FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marquinhos was my first choice. My scouts found him first, then I read around here and discovered he was quite a good player. Unfortunately he just signed for Ajax, and has done rather amazingly for them, (they reached the CL Final) so they aren't letting him go. They also just signed Keirisson.

I think Ben Arfa is my top choice now. Been looking at him for a while. Versatile, which I love. I can get him for 28m, that becomes too good of an offer to turn down. I'm suspecting that's a high price, as I have missed the boat on all the young superstars. Mostly anyway.

Ive just started a game with the best team in the world Chelsea! Gonna be playing a 4-4-2 this time round instead of a 4-3-3.

Transfers

9uanba.png

Still negotiating some loan deals for some of the youngsters.

Squad

27zm63l.png

Im pleased with the squad.

Pre Season

i3c30m.png

Got raped!

Community Shield

2mzbjq0.png

****ed about the Rooney goal wanted a clean sheet, but was a good performance and who better to open the scoring then Carlos Tevez hehe. Drogba got injured for 2 weeks though, ****ed.

I started a save with chelsea with the purpose of testing some tactics, but has things worked well i'm already starting my third season.

For curiosity i made some random bids for players like ibrahimovic, kaka... and barcelona accepted a bid of €50M for messi. His price was €39M so my offer was just 11M higher wich was a surprise.

Has anyone bought him, and for how much?

Just hit Jan.

Squad and Stats

11j2fde.png

Tevez and Drogba have formed an amazing partnership and are banging them in! Anelka started off slowly and had a lengthy injury but has come back in top form!

Not sure if ill be buying or selling anyone else this season?

EPL

2a0ccbm.png

Walking it really.

Champs League

Qualified top of my group consisting of Juventus, Bordeaux and Galatassary winning 5 and drawing 1. Drawn Werder Bremen in the first knockout round.

Carling Cup

Knocked out in the quarters by Pool who beat me 1-0 at Anfield

F.A Cup

Was drawn against Pool in the 3rd round at the Bridge a late equalizer from Zhirkov in the 93rd minute from a free kick kept us in after they had gone 1-0 up, not pleased with this hopefully we can do them at Anfield!

EDIT:

Jan gone and there was some activity in the transfer market, all season my Ass Man Brian Mclair has felt that were weakest at RB and he suggested Maicon to me so i put in a 14 mill bid and it was accepted. So in he came and out went Ivanovic for 16 mill to PSG, not a bad bit of buisness :thup:

On another note i hate the Pool they beat me 3-2 at Anfield to knock me out of the F.A Cup in the 3rd round :(

Just finished my 1st season.

Squad and Stats

51r2d.png

EPL

if1ms4.png

Too many draws and goals against!

F.A Cup

Knocked out in the 3rd round by Liverpool!

Carling Cup

Knocked out in the Quarters by Liverpool!

Community Shield

Won beating United 3-1!

Champions League

2ivb4w4.png

Knocked out Bremen, Real Madrid who i beat 6-1 at the Bridge, and Liverpool!

Next Season

Already agreed a £15.75 Million deal to bring in Mata from Valencia which will result in the departure of Malouda who did have a fantastic season. Also looking to sell Bosingwa, Deco and Anelka and hopefully bring in Bojan and not sure who to bring in for Bosingwa will have a look around.

i need to get a good left back to provide cover for A.cole then i wont need to sign anyone else till probably the end of the season (providing no upsets occur) i keep trying to buy sakho but they want like 10 mil from him i dont think hes worth that much how did some of you guys get him for like 4mil?

Transfer window closed and these are the moves i made.

Transfers In

Cesar Azpilicueta - £11.25 Mill

Juan Manuel Mata - £15.75 Mill

Andy Griggs - £100 K - Potential to be as good as Petr Cech and worth the punt at £100 K!

Mario Balotelli - £14.75 Mill

Transfers Out

Florent Malouda - £15 Mill - Liverpool

Nicolas Anelka - £15 Mill - Sunderland

Jose Bosingwa - £20 Mill - Fiorentina

Bunch of youngsters - Free

Squad

23k2nx5.png

I also got through 2 amazing looking regens with the potential to be quality players from my academy.

Andy Powell has the potential to be as good as Frank Lampard!

Matthew McDermott has the potential to be as good as John Terry!

Its nuts though, i was playing as Barca, a team wirth State of The Art Youth Facilities, before i started this game and i was there for 7 whole seasons and never got one regen with the potential to be even a good player. I spend one season at Chelsea, a team with Good Youth Facilities, and i get 2 potentially World Class youngsters straight away lol! Go figure!

I don't know what's happening, but in four seasons i've played Arsenal 23 times:confused:, it's getting kind of boring. Does anyone else got through someting like this?

By now i know exactly how to win every game agaist them:rolleyes:.

I'm so fed up of Zhirkov missing sitters! Assist's or not, he's just cost me the game at Liverpool by missing two absolute sitters! What can I do to get him to learn to score from 5 yards??? :mad: mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was looking for another solid young CB, for backup or even to take Mancienne's place, and I found this guy:

marinfla.jpg

My scout with 20 JPP tells me he has the potential to be as good as Terry. :eek: He has rather poor jumping, and is either footed, so he might end up playing in MC more often. Not bad long shots either. I'm turning Chelsea Spanish, as this is the fifth one overall, and second signing in the summer transfer window.

He started at Barcelona, they let him go for a mere 2.4M.

:cool: ........ i give up.I may have won the treble twice without him but dammit he needs to succeed:p

He isn't a goalscorer. Maybe that's why you feel he isn't performing? His passing accuracy has been phenomenal in my save though. FM may have some problems, but I've found Essien to be very much like his real life self. Just...solid and reliable. So :thup: FM.

Edit: I take that back. He just scored a hat trick in a match.

:cool: ........ i give up.I may have won the treble twice without him but dammit he needs to succeed:p

Some tactics and instructions just don't suit players, although Essien is beastly so I find it hard he's not done the 'business' for you. What were his playing stats like when he had him? Goals, assists, tackles made, headers won etc..

hey all

starting my first ever game of fm2009 and not even had my first friendly yet.

what i want to know is where are the main weknesses of the initial chelsea squad, who should i consider offloading and who should i think of bringing in?

I'm thinking of offloading anelka (as i've had a 25 million bid for him already) and bringing some new blood in the attack.

The players i've looked at sop far are...........

Vagner Lover ( as it seems he can bang them in and currently unhappy in moscow)

Mario Balotelli

Juan Manuel Mata

GOnzalo Higuain

and

Sebastian Giovinco ( is he ok as a stricker or is he best suited as an attackiing midfielder left?)

are any of these players good enough for chelsea and how much should i expect to pay for them in the first transfer window. Also who are the best of the bunc i'm looking at?

don't forget to let me know who i should consider offloading

thank you in advance for any goood advice

hey all

starting my first ever game of fm2009 and not even had my first friendly yet.

what i want to know is where are the main weknesses of the initial chelsea squad, who should i consider offloading and who should i think of bringing in?

I'm thinking of offloading anelka (as i've had a 25 million bid for him already) and bringing some new blood in the attack.

The players i've looked at sop far are...........

Vagner Lover ( as it seems he can bang them in and currently unhappy in moscow)

Mario Balotelli

Juan Manuel Mata

GOnzalo Higuain

and

Sebastian Giovinco ( is he ok as a stricker or is he best suited as an attackiing midfielder left?)

are any of these players good enough for chelsea and how much should i expect to pay for them in the first transfer window. Also who are the best of the bunc i'm looking at?

don't forget to let me know who i should consider offloading

thank you in advance for any goood advice

another 2 young strikers i'm looking at are henri saivet and a lad named kerrison (Benifica) are they any good for chelsea(or will they grow into anything good) and what are they like compared to the other strikers i mentioned in my previous message?

I'm also looking into getting some new wide attacking midfielders (left and right)

I already put yury zhirkov into the squad before i started the game but i think i especially need to look into getting a new wide players especially on the right hand side.

any suggestions?

I just got fazio for 17 million, hope it was a good deal!!??!!

who would be the partner ship terry/fazio, carvahlo/fazio or terry/carvalho? i'm still in the opening season.

should i now offload alex and is ivanovic? are they worth holding onto?

terry/fazio imo.

cheers for the defence partnership suggestions

i think i'll get rid of alex for now and alternat with what i have to see how it alll turns out:)

does anyone have any opiions to the quality and expected price to pay at the beginning of the first transfer window for...........

Vagner Love

Juan Manuel Mata

Gnzalo Higuain

and

Sebastian Giovinco

Archived