FMC15 Save Updates Thread

Have switched tactics so often on this save. Was fairly set with a 4-2-3-1 Wide, and occasionally lobbed a 4-1-2-3 DM into the mix against better sides using an AM. I then tried a 4-4-2 with AML/R for a spell, and have now settled (for the moment :brock: ) on a 4-3-1-2 which is far more aggressive offensively than I tend to go.

The four matches against Pachuca are done, yielding four wins, a first ever NACL title for the club and a place in the closing stage SF against Chivas, who we sneaked a 4-3 home win against in the group stage.

EDIT - Chivas narrowly defeated; 0-0 away then 1-0 at home (where, to be fair, we dominated). Final of the closing stage is over two legs against Tigres, who we drew 1-1 at in the closing stage and beat 3-1 at home in the opening.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1 at Tigres, then a 4-0 in front of a maximum 105,064 at Azteca secures the Closing Stage title!

Bank balance is just shy of £13m and the budget is a shade over £9m, and we're £50k p/w under the £250k Wage Budget. I've signed a new three year deal, so let's see where we get with the Libertadores. We are clearly weaker than a strong Argentine or Brazilian side, so it could be humbling. Star Man remained shorty Quintero, with 33 goals, 16 assists and 14 PoM awards in 42 games; average rating of 7.77.

Good news! The board is upgrading youth and general training facilities, costing £4.5m yet without any external funding. I went straight to the financials to see what impact this had, and we have seen the impact of our £24m sponsorship deals boost our transfer budget to £23.71m :eek:

Time to start scouting for the best young Mexican players I can find. Behind the scenes, an overhaul of Staff has seen the all Mexican supporting cast improved, with a new Head Physio, AssMan and HoYD.

Wow, good update there RTH!

How do I add more leagues on FMC? or I can't?

The FM dropdown menu, about half way down you should see "Add/Remove Leagues", though I'm not sure if it's possible if you've the FMC limit active.

The FM dropdown menu, about half way down you should see "Add/Remove Leagues", though I'm not sure if it's possible if you've the FMC limit active.

Just looked and it doesn't appear /o\ Might have forgot to untick that where it would let me when I first created the save?

Finished 3rd, and lost the play-off final in extra time. Gutted, but are having high hopes for the coming season.

And champions we were!

We're doing well in the SL1 too, actually we were 1st for some time until now (January). Suddenly my boys are shooting wide or hitting the posts instead of on target, and we are conceding a lot of goals from right, left and centre. We have lost three in a row now, don't really know how to solve this. I had similar problems for the first few games and tweaked my tactic somewhat. I might have to tweak some more, but I can't change the tactic completely without rebuilding the squad, which I can't afford..

Quite keen to get out of work and back on with this save tonight!

One of my first decisions last night was a brave / stupid one. I elected to sell the 27 year old pocket rocket Quintero, whose performances, goals and assists were the single biggest contributor to our success in season one. I decided to do it because I want an entirely Mexican team. Quintero is Colombian and I figured that his value would never be higher than after a 30+ goal season which brought silverware, and his age puts him at his peak.

Sale values so far are lower than expected for me, with a £4-6m fee seeming to be a decent return for the players offloaded so far. As such, the near £12m fee for Quintero is an achievement. The downside is that he returns to former club Santos Laguna, so reinforces a rival. The upside is that it enabled us to secure Erick Torres from Houston Dynamo for around £4.5m, which is a great deal for us. I'm desperately trying to prise Carlos Fierro from Chivas, which would form a fantastic Mexican front two alongside Torres, but the price is just going up and up. We were still having £8.5m bids rebuffed last night. I'm prepared to reinvest every penny of Quintero's fee in Fierro, but I don't want to go over that if possible.

In other areas, I'm finding that a good source of talent is by picking up Mexican players based in Europe who aren't making the grade at their clubs. Diego Reyes joins from Porto for a shade over £1m and is an immediate first teamer at DC. Ulises Dávila joins from Chelsea and will add quality to our midfield ranks for a knock down fee.

An aim for the early weeks of season two is to settle on a formation. The 4-3-1-2 is working quite well and seems to fit into the tactical landscape in Mexico where a lot of 4-4-2 variants seem to be used. By having a 4-3-1-2, I can outnumber teams in the middle, I can have a MC dropping deep to form a narrow diamond, and I can have a mobile AMC who is often operating in space between the lines. Losing Quintero loses a good wide player (he could play up front and at MR / AMR), so I am restricting my options a little with the squad revamp.

I've heard of people being able to pinch that Mexican DM at Barca back to Mexico, though he'd probably want huge wages. Would be a coup to get Fierro.

Might be worth keeping Chicharito on your shortlist too, he's brilliant, and usually transfer listed at some point.

Might be worth keeping Chicharito on your shortlist too, he's brilliant, and usually transfer listed at some point.

He's one I have an eye on, as he had hardly any game time at Madrid, but his wages would probably be off the scale. We have a load of headroom in our wage budget now, which increased to ~£450k p/w and we're still on around £250k, so you never know. Fierro is #1 target, but it is rightly very hard to lure him away.

On the whole, I'm finding the Mexican market to be OK. I tend to focus on attributes for Roles, and on the whole I'm able to find players with attributes of 12/13 for all or near-as-damnit all of the highlighted key attributes. There are a lot of well rounded players and possibly fewer players with exceptional stats, but hopefully our improved training facilities can eke out a bit of extra development, and the improvements to youth facilities can shape future intakes.

I have decided to put my Dortmund save on hold for a while and take on the challenge of managing in the Scottish League One. Whilst trying to settle on a team to manage I decided to take control of Peterhead, for no other reason than I thought their kits were quite smart. :o

Assessing the playing squad there is a distinct lack of quality which I suppose I was expecting, however the board's minimum expectation was a top half finish, something I was quite shocked at, especially as Peterhead are a newly promoted team. Mark Millar is the stand out player and comfortably the best one I have. The central defence is a cause for concern, as are the wings. I was perhaps a little over cautious at first and settled on a defensive tactic, however some uninspiring results and a poor start to the season led to me to just say "eff this" and I decided to implement an attacking, passing game just for the hell of it and under the impression that things couldn't get much worse.

The result was an amazing turnaround, we are now third after 15 games and although there is little chance we will be promoted, I reckon a top half finish is certainly achievable and hopefully in the Summer I can get in some decent defenders and some better wide men although I fear we will lose Mark Millar, he doesn't want to stay at the club beyond his current deal as we "cannot match his ambitions" apparently. :rolleyes:

Not your finest hour, RTH selling your player to your rival :D

I'm tempted to start the challenge again but manage in Turkey? Any advice or stick with my current save?

It was semi-planned, but I'll find out in a few hours if it was a wise move :o I was quite surprised he stayed in Mexico as Marseille were interested, but Santos Laguna came in for him - it's quite promising for me actually if this sort of money is in the league because it should keep it competitive.

I'd start a new save if I were you, before you get too involved with it - just make sure you tick / untick the relevant box when setting up the new save :brock:

Why Turkey? Just somewhere new?

It was semi-planned, but I'll find out in a few hours if it was a wise move :o I was quite surprised he stayed in Mexico as Marseille were interested, but Santos Laguna came in for him - it's quite promising for me actually if this sort of money is in the league because it should keep it competitive.

I'd start a new save if I were you, before you get too involved with it - just make sure you tick / untick the relevant box when setting up the new save :brock:

Why Turkey? Just somewhere new?

I dunno, I would like to start at bottom of pyramid in whatever country :D Or any advice you can offer RTH? :D

I dunno, I would like to start at bottom of pyramid in whatever country :D Or any advice you can offer RTH? :D

Depends what the aim is really. Are you wanting to take a team from the bottom of the pyramid to the top, and see how far you can take them? If so, I'd go for any nation where they have at least 3/4 levels to their league structure.

As long as you have the game set up to add / remove leagues, you could start off on that basis and then just jump ship and do what you like.

Depends what the aim is really. Are you wanting to take a team from the bottom of the pyramid to the top, and see how far you can take them? If so, I'd go for any nation where they have at least 3/4 levels to their league structure.

As long as you have the game set up to add / remove leagues, you could start off on that basis and then just jump ship and do what you like.

Aim is climb up the ladder and build decent team and win major trophies with them (like Big Euro Challenge), will take a look at leagues structure on FM and go from there.

This years is the first where I've swapped running a Brazil league for a Norwegian one, not really bought many South Americans at all on any save which was always a big part of FM for me.

My seasons been tough, just coming to the end of February with Crystal Palace. I've had 17 games since January 1st and my squad is knackered. Quite a few injury problems too so had to play the same players a lot, good job I'm not in Europe!

Most disappointing injury has to be between Bolasie - amazing last season, was out until January this season and even though I've got him match fit he's failed to get higher than a 6.5 since coming back despite having a lot of game time - and Jason Puncheon - played nearly every game due to my Attacking Midfield injury crisis with an average rating of 7.45, but got injured in January and is out for 5 months. Think he'll suffer the same as Bolasie when he comes back and that's probably it for him(Puncheon will be 30 by the time he's available for a competitive game).

Still 9th in the League, and reached the Semi-Final of the Capital One Cup means on paper the seasons going well! Plus once my next game is out of the way I have at least a week in between every fixture so I'll be able to rest players and hopefully finish strongly. Only 4 points off Europa League but I wouldn't thank you for those fixtures now so a bit torn on what I want to aim for.

Are you still updating your thread RTH?

No, this spell in Mexico was another start so can't really qualify as a career, and with me being me, I'm sure I'll go back to Saints or start anew again in a few seasons. A few random sentences from me with the odd image in here feels like a better fit; my stuff looks crap in the company of some of the excellent stuff we have in that Careers section :D

I'm happy just bumbling along, trying to learn new things about league I haven't played in before. Good luck in Brazil, any idea ho you'll be? I was Aguia de Maraba for a spell in Serie C (I think) on FM15, and another lower league club on FM14 whose name I forget, but who attracted 30,000 crowds even in a lowish league in Brazil.

Just went for Fortzleza :thup: And 56,000 stadium :eek: Picked them cos I like their kit colours :D Already made few signings and out going.

Just beaten Atlético Paranaense 3-2 at home :cool:

Have gone for 5-3-2 with wing backs.

Good stuff. Squad management is key in Brazil. Blood youngsters in the States to get them developing nicely, and you can mess about tactically at that level, and with the joys of no tactical familiarity in FMC. Brazil also has the luxury of Individual TV deals, and in the longer term, they can turn into a very good income stream after prolonged spells of success. I was Atlético Paranaense on FM14 :cool:

Good stuff. Squad management is key in Brazil. Blood youngsters in the States to get them developing nicely, and you can mess about tactically at that level, and with the joys of no tactical familiarity in FMC. Brazil also has the luxury of Individual TV deals, and in the longer term, they can turn into a very good income stream after prolonged spells of success. I was Atlético Paranaense on FM14 :cool:

We don't have any good young players in the reserves at the moment, so I have brought in around 5 players on free and signed Ricardo Sabia from Gremio.

Will post transfers shortly.

I'll add a splash of colour from this Club America save. Brace yourself for oversized images :o

Loads of infrastructure upgrades in progress:

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-28-06.png

Finances looking OK (until I cane through the budget signing people :) )

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-28-18.png

Season one transfers helped to push that bank balance up.

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-28-38.png

And here is the evidence of the Quintero deal, which will be reinvested

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-29-07.png

The current 4-3-1-2 looks like this:

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-29-36.png

And the competitions won so far fit nicely on this page:

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-19-30-55.png

I'll dig out some images of signings as and when they are finalised.....

Just finished my second season, after being on the fence re: Europe being a hindrance or not I think I probably finished in the best possible place.

Palace_Season2_Table.jpg

Transfer wise Elyounoussi(£1.9m) was probably my best signing. Missed 2 months just before Christmas but came back and managed 28 appearances. Only 21year old too, so although he didn't set the world alight (3 goals, 6 assists & 7.03avg) I'm expecting him to grow and he's easily established as my LM/AML already.

Worst signing - pains me to say this - Charlie Austin(£3m). One of my favourite strikers on the game usually, much like Dwight Gayle he's always been hard working and decent in front of goal whenever I've had him on other saves... this time though he just hasn't delivered. 4 goals in 14 appearances, and pretty invisible in most of those. Had to bring Danny Ings on loan from Liverpool to give Gayle competition, although he only managed 3 goals in 10 appearances he still gave a lot more to the team than Austin.

Special shout to Patrick Roberts - 25 apps. 6 goals. 10 assists. 7.35avg. Played LM/LW, RM/RW, MC/AMC, STR... barely put in a bad performance where ever I shot him. Well worth the £10.25m!

Palace_Season2_Board.jpg

Something that is weird is Adlene Guedioura is selling loads of shirts. Only managed 20 appearances over 2 seasons and although he's played decent most of those have been as sub. His contract is up and he's not keen on staying but I don't get why he's selling so well? He's 30, on 41kp/w and Algerian. Nothing really jumps out as special about him. Jonny Williams sold the most shirts & won player of the year by quite a way, love that guy.

Made a profit of almost £6m this season, considering I used my whole transfer & wage budget I'm happy with that. Hoping to not spend a lot this window but need a GK, a STR and a winger or two. Looking at Joel Campbell, Thomas Ince & James Tomkins who're all available on a free. Hoping GK's & STR's become available on transfer list in July.

Anyway, time to kick on with season 3! The board want a mid-table finish but I'll be disappointed if I don't make Europe.

I need to change my approach, as Mexico is boring me already :rolleyes:

My problems are of my own making:

1. Tactical tweaks are meaning that my transfer strategy is a bit of a mess. Do I need an AML/R or not? Is my AMC going to play well out on the flank? It's all a bit random of me!

2. Not "knowing" my players makes me revert to "Quick Pick", which leads to squad rotation which isn't optimal and makes me "know" the players even less

3. Relating to the above, my voluntary lack of control of squad rotation is giving me some unhappiness issues in the squad, and isn't making the most of the potential of some of the younger signings

4. I am struggling with squad management a bit. There's an affiliate system in Mexico so it isn't as easy to see your players as in league where there are "Reserves". I'm moving loads of players to Club América Coapa but making a bit of a **** up of things

The solution is to stop being so lazy and actually start doing things myself! I just don't know if I can be arsed :( A factor is that I don't feel at all attached to this save as a result of some of the above. We're still successful and top the opening stage in season two, along with the NACL group, but it just feels a bit easy and hollow, so I'm Instant Resulting just to progress at speed. Not watching matches makes me not particularly bothered about individual players, so it's a vicious circle, especially as I'm not sure I want to continue with it. I think I'll chalk this one down to experience of a new league, and no more.

And that's why I don't update career threads :D

2. Not "knowing" my players makes me revert to "Quick Pick", which leads to squad rotation which isn't optimal and makes me "know" the players even less

This is kind of my problem when I tried a Hartlepool save, the only players I knew were ex-Middlesbrough players and I thought that would get me through. But it being such a tough save anyway(they really are hopeless in real life) I found it hard to connect with any of my players. Really felt like I was just continuing every day and feeling nothing when players got injured. Probably would have improved if I stuck with it but I soon got bored.

Had some interesting transfers, most of my team only had 12 months left at the start of the season and the majority of players were happy to negotiate nicely... except Scott Dann and Martin Kelly. Scott Dann wanted his wages trippling and wouldn't budge, Martin Kelly wanted more than double and all he ever contributed was collecting yellow cards and giving away penalties. Would have kept Kelly as back up and Dann rotating with a young CB but once they pushed their luck I was more than happy to see them go.

Palace_Season3_Transfers.jpg

Probably could have got more than 6.9m for them both, but managed to replace them like for like for 7.4m on less wages with Steve Cook & Juan Carlos Paredes which my scout loved. Tomkins looks very solid in preseason(although it doesn't mean much) and my scout classed him as my best CB. Lopez is purely cover as is Wickham, although I can sign Wickham for 5m if he impresses. Rossbach looks a great prospect and good enough to push Hennessey.

Still making a profit every month, got £18.9m balance after transfers with £4.19m left in the transfer budget and 53kp/w left on the wages. So looking very healthy this season! Got my squad down from 31(at the start of last season) to 24 plus a couple of decent youth prospects too, so should be more manageable but there's still a few squad members I could happily let go(Mariappa for) and a couple I'm holding onto hoping they improve again(my beloved and previously long term injured Jason Puncheon & Yannick Bolasie).

[FMC 14 – Kvik Halden: Update 2, 2nd Saison]

6xa6bQP.png

On we go with the next update. I switched to Instant Results using three basic match plans I created at the start of the season. The main thing I miss in this function is the fact that I can’t have any influence on how the substitutions are made. For example I would like to give some youngsters more game time by bringing them in for the last 20-30 minutes. But my AssMan doesn’t see the point in this…

But you want facts:

We’re still in the Norwegian Second Division, Group 1 – 3rd tier

Media expectation – 3rd

Board expectation – Top half finish

My expectation – Challenge for the title (as we had all the Stromsborg money to improve staff and facility)

Transfers during the year:

W2JeNB3.jpg

w75xJaS.jpg

Strom-Pedersen (DC): to strengthen the weak DC (my 2013 captain and DC Shabani played really bad last year so I took his captains’s duty from him – made him very unlucky and I am glad he is out of contract at the end of 14; couldn’t sell him though)

Trulsen (ST) – scored 3x against me last season; had to get him 

Aasbo – young GK to challenge and later replace Heier

Elvenes/ Bergersen (AMR/ AML) – highly talented wingers to give more options on the attacking wing (especially as Andersen rose slight concerns throughout the season wanting to go to a bigger club)

Brevig (DR) – after half the season both my DR were snatched from me; Aziz fortunately stayed until the end of the season; Heli-Hansen left immediately; Brevig is young and talented and should be able to replace them. I need another backup though.

One English word I learned in this forum is “gutted” which pretty well describes how I felt at the end of our season:

YV1RvEb.jpg

Results started pretty well and during the season I was “untouchable” at the club.

g0ruRIK.jpg?1

But not winning any of the last 6 matches – losing 4 of them – now leaves me with a rather disappointing season and a “stable” job status.

T4vqAHO.jpg

Birkebeineren did it and will be promoted. We are 4 points short of last seasons’ result. Not good.

vv84dBr.jpg

Thoughts on specific players:

Trulsen (ST) – My player of the year. Scored 11x in 18 appearances. He was injured in the last 6 matches… well, there MIGHT be a direct correlation to our results.

Aasbo (GK) – Played quite decently in the Reserves and Cup matches. Still needs some time to develop. As Heier wants to move to a bigger club he might have the chance rather soon.

Elvenes (AMR/ AML) – As a 4* winger I expected much more of him. He didn’t challenge Andersen and was replaced by Mulac pretty often. Needs big improvement next year.

Bergersen/ Brevig – Came during the season and look promising. Couldn’t convince in 2014 yet though.

Ahmadi (ST) – He suffered under the very strong Trulsen and didn’t take his chances when he was on the pitch.

Details (green highlighting: good boy/ red highlighting: bad boy)

nsjG21R.jpg

ifPmns8.jpg

For next season we need to get rid of some Players as there is no more monthly cash from Verona from the Stromsborg deal. Many contracts come to a regular end and I prolonged only those of my core team. The rest needs replacement.

That were my thoughts. Now THIS happened:

eaxGGVw.jpg

“Transfer embargo” does not sound like a good idea when doing a squad renovation. :confused: Let’s see how long this takes.

And what happened to good old Ole Stromsborg? Remember, I sold him to Verona for 1.1m and 25% (or 20%? Don’t remember… details… I am an FMC manager and don’t care for tiny details…) of his next sale are ours.

Verona sent him on loan to a Serie B club (which one? Come on --- DETAILS!). :rolleyes:

I now have two questions to the dear community. I guess they are discussed in all detail somewhere in this forum but here I am quite thankful for a clear YES or NO (or a link to the part of the forum that holds this discussion)… THANKS!

1. Do I need to activate Serie B to have Stromsborg develop well?

2. I know that in FMC I do not need to bother with tactics familiarity. But does it help to change tactics every now and then to prevent the other clubs knowing what to expect from us? I do change things like “Counter” or “Control” but stayed with my 4-3-2-1 for every match. Could this be part of my problem at the end of the season?

Next year: Partly renewed squad and again I want to challenge the title. I need to start at some point when I want to conquer Scandinavia. If I do not see at least a clear improvement in 2015, I should look for a new club.

I need to change my approach, as Mexico is boring me already :rolleyes:

My problems are of my own making:

1. Tactical tweaks are meaning that my transfer strategy is a bit of a mess. Do I need an AML/R or not? Is my AMC going to play well out on the flank? It's all a bit random of me!

3. Relating to the above, my voluntary lack of control of squad rotation is giving me some unhappiness issues in the squad, and isn't making the most of the potential of some of the younger signings

4. I am struggling with squad management a bit. There's an affiliate system in Mexico so it isn't as easy to see your players as in league where there are "Reserves". I'm moving loads of players to Club América Coapa but making a bit of a **** up of things

The solution is to stop being so lazy and actually start doing things myself! I just don't know if I can be arsed :( A factor is that I don't feel at all attached to this save as a result of some of the above. We're still successful and top the opening stage in season two, along with the NACL group, but it just feels a bit easy and hollow, so I'm Instant Resulting just to progress at speed. Not watching matches makes me not particularly bothered about individual players, so it's a vicious circle, especially as I'm not sure I want to continue with it. I think I'll chalk this one down to experience of a new league, and no more.

And that's why I don't update career threads :D

Oh dear RTH :D Maybe go back to Southampton ;)

Tomkins looks very solid in preseason(although it doesn't mean much) and my scout classed him as my best CB.

Solid. So Solid he lasted 4 minutes into his competitive debut before getting a straight red and giving away a penalty. Dropped my AMC for Kyle Bartley to restore my back 4 and got back to 1-1. Bartley gets a second yellow in the second half, hold on til the 88th minute before conceding and lose 2-1. Ruddy bloody central defenders eh. I preferred it when Martin Kelly kept all the cards for himself.

@safcrhys, we threw it away during the last 6 games where we completely went out of form. And as only the top spot is of any relevance in this league (no Playoffs; just Nr 1 is promoted) the last match wasn't that much of a blow. Still the board would have evaluated a 2nd place (better than media prediction 3rd) differently I guess...

Peterheadbadge.png

Peterhead FC 2014/15 Review

Taking control of a small Scottish club and trying to take them all the way to the top flight title has often been an ambition of mine in Football Manager and I have finally decided to give it a go. As mentioned in a previous post I went with Peterhead for the soul reason that I thought their kits were quite smart and I love the colour royal blue. The club had just been promoted in 2013/14 and were predicted to finish in 8th place by the media although the board thought that a top half finish was achievable. In the end, I would finish in between the two, coming in sixth, which to be honest I am more than happy with. We don't have the best of squads and to be honest I ended up settling on a system that we simply do not have the quality of player available to use, nevertheless the squad overachieved (in my view!) and we have had a very enjoyable season.

I had initially intended to use a defensive approach but some pathetic early cup exits before the season had begun started to change my mind. We exited the Challenge Cup at lowly Brora in the 1st round, losing 4-2 before Dunfermline dumped us out of of the League Cup at Balmoor (our ground) winning 3-1. On the opening day of the league season I decided to go with a counter-attacking approach against Stirling and the result was a handsome 4-1 win, which to be fair flattered us. We then drew 1-1 with Airdrie away and I was thinking that I may be on to something here but those thoughts were swept away along with my team as Morton came to Balmoor and stuffed us 3-0. Morton were comfortably the best team in the league and would end the year as champions.

We responded to the loss against Morton with a 2-1 away win at Brechin but we then went 3 games without a win and I decided at this point to just play a possession based game with a focus on getting at the opposition and taking the game to them. The upsurge in our fortunes was instant and we won four of the next five. Ayr were beaten 4-1 at home whilst we then went to Stranraer and ran out comfortable 3-1 winners. The blip was a 6-2 home defeat against Airdrie (which was harsh) but the players responded well with a 3-0 away win over Stenhousemuir, a 3-2 Scottish Cup 3rd round win over Raith (who would finish 4th in the Championship) and a 5-2 home win over Dunfermline. Ayr beat us 4-2 on November 15th but again we went straight back to winning ways, overcoming Brechin 4-3 after being 3-0 down.

Premier League Motherwell dumped us out of the Scottish Cup with a 4-0 win before a 3-3 draw against Stirling. We beat Stranraer 3-2 at home before a 4-3 loss to league leaders Morton 5 days before Xmas. We were hovering around third place at the time but that was about to change as our best player Mark Millar's contract expired just before the New Year and he decided to leave the club, for the fun of it I tried to offer him a contract after he had left the club but he wouldn't even discuss the deal because of his "dislike of the club". :confused: What an absolute pr*ck I thought.

To replace him I signed a 16 year old central midfielder called Morgan Reid who has decent potential but a low CA, meaning we had been substantially weakened by Millar's departure. Still, we won our first game without him 3-0 against Forfar but then suffered back to back away defeats against Dunfermline and Airdrie. On January 17th we beat Stirling 1-0 before a 3-2 loss at Brechin and we were down to mid-table now where we would spend the rest of the season. A pattern started to emerge where we would generally win our home games but fail to perform away from home.

We beat Stenhousemuir 2-1 and then Forfar 2-0 before embarking on a poor run which saw us win just one of the next five. On 21st March we played Stirling away from home, they were our main rivals in trying to finish in the top half of the table so a win was a must really, we were 3-0 up and cruising with 25 minutes to play but a spectacular collapse saw us lose 4-3. I was pretty furious afterwards to be honest and ended up fining a couple of players for their poor performances. :hammer:

That game seemed to be a springboard for a decent end to the season though and we lost only one of the last six. With three games to go we were level on points with Stirling and both vying for fifth place, we won back to back home games over Forfar and Airdrie 4-1 but annoyingly Stirling won both their games aswell and given that we had to play Morton away on the final day I feared that our chances of a top half finish were pretty slim. That proved to be the case with us drawing 0-0 away at the champions in a very good performance (we just couldn't score) but Stirling won their game and finished 2 points ahead of us in fifth.

2py6l9z.jpg

4kxzzp.jpg

We were the joint second highest scorers in the division but let far too many in at the other end. Hopefully I can get some decent center-backs in during the Summer and a couple of wingers aswell and I reckon we can really push on and hopefully finish in a play off spot if that happens. The finances aren't great though so I won't be outlaying anything on transfer fees unless it is absolutely necessary.

Vossmaj, 2nd to 5th go into play offs with the team that finished 2nd bottom of the division above. Only some of the play off matches had been played when I took this screenshot. Dunfermline have been knocked out already whilst Brechin are in the play off final against the team from the division above.

PKWLFz.jpg

Season 1 - 2015/2016

VANARAMA CONFERENCE SOUTH PLAY-OFFS

It has already been a great season with us finishing 3rd after having a prediction of 21st.

We were on the fringe of the play-offs for most of the season and at the start of the year

we looked to be slipping away but we managed to finally break in to the play-off spots

and then secured a place with an emphatic display in our final league game.

7q4fZk.jpg

A terrible ending to the game, 1-1 would have been good or even 1-2 would have been ok.

Conceding the 3rd in injury time gave us a tough task in the 2nd leg, we beat them 2-0

at home in the league fixture, we now need to repeat that to make the final.

z7uwHN.jpg

Well it didn't take us long to level the scores, a great first half display and we should have

added more in the second half, a 4-3 aggregate win sets up a final against Boreham Wood.

ytouxP.jpg

nBRU6l.jpg

The league games between us and Boreham Wood both ended 2-2 but unfortunately we never got going in this game.

We found ourselves behind early in the second half and then we conceded a 2nd goal when our keeper decided

to go awol and the 3rd came from a poor back pass from one of our defenders, so it wasn't to be and in hindsight

I think it would have been too soon for a step up anyway, we need to build and will try again next season.

Unlucky there Maw.

I have managed to bring in some decent players during the Summer for Peterhead without spending any money on transfer fees. The finances are poor but we are currently going through the process of a board takeover which is exciting. Hopefully they inject some money into the club, I won't even care if they don't give me a transfer budget so long as we get out of debt.

Just beat Hibernian 3-0 away from home in the Challenge Cup. :D Getting excited for the new season now.

A quick update on my save,

200px-Escudonovofortaleza.png

eUErvag.png

Managed to overturn first leg defeat to win Ceara State :cool: Went for 4-5-1 in second leg, and has to play a right back as winger and he bagged two goals \o/ We also has to play with 10 man on 23rd minutes. Thankfully we won a penalty with few minutes to go which was converted to see us win the state.

Archived