FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

What am I lacking? What is needed to overcome Man United and Arsenal who seem to be untouchable. Before you all say it, I know that I'm an incompetant manager so please don't take the mick at my failings with Chelsea. I just find it so much harder than 08, on which I won 11 consecutive titles. I'm going to show you my plans so that you might be able to help me: everyone else seems to win league titles with unbeaten seasons so I'm sure you can help.

You need to keep the ins and outs at a minimum. Chelsea already have a very strong team!

If you play 4-3-3, you only need two players for your first XI. The rest is very solid. The following team will be good enough and very gelled:

Cech

*Lahm

Cole

Carvalho

Terry

Essien

Ballack

Lampard

Cole

*Zhirkov

Drogba

Then I would only add two back up players. Sell Anelka and buy Love, sell Malouda and buy Guardado. You honestly dont need anyone else. Sure, you can, but if you're struggling plenty already, just keep it very simple! If you cant win with this team, its not your players, but your tactics. Getting better players wont help you that much!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't buy Zhirkov in the end as although he's fantastic for assists he has a finishing of 9, which means he just spurns too many opportunities.

Zhirkov is great! Plus if you set his crossing to frequent so that he doesn't cut into the box and thus shouldn't miss as much.

I didn't buy Zhirkov in the end as although he's fantastic for assists he has a finishing of 9, which means he just spurns too many opportunities.

Zhirkov scores plenty for me. Just because his finishing is 9, doesnt mean he'll rarely score. Likewise a 20 for finishing doesnt at all mean he'll always score.

End of first season. Was top all through the season until game 34 when I lost to Man U and Liverpool. THis is a recurring pattern that has ultimately cost me the league. Any help in remedying that would be good, but in the meantime here is my season ss's.

End of season table

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/MessiMoran/?action=view&current=FinalTable09.jpg

Transfers

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/MessiMoran/?action=view&current=Transfers.jpg&newest=1

End of first season. Was top all through the season until game 34 when I lost to Man U and Liverpool. THis is a recurring pattern that has ultimately cost me the league. Any help in remedying that would be good, but in the meantime here is my season ss's.

End of season table

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/MessiMoran/?action=view&current=FinalTable09.jpg

Transfers

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/MessiMoran/?action=view&current=Transfers.jpg&newest=1

You mind posting a screen of your team. Im just interested to see how you lined up. You bought some pretty good players.

I don't have internet atm but I'll try to later. At the moment I'm 5 points behind Man U in November but I'm 1-0 down to Sunderland so it's about to be 8...my strikers just don't seem to be able to score and Fazio and Lampard are currently battling it out for top scorer...

Hey just got in to the transfer season and looking to help my squad. i have 53.2million to spend and would like recomendations on who to sign.

My current squad is:

GK:

Cech

Dudek

DEF:

Terry

Cacares

Bosingwa

A.Cole

Brown

Mancienne

Ivanovic

Guilherme

MID:

Lampard

Essien

Diarra

Messi

Arshavin

Fletcher

Woods

ST:

Aguero

Tevez

Jo

Bojan

Parisi

Adriano

Any recomendations on who to sell or where i need strengthening would be nice

Possibly abit light at CB, perhaps bring in someone like Sakho? Or D.Luiz? Backup RB, probably want someone youthful, so maybe Opare?

OK then made a bid for D.Luiz and pretty much got Opare.

Any other players u recommend i buy?

Hey just got in to the transfer season and looking to help my squad. i have 53.2million to spend and would like recomendations on who to sign.

My current squad is:

GK:

Cech

Dudek

DEF:

Terry

Cacares

Bosingwa

A.Cole

Brown

Mancienne

Ivanovic

Guilherme

MID:

Lampard

Essien

Diarra

Messi

Arshavin

Fletcher

Woods

ST:

Aguero

Tevez

Jo

Bojan

Parisi

Adriano

Any recomendations on who to sell or where i need strengthening would be nice

Have a crack at signing Kaka.I got him for £44 million and is by far(IMO)better than any player Chelsea have at the club

I just brought Lampard back and still cant touch him.

Okay my friend :)

Ive had, 5.3million bids accepted from A.C Milan and Udinese for Sanchez

But im trying to negotiate a deal for Giovinco, im edging towards him, but, only have a 3million budget left, but I do have 300k under my wage budget, soo, some to play with, hopefully selling Malouda aswell :)

Right, Chelsea season is up and running, joint 3rd after a few games, soo, i'll cut out the boring bits, and get straight to the transfrers!

Soo, for the incomings:

V.Enyeama - 250k - H.Tel-Aviv

M.Hamsik - Napoli/I.Milan - 13million

Alberto Paloschi - Parma/ A.C Milan - 1.6million

Alexis Sanchez - Udinese/ A.C Milan - 10.3million

S.Giovinco - Juventus - 15.5million

F.Zuculini - Racing CLub - 500k

Keirisson - Palmeiras - 3.7miilion

Outgoings:

Michael Ballack - Juventus - 8.75million

R.Carvalho - Real Madrid - 20million

F.Malouda - Bordeux - 12.75million

F.Ferreira - Man City - 6.5miilion

Beletti - Udinese - 4.5million

Currently doing really well, looking to bring in a new centre back for January, and have Paloschi being tutored by Drogba, however, may be looking to sell Drogba, and bring in Mario Balotelli :)

Do I go for Davide Santon from Inter Milan? orr? Dario Srna from Shaktar?

I'd go with Santon. Actually,i would go with Daniel Opare instead of both of them. Opare always develops into a very good player by 2010 and by 2020 he's worth 30 odd million(un my game anyway)

Well, with all this money ive been given, ive decided to splash out :D!!

Incoming, Balotelli from Inter Milan for 8.5million

Santon from Inter Milan for 3.5million

Opare from Real Madrid for 200k

Sakho from PSG for 9.5million

Now, not really sure wherelse to improve my squad, maybe upfront :)

Okay, well, I hope he repays me :p!

Yer yer, ive jsut got a scout report, and my scout said "He isnt far from having the required potential to be better than Essien" , soo? he must be okay now, soo, ill probably be getting him in, I have 26million left :)

Archived