FM16: Aston Villa F.C. - Rear garde action and scoring goals. Nothing major then...

Not really, I'm having the same problem. So far;

Sanchez - £5m

Gabby - £4.5m

Kozak - £1.5m

N'Zogbia - £1.5m

Richardson - £775k

Hutton - Loan (40% wages & £150k future fee)

Lescott - Loan (40% wages

Still trying to offload Bunn

Bunn is somewhat of an unflushable poop

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bunn is somewhat of an unflushable poop

Haha. I just kept him as backup and sold Guzan instead. With Timo Horn as first choice neither of them were gonna get anything other than a couple of cup ties anyway! Calum Chambers & Horn will make a bright future for this save!

Haha. I just kept him as backup and sold Guzan instead. With Timo Horn as first choice neither of them were gonna get anything other than a couple of cup ties anyway! Calum Chambers & Horn will make a bright future for this save!

I tried Horn but he wasn't interested in the Villa.

Therefore decided to stick with Guzan for now and brought in Lukas Raeder as backup. He looks a good prospect, was dirt cheap & has played for Bayern irl. Definitely worth a look if anyone needs a cheap backup.

Also forgot to mention Richards out injured for 6-7 weeks after just 3 games.

With Okore out long term & Lescott out on loan I am left with Mammana, Clark & Sulieman. Might have to bring in someone on loan.

Also forgot to mention Richards out injured for 6-7 weeks after just 3 games.

With Okore out long term & Lescott out on loan I am left with Mammana, Clark & Sulieman. Might have to bring in someone on loan.

Richards is always injured on mine too! I lost out on mammama to Man Utd though, so have to shuffle Chambers to middle with Lescott and play Gino Peruzzi on right.

Championship now.

Several 'high profile' players wanted to leave - so I did not stop them.

Lost - Richards, Amavi, Westwood, Lescott (but got no offers), Jordon Ayew, Libor Kozak - made about £19m

Bought in - Marcus Olsson, Adam Clayton, Aiden McGeady, Leanado Ulloa, Daniel Bentley (free)

Promoted a couple of reserves.

Still have some cash to spend but thought I would wait until January transfer window and see how things were going.

Started season - played 5 won 4 drawn 1 - so going OK so far

Only 4 games into the season (1 win & 3 losses) we have hit a bit of an injury crisis, particularly in the Centre Back department. This has meant dipping back into the transfer market to bring in Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik for £3.2m, he is a strong pacey Centre Back who adds strength to that department.

9ef2f93e-98c3-487b-9a5e-909fe50272fc_zpsqiroluwd.png

Despite the injury crisis we have picked up our best result of the season.

cba68126-0fde-4656-9846-abab0debb3b7_zpsqlizpsrf.png

The standout performers of the first 6 PL games have been;

Peruzzi - P6, A5, 7.90 RATING

Ayew - P6, G6, A1, 7.50 RATING

Season 1 - Mid Season Review

The first priority was offloading some of the bigger earners who weren't part of my future plans, this was easier said than done with a couple having to go out on loan due to a lack of interest. Then it was the usual Villa mantra of buy young & buy cheap, which went much better than I could have expected. I have one more player coming in January, Marius Lundemo for £700k.

0a358f22-d3ab-474d-85f3-020aa00820aa_zps3hbo43xw.png

The season started poorly with the defence being virtually non existent for the first dozen games, I put this down to a number of new faces coming in and an unfamiliar tactic. However, as the defence improved so have the results, culminating in a current unbeaten run of 7 games.

ba518b8c-6a27-445e-9438-e11a24d3dd8c_zpskxil93mr.png

This run has seen us move into the top half and even more surprisingly only one win off a Champions League place. This is despite an injury list that has contained a minimum of 4 or 5 first team players pretty much constantly (this has got to be down to the latest patch as I didn't have this trouble previously).

cc6a4792-177f-48b3-a214-0e3363f87add_zpsxchjlvo3.png

The squad has performed exceptionally well after a shaky start, with a handful of the new signings making their mark.

844f3bb0-2f89-45ee-877d-ef085ba9d294_zpsyprrf8fx.png

Hopefully we can push on in the second half of the season and finish in a European place

I've started a save with Villa and after getting rid of quite a bit of deadwood and spending that money I chanced my arm on deadline day and asked the board to increase the transfer budget. They were initially cautious but when I said I feared players would join rival clubs they increased budget from 5m to 18m!! I tried the same with wage budget and the same thing happened! I saved and went back to a save from 2 days before transfer deadline and asked the same question in the same order and got nothing! Anyone else had this? I'm not complaining by the way!!

Genuinely don't know how you do this guys. Got a Villa solo save and a Network Game going and in neither, I just cannot find a tactic/instruction/player combination that works. I'm not looking for clean sheets and 4 goals a game. I'd just like to not lose every single match by 3 or 4 goals... I've played FM and CM for years, and for the first time I'm lost. I don't feel like I know what I'm doing at all. Every time I make a change, it doesn't seem to have any positive effect. Help!

Genuinely don't know how you do this guys. Got a Villa solo save and a Network Game going and in neither, I just cannot find a tactic/instruction/player combination that works. I'm not looking for clean sheets and 4 goals a game. I'd just like to not lose every single match by 3 or 4 goals... I've played FM and CM for years, and for the first time I'm lost. I don't feel like I know what I'm doing at all. Every time I make a change, it doesn't seem to have any positive effect. Help!

Can't help when we don't know your team or what tactics you are currently using or what you are wanting to achieve with your tactic..

For some broad suggestions... keep it really simple, don't use team instructions unless you've noticed you really need to or if they are essential to how you are playing... dont have a too high backline (most common mistake in fm16, and causes crazy errors on the pitch) ..

Looks like you all have had some great saves! Sorry about my hiatus; kids, school and work have kicked my butt these last two- three months. I have updated the tactics and transfers section. It seams we are all doing similar things in transfer market- so that's encouraging. I think its more important to reduce that wage bill more than it is to raise a tonne of money in transfer fees.

I also think in regards to tactics it can be hit and miss. I have never been able to get my team to play deep and use a target man; i much prefer to try and play football, and I think you can do a hybrid of sorts with this villa team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm just curious as to which players and tactic you would chose from my team, I'm struggling to pick a constant starting 11 and keep everyone happy which is hurting morale

So if you could have a quick look at my team and any tips, suggestions, your starting 11 and subs, just anything would be great thanks.

Sorry for poor quality screenshots

224780DC-CC71-4731-8E86-A29C921A4989.jpg

F6C7C7DB-B0FF-47DF-9684-CD5C46979BD5.jpg

Alex

Just finished my first season with Villa. Main job was freeing up money by selling some of the higher earners as well as deadwood and bringing in depth to the squad. Main transfers out were: Kozak - Heerenveen, 3.5m; N'Zogbia - Fulham, 3.9m; Sanchez - Lazio, 5m; Richardson - Wolves, 1m; Clark - Norwich, 5m. There weren't many first team players brought in but I did have a stroke of luck on deadline day when I asked the board to increase transfer fund to stop rivals beating us to signings and they gave me 18m, did the same with wage budget saying I didn't want to lose key players and they upped that as well. Signings in were: Matias Rasmussen 150k, Ivan Nasberg 240k, Petter Strand 300k, Lars-Jorgen Salvesen 250k, Patrik Berg 130k, Harlee Dean (loaned back) 2.9m, Jere Uronen 950k (loaned back), Nicolaj Thomsen 1.1m, Ole Kristian Selnaes 1.9m, Stipe Pletikosa free, Dimitri Foulquier 2m, Charlie Austin 4.5m. I also agreed deals for Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy) and Jermaine Jones (NE Rev) to come in Jan at end of contracts.

In January I also sold: Senderos - Nantes, 600k; Bacuna - Basel, 3.3m;Crespo - Nice, 850k. I again added some youth players: Kristoffer Ajer 1.6m, Willem Tomlinson 700k, Sidad Chooly 250k and deadline day saw Davide Santon transfer listed so picked him up 6.75m.

Had a decent season reaching semi finals of League Cup and FA Cup including beating Birmingham ****** 3-1 in League Cup 1/4 final (had to go to extra time but then losing on pens to Liverpool in semi finals) and beating Arsenal in FA Cup 6th round 1-0 having had 2 shots and 30 odd % possession! Finished 10th overall with a not too great run in but was happy with that. Picked up quite a few draws and seemed better away from home playing on the counter than at home. Season review - http://s930.photobucket.com/user/jimmyt86/media/Football%20Manager/20160330103317_1.jpg.html?filters[user]=107174538&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Generally used 433 with wingers, didn't give too many team or individual instructions and kept mentality to standard (unless playing bigger teams then went to counter). Also used 4231 with 2 defensive DMs and 3 across midfield set to defensive mentality against the top 4. Adama, Gabby and Nicolaj Thomsen were standout players during the season whilst Guzan, Gana Gueye and Richards were solid. Team of the year - http://s930.photobucket.com/user/jimmyt86/media/Football%20Manager/20160330105450_1.jpg.html?filters[user]=107174538&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0.

Current first team squad is quite large and thinking I need to cut this down and make better use of my U21 squad as back up players rather than loaning most the better ones out. Current squad looks like this (plus Aly Cissoko who is missing from pics):

http://s930.photobucket.com/user/jimmyt86/media/Football%20Manager/20160330105831_1.jpg.html?filters[user]=107174538&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s930.photobucket.com/user/jimmyt86/media/Football%20Manager/20160330105843_1.jpg.html?filters[user]=107174538&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I'm thinking of selling: Pletikosa, Bunn, Baker, Jones, Hutton, Bennett, Cissoko, Gardner, Cole and Gestede. Tempted by selling Ayew as well as he's very demanding and possibly Lescott as I don't seem myself using him that much.

I want to bring in another GK (thinking Timo Horn as has 6.5m release clause) and maybe a back up GK as think Guzan may get annoyed at me using Horn as number 1, and possibly a DM who can also play DC as a back up. Also want another striker (preferably younger) to give good back up to Austin and Agbonlahor.Want Embolo but at the moment he doesn't want to join so looking for other ideas.

Anyone care to suggest other ideas for building the squad? Spoke to the squad at end of season meeting and said I wanted a top half finish which all but 3 players agreed with.

• 2 months later...

Started a Villa save as I see the whole club needing rebuilding. I plan on getting rid of the whole squad over time and build around Grealish, Amavi, Ayew and the youth. Also like Westwood and Gueye.

So far I have sold Guzan, Richardson and Kozak all for much cheaper than their value just to get rid of them and their wages. No interest in Gabby yet!

I have brought in Kristoffer Olsson and given him the number 10 shirt. He will play behind the main striker as my chief playmaker.

Also brought in Nicolai Larson to replace Guzan. Good handling and stats all round, hoping he will be my number one long term.

Final signing (brought in for £1m initial and the rest over 24 months) is Marcelo Meli. He brings great work rate to my midfield and will drive the team on.

I want a new striker and have targeted Alario and Milik but both have recently move clubs, so no interest in moving yet.

Promoted a few youth players and hope they develop into quality.

Just about to play Man Utd at home in first game of season! UTV!

• 3 weeks later...

2015/2016 - Season 1

| Transfers

• In

nH9y4ia.png

• Out

iVOdku2.png

| Barclays Premier League

mnk5WVM.png

Click in the image to see full table

| Capital One Cup

jRajk2p.png

Always played with subs/reserves, to give them game time.

| FA Cup

UZkqRz4.png

Always played with subs/reserves, to give them game time.

| Player Stats

jXQBkRo.png

| Youth Prospects

Note: All screenshots were taken at the end of the season.

• Borja San Emeterio - My only permanent transfer since I joined the club. Started the season as reserve, but in January was promoted to the first eleven.
    Position - Right Full Back
    Role - Complete Wing Back
    Duty - Attack
  • Easah Suliman - This guy is an autentic beast! Played all the cup games, and played really well. I will promote him to the first team next season, let's see how much he can develop, I wanna make him my central defender in the future.
    Position - Central Defender
    Role - Central Defender
    Duty - Defend
  • Richard Pell- Came through our Youth Intake, and what a player he is. He's only 16 and already has a nice personality. I placed him in the Under 21s squad, so he can train with the first team.
    Position - Attacking Midfielder Centre
    Role - Trequartista
    Duty - Attack
  • Andre Green- Played almost all cup games too, and played very well, considering his age. Placed in the Under 21s, still thinking if gonna promote him to the first team.
    Position - Attacking Midfielder Right
    Role - Winger
    Duty - Support

| Awards

GrI3AnP.png

Unfortunatelly, I was the only one winning something. Ayew was placed in the Team Of The Year and was second in the Barclays Golden Boot award.

Edit:

After the new chairman bought the club, this happened:

jIfgXIQ.png

FFS

To say you were fuming is an understatement then. I like you started a Villa save, finished 6th first season, untouchable job status etc..... two failed takeovers. I ended up quitting the save couldnt get into it or be bothered wasting my time rebuilding the squad for the 2nd season in case this happened. I always start my saves with Sunday league experience so im pretty sure the inevitable would of happened. What was your Manager experience?

• 4 weeks later...

I've enjoyed a first season on my Villa save.

Finished a respectable 10th using a 4-5-1 and battling away for most games sneaking wins and on the receipt of an occasional heavy loss. However, Randy hates the club so much by the end of the season he's sold to a consortium led by none other than Massimo Cellino, and with a bad start in the 2nd season, my days could already be numbered to provide a fuller update.

Wow, sorry lads. Didn't expect to be out for that long. Work, Pre-Med  and kids made this a low priority. My fiance was in the hospital for most of her pregnancy, and we have just had the child 4 days ago. But, I have month off now for paternity leave; so I will finish what I started. I am Utterly embarrassed-- So sorry lads. 

Archived