he certainly didnt mean that

10 times a game is an exaggeration, but yes, I understand your frustrations about these 'fluke' crosses.

I've seen plenty of these in the FM18 demo and am planning to collect the worst of them into one big bug report at some point next week. If they irk you so much, maybe you should consider doing the same.

That's got to be the most annoying thing ever in the history of Football Manager. 

It happens at least 2 to 3 times in every match. It's ruining all the pleasure for me. It brought me so far that I actually exited the game without saving (probably for the first time since Championship Manager 2001, when I was a kid and was doing it on a regular basis :D). 

I was playing semi-final of the Champions league, as an underdog against Bayern. I created brilliant defensive tactics and actually coped really well. First half 0-0. In the second half they couldnt' find a way through, until of course they tried to cross, and of course the cross turned out to be a shot. My goalie made a save, Lewandowski came and scored from a rebound. Then 5 minutes after, they tried to cross again, of course "he certainly didn't mean that", my goalie saved to a corner, from which they scored for 2-0. I was so angry that I exited without saving and stopped playing for a week.

This bug needs to be fixed, it's really ruining the game. When you concede from a situation like that, you are angry, and when you score from a situation like that, you are not happy, because you know it's a bug, not your tactical brilliance:). 

On 18.11.2017 at 12:58, Domathon said:

seeing in 10 times a game players crossing on target and keeper tipping it over.

also 99% of goals are from crosses but mayb that is football in 2018?

I would recommend making a bug report, since 99% sounds like a major bug. In my game the percentage is well under 50%.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:58, Domathon said:

also 99% of goals are from crosses but mayb that is football in 2018?

I am fairly certain that seeing much more than the league average of crosses from goals (either for or against your team) points to some kind of tactical issue also. You are either funneling your attacks down the flanks, or you are weak down the flanks (or have insufficient cover to pick up people in the box). If you are seeing it across all games, human and AI, then it is something to report.

Archived