Exploit Left/Right Flank

nah in football world it is well known what "exploit left wing" means. really no doubts. problem is when someone who isn't so familiar with football comes across it so in that regard the OP has absolute point.

Now that i am here i have my doubts about "left - right" as well. When you look at the oppositon scouting report, you have this green and red half of the field. upper part (green) is where from they score goals and red (lower ) part is how they conceede. i was always wondering should i look the red part inverted or is it as it is?

But there's a tooltip if you hover on the option which does explain it further. Generally one of the worst things you can do with FM is run with a "standard definition" of a word. The Jumping attribute has been proof of that for many a year.

• 4 weeks later...
I understand what you mean man so many times i've been exploiting 1 flank and all the highlights are me attacking the other one.

THIS! I am confused, not because of what it says, although there could be cause for doubt for some. I am confused because I have McGeady out on the left wing, as Inside Forward - Support. At HT he had a rating of 8.0 scoring one, plus opposition RB was a young kid. I chose 'exploit left flank'. Had loads of highlights, all down the right wing. McGeady didn't touch the ball once...

For me, the option should say... 'exploit opposition RB/LB'. Nice and straight forward.

• 2 years later...

I dont know anymore. I'd assume "Exploit left flank" means attack down ur left flank, but I played against Southampton and Ryan Bertrand (a left back for them) had 16 tackles, by far the most on either team, so I assume we mostly went down our RIGHT flank, even tho I put the instruction "Exploit the left flank"

On 30/01/2015 at 10:34, MBarbaric said:

Now that i am here i have my doubts about "left - right" as well. When you look at the oppositon scouting report, you have this green and red half of the field. upper part (green) is where from they score goals and red (lower ) part is how they conceede. i was always wondering should i look the red part inverted or is it as it is?

This gets me too. To the point I give up trying to use it. 

7 hours ago, KingKO92 said:

I dont know anymore. I'd assume "Exploit left flank" means attack down ur left flank, but I played against Southampton and Ryan Bertrand (a left back for them) had 16 tackles, by far the most on either team, so I assume we mostly went down our RIGHT flank, even tho I put the instruction "Exploit the left flank"

Just because you put exploit left flank doesn't mean the ball will always go there.

If the player on the left isn't available for a pass or the player on the ball doesn't/can't see them then the ball will go elsewhere.  Depending on the rest of your tactical setup & the opposition setup will depend what actually happens.

Archived