FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

Anyone have experience with Lamps and JT, I read that they last at top level football up till the age of 38 or so, sounds great to me:D

Thats about right, but the same applies to Ballack too though. You dont need to replace him, unless you get Kaká or something (will cost you €70M)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most goals I've ever had a DC finish with is 9, which came from Terry in roughly 50 appearances. While we're on the topic of DC's, does anyone know about how many seasons I can expect Carvalho to be a solid defender for me? He never makes mistakes in the back and is an awesome pairing with Terry so I'd hate to sell him, but if it makes sense I'd like to know when he starts to fall off.

I always let Carvalho go in the first season. I always replace him with Fazio... he is a god! Scores and has a ridiculous AvR come the end of the season!

Keep Mancienne, i just had a £12.75m bid from Udinese for him so i accepted! he is a perfect backup CB!

Signed a new CB to replace Terry as he is getting on and i like my defenders to be quick and powerful and young! will keep JT as my backup, motivational sub! sorted

How does Kakuta get later on? he looks fairly good, but i dunno whether to introduce him to more first team football or not!?

Aleksiss: Your transfer budget will largely depend on your success during the first season, if I'm not mistaken. I won the Prem, CL, FA Cup and League Cup and got £66 million. From what I've seen you can expect a new stadium around the 2010-11 season.

Looks like the virtual football gods just weren't with you that game Canal! :)

I always let Carvalho go in the first season. I always replace him with Fazio... he is a god! Scores and has a ridiculous AvR come the end of the season!

Keep Mancienne, i just had a £12.75m bid from Udinese for him so i accepted! he is a perfect backup CB!

Signed a new CB to replace Terry as he is getting on and i like my defenders to be quick and powerful and young! will keep JT as my backup, motivational sub! sorted

How does Kakuta get later on? he looks fairly good, but i dunno whether to introduce him to more first team football or not!?

Kakuta becomes a very good/top left winger :thup:

my goalscorers in the game Vs Preston were Coutinho and Balotelli! with Hamsik missing a penalty!

just reluctantly sold Essien, he was 30, and Barca put in a £40.5m bid, so i accepted.... :( sad times...

now i got, Hamsik, Dzagoev, Camacho and Zuculini who can play CM! thats good enough if you ask me!

i was (£38m) on my balance, i felt it was necessary to get some cash in, and my squad is not huge so wanted to ship out one player ONLY! unfortunately, essien was the only one i could get at least £35m for! i have Zuculini who has potential to be as good as Essien, so i am happy enough!

muahahahahaha tapped up Valter Di Salvo from Real Madrid, any other great top level coaches you guys can reccomend?

how on earth did you get rid of wilkins im trying to terminate his contract but they keep blocking me :@ anyone know of a way i can get rid of him and some other members of staff

Hello everyone. I just got this game last week and have started a game playing as Chelsea. After some transfers and good matches (I've only lost one, and it's December :D) I have around 30M pounds to spend. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to spend it all now, while I have it, or to save it.

I sold Carvalho earlier in the season because he seriously wouldn't stop moaning about everything I did. I got around 20M I think. So now there's a bit of a hole in my defense, as my starter, Ivanovic, is injured for 3-4 months, and the guy who has stepped in has been under performing. I have tried going after this Fazio guy everyone raves about on these forums, except it would cost me 28M. Which is another thing, why is it so high?!?

So should I get him? Or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Since you've sold Carvalho who is one of the clubs best centre backs I think you should fill the place that was left by him so I'd splash out on a quality centre back. The reason why Fazios price is so high is because Seville will be reluctant too sell him because he has a lot of potential and he becomes one of the best centre backs in the game after 3 years. Other centre backs I'd have a look at would be Marcano, Sakho and Zapata.

Hello everyone. I just got this game last week and have started a game playing as Chelsea. After some transfers and good matches (I've only lost one, and it's December :D) I have around 30M pounds to spend. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to spend it all now, while I have it, or to save it.

I sold Carvalho earlier in the season because he seriously wouldn't stop moaning about everything I did. I got around 20M I think. So now there's a bit of a hole in my defense, as my starter, Ivanovic, is injured for 3-4 months, and the guy who has stepped in has been under performing. I have tried going after this Fazio guy everyone raves about on these forums, except it would cost me 28M. Which is another thing, why is it so high?!?

So should I get him? Or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Welcome to the forum Oypus, I have moved your thread into the place you should ask first, i.e. your club thread.

Now to your questions, buy Fazio he’s quality failing that you could go for someone like Sakho but he’s more a long term signing.

Definitely Fazio!! without a doubt one of the best CBs in the game! and as everyone says, Sakho and N'koulou have potential... but surprisingly so does Mark Beevers... he is fantastic on my game! i think he is at Sheffield Wednesday?

this is the first time he has scored that many!! usually its about 15, but i have played him DMC and MC a fair amount this season...

Balotelli is my top scorer so far with 34 in 40!

then its Aguero with 28

then Fazio!

im not gonna use the corner cheat next season, as it does get a BIT boring! i want to find tactics that work well, that i find!

sevilla will not sell fazio to me at all i offered 26mil and still nothing, even when i tried trading him for bosingwa too

what season are you in? i got fazio for around £23m in the first season! thats the cheapest time to get him! he is worth paying up to about £40m! he just does not let anyone past!? Sakho and Fazio are my potential CB's, after JT retires obviously

What do you guys do with Joe Cole, he is alright in this game, but I dont think he will get much game time over Walcott. Should I sell or keep him on the bench? Somehow I dont see Joe Cole happy just being a squad player, but if he is I should keep him on.

I've still got him in 2011 as a squad player and he only gets maybe 10 games a season and hasn't complained once. Worth keeping unless you get a huge offer IMO as he can play across the midfield.

Archived