tactic? Using !!!FM19.3.2BEOWULF4231PKnapP104EC atm but maybe it is to attacking for away games?

Best mid top tactic is PILGRIMAGE 4141 followed by 442IWDLF.

The P106 442 only lost 1 game all season away to Juve, so may also be a possibility.

Did a little 7 game pre-season test with the 4-4-2 tactic and the 4-2-4 tactic with my CPL team against Leaguer 1 Ontario teams since 95% of the CPL is made up of USL and League1Ontario players. 

4-4-2 went 6 w 1 L 0 Drawn 21 GF 8 GA

4-2-4 went 7-0 45gf 3 ga including a 14-1 win

Edited by Fmfan00

I don't believe they are considered an exploit in 19.3. The set up may be more beneficial than mixed, difficult to run back to back testing, it is just part of overall tactic. The taker is either set up in routine or left open. Need to be careful if the circumstance arises that no player stays back at corners, or when the AI leave 3 up front.

1 minute ago, knap said:

I don't believe they are considered an exploit in 19.3. The set up may be more beneficial than mixed, difficult to run back to back testing, it is just part of overall tactic. The taker is either set up in routine or left open. Need to be careful if the circumstance arises that no player stays back at corners, or when the AI leave 3 up front.

Ok, played 3 matches so far with CF America in Mexico. won 3-0, 4-0 and 2-0. 1 goal from throw in, which is nice since the goals come from playing football and not set pieces:) Surprises me how solid it is defensiv, tough i just have played 3 matches. Also nice to see the strikers scoring the goals which have been a problem for me all of fm19. Thanks for replying and good job on the tactics:) 

3 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Is a Defensive mentality pretty much useless in FM19?

I often switched to defensive mentality the first weeks of fm19 and it always led to a goal against, never tried it after the first patch. Attack is the best defense:)