Transfer Fee

CoolDjGuyFromBerlin

Over the last few games ive noticed transfer fee getting insane after a couple of seasons in the game. Players barely worth 100k and having to pay 10 million to buy. I get that its clubs trying to keep their best players but surely something could be done about it, from top level clubs to top level club yes millions are paid for players. But a player who never made a first team appearanching moving from a second division Spanish club to one of the top teams in Europe wouldnt usually end with the small club holding out for so much and the bigger club will always have the greater spending power. 

Also happens when selling players it the opposite and bids barely match the value of the player if even. Any attempt to negoiate results in the buying club walk away from the deal if its even slightly over the current value. Meanwhile im paying 10 times the price when buying

30 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Over the last few games ive noticed transfer fee getting insane after a couple of seasons in the game. Players barely worth 100k and having to pay 10 million to buy. I get that its clubs trying to keep their best players but surely something could be done about it, from top level clubs to top level club yes millions are paid for players. But a player who never made a first team appearanching moving from a second division Spanish club to one of the top teams in Europe wouldnt usually end with the small club holding out for so much and the bigger club will always have the greater spending power. 

Also happens when selling players it the opposite and bids barely match the value of the player if even. Any attempt to negoiate results in the buying club walk away from the deal if its even slightly over the current value. Meanwhile im paying 10 times the price when buying

Why are you paying the demands?

Its not that the fees should be less, its that you should be playing more like the AI managers and walking away if a team ask for too much.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Why are you paying the demands?

Its not that the fees should be less, its that you should be playing more like the AI managers and walking away if a team ask for too much.

So i should pay 16 million for a 500k valued player? of &5 million for a player valued at 8? And I should be accepting 5 million for a 12 million rated player? 

What a foolish reply

Just now, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

So i should pay 16 million for a 500k valued player? of &5 million for a player valued at 8? And I should be accepting 5 million for a 12 million rated player? 

What a foolish reply

:rolleyes:

No, you shouldn't be paying at all.  You should not be making a bid for that player and looking for a different one just like the AI teams do when you ask for too much.

The issue once again is not the AI but the way you approach the game.

Im asking for them to be level, the point im making seems to be too difficult for you. You should pay and recieve around the value of the player, im if selling for less than value why am im paying over the odds when i should operate like the clubs im buying for an recieve over the price. Transfer should work the same fo AI and players instead of all AI having magic ability to never pay more than a player is worth and receive more than every player is worth significatly 

7 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Im asking for them to be level

They shouldn't be level because they aren't level IRL.

If you are trying to buy something that the owner doesn't want to sell then the price goes up.

If you are selling something you don't want the price goes down.

The same basic principles apply to football transfers both IRL and in FM.

7 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

the point im making seems to be too difficult for you. You should pay and recieve around the value of the player, im if selling for less than value why am im paying over the odds when i should operate like the clubs im buying for an recieve over the price. Transfer should work the same fo AI and players instead of all AI having magic ability to never pay more than a player is worth and receive more than every player is worth significatly 

You can cut out the attitude for a start because its not me that isn't grasping a basic concept.

The transfer system works exactly the same for both the AI & human user.

The AI chooses not to pay over the odds for the player and walks away.

CoolDjGuyFromBerlin chooses to cave in to the demands and pay.

You should be doing what other FM users do and walk away, exactly like the AI teams do.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

They shouldn't be level because they aren't level IRL.

If you are trying to buy something that the owner doesn't want to sell then the price goes up.

If you are selling something you don't want the price goes down.

The same basic principles apply to football transfers both IRL and in FM.

You can cut out the attitude for a start because its not me that isn't grasping a basic concept.

The transfer system works exactly the same for both the AI & human user.

The AI chooses not to pay over the odds for the player and walks away.

CoolDjGuyFromBerlin chooses to cave in to the demands and pay.

You should be doing what other FM users do and walk away, exactly like the AI teams do.

Your still not understanding the problem , how can you walk away if it happens with EVERY player, evenutally you have to sign someone??? Likewise if your not getting any more for players its almost impossible to buy anyone. 

It gets to a point where no clubs want to sell any players. 

It doesnt work the same if you were intelligent enough to read my post you would understand this only happens with the PLAYER. Al operating between themselves operate in by buying and selling players similar to their value not 3 times the price.

Transfers work the same for both the AI and the player.

If a team doesn't want to sell a player it will ask for silly money as a way of telling you to go away (it does this because people moaned when the AI would say not for sale) which is exactly the same you can do when a club comes after your player. In this case unless the player gets unhappy the team with the player has all the power and you can either give into the demands, try and upset the player or more realistically switch to another target. When scouting a player the scout will tell you how interested the club is in selling if they aren't interested then just look for another player. You can also negotiate with the teams most of the time especially with smaller teams you can get a bid accepted closer to the scout predication than their initial demands. It also depends on when you are trying to sign the players it is hardest after they have just signed a new contract or just come into the game and have signed a pre-contract.

With the selling of players it is the opposite the buying club has the power especially if you are desperate to get rid of the player, and you can do exactly the same with the AI if the AI transfer lists as not needed a player then you can pick them up for much less than their value (unless it is the player who wants out and the club doesn't want him).

In my game in the Championship I've just sold a Midfielder worth ~£350K for his release clause of £3.7m and replaced him with a transfer listed player from City for £500K (and with them paying some of his wages) and grabbed a transfer listed player from Real for £350K with them both worth a couple of million, so it is perfectly possible to sell high and buy low you just need to target the right players. (Of course at the other end I have a Midfielder who is likely to leave on a free because I wouldn't sell him to Sunderland as they wouldn't meet my valuation).

Your still not understanding the problem , how can you walk away if it happens with EVERY player, evenutally you have to sign someone??? Likewise if your not getting any more for players its almost impossible to buy anyone. 

It gets to a point where no clubs want to sell any players. 

Thats just not true I'm afraid.

You need to learn to identify the right time to approach the right players when you are buying.

Equally you need to learn the right time to sell players to maximise your selling price.

It doesnt work the same if you were intelligent enough to read my post you would understand this only happens with the PLAYER. Al operating between themselves operate in by buying and selling players similar to their value not 3 times the price.

Again with the abuse when you fail to recognise that the AI are doing a better job then you are, doesn't help you.

Other FM users can match and even do better than the AI in the transfer market therefore so can you.

3 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Transfers work the same for both the AI and the player.

If a team doesn't want to sell a player it will ask for silly money as a way of telling you to go away (it does this because people moaned when the AI would say not for sale) which is exactly the same you can do when a club comes after your player. In this case unless the player gets unhappy the team with the player has all the power and you can either give into the demands, try and upset the player or more realistically switch to another target. When scouting a player the scout will tell you how interested the club is in selling if they aren't interested then just look for another player. You can also negotiate with the teams most of the time especially with smaller teams you can get a bid accepted closer to the scout predication than their initial demands. It also depends on when you are trying to sign the players it is hardest after they have just signed a new contract or just come into the game and have signed a pre-contract.

With the selling of players it is the opposite the buying club has the power especially if you are desperate to get rid of the player, and you can do exactly the same with the AI if the AI transfer lists as not needed a player then you can pick them up for much less than their value (unless it is the player who wants out and the club doesn't want him).

In my game in the Championship I've just sold a Midfielder worth ~£350K for his release clause of £3.7m and replaced him with a transfer listed player from City for £500K (and with them paying some of his wages) and grabbed a transfer listed player from Real for £350K with them both worth a couple of million, so it is perfectly possible to sell high and buy low you just need to target the right players. (Of course at the other end I have a Midfielder who is likely to leave on a free because I wouldn't sell him to Sunderland as they wouldn't meet my valuation).

Yes but after say 5/6 years this happens with every player you try to sign, its impossible to switch to a different target. The like of Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal regularly sign players around 16/17 from lower league clubs for well under 1,00,000£ especially if these players have never played for the first team.  Dele Alli cost only 5 million pound and had made 65 appearances for MK Dons. IRL these clubs would need the money and often sell because they are financially required to they are not in a position to say no to maybe 700k-1million and try to hold out for 8/9 million. Trying to upset the player doesnt really change anything he will say hes unhappy but the price is the same.

7 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Thats just not true I'm afraid.

You need to learn to identify the right time to approach the right players when you are buying.

Equally you need to learn the right time to sell players to maximise your selling price.

Again with the abuse when you fail to recognise that the AI are doing a better job then you are, doesn't help you.

Other FM users can match and even do better than the AI in the transfer market therefore so can you.

Do you not understand the word EVERY? that means every player in the game. It is clearly a flawed system and not to to do with "timing" i know how to play the game you fool.

1 minute ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Do you not understand the word EVERY? that means every player in the game. It is clearly a flawed system and not to to do with "timing" i know how to play the game you fool.

More abuse?

Really you need to grow up and stop acting like a child throwing a tantrum because other people aren't agreeing with you.

As you clearly have made your mind up and aren't interested in learning I'll just leave you to it and go back to enjoying my save :)

The only problem here is that you're not negotiating like the AI is. If a club wants to keep a player, then they'll hold out for as much money as possible. If you have a player that you don't want anymore, clubs won't pay over the odds for him. Cougar and Michael really could not have explained it more concisely or correctly than they have.

Whenever a club slaps a £16million price tag on that £500k-rated player you want, they're basically saying that he isn't for sale. As I see it, you then have three options.

1. Walk away, and look at other targets who'd provide more value for your money.
  2. Try to negotiate the price down significantly. Note the emphasis on try, because you might not have much success.
  3. Foolishly offer them the £16million. (The Kenny Dalglish/Andy Carroll option :D)

The transfer system works both ways for human and AI, on the buying end and on the selling end.

While I was still playing my first FM17 save as Millwall in the Championship, I had my eyes on a Swedish Under-21s international centre-back. He had a five-figure price tag, but when I first attempted to sign him, Malmo wanted £1million. I came back a few weeks later and negotiated that price down to £350k (potentially rising to £750k). That wasn't a lot to pay for someone who'd become a regular starter for me within 12 months.

Meanwhile, I had a promising 18-year-old winger in my reserve team. He was very raw and rated at around £300k, yet he had the potential to be a decent Premier League player. The following summer, Watford and Crystal Palace each submitted offers of around £1.5million for said winger. Through the art of negotiating, and playing both clubs off each other, I managed to strike a deal with Watford for £3million and a significant percentage of the sell-on fee. Getting £3million (and potentially more) for a decent young Championship player wasn't too bad a deal in my eyes.

18 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Yes but after say 5/6 years this happens with every player you try to sign, its impossible to switch to a different target. The like of Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal regularly sign players around 16/17 from lower league clubs for well under 1,00,000£ especially if these players have never played for the first team.  Dele Alli cost only 5 million pound and had made 65 appearances for MK Dons. IRL these clubs would need the money and often sell because they are financially required to they are not in a position to say no to maybe 700k-1million and try to hold out for 8/9 million. Trying to upset the player doesnt really change anything he will say hes unhappy but the price is the same.

Most of the IRL cheap players are signed for compensation before they sign pro contracts with their club, which is again something you can do in the game. The Alli transfer doesn't even prove your point - he spent three years at MK Dons before Spurs gave in and gave them £5m for him, why did they not sell him for £1m a couple of years before hand because as you say they need to money?

My game is seven years in and just had a quick scout of League One 16 year olds and the according to my scouts the most expensive one would cost just under £1m with a 5 star potential (which would give him a champ/prem potential).

On 2017-4-29 at 18:25, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Most of the IRL cheap players are signed for compensation before they sign pro contracts with their club, which is again something you can do in the game. The Alli transfer doesn't even prove your point - he spent three years at MK Dons before Spurs gave in and gave them £5m for him, why did they not sell him for £1m a couple of years before hand because as you say they need to money?

My game is seven years in and just had a quick scout of League One 16 year olds and the according to my scouts the most expensive one would cost just under £1m with a 5 star potential (which would give him a champ/prem potential).

Most players after 5/6 seasons dont have a value even with 100% scouting with scouts having 20A and 20P. Its near impossible to sign players after a couple of season. This is the problem something your clearly ignoring from my posts.

29 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Most players after 5/6 seasons dont have a value even with 100% scouting with scouts having 20A and 20P. Its near impossible to sign players after a couple of season. This is the problem something your clearly ignoring from my posts.

If they don't have a value they aren't a good transfer target as you stand no chance of signing them, hence the high asking prices from the AI managers.

If you want to make a case upload your save with examples and then it can be proven one way or the other.

Every player either not having an asking price or one that is x100 their value  sounds like the kind of issue found in cracked versions of FM, it's certainly not the experience I or others have had.

Your game could have triggered such an anti-piracy measure & as your experience is not matched by other players I'd suggest raising your concerns in the bugs forum & uploading a copy of your save game to provide examples for SI to investigate.

13 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

If they don't have a value they aren't a good transfer target as you stand no chance of signing them, hence the high asking prices from the AI managers.

If you want to make a case upload your save with examples and then it can be proven one way or the other.

What part of it happening to every player do you not understand? What do you do after a handful of seasons just stop signing players?

Ive just got a scout report on a 2.5 star current player with potential for 3.5 and the estimated value was between 130-150 million pound.

4 hours ago, Barside said:

Every player either not having an asking price or one that is x100 their value  sounds like the kind of issue found in cracked versions of FM, it's certainly not the experience I or others have had.

You're game could have triggered such an anti-piracy measure & as your experience is not matched by other players Id' suggest raising your concerns in the bugs forum & uploading a copy of your save game to provide examples for SI to investigate.

Well considering I purchsed through Steam I wouldnt like this to be the case.

I have also just checked on a player I tried to sign, Lewis Cook from Bournmouth. Any bid would just result in Bournmouth being "insulted" by the offer. He was valued at 15 and bids of up to 30 would still result in "insulted" Bournmouth not willing to discuss a fee. Just before the end of the Transfer window he moved to Real Madrid for 18 million.

1 hour ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

What part of it happening to every player do you not understand? What do you do after a handful of seasons just stop signing players?

Ive just got a scout report on a 2.5 star current player with potential for 3.5 and the estimated value was between 130-150 million pound.

What part of upload your save to prove it do you not understand?

Other people aren't having this issue, at least not with every player.

Nobody on here will be willing to help you if you just abuse them.

Prove your point - Either upload your save to the SI FTP server so others can look, or, just as a test, offer to buy a player from a very low league team (League 2 or below for England, or some similar equivalent). Bid around the scouts estimate, or what you'd expect the fee to be. Screenshot the response and post it here. Try this a few times, if all the fees are crazy you've got an issue, if not, you're playing the game wrong.

1 hour ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

I have also just checked on a player I tried to sign, Lewis Cook from Bournmouth. Any bid would just result in Bournmouth being "insulted" by the offer. He was valued at 15 and bids of up to 30 would still result in "insulted" Bournmouth not willing to discuss a fee. Just before the end of the Transfer window he moved to Real Madrid for 18 million.

Thats pretty typical tbh.

You lay the groundwork, player makes it known he is unhappy that he wasn't allowed to leave, you fail to go back in for him when the time is right and an AI club take advantage of the work you did.

2 hours ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Well considering I purchsed through Steam I wouldnt like this to be the case.

Glitches can happen which is why I suggested you upload the save for SI to look at to rule it or anything else out.

3 hours ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Keep your transfer targets on your short list.  That way you should get an email whenever a bid from another team comes in - and even if you don't get an email you can still make regular checks on your short list.  Sometimes you can unsettle players without realising it, and if you aren't keeping track of them a different team will sign them for less than you were offering and you'll wonder why.

Also worth keeping an eye on players transfer listed, especially in the run up to deadline day.

Maybe it is not the transfer fee per se, but the valuation of the player should be improved upon. I can understand if a player valued at 1M can only be bought for 5-10M. But if a player worth only 5K cannot be bought for 2M, it just seems wrong (looks at the Portugese players from the big 3, and African players). I am referring to the minimum sum which the scout says I have to pay here. 

If SI can bring the valuation slightly closer, it might make more sense.

8 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Thats pretty typical tbh.

You lay the groundwork, player makes it known he is unhappy that he wasn't allowed to leave, you fail to go back in for him when the time is right and an AI club take advantage of the work you did.

Well taking your earlier advice I had switched to a different target because of the valuation considering all bids were being rejected. What are now proposing that I both switch to different targets but keep bidding for the same player because the AI will now sell lower? 

You seem to be contradicting yourself a fair lot here.

Well taking your earlier advice I had switched to a different target because of the valuation considering all bids were being rejected. What are now proposing that I both switch to different targets but keep bidding for the same player because the AI will now sell lower? 

You can save a lot of guessing (with blind lower bids) if you scout the player and also keep tabs on offers made for him. Basically, what Herne said.

You seem to be contradicting yourself a fair lot here.

Now you are trolling or trying to be difficult.

I said you need to be able to identify the right targets at the right time.

During a transfer window a situation can change depending what happens in the game world.  A player who isn't available at the start of the window can become available later in the window and you should be capable of identifying when a situation changes with an individual player.

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

Now you are trolling or trying to be difficult.

I said you need to be able to identify the right targets at the right time.

During a transfer window a situation can change depending what happens in the game world.  A player who isn't available at the start of the window can become available later in the window and you should be capable of identifying when a situation changes with an individual player.

Yes im the one trolling, ive seen you on here show up on countless threads just to lecture people and tell them its al their fault and they should just play the game like you, if I could give you some advice maybe step outside and try getting a life you sound like you need it.

8 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Valued at 53k and had been on the transfer list for 35. Made an offer of 35 and taken off the transfer list. Now looking for 4 Million.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 22.19.59.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 22.20.11.png

Your scout report clearly says he is available for £44.5k and its about three weeks old.

Have you continued the negotiation to see how low they would go?  I doubt they would go as low as £44k from £4m so it suggests something has happened in those three weeks since the scout report, possibly he has signed a new contract?

What does a new scout report say?

4 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Your scout report clearly says he is available for £44.5k and its about three weeks old.

Have you continued the negotiation to see how low they would go?  I doubt they would go as low as £44k from £4m so it suggests something has happened in those three weeks since the scout report, possibly he has signed a new contract?

What does a new scout report say?

Yes why shouldnt you doubt it, its not as if your looking at two screen shots of it are you now?

I used that because his contract is up at the end of month and another team had interest, rather than run the risk of losing him 35k out of a budget of 3 million was little, hence trying to bid for him. 

1 minute ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Yes why shouldnt you doubt it, its not as if your looking at two screen shots of it are you now?

I used that because his contract is up at the end of month and another team had interest, rather than run the risk of losing him 35k out of a budget of 3 million was little, hence trying to bid for him. 

????

Did you negotiate further?

How low did you get it from £4m?

11 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

????

Did you negotiate further?

How low did you get it from £4m?

Why would I waste my time with this, they guy is worth 40k and they want 4 million how can you not see how this is a problem? Maybe unlike you some of us have a life off the computer and play this game for entertainment and not to fill the lack of success in our lives. 

Its a football simulator not a financial negotiating game, if i wanted to spend my day doing that I wouldnt leave work, at least I get paid to do that there.

3 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Why would I waste my time with this, they guy is worth 40k and they want 4 million how can you not see how this is a problem? Maybe unlike you some of us have a life off the computer and play this game for entertainment and not to fill the lack of success in our lives. 

Its a football simulator not a financial negotiating game, if i wanted to spend my day doing that I wouldnt leave work, at least I get paid to do that there.

So basically you did nothing, you just gave up.

It would have taken you a few seconds, less than a minute for a few rounds of negotiation but you couldn't be arsed.

I was right on Saturday, I should have just ignored you, especially given you've done nothing but be rude & abusive.

11 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

So basically you did nothing, you just gave up.

It would have taken you a few seconds, less than a minute for a few rounds of negotiation but you couldn't be arsed.

I was right on Saturday, I should have just ignored you, especially given you've done nothing but be rude & abusive.

So basically you just completely changed from you need to leave a target to no you nned to negotiate, you need to make up your mind because your looking pretty dam stupid here.

You clearly couldnt have, your posts have all the hallmarks of a loser with nothing better to do with his time than post on the forum here acting like a know it all just telling everyone the problem is they need to "learn" the game.

4 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

So basically you just completely changed from you need to leave a target to no you nned to negotiate, you need to make up your mind because your looking pretty dam stupid here.

You clearly couldnt have, your posts have all the hallmarks of a loser with nothing better to do with his time than post on the forum here acting like a know it all just telling everyone the problem is they need to "learn" the game.

I've given you plenty of advice and been clear about it.

Its not me that looks stupid here but as you clearly aren't interested hopefully my advice is better used by others who are.

I won't reply again so take your trolling elsewhere.

Please cut out the bickering, otherwise this will just get closed.

If you have a real issue with something, as said, report it in the bugs forum with a copy of the save that re-produces the issue. SI can then check to see if there's an issue.

The transfer system should be more balanced, taking in consideration in which country the transfer is made: its common sense that if I have a player that I don't want sell, I will ask for a lot more than his value. Human managers do it, the AI does it also. No issue here ! The opposite also applies: if I'm making an offer for a player, I want to spend the less possible, so I start offering a bid equal or close to the player's value. Human managers do it, the AI does it also. No issue here !

The issue starts, for instance, with teams in Portugal: lower league teams, semi-pro teams, sometimes have players with a very high potential, usually u-19 players and their value are quite low, let's say 50k. When I, managing a big team, make an offer, I will be asked for 10 or 20 million. Okay, the club doesn't want to sell. The issue is that, at least in Portugal, no lower league team would ask for these kinds of values, they want to sell because they just need the money to survive. Sure, they also want the best deal possible, but that is usually made with transfer clauses. And this is the reality missing in FM.

23 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

The transfer system should be more balanced, taking in consideration in which country the transfer is made: its common sense that if I have a player that I don't want sell, I will ask for a lot more than his value. Human managers do it, the AI does it also. No issue here ! The opposite also applies: if I'm making an offer for a player, I want to spend the less possible, so I start offering a bid equal or close to the player's value. Human managers do it, the AI does it also. No issue here !

The issue starts, for instance, with teams in Portugal: lower league teams, semi-pro teams, sometimes have players with a very high potential, usually u-19 players and their value are quite low, let's say 50k. When I, managing a big team, make an offer, I will be asked for 10 or 20 million. Okay, the club doesn't want to sell. The issue is that, at least in Portugal, no lower league team would ask for these kinds of values, they want to sell because they just need the money to survive. Sure, they also want the best deal possible, but that is usually made with transfer clauses. And this is the reality missing in FM.

This is whats happening to me, especially the further into the game I go, I've recently had a lad aged 16 in Scotland playing for Dundee youth side. Hes valued at 16k and I put together a bid worth 100k up front, monthly installments of another 200k and then addition fees in international and appearances with the total coming to over 1 million. It was rejected and they wanted almost 20 million for this player (potential 4 star). The same with a lad from Aberdeen who a similar price and similar offer after hitting suggest offer I just recieved the Aberdeen have refused to respond to this offer as it is too low message. The fact is no scottish club would demand these prices, especially not a first divison club. Ive also had a 3rd divison German team demand 75 million for a 17 year old who mad no first team appearances. 

On the first point I agree, however what I will say is the odd time I do recieve over the value of the place its never more than double his value, however taking a quick look now and most youth prospects you have to pay 10x their value and most starting first team players well over 3. I dont mind paying more than the value however their should certainly be more balance as to the wild difference between how transfers seem to operate.

On 5/3/2017 at 12:21, pedrosantos said:

And this is the reality missing in FM.

I agreed with everything you said, up until these last 8 words. This can't be totally implemented into the game, at least no easily, but there are ways that it does exist.

Once you've bid for that player keep them on your shortlist! The player will often refuse a new contract, or at least make sure a buy out clause is included if he does, or he'll become unhappy and ask to leave. The more you negotiate, the lower you can get the price down to. Keep going back, keep negotiating. Declare interest in the player, make him unsettled.

There are lots of little tricks to getting value for money. Keep going back and unsettling him, then bidding and negotiating. They'll have to give in eventually, either the player will refuse a new deal and you can get him slightly cheaper, or he'll ask to leave and the selling club will be in less of a position to refuse your bids.

That's exactly the approach to take, unless the player's current club has decided to sell them or needs the cash then an interested party is going to have to put in some work over a period of months.

8 hours ago, David_H1997 said:

I agreed with everything you said, up until these last 8 words. This can't be totally implemented into the game, at least no easily, but there are ways that it does exist.

Once you've bid for that player keep them on your shortlist! The player will often refuse a new contract, or at least make sure a buy out clause is included if he does, or he'll become unhappy and ask to leave. The more you negotiate, the lower you can get the price down to. Keep going back, keep negotiating. Declare interest in the player, make him unsettled.

There are lots of little tricks to getting value for money. Keep going back and unsettling him, then bidding and negotiating. They'll have to give in eventually, either the player will refuse a new deal and you can get him slightly cheaper, or he'll ask to leave and the selling club will be in less of a position to refuse your bids.

I know, I always bargain with the club to lower the player's value :) Still, its not a matter of negotiating but the will to sell the player by the club. Maybe in other countries there's another reality (at least another one that is more closely replicated by FM), but surely not here in Portugal: lower league teams have serious financial issues and they need money as we need air to breathe. So, when I wrote that its a missing reality in FM, I understand that it surely must but be hard to implement, but as far as I can say, it hasn't been tried. Just saying, football is not an exact science and different countries, have different cultures, and football replicates those differences. To some extent, it should be replicated in FM  - considering its a simulator and has the ambition / gold to replicate the reality of managing a club. I think the game itself would benefit a lot taking these cultural differences, and if the game benefits, we also benefit :)

• 6 months later...

Archived