After playing the demo, will you buy it?

I am currently unsure now as it seems i cannot run 3d mode which was the one thing i was looking forward too.

Now the thing is when i got FIFA Manager 08 a while back the 3d mode worked with that.

I find the fifa manager 08 laggier than this, to be honest. Do you have one of the onboard intel GPUs that there seems to be some sort of issue with by any chance?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then what are you left with?

FM2008

Initial thoughts aren't good. As said, in terms of making steps forward, this is probably the worst FM ever.

I disagree, I'd already miss a few of the things in 09 - press conferences, being able to sell players... lol having a team that's not injured :p

Not too impressed tbh. Very undecided as to weather i should buy it or not.

Before playing demo I was 100% certain but this really could be the worst FM ever.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't overly impressed. I just don't know what it is, it really seemed too hard at the beginning tbh.

But I preordered it from Steam and thought about canceling, but I ended up winning a few games and now I think I'll keep it.

Worst FM ever? I think that's a little pushing it.

the ddoouubbllee lleetttteerr pprroobblleemm. They say they do a lot of in house testing by a number of different people and then send it to Sega for a few days to be tested, and not one person noticed that!

I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY MY COMP!

And wow, that's embarassing... I realized though, that if you kind of tap lightly and don't push down too hard, you can get around it.

And then what are you left with?

FM2008

Initial thoughts aren't good. As said, in terms of making steps forward, this is probably the worst FM ever.

My thoughts exactly.

I originally questioned the OP with why he thought it was the worst FM ever, but that was before my download had completed. Since playing it, I'm in his camp. And quite unbelievably so, I never thought I'd not be buying this year's FM after looking forward to it for so long. Buying FM is something I've done every year since 2000, and without a thought, knowing (or at least thinking) it would be just as good, if not better, than the last incarnation.

I'm actually glad I played the demo, because if I'd received that in the post on the 14th, I would've been quite angry. Due to the current financial situation, it's getting harder for people to afford treats, and if I'd paid what would've been £25 on FM09, I would've felt cheated.

Playing Sunderland, first game of the season. 45 minutes in, they've got 2 knocks and a serious injury. Thank god that's not happened to me, would be left with less than 11 fully fit first team players.

And look at this. Manager Interaction - the comments haven't changed and exactly the same options are there.

*sigh*

not being funny iagree with all of you fm09 is **** why the hell is the game out later than others?when all they do is make **** gameing.what the hell is going on with 3d and the other bugs.also we will have to wait for a patch to come out to sort this.but remember fm08 they said there will be a patch to sort game and guess what there was a patch but did it fix bugs no.i think they need to give up there crap.something else why dont you get working on the patch and release it for the 14th.put alot of effort and time in it as you have really screwed up

i like it' date=' what ill do with 3D Is, use it to watch where im going wrong tactically, as its easier to spot things, then just watch 2d normally, although 3D Has got better as i've got into it, Keeper seems to dive alot more in league matches,[/quote']

I hope so! Have played two friendlies, had three goals socred and have yet to see a keeper make an attempt at a save.

I've just been told that my team didn't have the best of times against Sunderland in my last match.

2 of the answers available to me are; 'it has the potential to be a great influence on the team' and 'i think it might be a good influence'.

The more I play, the more I find myself swaying towards FIFA Manager 09.

not being funny iagree with all of you fm09 is **** why the hell is the game out later than others?when all they do is make **** gameing.what the hell is going on with 3d and the other bugs.also we will have to wait for a patch to come out to sort this.but remember fm08 they said there will be a patch to sort game and guess what there was a patch but did it fix bugs no.i think they need to give up there crap.something else why dont you get working on the patch and release it for the 14th.put alot of effort and time in it as you have really screwed up

-----------

Im sure u'd make a much better game!!

Well like i said Earlier, i then because in Pre-season it says all players are complacement, yet in my league match Vs Blackburn, he made around 6 saves, 4 of which he dived and were good saves,

Im sure u'd make a much better game!!

Well like i said Earlier' date=' i then because in Pre-season it says all players are complacement, yet in my league match Vs Blackburn, he made around 6 saves, 4 of which he dived and were good saves,[/quote']

I don't think that's fair. I think the reason people are so annoyed is because they were expecting a better game than FM08, and they got a worse one.

I don't think that's fair. I think the reason people are so annoyed is because they were expecting a better game than FM08, and they got a worse one.

I don't think there are any grounds for saying it is worse than 08. Even if you completely ignore the 3D and only use the 2D, it is in my opinion far better.

09 is 1 more than 08.

When things get older, in general, they progress.

FM09 simply doesn't progress enough from FM08 to make it a good game. If it were released as the first game in a series, it'd be fantastic, a seriously superb game, but since we have other games to make comparisons with and see the improvements, it falls way below standard.

I don't think there are any grounds for saying it is worse than 08. Even if you completely ignore the 3D and only use the 2D, it is in my opinion far better.

Obviously they have made improvements since 08, what I meant was it's a worse game in the fact that half the people can't get it to work on their computers and even if they could, it's barely playable until SI patch it. For me anyway.

Im finding it could, i like it more using Any 3D or 2D.

Think there's some good features like Ass manager, Press conferences etc,

The biggest Problem is how do they make the game better? they might be sacrafising say Short Term sales by adding 3D, For then long term dominance once again, once 3D Is perfect and what not, i've seen things to suggest 3D Will be very good, i've scored some terrefic team goals which look so fluent and pleasing on the eye in 3d along with a couple of belters!

i just can't wait to think how good it will be in 2010/2011, nothing would come close to it on the market!

i think the game is awesome. im not getting any stutter, 3d is working fine and looks great. havnt got too far yet so lots more to find out. it does seem like their are too many injuries at the moment but im sure its an easy fix. everything else is so minor as to not even be worth mentioning. BUY IT!

I've quite enjoyed the demo and it ran very smoothly - but I have unfortunately had two crashes already, which is putting me off somewhat. Was certain I'd be buying pre-demo, unsure now.

As for the match engine, yes it's limited visually - but I think if you can channel your imagination the way we did with previous versions rather than look for unachievable reality, it's pretty cool.

Obviously they have made improvements since 08, what I meant was it's a worse game in the fact that half the people can't get it to work on their computers and even if they could, it's barely playable until SI patch it. For me anyway.

Why is it barely playable? I have only found very minor glitches so far.

The graphics problem I'm sure will be fixed relatively quickly. I think a lot of the people who can't get it to work now will be able to play it quite soon.

On an unrelated note, I find playing in classic view gives much smoother 3D than in TV view.

Im gonna give buying it miss for now, the injuries do seem a game breaker in all honesty. Maybe once we've had a few patches and the game is in good working order i'll part with my cash, ive got FML to play anyway which in the most part is bug free.

I actually thought no, before playing the demo.

But like others have mentioned, the only key complaint seems to be the injuries. No freezing anywhere for me so far, and I don't have a top-of-the-line machine. 3D is smooth, if less than stellar, but still enjoyable.

I LOVE this game. Despite what people are saying 3D is pretty good. I have no problems with it, the hasn't crashed and it runs perfectly. True, there are a lot of improvements that need to made to the 3D but I think this is a great start. Press conferences are awesome! I do think after a while they'll get annoying but I love that they're there. I didn't do many trasfers so I couldn't tell how much they're improved I in fact they have been. Now you can actually sell your players. :)

PS: I find this thread to be kind of meaningless. Why? I bet you at least 90% of the people who say they won't buy the game, will end up buying it! That's a guarantee.

Im not sure if i will buy it. I have had every championship manager until it became FM and have had everyone since then. Its just the injuries on the game is really anoying. At the moment im Newcastle and have 8 first team players out all out for a total of 18 months and 3 weeks.

Yes . Because i want to manage Newcastle , so far in the demo i have managed Farslay (after starting unemployed) and played 1 game and lost 0-3 at home to Accrington . Now i am playing as Luton (challenge) with the aim of getting them out of the relegation zone by the end of the December . After that i think i will uninstall the demo and wait for FM09 official release , as i just want to use the demo to get used to the new features.

3D view is dropping frames like crazy for me; it's so jerky it's essentially unwatchable. (2D is fine, but I really don't want to go back to 2D anymore.) Everything else seems fine, but the 3D was the biggest thing I was waiting for, so I guess I'll have to skip this iteration. :(

i believe there's an issue with the 3-D appearing jerky on large displays. Trying running it in a smaller window and see if that improves things.

that's a good question really - Will I Buy it? Possible yes.

I, unlike many people it seems, knew the 3D wasn't going to be cutting edge. I was never expecting it to be PES or FIFA within FM. As long as I can see tacticlly what happens, I'm happy....

I won't be buying. I'm amazed at how bad this demo is in terms of bugs and things just not working as slickly as they should. Possibly the worst demo from SI I've seen.

Now usually I would buy and wait for the patch. Not this year. I remember last year when the demo was released and we all gave feedback and found loads of silly errors. Remember when the patch came out? I was under the impression one would come out the day of release but we waited and waited and waited. Nothing.

Once bitten twice shy. I won't be buying this year, not until the patch is out. I mean I can't even right click on the Mac in this game without the game freezing.

This is bad.

The game went Gold before the demo came out, so the bugs wont be fixed by release.

Still, I bet that the demo is based on pre-gold version code. Some of the issues reported are bound to be fixed in the final release.

As to the original question, yes, I will certainly buy.

Archived