Player who won the pk not credited with an assist anymore?

I think assist flagging is broken in FM18, I have seen the wrong player credited with assists (not fixed in 18.2.1, even if some patch note said so).

My last game had my striker shooting and hitting the bar and the rebound resulted in another player scored, but my defender got credit for an assist.

The assist on pen seems to use a rule set we can't figure out, because sometimes pen is an assist and sometimes it's not.

1 minute ago, DarkSleeper said:

In earlier fm's (before fm17) I'm 100% sure u would get an assist if a player won a pk. It has been removed since u don't get an assist in real life either I think.

Only on things like fantasy premier league would you be credited with an assist. Not the official records, as far as I know. 

21 hours ago, jere_d said:

Sure it's always been like this on fm. For some reason winning fks and pens don't earn you assists.

21 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Correct. No change for FM18, it was always like this.

This just isnt true. I cant speak for all versions, but I am 100% that on at least fm 14 you got an assist on penalties. I looked up in fm 17, and you dont get assist from penalties there, so somewhere along the road SI changed it up

1 hour ago, SideLineBiscuit said:

This just isnt true. I cant speak for all versions, but I am 100% that on at least fm 14 you got an assist on penalties. I looked up in fm 17, and you dont get assist from penalties there, so somewhere along the road SI changed it up

Very well, I stand corrected. I have not played all the versions, but in the ones I have, you don't get assists. Most notably, in FM17 you certainly don't.

1 hour ago, SideLineBiscuit said:

Well every fm i can remember for some reason these events don't warrant an assist. A bit annoying but hopefully someone knows why.

I think it was there in FM16. I'm glad it was removed tbh, as the assist led to a spike in the player rating if the penalty was scored, yet no increase in rating if the penalty was missed. This basically meant the match rating of player X (the player who was pushed in the box while challenging for a set piece which saw a penalty awarded) would significantly and misleadingly increase (or not) due to the actions of player Y (the actual penalty taker).

Archived