My Own Stadium!

My team (Chimney Corner) have just decided to build a new stadium, this is the first time i've ever had this happen to me and although i've heard that they can be named after you this is the first time i've actually seen it, am well chuffed. :)

GraemeMantleInbox.png

My Bremen board built a new stadium (or rather they are currently building it while we plunge into vast debt!), but are naming it after Otto Rehhagel (dodgy spelling no doubt). I wouldn't want it named after me either, but I much prefer names like our old Weserstadion. Mind you, most stadia in Germany seem to be named after the sponsors anyway!

Oh Lampard is the manager! I thought he was still playing. Congrats on the stadium.

He was the manager, he just left at the end of his contract for some bizarre reason even though they've not been outside the top 3 yet.

It's going to have 7,738 seats, the current stadium has a capacity of 4,500 although not all seated.

Wait, they are building a brand new stadium for 7,738 seats for a club in the PL? How.. pointless :D

Well done though, I got one with AFC Telford. It was named AFC Telford stadium, I was quite dissapointed :(

Wait, they are building a brand new stadium for 7,738 seats for a club in the PL? How.. pointless :D

Well done though, I got one with AFC Telford. It was named AFC Telford stadium, I was quite dissapointed :(

This is the Northern Irish Premier League though, i think it'll be the 3rd largest stadium in the league after Linfield (20k national stadium) and Glentoran (12k)

This is the Northern Irish Premier League though, i think it'll be the 3rd largest stadium in the league after Linfield (20k national stadium) and Glentoran (12k)

Oops, didn't see the N. Ireland part! :o

Well done! May I ask, how much money do you have in the bank?

I'm playing with Glebe in Northern Ireland, am in 2021 and the budget has increased to near £17m, but still no sign of a new stadium, only expansions to my current stadia, which I don't like to see at all since I share it with my only rival, Ballymoney United (whom I haven't met since I got out of the Second Division in season 2...).

Well done! May I ask, how much money do you have in the bank?

I'm playing with Glebe in Northern Ireland, am in 2021 and the budget has increased to near £17m, but still no sign of a new stadium, only expansions to my current stadia, which I don't like to see at all since I share it with my only rival, Ballymoney United (whom I haven't met since I got out of the Second Division in season 2...).

Before the new stadium was announced it was £12m i'm guessing you could have one too but your current ground still has room to expand.

Being Northern Irish myself I'm totally amazed you manage to get more than 4000 in every week.

Same here, and I'm baffled as to how he could manage a crowd of 400 at Chimney Corner, let alone 4000! A common joke between my mates here is when someone does something they think is great, a couple of us will clap slowly and say "Chimney Corner Score again".... :D

I guess you must be their greatest ever manager.

Congrats on that, Graeme.

Job's a good 'un. :thup:

haha thanks, i did look to see how they do in real life a couple of weeks ago and shockingly bad wouldn't even begin to describe it, if i thought i could do all this for real then i would soon make my way to N Ireland to give it a go, alas i don't think they would take me seriously if i showed them my FM successes.

haha thanks, i did look to see how they do in real life a couple of weeks ago and shockingly bad wouldn't even begin to describe it, if i thought i could do all this for real then i would soon make my way to N Ireland to give it a go, alas i don't think they would take me seriously if i showed them my FM successes.

I'm not joking, but some bloke done that not so long ago when he applied for the Middlesbrough job. Honestly, ask around. I'm pretty sure it was Middlesbrough.

I'm not joking, but some bloke done that not so long ago when he applied for the Middlesbrough job. Honestly, ask around. I'm pretty sure it was Middlesbrough.

Yeah it was. Steve Gibson actually sent a couple of replies back and sponsored the guy for charity I think. I remember reading about it.

Oktober Arena, in ultra glamourous... Merthyr Tydfil :p Started out as 22,000 (with a roof, for some reason :p ), but is now up to about 48, if I recall, havent played the game in a while.

I was very disappointed that, despite it being the second biggest stadium in Wales, it still wasnt used when Wales and Scotland had the Euros :( While England used Don Valley for the World Cup!

Oktober Arena, in ultra glamourous... Merthyr Tydfil :p Started out as 22,000 (with a roof, for some reason :p ), but is now up to about 48, if I recall, havent played the game in a while.

I was very disappointed that, despite it being the second biggest stadium in Wales, it still wasnt used when Wales and Scotland had the Euros :( While England used Don Valley for the World Cup!

Dissappointed to hear this, i was hoping mine might be one day if i can get it large enough but then i'm guessing the national stadium is probably hard programmed into the game.

I got a a message saying the board would be building a new stadium which would cost £192m, of which £31m would be raised by selling Valley Parade and it was named after the clubs greatest player Stuart McCall. 2014 and won 2 prem titles on trot and champs league once, fa cup once. The stadium is only being built to 52,000 though so i would expect that to be extended or another stadium will probably be built, as on previous games the stadium could be extended to 60,000 and mine is only 39,000

WOW - I have the same deal with Chimm Corner. in 2016. Fell in love with them in fm 07 when wallace balldozered the ball in every week.

They built 9000 capacity Woolard park (named after me). I have made the uefa cup 1st round twice, and so am starting to build the co-efficents.

1 question do you struggle in the all ireland cup.

I won it last year but find many of the games against rep irish teams very hit and miss wheras i am currently 17 played 17 won in IPL conceeding 1 goal along the way. - Scouting opening up to europe has helped this.

WOW - I have the same deal with Chimm Corner. in 2016. Fell in love with them in fm 07 when wallace balldozered the ball in every week.

They built 9000 capacity Woolard park (named after me). I have made the uefa cup 1st round twice, and so am starting to build the co-efficents.

1 question do you struggle in the all ireland cup.

I won it last year but find many of the games against rep irish teams very hit and miss wheras i am currently 17 played 17 won in IPL conceeding 1 goal along the way. - Scouting opening up to europe has helped this.

I used to initially but not these days, it's rare for me not to make the final and have won it 6 times now.

Archived