Glasgow Rangers FM 2018

Rob Gray

On 5/1/2018 at 19:09, Martin2007rfc said:

help with this tactic striker is not scoring?

2018-01-05.png

I'm playing that same formation, but with the striker being Target Man (A) and both wingers being Inside Forwards (S). I'm not having any problems scoring goals. Both striker and wingers contribute often. I only have 3 three teams instructions though. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gungner said:

I'm playing that same formation, but with the striker being Target Man (A) and both wingers being Inside Forwards (S). I'm not having any problems scoring goals. Both striker and wingers contribute often. I only have 3 three teams instructions though. 

show me mate

9 hours ago, @Mike_THFC said:

Blimey. FM really don't rate Josh Windass, do you. Going on loan to Morton. Think he's needs an attribute update.

Ano m8 its 2 high lol :p i guess your a fan of his but for me he is utter garbage

8 hours ago, scooter28 said:

Ano m8 its 2 high lol :p i guess your a fan of his but for me he is utter garbage

I think he's very good when he's played through the middle irl. In the game he's pretty gash so I sold him to Dundee end of the first season.

I'm in the 2nd season and Im doing well in the league (top without conceding) and drew my first game in the champions league away to Man City. The only problem I seem to be having is im scraping games 1 and 2 nil which is fine because im winning but I think its down to me rotating too much as I want to keep everyone fresh. How does everyone else deal with rotating players for the league and Europe?

As always I’ve decided to start my 1st proper game on FM with my team Glasgow Rangers.

Before I realised this thread existed I made a thread of my own. Here’s the link for those interested in a bit more background to the club.

Season 1 review

League – Runners up

I was top for most of the season but a slew of injuries toward the end of the season, most notably Tavernier from march for 3-4 months, undone my good early work. I ultimately fell short of Celtic by 2 points finishing on 85 points, having scored 22 goals more than them but conceding 18 more also.

Moment to remember –

Beating Celtic 4-0 at Ibrox

Moment to forget –

Getting beat 6-2 by Celtic at Parkhead which ultimately cost me the league

image.thumb.png.48b545ad65023c78f48e7f829167d086.png

Scottish Cup – Winners

A great win for my 1st piece of silverware. I beat thistle 4-0 in the final but the best moment was demolishing Celtic 5-1 at home in the ¼ finals.

Betfred cup – ¼ finals

Fairly short run in this comp. beat Accies in the 2nd round but went out to Celtic 3-2 after extra time in the quarters.

Europa league – 3rd qualifying round

Beat my 1st opponents Folgorne (me neither) 20-0 on aggregate. After that Slovan Bratislava were put aside 5-1 on aggregate. I then faced Everton in the 3rd qualifying round. I lost 2-1 on 1st away leg which I thought gave me a good platform for the 2nd leg at home. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be as the home game finished 0-0.

Transfers in

Jamie walker 1.7m – was the most important arrival for me not only boosting my Scottish contingent but providing a great update on quality on my left wing.

Transfers out –

No one of note really. Only Niko Kranjcar for 160K as I felt he was well past his best and on too much money.

image.thumb.png.e3ed4b0b4c0c3978c2174e90595bdf9c.png

Top 3 Players

1.       Alfredo Morelos – absolute beast in game – 35 appearances resulting in 30 goals and 15 assists for an average rating of 7.91

2.       Jamie Walker – integral to my success – 38 appearances resulting ion 16 goals & 18 assists for an average rating of 7.38

3.       Eduardo Herrera – 34 appearances resulting in 32 goals and 12 assists for an average rating of 7.97

Goals for next season –

Obviously I ned to try and knock Celtic of the proverbial perch. Other than that I’m hoping to at least get to the group stages of the Europa league (or whatever guff the call the Uefa cup now)

Upcoming transfers in –

Adrian Semper –  Great young keeper who should be fighting it out with my new no 1 (se below) for many years

Sam Johnstone – Coming in on a free and in my opinion a definite upgrade on Foderingham

Adam Hammil – Can cover either wing but will most likely be used against the so called ‘weaker’ teams.

Marco Djuricin – looks like a great player for this league and am surprised I got him really. Should score a shed load in the SPL.

Upcoming transfers out –

Not sure yet but need to get rid of some players as my wages budget has been destroyed with the new players coming in

image.png

Somehow managed to sell Barjonas for £4.7mil at the start of season 2 and a future sale of Scott McKenna for £4.5mil to Villa. Been trying to sign Barco all summer but no luck, think he's gonna be out of my price range.

Played 2 games in the champs league and undefeated, conceding a last min equaliser against Zenit. Got a double header against Napoli, hoping to finish 3rd or try and sneak 2nd as everyone is taking points off everyone in my group.

Need an all action centre midfielder, any suggestions?

On 11/01/2018 at 10:17, Wightman said:

Somehow managed to sell Barjonas for £4.7mil at the start of season 2 and a future sale of Scott McKenna for £4.5mil to Villa. Been trying to sign Barco all summer but no luck, think he's gonna be out of my price range.

Played 2 games in the champs league and undefeated, conceding a last min equaliser against Zenit. Got a double header against Napoli, hoping to finish 3rd or try and sneak 2nd as everyone is taking points off everyone in my group.

Need an all action centre midfielder, any suggestions?

If you can afford him then John mcginn everyday of the week. A little inconsistent at times. But he chips in with a lot of assists which is really good for a centre midfielder I switch him from a box to box midfielder to a mezzala depending on which team I'm playing

21 hours ago, LIAM j said:

If you can afford him then John mcginn everyday of the week. A little inconsistent at times. But he chips in with a lot of assists which is really good for a centre midfielder I switch him from a box to box midfielder to a mezzala depending on which team I'm playing

Already got him, im looking for someone to play next to him.

23 hours ago, LIAM j said:

Anyone rate barjonas got him on loan at hibs at the moment and he's playing outstanding. Going to play him when he's back anyone played with him in there first team yet? Think he's a future star in the game hopefully 

Barjonas turns out good if he plays first season i.e loaned out, which you have done. :)

Keep an eye on Aidan Wilson as well. 

On 12/22/2017 at 08:32, Damian_Rusling said:

Managing Celtic I won the double in first year and reached the CL QF. On course for treble in second season and pumped Barca 4-0 in CL group without resorting to underhand financial chicanary that results in administration... it is possible.

No one wants to hear about Sellick here. 

On 12/22/2017 at 11:31, bestbrother said:

Yeah fair enough. I dont share it for selfish reasons... basically I dont want it 'fixed'if thats how people view it. I like that fact that the option is there to play the game like this, I hate being forced into a box, when in reality plenty of teams go for broke... FM without this, dosent allow for that, it tells you how to play and thats it.

I dont always play FM in this way, sometimes a save is more interesting if you go off the normal track. Look at it like this, I know how to manipulate the transfer market.... I dont 'cheat or trick' the match engine (infact I use a default SI tactic with no tweaks)... some people use guides to find the best players, look at their CA/PA etc... download shortlists ready made with all the wonderkids... downlaod tactics and make tactics exploiting full backs or whatever is wrong with the game each year. I dont do those, SI dont fix them (well they try to fix the match engine)... I just play the transfer market and live with any consequence, which I am doing so with Rangers.

No point discussing it if you are just going to drop hints and make oblique references. 

He's cheated. Even if he denies it. If that's not the case, I can't see why he won't share it... Oh well. 

I can see a lot of you have signed Carlos de Pena on a free... I cannot get a work permit for the guy! Rejected every time :/ 

just started my second season as rangers.  1st season came 2nd by 4 points, won the betfred cup and got past the Uefa group stages after coming top in my group.  got pumped by Juve in the last 32.  Jamie Walker and Ali Crawford were my only real signings of note in my first window (both on loan with option to buy), couple of other loan players to beef up the squad, and Morgan was sigend and loaned back to St Mirren.  Started the season really well but got smashed with injuries, worst result was 12-0 away to celtic lol!  asked for more money to manoeuvre in before the January transfer window and got 6 million.  signed Thomas conechny from san Lorenzo and Nathan Sinkala from tp mazembe (I think).  second half of the season went ok but just pipped for the title in the end.

Second season I sold,  Alnwick, Alves, Wallace, Rossiter, Pena, Holt, Herrera and windass.  I activated my loan to buy with Crawford as hes quality in it but declined Walker as I wasn't overly impressed with his contribution.  signed marcos llorente on a bosman from real Madrid, (hes 4 and a half stars) also signed Julian Green from Stuttgart,  hunemaiar (CB) from brighton for free, Rivaldo Coetzee (cb) from sundowns (loaned back till December) Harry toffolo (LB) from Norwich, Chris cadden from motherwell for free and a few loan signings including MacBurnie from Swansea and a couple of youngsters.  knocked out before the group stages of the Europa by Lazio 2-0 on aggregate.

Cant stop conceding fcuking goals though, this year I have been slightly better though

The database editors need to upgrade Ross McCrorie's stats.

Also, they need to remove Rangers from Jason Cummings's list of dislikes. He doesn't dislike the club. In the game, you can't sign him after the year long loan, because he says he dislikes the club. 

I'm really enjoying my  Rangers.. i'm just in January 2023, i've won every league since i started. 

The only players i have remaining from the squad is Barjonas, Windass and Depude.. got to the last 8 twice, and got put out from Man Utd & AC Milan. The board have lots of money.. so yeah, i'm liking it so far. 

Just finished season 2 and it was a belter. I managed to do the treble and surpassed all my expectations as I merely thought I’d only be capable of giving Celtic a decent challenge for the league and maybe snatching one of the cups.

Season 2 review

League – Winners

I ended up finishing 8 points ahead of Celtic and won the league fairly comfortably in the end. There was a period around the end of December and beginning of January where I lost a few games and was about 5/6 points behind Celtic and thought I’d blown my chance. Celtic however went on a pretty horrendous result from mid-March winning only 4 games & drawing twice in 10 games. Thus t

Moment to remember –

Beating Celtic 4-2 at Parkhead

Moment to forget –

Getting beat 0-1 by Partick Thistle at there ground and being relieved they only beat me by 1 goal

Scottish Cup – Winners

A great win for my 1st piece of silverware. I beat Dundee 4-2 after extra time in the final but generally had a pretty easy run only facing Ros county, Kilmarnock, Morton & Dunfermline to get to the final.  

Betfred cup – Winners

My 1st piece of silverware for the season beating Queen of the south 5-0 in the final. Best moment had to be beating Celtic 4-2 in the semi final though. I had a scary moment in the 2nd round mind when ross county took me to extra time which I ended up winning 5-3. Pumped Kilmarnock 3-0 in the ¼ final.

Europa league – Group stage

I had a fairly easy path to the group stage having to overcome Vojvodina, PAOK and young boys to reach the group stage. In the groups I was drawn alongside Valencia, Club Brugge & Rijeka. I won all 3 home games but lost all 3 away games meaning I finished 3rd on 9 points. Club Brugge also finished on 9 but finished second due to superior GD or head to head record (not sure which they use anymore).

Transfers in quite a few as I decided to upgrade the squad and add more quality to the depth of the squad.

image.thumb.png.8b7bc17eaadd506b3a67bc3e34de220f.png

image.thumb.png.2315df72e51c51052f20c3879f3119e0.png

Transfers out –

Quite a few 1st team regulars went as I felt the offers for them were too good to turn down. Along with the usual outpouring of youngsters on loan.

image.thumb.png.722f9264d0fb10741fed43c78ebb804b.png

image.thumb.png.8042e13e2c2ed19fff8606fcfcde6307.png

image.thumb.png.1b5314a5203eb64a48ca00b7e5273e5e.png

image.thumb.png.7d70a9737ffac974105e19ecfa0307a8.png

Top 3 Players –

1.       Roger – absolute beast in game – 36 appearances resulting in 32 goals and 19 assists for an average rating of 7.78

2.       Pablo Hervias – great replacement for Candeias – 47 appearances resulting ion 13 goals & 17 assists for an average rating of 7.49

3.       Marco Djuricin – 32 appearances resulting in 28 goals and 8 assists for an average rating of 7.65

Goals for next season –

Retain the title and try to somehow manage to get to the group stages of the champions league

Upcoming transfers in –

None. I feel I have a really strong squad that should be even better after a year together so unless I get some offers that I feel are too good to refuse. I aim to try to start blending my star youngsters into the 1st team this season so that they are ready to take over from a few aging players in season 3

Upcoming transfers out –

I plan on offloading the youths that have no chance of ever making the 1st team. I may also move on a few of the 32+ year olds if I feel I can get a good deal and the squad can cope without them so that my young 5* potential players can be the backups.

Just now, fuzzrab said:
7 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Nah, i only overhauled a few screens from my skin last few years, laptop is 1600*900 reso which is a pain.

No worries. thanks for the reply. I just liked the look of the player screenshots.

On 14/01/2018 at 10:48, LIAM j said:

Anyone rate barjonas got him on loan at hibs at the moment and he's playing outstanding. Going to play him when he's back anyone played with him in there first team yet? Think he's a future star in the game hopefully 

On 15/01/2018 at 10:34, RampantFM said:

Barjonas turns out good if he plays first season i.e loaned out, which you have done. :)

Keep an eye on Aidan Wilson as well. 

Barjonas is great. Like RampantFM said i loaned him out for the 1st 2 seasons, to Dunfermline & Kilmarnock. 3rd season and he is a 1st team regular, having replaced Dorrans in my midfield. 

Aidan Wilson is turning out OK on my save but i got 2 5* youngsters in the 1st youth intake so think he'll only ever be backup in my save.

I don't know if his CA/PA is random but Danny Finlayson is turning out great in my save also. I loaned him out 1st two season and in my 3rd season he is now in the 1st team, 3* ability & 5* potential.

My 1st season (3rd season) in the CL is turning out great. qualified for the group stages and got drawn alongside Real Madrid, Ac Milan & AS Monaco so though i'd get pumped in all  games. it was quite the opposite in fact. the only game i lost was away to Real Madrid and i qualified for the 1st knockout round. I've drawn Juventus though so the run may be about to end. 

Spoiler

I've done a video on Rangers updated squad with January transfers (sortitoutsi squad update) and where they will fit in to the team.

I know a lot of people don't like videos links so have put it under a spoiler, so people can watch it if they choose. 

:)

20 hours ago, fuzzrab said:

I don't know if his CA/PA is random but Danny Finlayson is turning out great in my save also. I loaned him out 1st two season and in my 3rd season he is now in the 1st team, 3* ability & 5* potential.

Finlayson is good in my save too. But not as good as that yet. :applause:

won the league and league cup and got to first knock out round of europa league here are few screen shots of my season and players in first season my transfers as well

there is my tactic and team instructions do u think i need to change it or stick to it?

morelos with 36 goals herrea 30 cummings 26 and sola 28

any players to get in second season?

2018-02-06 (1).png

2018-02-06 (2).png

2018-02-06 (3).png

2018-02-06 (4).png

2018-02-06 (5).png

2018-02-06 (6).png

2018-02-06 (7).png

2018-02-06 (8).png

2018-02-06.png

Just finished season 3 and it was quite simply fantastic.

Season 3 review

League – Winners

I ended up finishing 14 points ahead of Celtic and won the league fairly comfortably in the end. I only lost 2 games throughout the season. Ended up scoring 130 goals, conceding 30 and finishing with a points tally of 100 and a GD of 100.

Moment to remember –

Beating Hibs 9-0 at Ibrox

Moment to forget –

Getting beat 0-1 by Celtic at their place

Scottish Cup – Semi-Final

A decent run but Celtic put me out after extra time 2-1 in the Semi-final.

Betfred cup – Semi-final

My run ended in the semi-final after getting beat 1-3 by Hibs in extra time

Champions League – Semi-Final

My 1st foray into the CL went beyond my wildest dreams. I got through to the group stage fairly easily and got drawn alongside R. Madrid, AC Milan & AS Monaco. I figured I’d just be making up the numbers, but I managed to finish 2nd behind R. Madrid in the group. I knocked out Juventus and Arsenal in the 1st knockout round and the ¼ final respectively. Unfortunately PSG were too good for me in the Semi final and knocked me out 6-3 on Aggregate.

Transfers in Nothing of note really other than a young GK from Juventus who could be my no 1 soon. The rest were mainly just squad players brought in to help give the 1st teamers a break.  

image.thumb.png.a7f5d98d95b6b167bc5c1c6831f2c854.png

Transfers out –

Other than the usual flurry of young loanee’s I got rid of Andy Halliday for 275k, Windass for 675k and Graham Dorrans for £2m

image.thumb.png.ab17ba56bb668c41a32030852506df0f.png

Top 3 Players –

1.       Roger – absolute beast in game – 44 appearances resulting in 36 goals and 23 assists for an average rating of 7.67 – 19 goals & 13 assists in the CL

2.       Pablo Hervias –44 appearances resulting ion 20 goals & 21 assists for an average rating of 7.67

3.       Jamie Bajonas – 45 appearances resulting in 4 goals and 6 assists for an average rating of 7.58 – the goals and assist column are sparse but everything pretty much went through him all season.

Goals for next season –

More of the same hopefully but an extra step further in the cups hopefully. Although I think I’ll find it difficult to be as successful in the CL again.

Upcoming transfers in –

A few frees to upgrade my squad options but no one of note really.

Upcoming transfers out –

Try and get rid of the deadweight and the youths that will never make it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Season 4 review

League – Winners

I ended up finishing 19 points ahead of Celtic and won the league fairly comfortably in the end. I only lost 2 games throughout the season. Ended up scoring 128 goals, conceding 28 and finishing with a points tally of 100 and a GD of 100.

Moment to remember –

Beating Motherwell 8-0 at Ibrox

Moment to forget –

Getting beat 1-2 by Celtic at their place on the last game of the season

Scottish Cup – Winners

Regained the cup but to be fair I had fairly easy run. The run was composed of Dumbarton, Kilmarnock,  Hearts, Ayr & Falkirk (who I beat on pens after a 1-1 draw after extra time)

Betfred cup – 2nd round exit

Beat at the 1st hurdle by Partick Thistle. I lost 1-2 at their ground and could have blamed the result on playing my un-matchfit backups but tbf the players I put out should have dealt with this game comfortably. The only consolation is that Partick won the thing in the end.

Champions League – 1st knockout round

Sadly the heroics of last season were not to be repeated. I beat SK Rapid Wien 5-0 on aggregate in the champions playoff round. I was optimistic, especially after last seasons group draw, to be drawn against Arsenal, RBL & CSKA Moscow. I lost the first 2 games against Arsenal & RBL home and away respectively. I thought that was me done for but I ended up wining the next 4 games on the spin to finish second behind RBL with Arsenal finishing 3rd on the same points as me and RBL but presumably going out on GD or head to head or however its worked out these days. I was drawn against Man Untd in the 1st knockout round and thought id give a good account of myself but was done 3-11 on aggregate with them beating me 7-1 at Ibrox.

Transfers in Nothing of note really in the summer but James ward-Prowse & Barrie McKay on the last day of the January window for a combined 16.9 million.   

Transfers out –

A fairly quiet summer window for me surprisingly. I expected a few enquiries of my top players after our CL exploits but none materialised. The Jan window was different however as 2 1st team regulars left for offers I felt were 2 good to turn down. 1st was Fabio Cardosso to AS Monaco for £15 mill (he’s still young at only 27 but I have 4 5* potential young home grown & home trained Scottish CB’s who are already in the 1st team squad and gaining caps for Scotland). Next to go was Pablo Hervais to Athletic Bilbao for £20mill. This was a decision I took a bit off time over as he is only 28 and I feel he has some good years ahead of him. £20 mill for a winger in the SPL, when I looked at it objectively, is way too much to turn down. I also want to try and introduce a few home grown and home trained mids next season so off he went.

image.thumb.png.47a0d01acdb5dfab488ec7b0324f610c.png

Top 3 Players –

1.       Roger – yet another great season, I’ll look to play him when needed most next season and let the young 5* boys shine – 37 appearances resulting in 43 goals and 16 assists for an average rating of 8.14 – 7 goals & 7 assists in the CL

2.       Jamie walker –36 appearances resulting in 11 goals & 15 assists for an average rating of 7.51

3.       I cant really pick put a stand out 3rd players all the players were rotated regularly and performed when needed so this goes to the team as a whole.

Goals for next season –

More of the same hopefully but try to give my young 5* potential, and generally 2 ½ to 3* ability,  home grown & trained players more 1st team action.  

Upcoming transfers in –

A few frees to upgrade my squad options but no one of note really.

Upcoming transfers out –

A few squad players who I think I can get decent money for so that I can free up space for my youngsters.  

I plan to do more detailed posts including my tactic, I might also update it on to the forum. 

I'm 5 seasons in, and on 5 in a row. 

First season treble 

Second season LC and League double 

third season Treble, and champions league semi final (got very good draws in knockout stages)

fourth season Domestic treble and Europa League 

Fifth season treble, and won every game in the league.

Amazing season, broke goals scored, goals conceded, clean sheets, points records

Currently haven't lost a game in 2 years in Scotland, kinda losing my love for the save. Have some amazing regens and at the point where I can't keep them happy as bigger teams bid stupidly low for them and turn their heads. 

Anyone looking to sort out their midfield for years to come, look no further than Danilo from Braga and Yassin Ayoub from Utrecht. 

Danilo can be picked up for £650k while Ayoub can be signed on a free at the end of the first season. 

Both are running riot so far on my save alongside another bargain, Francisco Trincao who has been unreal as a DLF in a front 3. Signed him for £75k and now worth £7m.

1 hour ago, Rino72. said:

Anyone looking to sort out their midfield for years to come, look no further than Danilo from Braga and Yassin Ayoub from Utrecht. 

Danilo can be picked up for £650k while Ayoub can be signed on a free at the end of the first season. 

Both are running riot so far on my save alongside another bargain, Francisco Trincao who has been unreal as a DLF in a front 3. Signed him for £75k and now worth £7m.

Danilo is 2.4m in my save and Ayoub is already signed by Feyenoord.

Started a game with the updated database and didn't buy anyone. I wanted to see how the updated squad fared. Playing a 4123 DM Wide.

In November now and have won most games including beating Celtic twice. Easily.

McCrorie is a first choice defender now, paired with Cardoso.

Alves is meh, Martin is bad as either CB or RB.

Murphy is not impressing on the left at all. Windass is a better choice for that slot. 

Both left backs are underwhelming and Tavernier isn't quite as good as he was in the previous database version. I suspect the priority buys are going to be full backs for Rangers in this db version.

Rossiter is decent as the DM. Goss, not so much.

Jack as a Carrilero is average but Dorrans is tearing up the place.

Morelos is banging them in but Cummings isn't doing much so I am preferring Herrera as the backup.

Candeais remains a god amongst men.

Also, I don't know whether its just luck but the injury count has been staggering. It may well be injury proneness has been tweaked upward in this update.

• 3 weeks later...

First season with Rangers done, winter update database. 

Season 1 wrap:

League - Runners up to Celtic, short stretch around Christmas where we were in 1st and doing well but they pulled away in the last few months as injuries & fatigue caught up with my squad and we started dropping silly points.

ex2UyVt.jpg

Scottish Cup - Knocked out in the semi by Aberdeen in an appalling performance where they went a man down and we conceded 2 goals, then captain Wallace got himself sent off 10 seconds into the second half to kill the game. This coincided with an end of season dip in form with saw us lose 3 of our last 4, luckily the title was already well wrapped up.

Betfred Cup - Penalty shootout win over Hibs, this trophy may of well saved my job this season.

Schedule:

oTQYjSX.jpg

a0anFjD.jpg

Europe - Europa playoff defeat by Fenerbahce, never looked like going through. 

Transfers & First team/Tactics

WiCrw9p.jpg

Andrija Balic was where all the money went, as I was planning on playing a 5-2-1-2 or 4-2-3-1. Both tactics gave me fairly average results early in the season & I ended up playing the  4-4-2 and 4-2-4 for 3/4 of the season so was a bit of an average signing. He still averaged just over a 7 playing mainly as the holding midfielder, occasionally going box to box, but only 1 goal and no assists. 

Others are youth prospects.

Niko was sold to the MLS as he's terrible, Dodoo, Halliday & Holt were surplus & never going to get a game in my 4-4-2, rest were youngsters. 

Tactic:

vw6UBi0.jpg

Worked fairly well, starting on standard and going to counter or attacking based on how much was progressing. 

Attack was excellent, Morelos was a real standout notching an incredible 48 goals in all comps with Kenny Miller managing to stay injury free & play almost every game at 38 providing plenty of assists and goals himself. 

Defence was the problem, leaking a huge amount of goals towards the end of the season. 

I will be looking to sell off:

Halliday

Holt

Foderingham

Kelly

Alves 

Hodson

Dodoo

Herrera.

A new top class goalkeeper & 3rd choice CB to rotate with Mcrorie/Cardoso, aswell as a more well rounded right back, should hopefully shore up the defence enough to snatch the title back from Celtic next season.

Season 5 review

League – Winners

I won the league at a canter with nobody really putting up any challenge. I ended up finishing 35 points ahead of Celtic and won the league fairly comfortably in the end. I only lost 2 games throughout the season. Ended up scoring 127 goals, conceding 31 and finishing with a points tally of 104 and a GD of 96. Interestingly enough Celtic had an abysmal season and finished 3rd behind St Johnstone.

Moment to remember –

Beating Celtic 2-1 at there place to clinch the title.

Moment to forget –

Getting beat 2-3 by Celtic at their place in the 1st old firm game of the season

image.thumb.png.f44c40dbef648f3b009ec7554e770042.png

Scottish Cup – Winners

I retained the cup but to be honest I had a pretty easy run. I beat Ayr, East Kilbride, Motherwell and Hamilton on my way to the final scoring 12 goals and conceding none. In the final I met Partick Thistle whom I beat 31 to win the cup for the second season in a row.

Betfred cup – Winners

A fairly easy cup comp for me beating Dundee, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd to get to the final. I met Celtic in the final and beat them 4-3 in the final to pick up my 1st piece of silverware for the season.

image.thumb.png.e6dc43f0f57a0e8941a8c719a0862411.png

Champions League – Knocked out in group stage

I beat RB Salzburg 3-1 on aggregate in the playoff to reach the group stages. I was drawn along side Juventus, Leverkusen and FC Kobenhavn. Juventus thumped me 4-0 & 3-1 in the games against them. Leverkusen beat me 3-2 at Ibrox and we drew 4-4 at their ground. I managed to beat Kobenhavn 7-0 & 3-2 to finish 3rd in the group and drop into the Euro cup.

image.thumb.png.b8ef5309b65fcf1c8c15edc486fe288e.png

Euro cup – Runners up

On my way to the final I was drawn against some pretty tough opposition and thought I’d be knocked out at every stage. In the 1st knockout round I beat Olympique Lyon 4-1 & 2-1. In the 2nd knockout round I was drawn against Port whom I beat 3-1 & drew 2-2 with. In the ¼ final I beat Gelsenkirchen 3-0 & 3-1. Onto the semi final where I faced Barcelona’s conquerors Napoli whom I managed to beat 7-4, at there ground and 1-0 at Ibrox. In the final I face man city as was resoundly beaten   4-1

image.thumb.png.26896e46279dca38b4feb785ca1c29a3.png

Transfers in 

I brought in around five 4* & 5* young regens to bolster my squad. Many of them i was hoping to integrate into the squad over a few seasons but they turned out so good they are 1st team regulars now.

Transfers out –

I mainly got rid of my backup players so that I could try and bring through some of my young Scottish regens. The only big transfer was my 20 YO 5* home grown regen CB joining Barcelona for £30mill in the January window.

Top 3 Players –

1.       Joaquin Ardaiz (regen) – 1st season at the club and quickly established himself as my 1st choice striker. In 24 appearances he scored 24 goals, assisted in 12 for an overall average rating of 7.57

2.       Roger – He’s getting on at 31 YO now but still producing the goods even though he’s not a 1st choice striker anymore. In 35 appearances he scored 32 goals, set up 19 for an overall average of 7.51

3.       Ramiro Guiilenea (regen) – The AML was brought in as a long term replacement for Jamie Walker. However when given his chance he grabbed it with both hands and quickly established himself as my main AML. In 31 appearances he scored 13 goals and set up 18 for an overall average rating of 7.40

image.thumb.png.2e5dcb7b6af121d46423437fd1775f73.png

Goals for next season –

I hope to retain my domestic supremacy and sweep all before me. I’m hoping with the young stars blossoming I might have an outside chance at a European trophy,

Upcoming transfers in –

A young RB from Ajax to finally replace Tavernier and a pretty good looking regen from Morton who cost me £7.5m

Upcoming transfers out –

Not many I don’t think. I’ll probably get rid of a few backup players and promote some youth but nothing to drastic though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived