Ball winning mid in DM position.

A BWM will be closing down everything in sight, that means with a one-two the opposition is right through to your last defensive line. You will need another holding midfielder as DM or CM (a CM (D) DM (D) or a playmaker with a defensive duty) or you will lack defensive stability

I don't know why certain things just isn't working very well, point in case, you can have amazing BWM/D, CM/D and various other defensive focused midfielders, but they just score badly. Not horrible, they just loss a few .1's here and there over the length of a match, never going as low as 6.0, unless they actually are bad.

Seems to be some kind of issue with mistakes and the "job" having no rewards for doing it well.

Unless it's a matter of right mentality and stuff before the role's work.

In my experience you get way better score by making a CM/D a CM/S with hold position and whatever close down CM/D has build in.

Same with BWM/D BWM/S, your better off making it a general role and then setting tackle harder, mark tighter and close down a lot, something like shorter passing for /D. Then even while have taken a CM/S and made it behave like a BWM/S, you suddenly get a player that get good scores and unfortunately the same is true in FM16 for the defensive MC's and some of the DM roles.

I don't know why certain things just isn't working very well, point in case, you can have amazing BWM/D, CM/D and various other defensive focused midfielders, but they just score badly. Not horrible, they just loss a few .1's here and there over the length of a match, never going as low as 6.0, unless they actually are bad.

Seems to be some kind of issue with mistakes and the "job" having no rewards for doing it well.

In my experience you get way better score by making a CM/D a CM/S with hold position and whatever close down CM/D has build in.

Same with BWM/D BWM/S, your better off making it a general role and then setting tackle harder, mark tighter and close down a lot, something like shorter passing for /D. Then even while have taken a CM/S and made it behave like a BWM/S, you suddenly get a player that get good scores and unfortunately the same is true in FM16 for the defensive MC's and some of the DM roles.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Was thinking about starting a thread in the bugs forum, but was unsure if it was just my tactics/players.

depends on other MC roles and attribs your DM player has, if his role is half-back, formation turns into 5-3-2, with role regista/deep-lying playmaker(D) you pull strings from deep, if opposition uses high pressure;

using BWM role with a single DM leaves huge gaps some times

I have 2 players in my squad who's natural position is BWM, when I play them in the defend mode, they struggle to get more than 6.5, put them in support mode and 6.8/6.9 no higher., I'll try setting them as general CM(d) and see how they go.

A BWM will be closing down everything in sight, that means with a one-two the opposition is right through to your last defensive line. You will need another holding midfielder as DM or CM (a CM (D) DM (D) or a playmaker with a defensive duty) or you will lack defensive stability

Good post.

I like a BWM(d), but not in the DM line.

Unless you are particularly dominant, (I mean REALLY dominant), in my experience you also can't get away with a BWM(d) in the MC line unless you also have a player in the DM line who is instructed to hold position.

Just in case it wasn't clear, the defensive roles work they just get that 6.5 score when doing well.

I've lost players that wanted to get there career back on track, due to the 6.5 score and while they where first choice in my team, they got dropped by national team.

Secondly just talking about a role alone is pointless, your team shape and strategy is a major part in how a role works and I didn't mention that when converting the troubled roles, it is in a very fluent system, where the /X part of a role, doesn't rule the player. It's perfectly possible to have a DM/D or CM/D being one of your main goal scoring threats in a very fluent system, so while for me making a CM/D into a CM/S make little difference, it might not work so well if your team need a structured mentality to beat the other team.

Archived