FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

Hi would welcome some help please.

I'm in my third season with Chelsea. We just won the Premier League and Champions League in the second season but this new season has gone completely wrong and I don't understand how.

From having a solid defence the previous season we are now conceding goals every game and are struggling too score. The squad is the same with only Lionel Messi and Keirrison joining. I am using the same tactics from the previous season too.

I am currently 14th in the league - Played 7 Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 3 For 9 Ag 11

This is my squad.

Goalkeepers

Petr Cech

Fredrico Vilar

Defenders

Domenico Criscito

Branislav Ivanovic

John Terry

Fredrico Fazio

Gerard Pique

Ashley Cole

Daniel Opare

Central Midfield

Andrea Pirlo

John Obi Mikel

Franco Zuculini

Kaka

Franck Lampard

Michael Essien

Canales

Guilherme

Wide Players

Ronaldinho

Leo Messi

Ibrahim Affelay

Salomon Kalou

Henri Saivet

Strikers

Pato

Keirrison

Eden Dzeko

This would generally be my Starting XI and formation

............Cech

Opare Pique Terry A.Cole

.............Pirlo

......Essien Lampard/Kaka

Messi...................Ronaldinho

.........Pato/Keirrison

Its basically the same starting XI that won the double with only Messi being the main additon to the starting line up.

I'm worried about the defence because last season any combo i used was solid so any ideas on how to stop the rot would be welcome?? :confused:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a game with the Blues!

In:

Chiellini 20M

Tevez 17.5M

Camoranesi 10M

Maicon 25M + P/ex

Out:

Malouda 15M Sunderland

Shevchenko 3.5M Aston Villa

Ballack 10M Villarreal

Pizarro 5M Genoa

Ivanovic Man City 15M

Anelka Man City 20M ( First for 30M but he rejected contract :S )

Carvalho Inter P/ex ( Unhappy and was usefull to get Maicon )

Cech

Maicon Terry Chiellini Cole

Deco Essien

Camoranesi Lampard Zhirkov

Tevez/Drogba

Turnbull, Mancienne, Alex, Bosingwa, Belleti, Ferreira, Mikel, Kalou, Joe Cole, Sturridge

Won first game away against Arsenal 3-0...NICEEE! :D

These are the transfers I have made for my first season.

Vagner Love: Always scores goals, 4 in 3 so far.

Vincent Enyeama: Needed a back-up keeper, 75k off of my feeder club, not gonna turn it down.

Yohan Cabaye: Did brilliant for me in my Fiorentina game, and even as back-up he's a good player.

Daniel Opare: One for the future, needs a work permit so he's gone on loan to Westerlo.

Razvan Ochirosii: 500k is cheap, if he doesn't do well here he can be sold for good money. On loan at Westerlo.

Peter Masilela: Nothing more than back-up, we had one left-back before this.

Alberto Paloschi: For £2m he should be great in the future.

Jan Polak: Was great for me on 08 so looked him up on this, was on the transfer list at £35k, couldn't say no. Gone on loan to Westerlo.

Rajko Brezancic: Will probably sell him on for some money, £8k was nothing so went for it, needs a work permit so at Westerlo.

Mamadou Sakho: When Ricky went I needed a good replacement, so I got him.

Stefan Radu: Just for more back-up at the back, he should develop well.

Germán Pacheco: Developed well in my mate's game and he doesn't look to bad. Gone to Westerlo as he needs a work permit.

Cristián Zapata: Replacing Carvalho along with Sakho, £23m for two quality CBs in my opinion.

Franco Zuculini: Coming in January for £500k, if he doesn't do well here will always make good money.

Tried to get Tsvetomir Todorov but the co-owning crap made sure the deal didn't go true in time.

Well, just out of the blue, ive been offered 30mil from Man City for Anelka, soo hes definetly on his bike!

Soo? it now leaves me with just Drogba and Paloschi, can anyone recommend me a world class striker to sign?

Saying that, I do have Keirisson and Balotelli arriving in January, sooo? what to do?

And im also thinking aobut selling Drogba, hes been utter useless tbh, 24 games, 5 goals, 1 assist :S?

If I could get 30million for him to id be happy :)

Sooo, I dont know who to get?

Aguero? Tevez? Pato?

I'm in my third season with Chelsea. We just won the Premier League and Champions League in the second season but this new season has gone completely wrong and I don't understand how.

From having a solid defence the previous season we are now conceding goals every game and are struggling too score. The squad is the same with only Lionel Messi and Keirrison joining. I am using the same tactics from the previous season too.

This is my squad.

Goalkeepers

Petr Cech

Fredrico Vilar

Defenders

Domenico Criscito

Branislav Ivanovic

John Terry

Fredrico Fazio

Gerard Pique

Ashley Cole

Daniel Opare

Central Midfield

Andrea Pirlo

John Obi Mikel

Franco Zuculini

Kaka

Franck Lampard

Michael Essien

Canales

Guilherme

Wide Players

Ronaldinho

Leo Messi

Ibrahim Affelay

Salomon Kalou

Henri Saivet

Strikers

Pato

Keirrison

Eden Dzeko

............Cech

Opare Pique Terry A.Cole

.............Pirlo

.........Pato/Keirrison

Its basically the same starting XI that won the double with only Messi being the main additon to the starting line up.

I'm worried about the defence because last season any combo i used was solid so any ideas on how to stop the rot would be welcome??

Thanks

Tweak your instructions?

Saying that, I do have Keirisson and Balotelli arriving in January, sooo? what to do?

And im also thinking aobut selling Drogba, hes been utter useless tbh, 24 games, 5 goals, 1 assist :S?

If I could get 30million for him to id be happy

Sooo, I dont know who to get?

Aguero? Tevez? Pato?

And Anelka left for 30million to Man CIty :O!!

Now trying to buy another striker, hopefully Pato, or Bojan or Aguero or Benzema

How much should I be looking to sell Drogba for?

Calm down ITFC 1. :D

Drogba look for £15-25Million.

Sorry sorry, its been a bit busy on the transfer front this morning :p!!

Benzemas on his way, I got Walcott, Balotelli and Keirison aswell.

Drogba looks set to leave

Its all go at Stamford Bridge, me and my backroom staff are up all hours trying to tie up deals :p!

Well, Drogbas gone now, 17million, I was rather happy :)

Zuculini and Opare came in and were both sent out on loan for the rest of the season, get vital expierance :)

Zuculini went to St MIrren, and Opare went to Westerlo

Right, I think im finished for transfers wise now, its only a few days into January, but I feel the squad is in depth, and ready to put in a serious title challenge between now and the end of the season, soo heres my squad:

Goalkeepers:

Petr Cech

Vincent Enyeama

Hilario

Right Backs:

Jose Bosingwa

Daniel Opare - On Loan to Westero, Work Permit Reasons

Kyle Naughton - Looking to loan out.

Davide Santon

Left Backs:

Ashley Cole

Centre Backs:

John Terry

Mamadou Sakho

Alex

Branislav Ivanovic

Centre Midfield:

Michael Essien

John Obi Mikel - Not sure wether to sell or not :S

Frank Lampard

Franco Zuculini - On loan at St Mirren

Marek Hamsik

Attacking Left/Right Midfielders:

Alexis Sanchez

Sebastien Giovinco

Mario Balotelli

John Fleck

Joe Cole

Salomoun Kalou - Looking to sell

Theo Walcott

Strikers:

Yanis Tafer - on loan at St Mirren

Alberto Paloschi

Karim Benzema

Keirisson

Obviously, Balotelli, Giovinco and Walcott can play upfront aswell if neeeded :)

Sooo, is there anywhere where I could strengthen the squad?

Any replies would be great :)

ITFC1

Oh, the irony.

By the way, how well does Gael Kakuta turn out to be in your saves? I had to start him twice as both my starting left winger and backup left winger were injured. All the coaches said he's a selfish player, but he got one assist in each game. I have Angel Di Maria starting, and Kalou was the backup. He looks decent currently, but my best coach tells me he will be a leading Premier Division left winger. I know Di Maria is better (his ratings are incredible), just wondering how much Kakuta can be worth in a few years.

Also, Hulk is :thup:. Him and Balotelli have been attempting to outscore each other while I rotate the two as starter. Hulk has had the best so far, and is generally playing better. He put two past Akinfeev in the Champions League. (If Ashley Cole hadn't gotten a red card, it would have been a great victory.) Then again, Balotelli celebrated his first appearance for Italy by scoring a hat trick. :eek: Too bad he never does that for me...

Drogba is now 32 in pre-season before the start of my third season, Lyon have offered £20mil for him, i'm a bit miffed in what to do as he's been a goal machine for me but i also know that i may not get another opportunity to offload him for that much, considering his age. When is the best time to offload him? He doesn't seem to be slowing down in my game, his stats continue to get refined (especially his mental ones)

This is my squad.

Goalkeepers

Petr Cech

Fredrico Vilar

Defenders

Domenico Criscito

Branislav Ivanovic

John Terry

Fredrico Fazio

Gerard Pique

Ashley Cole

Daniel Opare

Central Midfield

Andrea Pirlo

John Obi Mikel

Franco Zuculini

Kaka

Franck Lampard

Michael Essien

Canales

Guilherme

Wide Players

Ronaldinho

Leo Messi

Ibrahim Affelay

Salomon Kalou

Henri Saivet

Strikers

Pato

Keirrison

Eden Dzeko

............Cech

Opare Pique Terry A.Cole

.............Pirlo

.........Pato/Keirrison

I'm worried about the defence because last season any combo i used was solid so any ideas on how to stop the rot would be welcome?? :confused:

How much did you pay for Messi?I've bid over 100mil for him and they always reject my offer.

Drogba is now 32 in pre-season before the start of my third season, Lyon have offered £20mil for him, i'm a bit miffed in what to do as he's been a goal machine for me but i also know that i may not get another opportunity to offload him for that much, considering his age. When is the best time to offload him? He doesn't seem to be slowing down in my game, his stats continue to get refined (especially his mental ones)

I would sell him for that offer. :thup:

Hmmmm, well, im not sure what to do, ive recieved a 23mil bid from Citeh for Mikel, and I can get Camacho for 15million, and he looks capable at playing in both DM and CM, soo, im not sure what to do, Bolzoni looks good aswell, we'll see :)

Hi, this is my squad, third season, I've won every trophy available to me so far, so I'm able to sign anyone. I'm making a £5m profit a month, so I have a large transfer budget. Just hit January of 2010, so heres my squad, any improvements needed?

Goalkeepers

Victor Valdes

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Defenders

Michael Mancienne

Micah Richards

Mamadou Sakho

Federico Fazio

Vincent Kompany

Joe Mattock

Davide Santon

Midfielders

Daniele De Rossi

Michael Essien

Cesc Fabregas

Stephen Ireland

Andres Iniesta

Wingers

Lionel Messi

Marquinhos

Juan Manuel Mata

Daniel Sturridge

Gael Kakuta

Strikers

Karim Benzema

Mario Balotelli

Danny Welbeck

I normally play this, although it depends on the opposition;

Valdes

Santon Fazio Sakho Mattock

Essien

Iniesta Fabregas

Messi~~~~~~~~Mata

Benzema

Any thoughts on what I can do to improve my squad? Cheers, Ditler.

Good money but come on there the backbone of Chelsea, i could never sell either of them and you replaced Cech with Valdes?

Fabregas is better in the game imo, so wasn't bothered about losing Lampard. Terry was on alot higher wages than the rest of the squad, and Sakho needed games. Sold Cech for £35m, brought Valdes in for £8m, it's only for a season or two till I start Fiorillio.

I always sell Kakuta for a couple of million after a season or two. He's average at best, think Nani...is Di Maria any good?

Yes. Di Maria is pretty much my best player. He has the best ratings game after game. For three seasons he has consistently held greater than a 7.40, and he's the fan's favorite player. Still young, and still getting better. He's not so good at ball handling, but it's coming along.

Great season messi! (Y)

So far I'm sitting first after 17 games 16 won 1 draw away against Everton.

49-2 +47 and 7 points ahead of Man Utd.

2 games left till January transferwindow. I want to get another striker, but I need to let some go first.

Had Torres agreeing to join me for 60m, but it was just a test to see if Liverpool would accept and to see if he would join.

Now looking to sell Joe Cole, Deco and maybe Drogba to raise some funds?

Also Jack Cork (DC) he scored on his debut, is he worth keeping? He looks good for the future and English like Mancienne..

I have Camoranesi playing on his position and he's been a superb signing according to the fans..so he's doing great there.

Cole is doing okay, but I don't need him..

I'm playing with this database: gazwefc Official Season 09-10 Update..you can find it in the forums

Archived