FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can't get Drogba, Anelka and Owen to score, I'm sorry to say that it's probably your tactics :(

Drogba hasn't scored all season. Anelka is not too bad and owen is woeful. I havn't touched the tactics since I started. I play a lone man upfront and my midfield is banging them in. Balotelli has got 2 in 4 for me. Should I adopt a target man or change the striker tactics?

Currenty playing as Chelsea and in the 2021/22 season. Roman is still the chairman and feels he will

never leave the club he loves. But I was just wondering I've currently got about £35m in the bank but have been given a transfer budget of £142m. I want to go on a big spending spree and this will put me into the red, but does anyone know if Roman will pump more

money into the club or will we go into administration?

Thanks

I'm finished with my second season with Chelsea, I have won the FA-Cup twice, and the league once.

This season I'm shaping things up, and attempt to put a young side through which hopefully will give me some european knowledge, as I've been eliminated by Sevilla and Valencia in the second round and quarter finals.

My team looks like this before the new season:

I play a diamond-shaped midfield, like Chelsea irl.

GK: Cech/Fiorillo

RB: Ivanovic/Azpilicueta

LB: Zhirkov/Mattock

CB: Fazio/Sakho

CB: Terry/Jørgensen

DMC: Mikel/Busquets

MC: Essien/Matic

MC: Lampard/Dzagoev

AMC: Agüero/Diego

ST: Djalo/Sturridge

ST: Balotelli/Di Santo

As I have no wingers, I rely very much on the full backs to come up and cross the ball, but if I play against better opponents, I set my full backs forward runs to mix.

It's a young team, but I have big faith in these kids.

I have this problem though. There seems to be only the striker on the right side of my formation that scores. Every striker that is on the left side, tends to have goal draught... Anyone know any solution to this?

The left striker is the "Striker" while the right striker is the "Forward", the Forward being the one who is a little lower on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

hey thought id say that i eventually got new stadium with chelsea :) it happened in 2012 and its going to 57230 all seater with under soiled heating, also there going to name it after myself:) but dnt move into it until 2 years:(

also anyone played with chelsea at around the 2012 year mark,my ass man says that we need a new defender right but i have santon and a good regen for back up.

also anyone had any problems with the ass man suddenly thinking the whole team is 4 or 5 stars when previously they would be a lot higher, im by far the best team in the world with stars like essien,ronaldo,messi,aguero,bojan and balotelli, only two ppl have highest rating at 5 stars essien and aguero, ne comments would be appreciated :)

I started a new save with Chelsea. I've updated the game with the Weegie-update, and I'm following the Fifa regulation of not buying anyone in the two next transfer-windows.

I'm currently considering if I should also take the new Premier League-rules into consideration, but I don't know if I fully understand them, so if anyone could be nice and explain the bit about the Home-grown-rule. Must 8 of the players in the 25 man squad have to be under 21? Or does that rule count on the likes of Terry and Lampard who's been trained in England there whole life?

Anyways. I'm currently laying second place with 53 point, three behind United. Haven't bought anyone. Biggest signing abroad was Shevchenko going from Dinamo Kiev to Inter for 29 million pounds. United offered 32, but Sheva rejected their contract offer...

Next season I'm already considering making Mancienne, Scott Sinclair, Franco Di Santo, Rajkovic, Hutchinson, Jack Cork, Michael Woods and Kakuta get some playing time next season. Chelsea have a lot of talent in their reserve-team. I'm thinking, maybe I shouldn't buy some players, but rather try to only sign youngsters (U18)

This could prove to be a more entertaining save than Buy-everything-I-Can-save with Chelsea.

Anyone who have done anything similar? Anyone who can recommend any good talents already in the Chelsea-squad!

Squad | Reserves

Christian Baudry - Quality Regen

Transfers 08/09 | 09/10 | 10/11 | 11/12

Rebuilt a lot, working though. New stadium coming soon. If you want any screenies just ask :)

defo have rebuilt the team, how have you been performing in the league, what trophies have you won?etc.

also you seem to have spent a lot of money each year apart from last,anelka to city for 30m was a good one!! quality regen did he come thru the youth system or did u buy?

Decided to make Chelsea my final long term save of FM09 after two very succesful saves at Barcelona and AC Milan. Playing on 9.0.3 so no change's to the squad outside of lacking Zhirkov, Sturridge and Turnbull. I'm already half way through the first season and have made a total of zero signings and only loaned players out.

Formation and Settings

Formation ~ Instructions

Decided to go for the standard 4-3-3 (4-5-1) formation as it fits the players I had and I didn't want to make any first season signings. Pretty standard formation, nothing special at the end of the day. I've gone for a very quick, attacking or gung-ho tactic to try and force the opposition onto the back foot from the off. Extremely high-pressure mentality sort of tactic as I want my opposition spending so much time defending that they can't actually attack me. I'm using a Target-Man who is in the form of Drogba or Anelka with their supply set to "Mixed" as Drogba is able to work on the ground and in the air quite comfortably. Overall nothing really special.

The Team and Fixtures

Squad

As you can see I'm half way through my season with an almost unchanged squad (I'm missing Mineiro). My attacking options have really been doing the business getting me the results when we have needed them. We could have been alot more clinical but for all the right positions the squad isn't exactly the best in the world. Malouda started off the season brilliantly and has faded towards the mid-point, but has been fairly consistent when I've needed him the most. Drogba has been lethal upfront and with the freedom I've given him he has returned the faith with 18 goals in 19 appearances so really happy with his return. Outside no real stand-out performers, with the likes of Lampard and Ballack being consistently good but never brilliant.

As you can see we have been incredibly consistent playing result based football. Grinding out narrow victories when we need to and dominating teams off the park when we can. The results really don't tell the whole story however as we have played alot better than they make it seem, but a combination of a lack of a real finisher and some very good goal-keeping has meant we have been stranded at 1-0's or 2-0's quite often never scoring as freely as I would like. However the defence has really been the fore-front of the formation conceeding a total of 5 goals in 27 games, so I'm really pleased with how we have managed to do.

Overall our form has been really good but the big thing to notice is how we have scored as many goals away as we have at home, and we have done that in two less games. A little bit of a worry, but like I have said we don't have the best finishers in the squad with Malouda, Cole, Quaresma and Kalou all not the best in the world. Anelka has been a little inconsistent and generally disappears in any of the big games I've played him in, hence I've gone to using Drogba alot more than I should, so hopefully no injuries strike to ruin my season! Otherwise, again, really happy with how things have gone in the first half of the season!

i didnt change formation its still 4-3-3 with a dm i can sell Hilario, Belletti and Ferreira but Anelka was showing signs of improving at the end of last season. I wanna sell Drogba cause he wanted to leave all last season but i didnt let him and he only scored 6 goals so he is really unhappy.

I'm really loving this save. I've now signed some players, but only 16-year olds. I've taken control of both my reserve and my u18-team, and in that way I can control who get match exercise.

Jan Sebek, Sam Hutchinson, Michael Mancienne, Slobodan Rajkovic, Patrick van Aanholt, Jeffrey Bruma, Rayn Bertrand, Jack Cork, Michael Woods, Daniel Philliskirk, Conor Clifford, Scott Sinclair, Gael Kakuta, Miroslav Stoch, Gökhan Tore, Franco Borini. All of these I regard as having the potential to be able to break into the first team.

I've won the premiership second season in a row, with the original squad, playing the 4-1-2-1-2 formation that Ancelotti have belief in.

Team:

Keeper: Cech/Sebek

DR: Bosingwa/Ivanovic/Hutchinson

DL: A. Cole/Zhirkov/Bertrand

DC: Carvalho/Alex/Mancienne

DC: Terry/Bruma

DMC: Mikel/Cork

MC: Essien/J. Cole/Matic

MC: Ballack/Malouda/Woods

AMC: Lampard/J. Cole/Kakuta

ST: Anelka/Sturride/Borini

ST: Drogba/Kalou/Di Santo

I've also gotten this awesome re-gen, Ryan Newman, he's from Ghana, and has the potential to become better than Michael Essien. Looking forward to watching him possible emulate Essien himself.

Looking forwards to starting the next season. I'm, considering selling Ivanovic, Anelka, Alex and Ballack going towards the younger guys. Hutchinson, Mancienne, Sturridge and re-arranging the midfield could do the deal. As I said, I've only bought younger players, so I have a big budget to spend, If i need anything.

Anyone who can see any potential flaws in the line-ups?

He's actually done well those few matches his got, so I don't see any reason why I should buy a better keeper, who's won't play any matches anyway. Hilario and Turnbull both requested to get selled, because there were simply no chance for them to play regular football, therefore I think it's best to just keep Sebek as my reserve, and give him chances in league cup and unimportant matches. In that way he could be my next top-keeper.

I decided to start a Chelsea save after reading Rekobeto's post's. I too will be following the transfer ban enforced on us but as i have'nt made any signing's in the summer i will count this as one and January as the other so im free to make transfer's next season!

Im playing the Ancelotti 4-1-2-1-2 formation and lining up like this when i can:

GK:Cech

DR:Bosingwa

DL:Cole

DC:Terry

DC:Carvalho

DM:Essien

CM:Lampard

CM:Ballack

AM:Deco

ST:Anelka

ST:Drogba

Ive never used a tactic without any winger's before so i was'nt sure what to expect, but we breezed through pre-season with some very good results:

Chelsea 3-0 Plymouth Argyle

Chelsea 3-0 Watford

Chelsea 8-0 Roda JC

Chelsea 3-0 Leixoes

Chelsea 5-0 Boavista

Loads of goal's scored and not a shot let in so it was looking promising.

Community Shield

My first competitive game as Chelsea manager was a Community Shield clash with Manchester United, was expecting a close game so when we ran out comfortable 3-0 winner's i was delighted!

Chelsea 3-0 Manchester United

Great start to the season and to my Career!

Prem League

Ive played 9 games in the Prem so far with a record of 8 wins and 1 draw scored 25 and conceeded 1.

Chelsea 4-0 Bolton (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Fulham (H)

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham (A)

Chelsea 4-0 Hull City (H)

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool (A)

Chelsea 5-0 Man United (H)

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal (A)

Chelsea 6-0 Wigan (H)

Carling Cup

Chelsea 2-0 Portsmouth (A)

Champs League

Chelsea 4-1 Cluj (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Schalke (H)

Chelsea 3-0 Rangers (H)

Best player so far has to be Deco who's really enjoying himself at the tip of the diamond with 7 goals and 10 assists in 10 apps, followed by Drog's who has 10 goals in 9 apps! Hope we can keep this good form up, will update again in Jan! Cheers.

Finished my first season.

Community Shield

Chelsea 3-0 Man Utd (N)

Premier League

2na8mbs.png

Won it after 32 games.

Carling Cup

Chelsea 2-0 Portsmouth (A)

Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal (A)

So knocked out in the 4th round by Arsenal.

FA Cup

Chelsea 1-1 Everton (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Everton (H)

Chelsea 1-0 Wigan (A)

Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd (H)

Chelsea 4-0 Arsenal (H)

Chelsea 2-1 Portsmouth (A)

Chelsea 2-0 Sunderland (N)

Pleased to have won this comp knocking out Arsenal and United along the way.

Champions League

I was in Group D with Rangers, Schalke and CFR Cluj. We qualified top winning 6 out of 6.

1st Knockout Round:

Chelsea 2-1 FC Porto (A)

Chelsea 3-1 FC Porto (H)

Quarter Final:

Chelsea 4-1 AC Milan (H)

Chelsea 1-1 AC Milan (A)

Semi Final:

Chelsea 1-1 Schalke (A)

Chelsea 2-1 Schalke (H)

This was our toughest fixture which i wasnt expecting. The second leg was very nervy with them taking the lead through Farfan on 62 mins, i thought we was going out until Lampard struck a 30 yard screamer in the 83rd minute. The tie went into extra time at 2-2, i was expecting penaltys until the first minute of extra time stoppage time Essien bundles in the ball in at the post!

Final:

Chelsea 0-1 Barcelona

We fully deserved to win this game in my eyes. Substitue Bojan netted a goal in 90+1 to ruin our dream!

Squad n Stats

25k25ht.png

Drogba was in beast mode all season 30 goals in 33 apps in the league! Really impressed with him, just wish Anelka was as profilic but he wasnt hes crap and will be on his way out the door in the summer along with Belletti and Malouda. Deco is really impressive at the tip of a diamond and Lampard was amazing from central midfield. Wont be making many changes next season priority will be a strike partner for Drogba, a RB and possibly a CM.

I don't think that anybody who has started a new Chelsea game hasn't attepmted a 'No-Buy-Save"

I'm not purchasing until Summer of 2011 so we'll see how each other are doing come 2010/11 season.

I think I'm on the sortitoutsi update so I have Zhirkov & Matic etc.

I'm enjoying it... Drogba just got 2 Hatricks consecutively against Sporting CP & Man City then injured & out for 4 weeks in same game :| Not Happy Jan

Started second season.

Transfers In

Sergio Aguero - 46.5 mill

Darijo Srna - 16 mill

Mikel Pasqual - 650k Regen

Transfers Out

Florent Malouda - 10 mill

Nicolas Anelka - 15 mill

Belletti - 2.4 mill

Salomon Kalou - 14 mill

Van Aanholt - 1 mill

Emanuel Sarki - 1 mill

Ryan Bertand - Loan

Nemanja Matic - Loan

Micheal Woods - Loan

Fabio Borini - Loan

Gael Kakuta - Loan

Lee Sawyer - Loan

GK:Cech

DR:Srna

DL:Cole

DC:Carvalho

DC:Terry

DM:Mikel

CM:Essien

CM:Lampard

AM: Deco

ST:Aguero

ST: Drogba

In Jan now will update once season is over.

Archived