If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

I have a better way to see something what will be interesting for San Giovanni in the future: They might become the New Kings of San Marino soon, if you made it to the Champions League Group Stage and a better youth intake.

So, how's Nicola Fardin right now? I think he retired to join politics or returned to another team. What would be the result of the CS U Craiova in the Europa League? Who's leading and trailing San Marino in the World Rankings?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a better way to see something what will be interesting for San Giovanni in the future: They might become the New Kings of San Marino soon, if you made it to the Champions League Group Stage and a better youth intake.

So, how's Nicola Fardin right now? I think he retired to join politics or returned to another team. What would be the result of the CS U Craiova in the Europa League? Who's leading and trailing San Marino in the World Rankings?

I'm not going to tell you until you answer why you're so interested to know :D

Youth Intake Day!

8e557c31760e1658cf3b18467ab8b850.png

29a62cabe5d30ff8718691f8abae1665.png

He's a long way down in the playing order right now, but he looks good. It looks like we're going to lose our best striker (and best player) in Marco Podeschi (YP58), so a space may open up for him. I'm not sure how his PPMs are supposed to work, though...

f84e124e80a88e4db99d847bbf35afd6.png

Very happy with him as someone to develop. Anyone now with 5* PA is one to really watch - we're full time, with decent training facilities and good coaches, so they could genuinely reach that potential.

"Shoots From Distance" versus "Refrains From Taking Long Shots". That's...a head scratcher.

I'd like to imagine there's some small tuft of grass between "Distance" and "Long" where he can shoot to his heart's content. Play him the ball and he's willing to dribble circles just to find it. And, man, when he finds it he's happy as a dog with a bone.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Good stuff.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Nicola Berardi (YP64) - 8.17

He only played 20 games due to injury, but he was superb when he was fit.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 33

I'll have some news on him very soon...

Manager's Player of the Year:

Filippo Bianchi

He's superb at FB. It's interesting that he's our one foreign player and also didn't get tagged when he came through, but that he's gone on to be this good.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league. Not sure if we'll still be seeded for the CL Second Qualifying Round, but I hope so.

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: Fiorentino lost 9-1 to APOEL.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to CS U Craiova (who I think might be a university team...) in the Second Round. In the First Round, Cosmos lost 12-0 to Hapoel Tel Aviv and Tre Fiori lost 6-1 to Olimpija from Slovenia.

San Marino National team:

2038 Results -- 2039 Results

Is it just me, or is that a terrible Euro Qualifying Group?

Federico Barratta's PPM though....does the poor lad have schizophrenia?:lol:

Looks a good prospect though if you are gonna lose Podeschi, dude looks like he knows how to get goals as shown by his trial game :brock:

"Shoots From Distance" versus "Refrains From Taking Long Shots". That's...a head scratcher.

I'd like to imagine there's some small tuft of grass between "Distance" and "Long" where he can shoot to his heart's content. Play him the ball and he's willing to dribble circles just to find it. And, man, when he finds it he's happy as a dog with a bone.

I like both of these theories :lol: Personally, I reckon he's just really bad at English. No no boss - this ees distance!

646061a4789930df8f20f903de7ab70d.png

No no no no no no no no no no. This is the worst idea ever. First of all - it's only going to hold 4,797. Second of all, we're upgrading our training facilities at the same time, so this is really going to drain our money. Third of all, we're only averaging about 300 fans a game. WHY DO WE NEED A NEW STADIUM?

I swear to god, if our chairman begins to sell off our players...

021e65edf94b0202761546a531cce3ae.png

Everything is fine. He agreed to a new deal a month before his one ran out, and we've got him on a three year deal with a three year extension. He's a good finisher who's absolutely lightning, and as long as our chairman doesn't sell him, we're golden.

I'm not going to tell you until you answer why you're so interested to know:D

I'm always reading this story and it was awesome. But I was wondering on what happened to other teams who beat San Giovanni. But since it is focused on San Giovanni and San Marino, I think I will be interesting on both good and bad sides. So, I'm interested to know about what happened to San Giovanni and even teams inside/outside the league because I wanted to check out what's going on San Giovanni, find out what's their finish of the other teams and facts about San Giovanni and San Marino in competitions and rankings.

I'll be following, seems your threads have started quite a following on here. :)

Haha, thanks Tyler :)

I'm always reading this story and it was awesome. But I was wondering on what happened to other teams who beat San Giovanni. But since it is focused on San Giovanni and San Marino, I think I will be interesting on both good and bad sides. So, I'm interested to know about what happened to San Giovanni and even teams inside/outside the league because I wanted to check out what's going on San Giovanni, find out what's their finish of the other teams and facts about San Giovanni and San Marino in competitions and rankings.

Fair enough. Sparta Prague got 0 points in their CL group after beating Lech in the Playoff, PSV got knocked out by Villareal in the Second Knockout Round of the Europa League, and Craiova lost 3-0 to BMG in the Third Qualifying Round.

df6000b72664487dfd5954590dc47e86.png

We were superb away, but dreadful at home. I had hoped that we might, just might be able to nick it, but it wasn't to be.

889ada11d1a65a57f9ae30d047f0b86b.png

They're probably weaker than Steaua, but I don't like our chances. Their best player is this guy:

f63cafba6089bdff85d48744fd8f901d.png

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Domagnano pushed us close, but it's another title win.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 7.97

He's not that good.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 31

I love him.

Nicola Berardi (YP64)

He's great on the wing for us.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Virtus beat Pennarossa on penalties.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Steaua in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to AIK in the Playoff. Tre Fiori lost 3-1 to Lincoln from Gibraltar, Domagnano lost 4-0 to Vojvodina from Serbia and Libertas lost 7-0 to Hapoel Beer-Sheva.

2039 Results -- 2040 Results

Two points isn't bad.

47118a3ca8c8a092f9a4f2d0a9cb0745.png

5c414ede8d2e9fafbeb08f5053ab8e2c.png

This is a huge chance for us. They're the easiest team we could have been drawn against by far. They're a decent team but they're nowhere near as good as Steaua, for example, and I really fancy our chances.

f0c8fb08c9e587186f91af07d2b4b23b.png

Boom.

A few injuries in their team meant they had to play some 16 year olds who just weren't ready for the occasion. One of those was their LB, and so our gameplan was based around getting Nicola Berardi (YP64) and Filippo Bianchi the ball on the right to test him. 5-1? I'd say it worked. We're guaranteed a place in the Europa League groups for the first time in our history :D

836c9fd9606dfc8c3fcd24004e4c8b16.png

146b500b3ae2924e27e095db788058cb.png

Worth it.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A job well done.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Nicola Berardi (YP64) - 7.88

He's a decent winger.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 19

He just couldn't stay healthy this season. He is injury prone, but hopefully he has some better luck next year.

Federico Baratta (YP69)

He's developed incredibly quickly - but he currently doesn't want to sign a new deal.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Cailungo beat Domagnano 2-1.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Kobenhavn in the Playoff.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We got 0 points in our group. Pennarossa lost 7-0 to Rabotnicki from Macedonia, Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Austria Wien and Domagnano lost 6-0 to Astana from Kazakhstan.

2040 Results -- 2041 Results

We shouldn't be losing twice to Luxembourg.

Archived