If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5d015b7b2d98e9cf503ae06730f6378d.png

8-0? That's a lot better than I thought we'd do.

The board have also announced plans to turn Professional at the end of the season, but I won't get too excited until it happens, because I'm sceptical that it'll actually go through.

Youth Intake Day!

1f6dec0d642de1c457ebfb6a8c5bf068.png

bc22942cf8b423eaf17755ba51b99e4b.png

How many giants does the game want to give us upfront :eek: There's something very strange in the water in San Marino...

ff45874780eefbc9a4e567594b08fb05.png

He looks decent, but we don't need a RM right now and he doesn't really have anything special about him.

030fb7bb67624b333f34da4ba9276137.png

He looks like a fairly decent CB.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We weren't a fan of winning in 90 minutes, but we got the job done in the end.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Roberto Percassi (YP21) - 7.69

Surprise surprise, it's a CM again.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Quaranta (YP23) - 20

He's actually genuinely decent.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Federico Maiani (YP35)

The best player at the club - can we turn Pro before Austria come calling?

Aims for next season:

Retain the league. I wonder if we're already seeded for the CL Second Round...

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: Libertas beat us 4-2 in the final.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Red Bull Salzburg in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to Torino in the Playoff. Cailungo lost 7-0 to APOEL, La Florita lost 7-0 to Vojvodina and Domagnano lost 4-0 to Dundalk.

San Marino National team:

2027 Results -- 2028 Results

0 goals scored, 44 conceded. Hmm.

65c1e67e970fd1caf4bc878da272d163.png

SUCCESS!

This has happened really early because of our lucky CL draw + takeover, and I'm a bit worried about our finances. For now, I only plan to give one or two people contracts to try and save some money. Still, we've managed to not lose a single person to Austria or Belgium, which is superb.

EDIT: Maiani wants £925 a week for one year... I think I might have gone Pro too early.

Alright, I got him down to £800 a week for two years with an optional two year extension. That's £41000 a year - it's steep, but we should be alright as long as for now, I keep most of our players on amateur contracts.

Yeah... going Pro had some major downsides I hadn't thought of:

cc6f57aebb9be27a41ef47300ca33a67.png

b48c7349ed48891d99ab5bf21d2b252e.png

That's a lot of players. I refused to give anyone a contract bar Maiani because I'm very cautious about spending beyond our means, and that meant a lot of players (way, way more than I thought would) decided to leave. Most of them were rubbish and I really don't mind, but there's a few depth players there and some decent young talents. It's not a huge deal (we didn't lose any first teamers) but it's not ideal, and I think I might have to start giving our players Pro deals.

Youth Intake Day!

d487b4db39f63c882210226557fcf712.png

a2dd0c87f45b74f0796d6efc328347f1.png

Sometimes, everything aligns just perfectly.

Fardin is the best player we've gotten through yet. It's not even close. He looks phenomenal. A 16 year old from San Marino with 15 finishing, 13 composure, decent heading, decent pace and some good mentals (including that 17 flair!). In my opinion, he's probably the best player at the club. And he's come through the year we've turned Professional. If he'd been here any sooner, an Austrian club would have snapped him up before I could blink. Now, we should have him for at least 4 years. He'll probably refuse to negotiate a contract after that because he knows he can do better, but I'm hopeful he can be the man to fire us forward. I'm so excited.

8c84180aba98eeed02721247cd65399d.png

He's a decent CM, but this intake is all about Fardin.

Unlucky about the boat load of players leaving mate but well done on the professional status going through. Fardin looks like he could play for a top, top club. Be interesting to see how far he can go and how many games he can win for San Marino on himself.

First of all, still excited to follow this save. Its good to see you are making huge progress, even tho turning professional is something that hurts a lot in the beginning. I am also stunned over Fardin, who looks like an absolute monster. Lets hope he can help you out a lot before leaving for a bigger club, because he might be the best player you see in a few years, even tho he will only be a teenager trough his time in the club. Cant wait to see how his career turns out.

Hope you dont mind bringing up my own save, just to show some of the players that have developed in Andorra. I started up in Andorra, and have had quite the success with U.E Santa Coloma. We have already reached the Europa League group stages once, but that is a few years back when we were at our peek. We are constantly going out in the Europa League qualification. We have developed some very nice talents, who now plays in much bigger leagues. I'm surprised actually over how good some of the players have become, even tho we have superb youth coaches and regular facilities. Here are some of the best players, who helped Andorra climbing top a 110 spot on the national rankings!!(Now back at around 150-170...

I know you dont understand the ratings. but you see the amount of high numbers. Its still, Tecnique-Mental-Physical, just so you have a clue.

QTlTWFEv.jpeg

Insane midfielder, who has been playing in the top leagues in both Austria and Switzerland for years already. His has been very inconsistent, but managed to get 15 of his 28 career assist for Kapbfenberger in Austria. His skill set is good enough to play in even bigger leagues tho and he is pretty much a standout for talents developed in the save. At least for our club (Lusitans, a club in our league even developed a better player from Portugal).

T2I3NURG.jpeg

Also an extremely solid player, who is now backup keeper for a Real Betis in Liga Bbva! Have also played a few matches in the french top league wich is pretty insane, for a player from Andorra.

UHZ2cnJx.jpeg

Our latest, and maybe greatest prospect. He is still in the club, and is easily the best player in the league already. He is dominating every single match he plays, and will probably play for a very great side in the future. Im very excited to follow the career of such a talented player born in Andorra, and i believe he he will eclipse both the players mentioned above.

QTlDS2dh.jpeg

The best player ever coming from our league, and we didnt even develop him. Continued to be a regular PAOK starter, and even got 7-8 matches for Portgual u21, wich is pretty insane, He had very good stats, and i furious this is the only screenshot i have of him. He is now retired, and gone, but what a legend he was.

Sorry if this a little to much to post on another players save report, but i just wanted to show how its going with my own save, without making a full report like you. Find this concept very intriguing, so i would love to compare many aspects of my own save with yours, every 10-15 years or so. Hope no one minds.

Best regards!

Thank goodness, you're getting better right now from the first try in San Giovanni. Good job, San Giovanni.:)

1.) Anything happened to RB Salzburg, Torino and Slovan Bratislava in the European competitions.

2.) Are you reluctantly ready to be appointed as San Marino NT coach? If so, will you create another manager for this or by yourself?

3.) This massive exodus of players meant to be better when you're first time of making a team now a Professional team. How are the other Sammarinese teams doing well?

Keep up the good work!:)

Unlucky about the boat load of players leaving mate but well done on the professional status going through. Fardin looks like he could play for a top, top club. Be interesting to see how far he can go and how many games he can win for San Marino on himself.

I reckon he'll leave us in a few years as a free agent, I just hope that if he does someone signs him up before he retires.

I demand Fardin be re-christened as Pippo Inzaghi :brock:

Oh god no. I'll forever remember Inzaghi as that guy who couldn't ever stay onside :lol:

Thank goodness, you're getting better right now from the first try in San Giovanni. Good job, San Giovanni.:)

1.) Anything happened to RB Salzburg, Torino and Slovan Bratislava in the European competitions.

2.) Are you reluctantly ready to be appointed as San Marino NT coach? If so, will you create another manager for this or by yourself?

3.) This massive exodus of players meant to be better when you're first time of making a team now a Professional team. How are the other Sammarinese teams doing well?

Keep up the good work!:)

Salzburg lost to Partizan on penalties in the Playoff and went into the Euro groups, where 8 points saw them come third. Torino won their group with 15 points from 18, but got knocked out by Zenit on away goals in the First Round. Slovan lost to Lech in the Third Round and to Rijeka in the Europa Playoff.

I'm not going to join the NT for quite a while, because they're terrible :lol:

Libertas, Virtus, Cosmos, Pennarossa, Fiorentino and Faetano are amateur clubs. Everyone else except us is Semi-Pro.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

I'm perfectly happy to drop one game in the playoffs, as long as it's not in the final.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh, although I'm wondering whether there might actually be a hidden benefit to this. Would winning it increase our club rep? Hmm...

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Roberto Percassi (YP21) - 7.92

He's good, but not insane or anything - he's just our AP, which means he sees the ball the most in the team.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Quaranta (YP23) - 14

14 in 31 is a terrible rate for our top scorer.

Federico Maiani (YP35)

He's so good, and we've got him signed up for the foreseeable future before Austria could snatch him :D

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Pennarossa beat Folgore on penalties.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Slovan Bratislava in the Second Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Folgore lost 6-0 to Dinamo Minsk, La Florita lost 7-0 to Botosani from Romania and Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Zavrc from Slovenia.

2028 Results -- 2029 Results

We got a point, although we still didn't score. We're comfortably the worst team in Europe except maybe Andorra, and easily one of the worst in the world.

8d3df2f47ec62f758ee66d9388a404ff.png

67980b603eb79d33e9eff214b061ea33.png

e182eaef0d041a359cbc759ff286d467.png

a5619166b03ecce1cc64d4ee68cba41c.png

We're so close to being a 1* league! We're the highest 0.5* league there is, so jumping one more place should push us over the line. Shame about the club rankings, but it's not a huge fall. Not really fussed about being back in the CL First Round, because it serves as a decent warmup game for the Second (as long as we avoid TNS, who are pretty strong). TV money is climbing nicely too :D

Sorry, HRKalle, I somehow missed your post.

Some of those players look great! Reaching the Europa League groups already is a superb achievement :eek:

I know it might be a bit late if you're already so far in (and presumably haven't been taking screenshots along the way), but I'd love to read a thread if you were to make one. It looks like things are going fantastically for you. Keep it up!

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We were awful in the playoffs. Defensively a complete shambles, and really poor at taking our chances. We're lucky we retained this.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 8.01

Surprise, surprise, our new AP gets the highest rating.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Fardin (YP45) - 18

He wasn't as good as I'd hoped he'd be, but that's not a bad first season. Unfortunately he doesn't want to sign a new deal, so we'll probably lose him in 3/4 years.

Marco Di Biagi (YP33)

He had a great season on the right.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Tre Fiori beat Cosmos 3-0.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to BATE Borisov in the Second Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Pennarossa lost 6-0 to Molde, Libertas lost 4-0 to Teplice from the Czech Republic and Cosmos lost 4-0 to Shakhter Soligorsk from Belarus.

2029 Results -- 2030 Results

A decent point against Lithuania.

6719282104e6ae44e15a492103aaf809.png

Football is so, so cruel. Maribor got a corner and converted the flick on with the very last kick of normal time. We then took the lead in the penalty shootout twice, but couldn't hold on and we've lost on penalties. Devastating.

Youth Intake Day!

8317b42db165f18666b06fcbb91e4d19.png

db849b880462fcb4373d9906d799e11f.png

He doesn't look anything special, to be honest.

c1f39d3a8643f70c7c6641f17908a822.png

What winger is 6'5? Surely as a kid he'd have been chucked at CB.

7df28c589166afbf68c3675287e29308.png

A more typically sized winger, and he actually doesn't look too bad. Still, this is a really disappointing intake.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A job well done, aside from that three game losing streak.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 7.92

He's developed nicely.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Fardin (YP45) - 30

Now that's a superb scoring rate. The better news came off the pitch - we signed him to a four year contract with a three year optional extension, so we have him locked up for seven years :D

Marco Di Biagi (YP33)

He's doing well for us.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Tre Penne beat Cosmos 1-0.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Maribor on penalties in the Second Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Cosmos lost 8-0 to Beroe from Bulgaria, Libertas lost 8-0 to Petrolul from Romania and Domagnano lost 5-0 to Levski Sofia from Bulgaria.

2030 Results -- 2031 Results

That's a lot of draws.

4103c448a65210cc9ccb6a2e37501e4a.png

This should be easy enough against the Estonian Champions, but there's absolutely no room for error. Here's why:

aea830daa0250e159d48013921cab3cd.png

We've been seeded in the Second Round! We barely made it but our 5.700 was just enough to give us a seeded spot, and we've been drawn against an Icelandic team who's name I'm never going to be able to say. We've been given a clear path to the Third Round, which will help our reputation massively. It should also boost our coefficient - I'm hoping that getting to the Third Round again might just be enough to mean we're consistently seeded in this round, which is what I like to consider being the first major step to European progress.

Archived