[FM18] CanPL and Canadian Pyramid

DocK7B9WkAIpUKq.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1528046562<- Steam link
For CCL to work, you also need this separate file: https://goo.gl/MY7sqb  

Logos requires a separate installation process:https://goo.gl/U7fYZh  You can also use that logo link if you want to use the mod without steam.

Oct 1 Update: There has been a major overhaul to the mod, with the inclusion of all announced CanPL teams, the announced CanPL format, new L1O/PLSQ teams, and more. Please note, other than the new L1O and PLSQ teams, rosters for other lower division teams are from last season. I will continue to work at updating these rosters. CanPL wage budgets have also been lowered to 1.25m to reflect latest rumours. I also ended up removing the PCSL, as it was impossible to produce in any detail given its status as an amateur league.

The Canadian Pyramid Mod adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 18, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, and Canada third and fourth divisions (L1O, PLSQ). 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-A couple standout players from the CanPL Got Game Open Trials have also been made available as free agents
-Full rosters for all Canadian USL, PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 700 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-All Canadians playing in the American system, down to PDL
-Potential Ability for key players in L1O and PLSQ informed by scouting data provided by prominent Canadian data analyst Aaron Nielsen 
-Full rosters for TFC, Whitecaps, and Montreal Impact academies
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia

CPL: Pacific FC, FC Edmonton, Cavalry FC, Valour FC, Forge FC, York 9 FC, HFX Wanderers FC - winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Voyageurs Cup: CPL teams, MLS teams (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver), USL team (Ottawa), PLSQ champion, and L1O champion. Winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Lower Divisions: League1 Ontario, Premier League Soccer Quebec

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.
-Credit also goes to canucksabroad.ca for player information

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

---

Below is outdated:

You can find the file over at the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1206790064
It also requires: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1206791615

Adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 18, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, and a second division (L1O, PLSQ, PCSL). 

Other features:
-Full rosters for all Canadian PDL teams (including those not promoted to CanPL), L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 500 new players! 
-Potential Ability for key players informed by scouting data provided by prominent Canadian data analyst Aaron Nielsen 
-Filled out missing players for Whitecaps II and TFC II

CPL: Victoria Highlanders, British Columbia FC (Surrey), FC Edmonton, Calgary Foothills, Bridge City FC (Saskatoon), Winnipeg Bluebombers, Hamilton Steelers, Sauga City Collective FC (Mississauga), Royals de Quebec, Halifax Wanderers, Grand River Union (Kitchener-Waterloo); Four team playoffs, winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Voyageurs Cup: CPL teams, MLS teams (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) and the champion of a round robin tournament between PLSQ, L1O, and PCSL. Winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Canadian Second Division: Made up of League1 Ontario, Premier League Soccer Quebec, and Pacific Coast Soccer League
-Thunder Bay PDL team moved to L1O
-Vancouver and Montreal academy teams moved to PCSL and PLSQ
-Round robin playoff between 3 respective champions

-To keep things realistic, there is no PRO/REL between leagues and the three MLS teams remain with MLS
-Had to make changes to Concacaf Champions League - switched to a summer schedule, with the Caribbean receiving one less team and the CFU Cup has become an earlier stage in the champions league

-CPL Logo designed by me (Edward Hon-Sing Wong), team logos designed by GuillermoDelQuarto

To install logos:

Download FM-18canpyramidlogos.zip file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-vJcHJ6jWX8UW9LMDdrNkRBVWM?usp=sharing

Vzx3FfN.jpgsHt3WqN.jpgIP8QMM9.jpgpdQ1v8i.jpgulerTqw.jpgbDoCBZY.jpg

I3RwJi7.jpg

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

2 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

@Lolo685 I knew FC Edmonton joins CPL but I didn't know also Ottawa Fury, I know Ottawa fury continues in USL

This mod is speculative, so we won't know for sure. But there's a recent interview with the USL commissioner indicating full support for CanPL and there has been grumblings that American teams are unhappy about crossing the border and longer travel time - which seems to point to Ottawa leaving. That and the fact that Ottawa Fury are also involved with the CFL, where many of the owners are drawn from.

53 minutes ago, Pablotapiav said:

Best teams goes to continental cups? How are these teams decided.

The league winner: The winner of the championship playoff (between the top four teams in the CPL) get one spot.

and

The winner of the Voyageur (FA) Cup: which is the route for the three MLS clubs, the division 3 champion (PCSL,PLSQ,L1O) .. though a CPL club could also theoretically win this and qualify

If this isn't your cup of tea cuz of the speculative nature, I do plan on working on a version of this, sometime in the future, that focuses on just what we have right now in reality L1O, PLSQ. 

If you want to do it yourself though, you can load the file up in the database, go to database changes, and delete all the changes that aren't related to TFC III Whitecaps Residency, and Impact Development. I did all the players for each team at once, so they should all be bunched together. 

CPL.thumb.JPG.a34827ece5f8e030cc0a4a7b1f67c25d.JPG

I see:

1) Canadian Pyramid 2018;

2) Canadian Pyramid ver. 2;

3) Canpyramid concacaf.

Which file I must download and i must use when iI start my career?

What are the other files, FM17CPlogos and FM18-canpyramid logos?

8 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

If this isn't your cup of tea cuz of the speculative nature, I do plan on working on a version of this, sometime in the future, that focuses on just what we have right now in reality L1O, PLSQ. 

If you want to do it yourself though, you can load the file up in the database, go to database changes, and delete all the changes that aren't related to TFC III Whitecaps Residency, and Impact Development. I did all the players for each team at once, so they should all be bunched together. 

Im a huge fan of this database, but I also want to use this for my custom database which sends the MLS to England, if it ever works lol. 

5 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

CPL.thumb.JPG.a34827ece5f8e030cc0a4a7b1f67c25d.JPG

I see:

1) Canadian Pyramid 2018;

2) Canadian Pyramid ver. 2;

3) Canpyramid concacaf.

Which file I must download and i must use when iI start my career?

What are the other files, FM17CPlogos and FM18-canpyramid logos?

Oh the database file itself should be accessed from steam. The only file from that section to be used is FM18-canpyramid logos which is for the graphics.

1 hour ago, ClemB said:

Nice work but  from the screenshots i see some professional football players from european leagues on loan at CSL clubs which isnt realistic. Did you set the league as professional?

The Canadian Soccer League isn't covered by this mod at all, as the CSL is unsanctioned after the match fixing issue from a couple years back. This mod covers the Canadian Premier League set to launch in 2019 - so admittedly it is speculative in nature. But with news of a likely wage budget of 1.5-2 million and with many rumours of European clubs wanting to invest (Celtic, Benefica ... owner of Tel aviv), I don't think it's unrealistic to expect some Europeans loaned to the league. Please note, the screen shot is from the game simmed for a year, so you won't start with players on loan. Instead, in the case of Calgary, you will just start with the actual players that are on the Calgary Foothills USL-PDL team.

1 hour ago, Morgan Freeman said:

Im a huge fan of this database, but I also want to use this for my custom database which sends the MLS to England, if it ever works lol. 

hmm.. I am sure there is a way. I remember seeing others ask to same questions in terms of copying players over. Unfortunately, I don't know of how off the top of my head - but if you find out how you are welcome to do whatever you want with my databse and I will let you know if I find out.

Just now, yellowsweatygorilla said:

hmm.. I am sure there is a way. I remember seeing others ask to same questions in terms of copying players over. Unfortunately, I don't know of how off the top of my head - but if you find out how you are welcome to do whatever you want with my databse and I will let you know if I find out.

There is a way, its just a question of how lazy I am, and school work. I was browsing it last night and it looks like all the TFC III players are on The TFC II roster. I cross checked it with the TFC Academy website. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan Freeman said:

There is a way, its just a question of how lazy I am, and school work. I was browsing it last night and it looks like all the TFC III players are on The TFC II roster. I cross checked it with the TFC Academy website. 

Ya, I had to do that as there was an issue with the game booting all my created players at the start for regen. I had to put all the TFC III players in TFC II with a future transfer set for the beginning of the season. The Whitecaps Residency players are in Whitecaps Prospects and Impact Academy players are in Impact U23.

So the latest update to the mod from yesterday:

My beloved Toronto Blizzard has been replaced with Sauga City Collective. While it pains me to do so, Mississauga seems more likely to land a team in the CanPL given the buzz created by the local supporters group, and one known investor.

Saskatoon FC has been renamed Bridge City, and updated logos for the GRU, Bridge City FC, Winnipeg (to the official blue bombers one, now that they have a logo without the eggball), and Mississauga.

18 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Ya, I had to do that as there was an issue with the game booting all my created players at the start for regen. I had to put all the TFC III players in TFC II with a future transfer set for the beginning of the season. The Whitecaps Residency players are in Whitecaps Prospects and Impact Academy players are in Impact U23.

Fair enough, took me a while to figure it out. Ill let you know if i ever get my MLS to england database working properly, as of now i cannot get the MLS sides out of concacaf if i set their base nations to canada and USA (want the newgens to be canadian and american). Would be nice to have complete U18 sides for them :p

Problem with the default database is the youth do not play games as the lower leagues arent unlocked so they just sit there and dont develop...

Edited by Morgan Freeman

44 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Oh the database file itself should be accessed from steam. The only file from that section to be used is FM18-canpyramid logos which is for the graphics.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 20:34, Fmfan00 said:

Question.. is Col ran like EPL where it’s youth intake players and purchasing players or mls like a draft

CPL will have youth intake. While a lot of it is speculative at this point as we await more details, comments from the league suggest a move away from American-style drafts

On 3/22/2018 at 17:53, Toronto Blizzard said:

This looks great... but the 'sauga City Collective logo is not mapping properly.

5ab425ea33a8d_ScreenShot2018-03-22at5_52_03PM.thumb.png.7ac8571cdc9cd4c91d9797da714e2133.png

Also, is the team supposed to have no players? (everyone's greyed-out)

Weird. haven't seen the mapping issue before.

Certain teams like Mississauga have no players as the team doesn't exist yet IRL. 

Speaking of which, the team will likely be removed in an update in the next few months, as we have a confirmed team starting in North Toronto (York 9 FC) and no news of a Mississauga team.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 21:36, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Hey, there is an error when I try to add/choose Canada as a playing nation. I have gone through the DB, but haven't found the source yet. Any ideas what can fix it? SZ9THat.jpg

Another fantasy I've had is setting up the Canada Summer Games where the best youth players from ON, BC, AB etc face off in provincial colours. Not sure FM could handle it, i.e. calling up "Ontario" players from, say, TFC II without affecting their int'l eligibility.

At least, the games are only 80 minutes or something and its U18 so we can justify leaving it out :lol:

• 4 months later...

DocK7B9WkAIpUKq.jpg

goo.gl/EX2KFG  <- Steam link
For CCL to work, you also need this separate file: https://goo.gl/MY7sqb  

Logos requires a separate installation process:https://goo.gl/U7fYZh  You can also use that logo link if you want to use the mod without steam.

Oct 1 Update: There has been a major overhaul to the mod, with the inclusion of all announced CanPL teams, the announced CanPL format, new L1O/PLSQ teams, and more. Please note, other than the new L1O and PLSQ teams, rosters for other lower division teams are from last season. I will continue to work at updating these rosters. CanPL wage budgets have also been lowered to 1.25m to reflect latest rumours. I also ended up removing the PCSL, as it was impossible to produce in any detail given its status as an amateur league.

The Canadian Pyramid Mod adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 18, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, and Canada third and fourth divisions (L1O, PLSQ). 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-A couple standout players from the CanPL Got Game Open Trials have also been made available as free agents
-Full rosters for all Canadian USL, PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 700 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-All Canadians playing in the American system, down to PDL
-Potential Ability for key players in L1O and PLSQ informed by scouting data provided by prominent Canadian data analyst Aaron Nielsen 

CPL: Pacific FC, FC Edmonton, Cavalry FC, Valour FC, Forge FC, York 9 FC, HFX Wanderers FC - winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Voyageurs Cup: CPL teams, MLS teams (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver), USL team (Ottawa), PLSQ champion, and L1O champion. Winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champions League
Lower Divisions: League1 Ontario, Premier League Soccer Quebec

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

On 27/05/2018 at 18:40, AlkatraZZZ said:

Hey, there is an error when I try to add/choose Canada as a playing nation. I have gone through the DB, but haven't found the source yet. Any ideas what can fix it? SZ9THat.jpg

This is a strange one. I'd try ver. 2 and see if it shows up again (see the above link).

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...