FMC15 Save Updates Thread

PKWLFz.jpg

Season 4 - 2018/2019

VANARAMA CONFERENCE SOUTH PLAY-OFFS

We make the play-offs again after a 4th place finish.

o8l12v.jpg

NmJNP9.jpg

All square going into the 2nd leg and no away goal conceded.

pIRUnZ.jpg

More misery as we are well beaten. :(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, supercup against Bayern there were times where I had only 25% of the ball. I've started to invite and soak way too much pressure in games again.

I love this tactic when it works, *when* being the operative word. Eventually it'll cost me, almost cost me the title last season. Of course it could partially be the massive overhaul of players too. Afraid to shake things up, but also afraid not to!

Dang, just saw your update, horrible luck again Maw! :(

Oh well we can't all be great like you and RT.:)

Though saying that, we are doing well as we keep finishing well above the media prediction. If someone told me I'd be in the lowest division for 4 or more season's then my thoughts would be that isn't a game I would enjoy but despite the play-off agony I really am enjoying this game.

Though if you had an audio recording you would need a swear filter, anyway that's just normal reaction to a number of things, bad pass, terrible result etc, all just normal if I didn't care then I wouldn't be playing.

One good thing about not flying up the leagues is my players are having a good length of time at the club.

On the money side after I injected the £3m our finances are very good though we are losing money each season, the strange thing is at the start of season 5 my transfer budget as gone up to £7m, I have only used a very small amount on transfers as that isn't the reason for the cash injection, just don't really know where the extra £4m has come from.

Nice update Maw. It is probably better to keep it interesting and fight than to get promoted too quickly and lose interest.

It's always nice to shake things up BoxToBox :)

Good luck again with Fiorentina. My bogey team so far in this current save.

Hmm, supercup against Bayern there were times where I had only 25% of the ball. I've started to invite and soak way too much pressure in games again.

I love this tactic when it works, *when* being the operative word. Eventually it'll cost me, almost cost me the title last season. Of course it could partially be the massive overhaul of players too. Afraid to shake things up, but also afraid not to!

Did you win? :D

PKWLFz.jpg

Season 4 - 2018/2019

VANARAMA CONFERENCE SOUTH PLAY-OFFS

We make the play-offs again after a 4th place finish.

o8l12v.jpg

NmJNP9.jpg

All square going into the 2nd leg and no away goal conceded.

pIRUnZ.jpg

More misery as we are well beaten. :(

Gutted :( Hope you can do it next season.

Did you win? :D

With penos after a 0-0 draw.

I dunno though, I'm back to being unable to get them to play football that I'm happy with, still getting wins, even if most of them are scrappy.

Might put it on the back burner and hop down to the lower leagues for a save, or do something youth focused. Even considering the dreaded full fat...

Hmm, supercup against Bayern there were times where I had only 25% of the ball.

This made me laugh.

Gutted :( Hope you can do it next season.

I am behind in my updating, I need to get a full update done for season 4 and then season 5 as I have already played it and have started season 6 lol, can really crack on at a pace on FMC, It also helps that I get to play at work during my nightshifts.

Even considering the dreaded full fat...

Really? boo.;)

So then, back to Florence.

How do you like our new Red and White striped kit?

screen-shot-2015-03-05-at-19-40-58.png

Giving a new system a go, having been vaguely inspired by Cleon's Defensive Football thread. This is obviously nothing like it, but is built around the idea of having a system where the defensive positioning is deep and defensive, but thereafter it's a mobile system where the central midfielders keep things ticking over which the WBL/R and forwards go nuts.

screen-shot-2015-03-05-at-19-40-42.png

It's strange to see Fiorentina competing in the Premier League with this kit on, but things are going well for La Viola.

You should be ashamed!

Would be interesting to hear if you do go back, how you get along.

Yeah, if he does then ban him.;)

or how long before the error sinks in.

I don't really know how to fix it either. My squad isn't that big, so whenever someone is back in training I have to play them because the guy who was filling in for them has been injured instead. And then they pick up knocks almost instantly, and off they go again...

You should be ashamed!

Would be interesting to hear if you do go back, how you get along.

Not that interesting in the end, downloaded a bunch of custom databases, some skins, loaded up, picked a team, looked through the squad for about a minute. Nope.

Overall I've managed a grand total of half a season in Scandinavia between multiple attempts at fatty mode.

Went back to Classic, and decided to try a Bradford City save with the updates, and after 20 minutes realised I had signed the *exact* same players as I did when the game first came out. Nope.

Stuck looking for a save, might even try with the attribute masking if I find something.

Yeah, if he does then ban him.;)

or how long before the error sinks in.

Not long. Bloody shame, I did really like full fat in 14, had an incredible save with Bradford Park Avenue where I managed to beat Arsenal in a cup replay when I was in League 2, IIRC.

I give him two hours. However, a ban will happen. Disgraceful :D

Well earned, to be fair.

Have you taken charge of training? What sort of tactics do you use - anything aggressive?

Training no, that's kind of why I'm on FMC in the first place. Minimal fuzz. I've never had problems like this in the previous seasons, so I don't know how much my assistant is to blame.

Tactics, well, I use "close down more" for longer periods in most games. Perhaps I need to turn that off.

A random suggestion BoxToBox. I've been reading a lot of Jo Nesbo books lately, and it has made me put Norway on my list of places to play a FM save in. Have you tried Scandinavia recently?

Not since that aborted full fat save. Now that you mention it I was thinking about them the other day, after watching a short documentary about Solskjaer when he was managing Molde.

I'll have to look at Norwegian clubs, be interesting to try and build one to do well in Europe.

Are the injuries occurring in matches, in training, a bit of both?

A bit of both, really.

About the Norway discussion; SK Brann should be a fun challenge. They're a massive club in Norway, but were relegated from the premier division last season. Yesterday they were appointing a new board - the chairman resigned after 75 minutes. :D

Not since that aborted full fat save. Now that you mention it I was thinking about them the other day, after watching a short documentary about Solskjaer when he was managing Molde.

I'll have to look at Norwegian clubs, be interesting to try and build one to do well in Europe.

Yeah, I think it would be a huge challenge just to get them to qualify for a knock out round in the Champions League.

A bit of both, really.

About the Norway discussion; SK Brann should be a fun challenge. They're a massive club in Norway, but were relegated from the premier division last season. Yesterday they were appointing a new board - the chairman resigned after 75 minutes. :D

Out of interest, what is the biggest club in Oslo?

Training no, that's kind of why I'm on FMC in the first place. Minimal fuzz. I've never had problems like this in the previous seasons, so I don't know how much my assistant is to blame.

Tactics, well, I use "close down more" for longer periods in most games. Perhaps I need to turn that off.

Just they way it goes, when I played in Roma, I had only the one major injury, until the last season(10th) where two key players were down with major injuries with weeks of each other, and another out for a month.

A bit of both, really.

Crazy!

"What? Relegated? When was that? Uhhhhh, bye now..."

Yeah, I think it would be a huge challenge just to get them to qualify for a knock out round in the Champions League.

Yeah, can see it being incredibly difficult. Managed something similar with Red Bull Salzburg in 14, but it wasn't so difficult as they were financially overpowered compared to their country and after a few years it was a cinch to rake in the wonderkids and dominate.

Out of interest, what is the biggest club in Oslo?

Valarenga by the looks of the Tippeligaen wiki page.

Are you Norwegian? :cool:

Brann sounds like an interesting save, I'm sure I'll stick with that for at least a season if/when I get round to it :thup:

Yup, I'm Norwegian.

Another interesting save in Norway could be Odd Grenland - English native speakers tend to like that club/name. :)

Yeah......I'm off to Norway I think. My twelfth season at Saints is more or less done (won EPL, just need to try to get to CL final and compete in FA Cup Final).

BoxToBox - what nations would you load for that? I'm thinking I'll do all of Scandinavia to the lowest level, plus England and Scotland all the way down to start.

Crazy!

"What? Relegated? When was that? Uhhhhh, bye now..."

:) I haven't read the whole story. I think the club elected both a new chairman and a new board, but when the new chairman disagreed on some of the new board members who were elected with him, he resigned..

Brann is a high-profiled, highly ambitious media circus. Always has been, always will be.

Yup, I'm Norwegian.

Another interesting save in Norway could be Odd Grenland - English native speakers tend to like that club/name. :)

Everyone loves an odd name! Stabaek looks good too, for youth development.

Yeah......I'm off to Norway I think. My twelfth season at Saints is more or less done (won EPL, just need to try to get to CL final and compete in FA Cup Final).

BoxToBox - what nations would you load for that? I'm thinking I'll do all of Scandinavia to the lowest level, plus England and Scotland all the way down to start.

I've just loaded it up now, and I added all of Scandinavia, Iceland, Switzerland(just the top 2), Romania, and the top divisions only of England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. Only really loading the big countries to keep the European competitions a bit dynamic.

Now to pick a club...

On FMC tho.

of course.:)

Nice! FMC Community Scandinavian adventure :cool:

I won't be taking part in this adventure, well only as a follower, though maybe could end up there one day when I get back to my Ledley King game.

First disappointment is that my star man Fredrik Ulvestad refuses to consider a new contract, and is off on a Bosman :(

He's not impressed with the new manager.;)

Meanwhile, in Norway ...

If any of you would like to apply for the vacant position as Brann chairman, you can see the job advert here (for real! No joke!):

Link

The ad is only in Norwegian, but let me know if you want me to translate it for you.

:lol: God, I love Brann.

I will give it some serious thought.;)

I can only speak/read English though, what does "Søk her" mean?

Archived