[FM2016] xxxxx IRON CURTAIN xxxxx

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
indeed, i have no idea how to get around that.

It's quite easy: just activate East Germany and rebuild the competitions again.

If you want I can upload the file that I use in my save. I did what I said and I get german names instead of spanish-english names. I just get a bug in which I cannot choose which leagues from EG I want in my file, so I get the whole system.

----

Is it normal that even if I load the Nation and players from, etc, I get teams with not enough people in East Germany?

It's quite easy: just activate East Germany and rebuild the competitions again.

If you want I can upload the file that I use in my save. I did what I said and I get german names instead of spanish-english names. I just get a bug in which I cannot choose which leagues from EG I want in my file, so I get the whole system.

yeh, it is an easy fix but it brings other issues with the database. however, i'll think about the next version with east germany made from er... east germany :D

regarding names, i don't know how ti is in beginning but i've just checked my 2030 save and about 1/3 has either anglicized name or surname. don't know if that is an improvement upon the first season. best solution would be to figure out how these names are created in first place. there is rather similar problem with languages i'd need more understanding on how hey are connected with regions and under the hood stuff in the game. if anyone knows any usefull topics on forum, please PM me.

oh, and don't to forget to use original database (16.0.1) not the one with transfer window update.

yes, database has to be the same to avoid the clashing between files.different files had to be used to enable playing all those competitions together. hence international, european cups and a one file for each country totaling six. if you copy paste the data part into each of those you are good to go.

it happens because the game loads info from all files you load with it. so if you load 6 files it will load six times this info. maybe the workaround could be to have that info in only one file and all others blank. however, not sure what would game than actually load... those blanks or those with info. sort of grey area but maybe worth trying.

Well, what you could do is have one file with all the DB changes, and have only the competition structure in the others. When starting a game the DB file would have to be loaded with any of the competition files. That way you have no duplication. The only problem is going to be the actual editing, which is harder without the db changes present, but you can always maintain two sets and just strip the db changes right before release.

Also, I found another problem: some lower division GDR teams are participating in the West-German Cup.

Well, what you could do is have one file with all the DB changes, and have only the competition structure in the others. When starting a game the DB file would have to be loaded with any of the competition files. That way you have no duplication. The only problem is going to be the actual editing, which is harder without the db changes present, but you can always maintain two sets and just strip the db changes right before release.

Also, I found another problem: some lower division GDR teams are participating in the West-German Cup.

i'm not sure how could you have file with only competitions and no database as competitions pick the data (i.e. league ID's) from database (that is why they are together). however, first database for fm13 or 14 was merged all in one file. however, you'd need to ask krljenuska about it as he did the merging and i am not sure if he is still around the forums.

Managed to do the merging and also fixed the W. German Cup. I'm gonna keep the other files with 3-Foreigner rule separate, but will have to modify Belgium because for some reason that one has the DB changes while all the others don't. I'm doing a long holiday test before sending you the files.

you should ignore the belgium file with db (i made it as somehow the game just refused to load belgium normally, but then i resolved it and put it with rest 3fgn files), there should be ordinary one like for all otehrs in the IC folder.

There is only one Belgium 3FGN file, and that has all the db changes. Is there a newer version of this project than the one linked in the first post?

in 3fgn folder there is 3fgnbel file which is without db changes, well with one change that i have no idea what it might have been. the number of changes is seen once you go to start new league.

i've remembered why it couldn't be done all in one file. it should have been done all in advanced editor and i didn't do anything in that. converting every file back to advanced would require too much work, besides, i don't believe i'd be able to do it and make it work at the same time.

in 3fgn folder there is 3fgnbel file which is without db changes, well with one change that i have no idea what it might have been. the number of changes is seen once you go to start new league.

i've remembered why it couldn't be done all in one file. it should have been done all in advanced editor and i didn't do anything in that. converting every file back to advanced would require too much work, besides, i don't believe i'd be able to do it and make it work at the same time.

Regarding the Belgium file, can you check if the file linked in the first post is the right one? In that one there is a 3FGN BEL file, last modified December 4th, 1.2mb and that one has all the db changes.

Yes, to merge all the files I converted everything to advanced rules. Everything still seems to work, but I'm still testing all the leagues to make sure.

I've done all the fixes and updated the East German league system to be more accurate. I also made some changes to the Champions Cup so that the seeding is no longer random. To avoid the duplicate data, I've put all the data in a single file, which also has the structures for all European continental and the international competitions. This file is now named "00 Iron Curtain" and needs to be loaded alongside the four country specific files, which have been stripped of the data. FM loads the data files in alphabetical order, so with this name the DB changes are loaded first. I've run a test on holiday and there were no errors. I've uploaded what I have here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/seax4p7y2ts9cau/xxxIRON_CURTAINxxx.zip

I'm going to give the soviet leagues a little bit of love next (move to calendar year schedule and add the third division).

Amazing work Dale Watkins! the seeding in Champions Cup is on purpose without seeding as that was the rule at the time. however WC isn't as i just didn't bother. Regarding Soviet league, i left it as is because i was planning to do the proper lower divisions for next year. They had kind of similar system to yugoslavia and it would take too much time to assingn clubs to their divisions.

let me know when you are done with all the updates and i'll put the file in the opening post. cheers!

This looks very interesting. For the club naming issues, mentioned in the early posts of this thread, regarding the combination with the Susie real name file, woudn't it just be easier to have started with Susie's file and have that names edited? Perhaps for next year, if it is too much trouble to do it again.

As for the collaboration with The Amazing Dale Watkins, will the suggestions of the new SSSR premier division clubs be in the file, or will the teams be divided over the leagues as they are now?

Also will there be new intenational cups like the CIS cup (although there was no CIS at the time of the SSSR), Baltic Cup, or other cups to play between clubs of different nations / SSSR regions?

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, very nice job and very nice idea. I got a few questions/problems:

1. Even if I selected EG Leagues as playable, East Germany only generates 2-3 players per year and they are all very weak. (they have german names, though). The other grey players have gibraltarian names.

2. The best East Germany players are released by their clubs after 2-3 years, and they remain free agents for a very long time. (Felix Kroos, Zelalem, Arnold, etc)

So, my question is if this is a common error, or if i did something wrong. The fact is I don't know if it's MBarbaric's file or Dale Watkin's one, because I can't remember which one I used.

3. Is there a simple way to NOT change Champions League rules? It's a little frustrating seeing Icelandic teams in Group Stage.

Thank you very much and again, VERY NICE JOB!

I have downloaded the files but Spain and East Germany don't have enough teams in the leagues. Any ideas why? Thanks

I sorted it by using the original 6 download files and the original database. For some reason the winter update messed things up for me.

Great database. Having fun in my first season in Yugoslavia

• 3 weeks later...
First of all, very nice job and very nice idea. I got a few questions/problems:

1. Even if I selected EG Leagues as playable, East Germany only generates 2-3 players per year and they are all very weak. (they have german names, though). The other grey players have gibraltarian names.

2. The best East Germany players are released by their clubs after 2-3 years, and they remain free agents for a very long time. (Felix Kroos, Zelalem, Arnold, etc)

So, my question is if this is a common error, or if i did something wrong. The fact is I don't know if it's MBarbaric's file or Dale Watkin's one, because I can't remember which one I used.

3. Is there a simple way to NOT change Champions League rules? It's a little frustrating seeing Icelandic teams in Group Stage.

Thank you very much and again, VERY NICE JOB!

check if you use original or winter update database that might sort the issues you are having. however,you are probably using Watkin's add on as the issue for newgens is known bug.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/456333-No-regens-in-new-country

I sorted it by using the original 6 download files and the original database. For some reason the winter update messed things up for me.

Great database. Having fun in my first season in Yugoslavia

yes, the db should be used with original DB, glad you enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting an error that "All teams in DDR Liga must be assigned to the parent division or its child division, not both", apparently for the East Germany file. I've tried having a look in the editor both at this file and the 000 file but I'm not seeing anything that's out of place. Rest of the leagues seem to work okay, but E Germany won't load as a result of this error. Any ideas?

I'm getting an error that "All teams in DDR Liga must be assigned to the parent division or its child division, not both", apparently for the East Germany file. I've tried having a look in the editor both at this file and the 000 file but I'm not seeing anything that's out of place. Rest of the leagues seem to work okay, but E Germany won't load as a result of this error. Any ideas?

you are probably trying to load the winter transfer database with iron curtain.try the original 16.0.0 database.

• 1 month later...

20 hours ago, legendof88 said:

Hi Quick question. 

More of a how you did it question, I wanted to just add the Soviet and Yugoslav national teams, not the complete change of the league. Can you tell me how in the editor you can do that?

you should put nations that make i.e. yugoslavia (croatia, slovenia...) to extinc and non fifa member, rename one of the nations i.e. russia to soviet union and transfer all the players from rest of the nations (ucraine, belarus...) to soviet union. however you'd have to remake all the international competitions since default format is expecting 50ish nations while you'd have significantly less as ucraine, belarus... wouldn't exist anymore.

if you look around internet there might already be such database.

Archived