How many of you play the game at work?

How many of you play FM at work?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you play FM at work?

• I do
    • I don't

The reason I want to get the job I'm studying for is so I have my own office in which I can do whatever I want to, pretty much just FM. I guess its sad to get a job for the sake of playing a game, but well, tell that to me when I'm having the time of my life playing FM at 1 in the afternoon knowing that I'm probably being paid as I play!

The reason I want to get the job I'm studying for is so I have my own office in which I can do whatever I want to, pretty much just FM. I guess its sad to get a job for the sake of playing a game, but well, tell that to me when I'm having the time of my life playing FM at 1 in the afternoon knowing that I'm probably being paid as I play!

No its not sad, its brilliant. To maximize your chances of getting an office maybe choose a governmental organization rather than a company. And go for maybe the HR department which should be more calm ;)

Did get to play at work for a few months last year. Worked for Orange and moved to a very quiet store. 1st 2 weeks there was no manager and i was in charge so just sat out the back with my laptop. Next few weeks just brought my lappy on the shop floor and played there. Only had a handful of customers out side the normal lunchtime rush so got plenty of hours in. Then the manager went away for 2 weeks and then a course for 2 weeks so had a decent couple of months of being paid to play FM.

Did get bored after 4-5 hours a day but had internet access so spent a fair few hours on here.

Yep i do, my desk backs onto a wall so no one can walk behind me. I work for a smallish company so our computers are not checked. Only our 'my documents' folder is backed up so i put the SI folder somewhere more discreet on the hard drive

I just minimise the game if i see someone heading my way, always have plenty of warning :-) !!!

I just leave FM running all day, play during lunch plus 5 mins here and there during the day

i work in an offy and its pretty dead a lot of the time. am on good enough terms with my boss to talk my way out of gettin nabbed once i reckon. the only real danger is the area manager turning up but he turned up outa the blue the other week and i said hi to him, walked rd the back and put my lappy in my bag, thinkin i may as well try it even tho its clearly obvious that im doin sumfin i shudnt be then went bk out to let him behind the security screen fully expecting him to ask why i just left him standning there for abt 2mins and/or for him to have seen what i was doin thru the doorway and he didnt say a thing. he didnt even notice! was chuffed:D the *****! :p

i work in an offy and its pretty dead a lot of the time. am on good enough terms with my boss to talk my way out of gettin nabbed once i reckon. the only real danger is the area manager turning up but he turned up outa the blue the other week and i said hi to him, walked rd the back and put my lappy in my bag, thinkin i may as well try it even tho its clearly obvious that im doin sumfin i shudnt be then went bk out to let him behind the security screen fully expecting him to ask why i just left him standning there for abt 2mins and/or for him to have seen what i was doin thru the doorway and he didnt say a thing. he didnt even notice! was chuffed:D the *****! :p

Something tells me your area manager's heart isn't really in it!

I work at customs at the moment after recently being made unemployed. And trust me no man can be expected to watch ALL the bags when they are being scanned. I like nothing more to bring my laptop in and play football manager.

That is truly scary.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would bring this thread back lol! Because i've found the perfect solution while my manager is away and so that when somebody comes in they have no idea i am playing fm so i can't get caught so i can play it all day (when i have nothing important to do) rather then just extending my lunch! :D Happy Days!!!

Archived