If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Congrats on getting there, at least that's some money you've been missing out on the last few years.

We were actually getting a bit tight money-wise, so this'll definitely help. Let's sell out 5,500 tickets to be pumped 8-0 by Spurs :D 

Youth Intake Day!

8ed42c8acce77f43a4f2490e58b72e8b.png

b22b326e114905d834b8ce4d13e21ec7.png

Bingo!

Look, I know he's pretty bad now. I don't care. We finally have a winger. He's not terrible now (in fact, he's probably our best LM currently anyway), and he has 5* potential! Oh, and he's English. That's huge. Being English, his potential could be a lot, lot higher than a Sammarinese kid. I'm so excited for him. He could be great. Even if he doesn't turn out to have massive potential, he could still be 5* for us. Hopefully I can tutor him to a slightly better personality, because balanced isn't superb if you're looking for a lot of development very quickly. Still. :D

13 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I hope you locked that kid on a 5+3 contract instantly!  Looks like he has the potential to be really good for you.

We can't give people 5+3 contracts out the gates, unfortunately. Best we can offer is a 3+2. Because his CA is pretty low I'm hoping he doesn't think he's too good for us until after we can lock him into a 5+3, so fingers crossed.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We were lucky to even make the Playoffs, so I can't complain we lost the final. Our win on the final day sent us from 3rd to 1st, although we were only one point above 4th and missing out altogether. We should have won the final, but three terrible mistakes from our CBs cost us three goals, and we couldn't overcome it. Europa it is.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Nicola Prisco (YP78) - 7.58

It was a bad year.

Top Goalscorer:

Matteo Gualtieri (YP82) - 25

To be fair to Gualtieri, he's not doing too badly against Europe's big boys. He's not doing well and we could definitely do better, but we'd be a lot worse off without him.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Luca Giulliani (YP86)

Superb at FB.

Aims for Next Season:

Win the league back, and have another big intake with preferably a striker or winger.

Other teams:

League winners: Pennarossa beat us in the final.

Cup winners: Domagnano beat Cosmos 1-0 in the final.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Basel in the Third Qualifying Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We got 1 point in the group. Fiorentino lost 6-0 to AFC Astra from Romania, Juvenes Dogana lost 4-1 to Vaduz and Faetano lost 4-1 to Cherno more from Bulgaria.

San Marino National Team:

2053 Results --------------- 2054 Results

We're not good enough for those kind of groups, yet.

1 minute ago, Rikulec said:

Feels almost like starting over. :(

We're not in a great place, but we're not in a terrible one, either. We've got a couple decent players, our facilities are pretty good and we've just made it to the groups even with our weak squad. In a couple years, hopefully we'll have gotten some new blood in and be in better shape than we ever were before. Hopefully :D 

Youth Intake Day!

6bc2ab6ecd62c61de8586cd7df2465b6.png

That's the worst intake we've ever had, but I'm too intrigued to worry about that right now. Aung Myo Thu? That doesn't sound like an Italian name. And I don't remember Myanmar being near San Marino the last time I looked at a map...

d4e287e83952ceb00ec05b992c76ca7c.png

Um. Ok? He was born in San Marino, so his parents must have emigrated here from Myanmar. Why choose San Marino? Bloody hipsters, I tell you. Anyway, this kid is weird. I guess he feels a bit conflicted as to where he belongs. His face definitely shows his Asian descent, but then his moustache looks positively 1980s BBC TV presenter. He doesn't look very happy, does he? Poor kid. I imagine it's hard to make friends when you don't fully get the culture - oh, and being 6'7 at 16 probably doesn't help, either. 

I'm so confused. He's not good, but I really want to give him gametime just because I've never seen anyone - ever- this strange as a youth prospect. 

13 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I'd have to keep him around, just because.

Looks like you also picked up a useless Argentine wingback, probably the only Argentinian alive who's crap at football.

I've kept him around because he's the best of the bunch and also just because. We get a few useless Argentinians in, must be their San Marino roots overweighing their Argentinian ones. Him I did not keep around :D

7 hours ago, Torminator said:

Thats one strange youth player hahaha. I've been to Myanmar and I must say I didn't see anyone near 6,7" hahaha.

Maybe they round up all the tall ones and ship them to San Marino. Hmm...

4 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

What a strange Sammarinese-Burmese man being a prospect. However, did you sack the current HOYD for that? I felt about the Europa League exit, but can your opponents failed to advance as well?

No, I didn't sack my HOYD because he bought me someone from Myanmar. Don't be racist :lol: 

Domzale lost 4-1 to Hearts in the next Qualifying round.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Pathetic. We're so weak going forward. We couldn't close out games, and we're back in the Europa League. We really, really need a striker.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Federico Valentini - 8.07

He's not bad at CM.

Top Goalscorer:

Matteo Gualtieri (YP82) - 23

*Cries*.

Alberto Pozzo (YP84)

Our FBs are good. Shame the rest of the team isn't.

Aims for Next Season:

Striker. Striker striker striker striker striker.

Other teams:

League winners: Cailungo beat Faetano 2-1 in the final.

Cup winners: Faetano beat Cailungo 1-0 in the final. Do we have two teams capable of giving us a fight?

How the team in CL Qualifying did: Pennarossa lost 4-0 to Dundalk in the Second Round. How did they lose to Dundalk, this isn't real life :( 

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Domzale in the Second Round. In the First Round, Cosmos lost 3-0 to Videoton from Hungary and Virtus lost 4-1 to Hadjuk.

2054 Results --------------- 2055 Results

6-1! Bring it on, Iacovone :D 

e2213b824df134c26f0c97ded6fa9df6.png

That's a 3+3 contract, so we've got him for the next 6 years, at least. Here's how he's looking after a year:

f9687407eb47ff055664ed36d373f27c.png

Not bad. I'm still tutoring him to try and get that personality up because his development isn't rapid, but he's improved at a nice, steady pace so far.

9256d5175f9bd55a718ef1851c411458.png

That was way, way too close. They hit one from about 40 yards that somehow went past Pietro Sacca (YP79), and it was only in extra time that our strikers finally realised that you hit the round thing in between the two white poles, not past one of them. 6641ff877c25639888894e94878c151a.png

I mean, Hadjuk aren't that good, but we're going to get battered. We can't score and we can't defend, so...

Youth Intake Day!

54e8547e4ab63100aae5372fdf635f97.png

WE HAVE A STRIKER!

3019a59a3ff2510727a4a23503e5f217.png

A striker with 3 finishing, 4 passing, no great physicals and pretty poor technically. He better develop quickly, because he looks absolutely terrible. I'm really wound up about that.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

It's about time we won this back.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Paolo Zafferani (YP75) - 8.14

He's pretty decent.

Top Goalscorer:

Matteo Gualtieri (YP82) - 17

At this point, the only reason I haven't gone strikerless is we don't have enough quality midfielders to do it. 

Alberto Pozzo (YP84)

7.34 is superb for a FB.

Aims for Next Season:

We need a striker desperately. We also need a CB badly for reasons that will come apparent soon. A CM wouldn't go amiss, either. Basically, we're rubbish down the middle.

Other teams:

League winners: :D 

Cup winners: La Florita beat Tre Fiori 1-0 AET.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: Faetano lost 3-2 to Icelandic FH in the Second Round. So close :( 

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Hadjuk in the Third Round. In the First Round, Pennarossa lost 4-1 to Spartak from Serbia and Libertas lost 5-1 to Panduril from Romania.

2055 Results --------------- 2056 Results

That's a good point against Slovenia.

89efbe0bd21d881488b6f3f4e2c8fba6.png

Dreadful news, as one of our best players, Gian Andrea Santarelli (YP81) has left on a free, looking to join someone better. He was a really good CB, and no-one can replace him. No, seriously. No-one. His defensive partner Mattia Gasperoni (YP66) is 34 and will be retiring soon, but he's going to have to carry someone for a few years before he does hang up his boots. The next best CB in our squad isn't even rated 1/2* a gold star for us, so Alejandro Jimenez might have to start playing there - despite being 5'3 and having 2 jumping reach. This is a big problem.

EDIT: You know what? Screw it. It's time. Aung Myo Thu is going to become our starting CB. He's really bad, but he's 6'7 and we have no-one else.

30ecf60a46f8a6002d3bcf590a07d5ae.png

Hello...

They made the groups last year, but that's pretty uncommon for them. There's no doubting they're a lot stronger than us, but we have a chance here.

EDIT: Also, Frosinone are in Europe for the first time! They're playing in the Europa Playoff after coming 7th last season. Christian Gentile (YP76) doesn't look like he's ever going to leave them, which is really annoying, but he's now captaining them into Europe! Good for him.

bb36bf92c516e5c9aa78e6541c5bf78b.png

Archived