FMC15 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Box2Box has ruined FMC for me by raping it, now I believe its easier ;)

Yes well he edits the players attributes.;)

@Box2Box, made me laugh when I saw that comment, especially from a Mod.

Yes well he edits the players attributes.;)

@Box2Box, made me laugh when I saw that comment, especially from a Mod.

I felt a bit insulted, to be honest.

As if that's what I'd pick as my ideal, were I given free reign to pick a fullbacks attributes! :lol:

Nice updates guys.

RT, I see you are worse than me with starting new saves. That is comforting. I think I have finished only 1 season so far in one of my saves. And I have about 20 saves stopped sometime betwen November 2014 and February 2015.

An impressive late run in the league(10w, 2d 1l) left us 5th, just making our goals of reaching the Europa League(I thought 6th was a spot too, but it wasn't...). Knocked out in the CL first knockout round by Man City, who went on to loose in the final to Bayern. We took the TIM Cup, though, so as unlikely as it seemed when I joined in Dec, we have some silverware.

Rulli has been a massive disappointment so far.

Given 25m to spend in the summer, along with 60%(later 75%) of sales.

Loosing Klose to retirement was the main issue, and the lack of a proper right back. Sadly I couldn't find an established striker who was both willing and affordable. I ended up taking a flyer on a prospect from Sevilla called Carlos Fernández, has a ways to go, but could be great. A natural target man, but has a bit of everything about him.

Lucas Moura was transfer listed, and on the cheap from PSG, that should be my right wing set for 5-7 years.

Right back was covered by a transfer listed Iván at Barca, and a potential worldie from Sao Paulo.

One of my starting CB's was on loan, so I scraped together what I could, and somehow landed Phil Jones for 14m.

A transfer listed Kondogbia rounds out my squad.

That was pretty much my summer, and I was happy as the board had reasonable expectations. Then PSG came in for star man, Balde Keita, which left me in the position to get much better. In comes Jorginho for massive money, Cristante cheap, Guido Vadalá for a steal, Youri Tielemans and Ángel Correa on loan, both with buying options(12m and 5.5m, respectively).

On deadline day, in come Hoffenheim with 17.5m for star wingback Faouzi Ghoulam, so I pick up Emerson from Santos, a legit steal.

So the squad is stronger in depth, most positions should be set for years, if Fernández develops, though Tello will need replacing when possible. Should be slow going, though, squad isn't strong enough to challenge the league yet.

Starting 11

Fernández

Tello-----------------------Moura

Jorginho----Vadalá

Krychowiak

Emerson---Giménez---Jones---Iván

Rulli

fca2b4e6e05e87428d1624378d382e19.png

November 2016 and Goodison has been expanded to exactly 50k capacity. We aren't going as well as we were last year though. In 2015/16 we only lost three league games but I've lost two already this season.

Well it is official.....I now hold the new unbeaten record with Napoli with 59 Serie A games unbeaten in a row.

dpalhh.png

Currently still unbeaten in all competitions this season but only in mid October.

2le3scl.png

Finally early runners for top goal scorer and most assists are:

Top goal scorer is Joao Santos with 7 goals in 7 games.

Most assists is that man Jorge Morales again with 6 assists in 7 games. He is currently playing a more 'provider' role this year which is totally fine by me.

Roll on January when I can start offering contracts to some young gems who's contracts are expiring in June. There are some tasty ones this year as last year was a big let down.

BoxToBox that is a lot of changes to your team..hope you dont have too many problems with the team gelling together.

They're doing well, and we're front runners at the top of the league. I don't expect it to last though, with only 6 points separating us and 9th, but a CL slot may just be a reasonable expectation. Picking up too many injuries, though!

Well it is official.....I now hold the new unbeaten record with Napoli with 59 Serie A games unbeaten in a row.

dpalhh.png

Currently still unbeaten in all competitions this season but only in mid October.

2le3scl.png

Finally early runners for top goal scorer and most assists are:

Top goal scorer is Joao Santos with 7 goals in 7 games.

Most assists is that man Jorge Morales again with 6 assists in 7 games. He is currently playing a more 'provider' role this year which is totally fine by me.

Roll on January when I can start offering contracts to some young gems who's contracts are expiring in June. There are some tasty ones this year as last year was a big let down.

Impressive work!

• Administrators

I've done a few seasons since my last update, in the Championship now, straight successive promotions. 4 or 5 players been with me since the beginning and I got promoted off a season with defensive and contain, counter attacking tactics and a lot of good will.

Championship will be tough if not impossible for me to stay up. It's July 1st and I've got to bring in players despite being £1.5 million in the red, so things could get very interesting. Fully expecting relegation for the first time but we could really do with staying up for the money and better attendances Championship football will bring.

I'll post some season reviews when I've got time, perhaps later :)

Have now knocked out Udinese and Fiorentina (both Away) in the Italian Cup :cool:

Netted a cool £371k from the 1st round against Fiorentina, which is very handy cash to have. Torino (Away) next in the Cup. League lead is now 15 after 21 games.

Incredible work.

I really like managing in Italy, barring their annoying transfer rules.

Still clear at the top coming into January, but missing my striker badly. I have 16m to spare after my deadline day business. I'll have to find someone, I'd prefer a loan though, I had this money earmarked for a pair of wonderkids I've been keeping tabs on, just waiting for the price to drop. Ironically, one of them is a striker......

And we won 4-1 at Torino :eek:

Roma next though so the run is over, but it was another useful £371k. 16 points clear in Serie B with 24 played (42 game season). Realised I need to start extending a few contracts as our promotion is already pretty much certain. Serie A will be interesting with a £1.7m balance and a capacity of 4,215 :)

Some great updates, Congrats on the Roma win!

Just got to January after competing in the Club World Championship (completely forgot about the tournament lol).

Won the semi-final 5-0 and then beat River 4-0 in the Final. Was an easy tournament but CWC usually is!

ncjucw.png

258c9r9.png

Now on to the transfer market....

It seems as most of the 'gems' have signed new contracts but there were a couple that were worth going for.

One of the players was a 23 year old Croatian midfielder with some decent stats. Currently on £13k per week with Torino.

2z5n9ja.png

Then it came to offering a contract....and his demands were rediculous...I will let the screen print tell you but needless to say I just walked away!

30vbtbp.png

I don't expect much (if any) change to my team unless I get any bids for my players. Still unbeaten in the Serie A with Inter at home next.

Good player, but those wage demands are mad.

I've had a good January, clubs had eyes on Christian Tello, so I packed him off for 23m, and replaced him with Iker Munain for 6m. Just trying to decide on a 12m deadline day move for Leo Baptastao. Would help immensely short term, but next summer I'd have too many strikers. As it is, I'm still only at the top of the table through the virtue of goal scoring wingers.

Promotion confirmed with 7 games to spare, and the title secured in the next match. Through to the Cup Final (we face Napoli, who beat Juventus) with a narrow 2-1 aggregate win - Roman missed a 93rd minute penalty!

Budget for next season is set at just short of £11m, but I'll just look for Frees and battle like mad to come 17th in Serie A. Having said that, we've beaten the likes of Fiorentina, Udinese and Roma on this Cup run, so I know we can nick a few points from the big sides next season. FWIW, all this has been done with Instant Result, Quick Pick and a 4-3-1-2 I originally used with Arsenal a few weeks ago.

Didn't really expect this, especially with our first choice DC ruled out through injury just before kick off :)

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-13-11-29.png

Recruiting for next season is already tough. Basically anyone with an attribute of 13 for 75% of their Role key attributes is an upgrade on what we have, but they're all on wages 3 or 4 times the rate that we can pay. Frankly, I'm hoping for a job offer from a more established team.

BoxToBox - Good price for Tello and a great replacement.

RT - Congrats on the promotion and your cup run, its amazing. That 11 mil budget is high though for a Serie B team no? You do tend to get some good results with Instant Result..I used to do that for away games but have stopped half way through the previous season.

At the end of the season I might resign and try a div two team in Spain (maybe stay in Italy). Picking a top team kinda takes the fun (and hardship) out of it.

EDIT: Wow what a great run and finish to beat Napoli in the final. Did they go down to 10 men when Mertens got injured?

RT - Congrats on the promotion and your cup run, its amazing. That 11 mil budget is high though for a Serie B team no? You do tend to get some good results with Instant Result..I used to do that for away games but have stopped half way through the previous season.

EDIT: Wow what a great run and finish to beat Napoli in the final. Did they go down to 10 men when Mertens got injured?

£11m is a great deal (and our sponsorships have rocketed from £500k to £5m). However, I'm finding that most of my targets are on £8k-30k per week, and our top earner is on £4.2k. There are some decent frees about who I've battered down from £7k to around £4k. We'll have a better squad for sure next season, but it'll still only be at a decent League One level in England.

Yep, Napoli were down to ten men for a while and we scored 6 minutes after he went off.

Hmmm, Europa Leage football for you too, I'd imagine with that it'd be possible to drum up some nice loans.

I was also offered the Fiorentina job, so I've created a spin-off save with that job, and now reverted back to Pro Vercelli. It needs to be a busy summer because our overall quality is very low.

I was also offered the Fiorentina job, so I've created a spin-off save with that job, and now reverted back to Pro Vercelli. It needs to be a busy summer because our overall quality is very low.

The Pro Vercelli challenge sounds more fun to be honest, how do you plan to approach it? As balanced a squad as possible, or as strong an 11 as possible and let the riff raff fill in if needs must?

The Pro Vercelli challenge sounds more fun to be honest, how do you plan to approach it? As balanced a squad as possible, or as strong an 11 as possible and let the riff raff fill in if needs must?

All depends on how the wages go. Have got a handful of defensive upgrades so far and now need to work on midfield and the forward line. We'll have a mix of Serie A cast offs and veterans, should do OK.

The bulk of our transfer activity is done. A couple of loans from Juventus (Vajebah Sakor is joining too, after a decent loan with us in Serie B), a couple of co-ownership deals completed, a bunch of frees (including Glenn Whelan (!)) and a "real" fee paid for Makienok. Still have £5m to spend (balance is £8.7m) if needed, but we're have reasonable numbers to rotate where required, but the quality is still pretty meagre. Could be a lo-ng season*

*probably not - I'll be Instant Resulting again :)

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-19-17-50.png

Down to earth with a 3-1 defeat to Juve in the Italian Super Cup, but we scored at least! Start to Serie A is OK with Samp and Torino at Home and Verona Away. There are no blocks of consecutive matches where you can't see a point or two.

EDIT - 3rd in the table after 5 games, with a P5 W3 D2 L0 record :cool: We're nicking narrow wins, but actually conceded very late goals in the games we drew too, so we aren't far from a perfect record, which is just ridiculous. Have endured a nasty spell of injuries but won 1-0 at San Siro against Milan with the sort of balance of play that would have a General Discussion poster apoplectic with rage :D Also beat Brugge at our place in the Europa League group; Spurs and Dnipro the other teams.

EDIT2 - Won at Dnipro, lost at Spurs so doing fine in Europe. Serie A after 10 is as below:

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-20-55-20.png

It's just brilliant :) You can see form the table that we're hard to beat but hardly set the world alight up front. So much fun with this save. There's a real difference between our full strength team and one full of squad players. We've only lost three games all season (Super Cup, at Spurs and at Fiorentina) but have back-to-back games against Inter and Juve on the horizon. Board refusing to upgrade facilities and only stadium request is for a new one (rejected). Balance is growing and up to £14m now.

EDIT3 - Have rejected job offers from Newcastle and Leverkusen. I'm definitely sticking with Italy in preparation for FM16.

EDIT4 - Milan rejected too. And now a listed Libor Kozak joins from Villa to join Makienok in a gigantic front pairing.

Well that season was an epic.

Ended up taking the league handily, with 28 wins, Juve just couldn't keep up. No matter who dropped off, someone else just kept scoring. Never seen a squad so determined.

Out of the cup in the quarters, AC Milan dealing with us, and going on to take it.

The Europa was real fun, had a handy time, all the way to the semis, which saw me face off with Spurs. The first leg gave me a tight 1-0 lead to take to England.

The 2nd leg was one of the best matches I've had in FM, for drama. First half Spurs dominated us, but had nothing to show for it, until the 40th minute, when silky team play put the ball on Daniel Sturridge's feet 3 yards out, and they were level on agg. I panicked at this point, and made all my changes at half time, including putting on an *almost* recovered from his broken leg Carlos Fernández. In the 51st minute, the ball is slipped to Fernandez, edge of the box. Keeper rushes him, just as a CB dives in on him from behind, and sends the ball flying past the keeper, for Youri Tielemans(my RW) to latch on and slot into an empty net. 1-2 agg, and the away goal advantage. 59 minutes, and Fernandez is clattered and off injured, so down to 10. Spurs take control. With about 10 minutes to go, we get a set piece which after being defended left Angel Correa on the edge of the box with the ball, top corner, 1-3. In the last minute, Spurs desperate, threw 10 into the box for a set piece, cleared to the halfway line, Correa collects on his own, bursts forward and sends it into the roof of the net 1-4, and Spurs gave up.

EDIT: In the end, Fernandez only had a dead leg.

The final against Atletíco was routine by comparison, a 2-1 win, in which Phil Jones manages to score his first goal for the club.

Early summer now, and the squad doesn't need much work, the only real issue is because of a lack of reasonable options, my starting RB is going to have to be CB Jose Maria Gimenez. My scouts told me Danilo was available for 20-27m, but when I bid(23m), they were looking for 70m, so I scouted him again, scouts say 20-27m. Similar happened with Alex Sandro on the left. Maybe Porto are just asses.

I could get Serge Aurier for 14m. Phil Jones is huffy about game time(despite playing 36 games last season), so could be for the road.

Everton_FC_logo_(2013-14_poll,_logo_B).png

Everton 2016/17 Review

Transfers In

Jan Oblak (£27m, Atletico) - The long term replacement for Tim Howard. Started solidly enough before making several catastrophic mistakes later in the season that would cost us valuable points, his distribution is really poor and puts us under unnecessary pressure at times. Not worth the money paid.

Gerard Deulofeu (£8.5m, Barca) - Barely played for the first half of the season after suffering three successive injuries including a torn hamstring. Made the left wing his own in the final few months, scoring crucial goals in some great performances.

Gabriel Paulista (Loan, Arsenal) - Cover for Stones and Balanta.

Leo Baptistao (Loan, Atletico) - Cover for Lukaku

Transfers Out

Bernard (£47.5m, PSG) - I didn't want him to leave but PSG activated his minimum fee release clause and he left in January. Couldn't sign a suitable replacement at the time unless I paid an extortionate price so we signed Iker Munian on a pre-contract agreement, he joins in June 2017.

Community Shield

We threw away a 3-1 second half lead to draw 3-3 and lose on penalties to Chelsea.

Capital One Cup

A third round exit at home to West Brom saw us fail to make an inroad into this competition for the third year in a row.

FA Cup

We saw off Bolton and Hull in rounds three and four but were then unfortunate to come up against Man Utd at Old Trafford in round 5. Oblak made a stupid mistake to gift them the lead and we ended up going out 2-0.

Champions Cup

We had a lot tougher group this year than last with Juventus, Dortmund and an improving Celtic our foes. We are finding it tough to win on the road in Europe and incredibly we lost all three of our away games in the group but won all three at home and that was enough to earn us second place and a first knock-out round date with Atletico. Last year's run to the final was a great story but there was to be no fairytale this time round, my injury ravaged squad won the first leg 2-0 at Goodison but the away day curse struck again and we crashed out after a dismal 3-0 loss in Madrid.

Premier Division

The season started with the exact same fixture as last year - Cardiff at home, we earned a scrappy 2-1 home win in which we were less than convincing and I knew it was going to be a tougher campaign than last year when we played the Bluebird's rivals Swansea away in week two and lost 1-0. An entertaining game against Man City took place at Goodison in week three in which we eventually came out on top 5-4 in a topsy turvy fixture before the international break. In mid-September we traveled to the Emirates and won 2-0 after a fine performance before we ended the month with a 3-2 win at Stoke and a 4-0 hammering of Sunderland. October began with a 2-0 loss at Chelsea but we seemed to hit some form after that when we thrashed West Brom 6-2, Leicester 5-0 and Southampton 4-0.

We also won all three of our league games in November, firstly we beat West Ham 2-1 in London before back to back home successes over Middlesbrough (3-1) and Spurs (5-0). A third loss of the campaign arrived on December 4th when we went down 1-0 at Man Utd before we dropped points at St James' Park for the second year in a row after a 0-0 draw against Newcastle. On the 17th we won the first Merseyside derby of the year 1-0 thanks to a Balanta goal and we kept on winning over the Xmas period with two 2-0 victories over Burnley and QPR. However, we were poor on New Year's Eve and slipped to a 1-0 loss at Hull. All of a sudden we weren't look as assured in the title race and the teams behind us were just a few points behind.

If our form over the first half of the year had been good then I couldn't have predicted just how poor we would be at times in 2017, the loss of Bernard to PSG certainly didn't help whilst injuries to the likes of James McCarthy who missed large swathes of matches didn't help. On January 2nd we trounced Swansea 4-0 but then came three successive draws against Cardiff and Man City (both 2-2 away) and Arsenal (0-0 at home). All of a sudden we had been caught up by Liverpool and Chelsea and the only thing keeping us at the top of the league was our superior GD. We returned to winning ways with back to back 2-1 victories over Sunderland and Stoke but then came more draws against West Brom and Chelsea.

On February 25th we dismantled Southampton 4-1 at Goodison but then limped to a pathetic 1-1 home draw against a West Ham side that would be relegated at season's end. We then had three successive away games, the first two ended in victory against Leicester (4-1) and Middlesbrough (1-0) but we were then fortunate to take a point off Spurs at White Hart Lane in a game the home side dominated. With six games to go we were three points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea and just 8 clear of sixth place! We put ourselves in a strong position with a 4-0 home win over Newcastle and a 2-0 win over Man Utd which meant the Red Devil's couldn't catch us in the race for the championship. Liverpool had also been slipping up so a title win looked a long shot for them, the problem was Chelsea just kept on winning.

On April 29th we went to Anfield and lost 2-1 after another stupid mistake by Oblak, Chelsea won and we were now level on points with the Londoners with only three games to go. Thankfully we had a far superior GD which was keeping us top of the league, we just couldn't afford any slip ups. On May 7th we took on QPR at Goodison and the players looked nervous. The away side took the lead early on and I was genuinely fearing the worst before Leighton Baines took the game by the scruff of the neck and fired home a freekick. A second half own goal and a rare Gareth Barry strike saw us earn a 3-1 win in a far from perfect performance. Chelsea had also won their game so it was still all to play for. Our final home game of the season was against Hull, once again we showed nerves and once again we were 1-0 down early on after yet another mistake by our goalkeeper. Seamus Coleman cracked in the equalizer just before half time but we spurned chance after chance in the second half, finally with just 14 minutes to go Romelu Lukaku tucked away the winner to send the 50k strong crowd into raptures. On the final day of the season we would travel to relegation threatened Burnley whilst Chelsea would go to QPR, we were still level on points.

The match against Burnley was pure torture. We took the lead early on through Balanta but the hapless Oblak soon handed the Clarets a lifeline and it was 1-1 at the break. Balanta once again put us ahead early in the second half but to the Claret's credit they would not lie down and they struck twice late on to earn a 3-2 win! They had managed five shots all game and found the net with three of them whilst our 27 attempts had yielded only two goals. I was sure that Chelsea would have earned the point they needed at QPR, but incredibly they lost 1-0 and the title was ours on goal difference. :lol: We finished the year with 80 points which is really low for a championship winning side.

dy1x20.jpg

14ad21l.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Lukaku struck 22 times, 20 in the league with six assists.

Player of the Season

Once again Leighton Baines made it into the World Team of the Year and once again he is our player of the year. He wasn't as productive as last season but still managed 7 goals and 13 assists. The sad thing is that at age 32 next season might be his last as a top class player and we will have to replace him soon.

Next Season

With Muniain arriving on a free we are set at the wide positions but we desperately need some cover for Barkley and McCarthy in the centre of the park, I wouldn't mind another goalscorer too as Lukaku is too inconsistent for my liking - if we receive a big offer for him I'll sell.

Noticed that Conte was insecure at Italy, so declared interest, and they instantly chucked him. Ha!

Took the reins, and instantly called new Lazio signing(and new Italian citizen) Ezequiel Munoz into the squad. This is wonderful as the club now has an extra Italian, and Italy were badly in need of fresh blood at CB.

• Administrators

So we're in the Championship, only just managed to muster a squad together of 25 players which is mostly League 1 standard and a couple of Championship buys.

Lost my first 5 of the League season, yet somehow into the Third Round of the League Cup after coming from 2-0 behind to beat Newcastle 3-2.

Saved it for now on the eve of the transfer window, not really sure there is a player I can buy to save my season this time round, with £35k a week on wages we are still losing money, and my highest paid player is on £2.8k a week. Will be interesting to see if the season gets turned around or whether I'm facing my first relegation. :(

A magnificent season in Serie A draws to a close, with a 4th place finish. We were astonishingly consistent and only lost 4 games all season. Hammered by Juve 5-2in the first round of the Italian Cup but made it all the way to the Europa League Quarter Finals where Shakhtar won 4-3 on aggregate.

In spite of these successes, it is tough to see much scope for growth. We have £21.5m in the bank but are still scouring the Free Transfer market for signings. Capacity remains 4,215 and I can't ask for an expansion; a new stadium is the only option - and it gets rejected. Our Facilities are crap and requests to improve those are vetoed too. Selling 187 shirts a month and piddly capacity severely hamstrings you when playing the likes of Roma, Milan, Juve and Inter. I've rejected all manner of clubs and I'm linked with Valencia and Napoli at the moment. Guardiola is under threat at 2nd placed Bayern, Enrique in the same boat in Barcelona.

• Administrators

Halfway through this Championship season, a dreadful start, lost our first seven league games, but won 50% of matches after that. At 23 games we have 24 points (all wins!) and sitting 1 place above the relegation zone. Time to renew contracts with 6 months left, 3 players are fan favourites and I'm considering letting them go. All been with me since the Conference days but their performance is getting a bit hit and miss now. Struggling to make money (losing money hand over fist), so I'm not sure how summer spending might go.

Getting job offers left and right but this is my last job on this save now, unless I am reappointed England manager.

Summer was pretty odd for me(making a profit on a non youth save), in preparation for the CL.

Due to struggles to find a right back, this summer after Iván's broken leg(ended up selling him for a profit), Phil Jones is my starting right back, and Ezequiel Munoz was brought in to fill Jones' CB position.

Sold Murru too, as he wasn't great, and a prime opportunity to replace him came up, 22m for José Gayá is madness.

I extended Youri Tielemans loan, too, they asked for a 130k monthly fee this time, but kindly dropped the buy out clause from 12m to 11m. Why am I loaning him rather than just buying him? He's not showing much signs of development. Fantastic performances, but looks like some bad hidden attribute and he may never peak, sadly. If this was full FM, I'd have had a Resolute Krychowiak tutor him.

After that, a few prospects hovered up, a cheap deal for (a woefully underdeveloped) Lorenzo Crisetig to replace Kondogba leaving in huff(had been crap anyway), and make Ángel Correa's loan permanent.

Then in the last week PSG came in with an enquiry for Moura. As we still had a large debt, I decided to negotiate with them, and a single payment of 67m was too much to say no to. In came Gerard Deulofeu on loan. I was hoping to make that permanent as he was in his last year of contract at Barca, but in his first weeks he lit up Italy and they quickly put an extra 3 years on him. Still I might ask what kind of fee they'd require. I have a budget of 90m, and 500kpw, but I would like to be frugal until the finances are much stronger.

28156dc12e43f97c04be0f27342f45e8.png

Of course, we landed PSG in our CL group! Weirdly they're playing a flat 4-5-1 that Moura doesn't fit.

Took over Derby in October. They're 19th place after 17 games. I'm expected to reach play-offs. Can anyone recommend any bargains or good loans to help me on my way? I'm used to managing Arsenal.

Try for James Wilson at Man Utd, they often let him out to Championship clubs, and he'll tear defences apart with startling ease.

I could get Serge Aurier for 14m. Phil Jones is huffy about game time(despite playing 36 games last season), so could be for the road.

Mid season, and in wades Jones with a transfer request. Some vice captain, bah.

Not sure what to do now....

Archived