FMC15 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm a nightmare for that. Like with your Roma save, after a while you end up sitting on a bucket of cash. I end up selling brilliant players at 24-27 just because I spy a promising youngster who I think can do a job. In a way, it's a good thing as it livens up the game world and makes things harder for you. Well, theoretically at least - as you've disproved yourself ;)

Season twelve for me so far looks like this:

screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-21-27-37.png

screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-21-27-53.png

screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-21-28-05.png

A general bludgeoning of all before us. The two draws in the league used a 4-2-3-1 which I have since ripped up, set fire to and deleted. Now we're using a very simple and "normal" 4-1-2-3 DM which plays some lovely stuff. Control and Structured. Haven't changed a thing in matches all season.

screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-21-31-01.png

screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-21-31-12.png

EDIT - And then I lose to Chelsea in the CoC QF :D

I decided to start an Inter Milan save.

Transfers In:

Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria for €6.5mn. Needed someone who can do the dirty work and he was available for not that much with good potential.

Dominik Livakovic from Zagreb for €195k. Until Bardi comes back I wanted a good cheap backup keeper with lots of potential. He has a 3.5-4.5 star potential according to my scouts. The problem with that i wanted to ship out Carrazo for pretty much any price or on loan but so far no one wants him. I think his wages are just too high.

Transfers Out:

Marco Andreolli to Parma for €1.5mn. I'm not playing 3 at the back and he is injury prone and I have Donkor as a 5th CD if needed.

Joel Obi to Cagliari on loan for 70% wages. I wanted to sell him no one wanted him. Tried to loan him out and my DOF accepted this offer. Good to get rid of some wage costs. He wasn't good enough and earning too much.

This leaves me with the following squad:

Decided to go for a 4132 after trying and a 4312 that Mancini uses IRL.

--------DLFS-----AF------

-----B2B----CMA-----B2B

--------------HB------------

CWBS--CDD--CDD--CWBA

--------------GKD-----------

I'm not using wingers as I only have Podolski and Shaqiri so I need my fullbacks to bomb forward. As a consequence I'm using the HB to provide extra cover. The middle should provide enough cover and runs but I might still change it around. Up front the creator and executor. Worked well in pre-season but now it will be tested in the actual season.

STL: Podolski

STR: Icardi

(Palacio back up, Shaqiri retrained and rotation once back from holiday)

CM: Hernanes, Kovacic, Guarin (Brozovic, Obiang, Kuzmanovic)

DM: Medel (Kuzmanovic or Obiang)

FBL: Nagatomo, Dodo (Santon in 4mo)

CD: Vidic, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus, Campagnaro

FBR: Jonathan, D'Ambrosio (when Santon returns probably Nagatomo)

GK: Handanovic, Livakovic

Drew Rijeka for the EL playoffs.

Let's see how it goes and how long I stick to this save.

Having a poke around at Wolfburg, was surprised to see they begin with no budget, should have realised they wouldn't after Schurrle.

Lots of injuries and holes in the squad, and the closest thing to an acceptable striker is Aaron Hunt, who seems quite good, if slow.

I finally have confidence that I might be able to break my FM15 3 goals per game hoodoo this season. The switch to the 4-1-2-3 DM listed earlier is really reaping rewards :cool: The important thing for me is to balance the "For" with the "Against" column, and we're doing that too.

Results since last images are:

screen-shot-2015-03-01-at-20-31-16.png

screen-shot-2015-03-01-at-20-31-28.png

So, we have a five goal cushion in the quest for 3 per game, which will be eroded against better teams who can fend us off. I've got Nelson at the club now, and have offloaded Gilmar to Paris-SG for just shy of £40m, which actually represents a £5m loss on the fee paid to Atletico 5 seasons back. However, out Net spend is again in a great position this season - spent £49.5m, recouped £117m :)

Currently playing a save as AFC Wimbledon which is fun, finished just outside the play-offs in my First Season and them managed to get third in my Second. Was expecting a difficult Season in League One but managed to over achieve and ended up tenth! It should be interesting as the save has already seen a few Takeovers, one in the Czech Premier League (Jablonec) on in Scotland (Livingston), one in the Championship (Ipswich) and two in Liga Adelente (Racing & Zaragoza)

It's quite enjoyable and hope I can take Wimbledon to the Premier League :)

Went ahead with Wolfsburg, not certain I'll stick with it but we'll see.

b8684dff01b9bf147e1de968ebc94337.png

Screwed up with Tariq, bad personality for growth, hopefully they set up a good tutor, still a 225k punt, if he even hits half his potential..

All of Kranevitter, Sisto, Fierro, Mammana and Romagna have buyouts included. Hopefully I find 25m somewhere, or get it for next season to make some/all of them permanent.

Nice updates RT and Chester.

Good luck with Wilfsburg BoxToBox. I didn't even know they had someone called Mosquito :)

I in the meantime continued with my Inter save. Beat Rijeka at home 4-0 and then somehow collapsed away. I think the guys thought we were through until,it was suddenly 2-0. We ended it with 2-1 and an aggregate of 5-2 but I was still quite annoyed at that performance.

First game in Serie A we drew against Napoli 1-1 and then hammered Parma 4-0.

We're in Group A of the EL with:

Real Sociedad

AEL

Guingamp

Needless to say if we don't get into group stages I'll be pretty upset.

Now as to tactics. I've been using the 4132 and it is working well but I'm not getting the most out of Shaqiri (playing him as the CMA) and I see in games that I lack a second set of wing players.

So I have been toying around with either a 4141 or 41221 to get both Podolski and Shaqiri on the wings. More likely with ML/R because I have players who can cover for them in those positions and will provide a bit more defensive stability. Maybe I drag Podolski into the AML. All to be seen and the beauty of FMC I can do that without repercussions.

Then I found this long detailed thread by Jambo in the tactics forum about the 451 flat. It's quite interesting, never used it, and fits with my plans. So I will try to set this up later tonight and give it a spin.

Mosquito was a free 18 year old punt, apparently has potential.

Not going well though, 1 win and 3 draws in the league, mostly unhappy with the football we've put out, tried a handful of different setups. Was hoping to avoid 4-3-3 as I like to use different formations in different saves, but I might have to go for it to get the best of these, if I can at all.

Got sucked back into my Dundee save and after comfortably avoiding relegation in my first season, we were left with decent funds to strengthen the squad, operating to just within 50% of wage budget.

I thought we had secured the signing of Jack Collison, who we agreed terms with before he decided to return to West Ham. Then, I thought we'd nabbed ex-Argentine international Lucho Gonzalez. He would've been a massive signing for us and I was prepared to invest our entire transfer budget on his agent's/signing on fees. He agreed to a trial and was considering our offer but then Argentine side Lanus came in late and won his signature. Gutted.

That left me scratching my head as to how we could improve the squad and I was ultimately left to resigning some of the loanees we had from the last season as well as improving all my backroom staff.

I wasn't satisfied we'd kicked on enough from last season though and despite hammering the loan market with no real success I decided to resign after three games of the new season.

I had a couple of lesser job offers from Gillingham and Shamrock Rovers but I had hopes of getting the West Ham job, which eventually went to caretaker Steve Clarke. Then, I noticed that a familiar club in the SPL were looking for a new manager - my old rivals Dundee United. I applied for that job and would've taken it if it weren't for the fact that the Nottm Forst job came up. I was offered the Dundee United job and delayed it for a week, which ironically would've meant that my first game would've been against Dundee in the Scottish Cup! Fortunately, I was offered the Forest job and the club are a different level from Dundee.

They're just six points of the play-offs in mid-November and we started with back to back wins including a 4-2 win over league leaders Bournemouth. I've completely revised my tactics at Forest playing a 3-1-3-1-2 with Ravel Morrison thriving as my treq. The system is way more technical than anything I've ever done before, but early signs are encouraging.

The squad doesn't need a great deal of work. Already got a new GK in mind for the January window but offer than that will use what is already at the club. Glad I kept the save going now, was very tempted to start over when the patch came out.

@RTH - No surprise to see you banging 3 goals in each game :cool: barring 1-0 win over Reading :D

@BoxtoBox - Good luck with Wolfsborg :cool: I'm managing Gladbach \o/ I'm playing on full mode tho.

@Tyro - good luck with Inter :cool: Why not try 4-4-2 narrow diamond?

@Colorado - Your Dundee save sounds really fun :) Shame you missed out on Jack Collison and Lucho Gonzalez :(

Cheers, hope Gladbach treats you well!

Well, they're interesting :D Currently 2nd in the league but few points ahead of Leverkusen, Schalke and Dortmund, currently in March. We're in Second Round in Europa League against Gala, but lost 3-1 in first leg :( Hope we smash them to pieces at home.

Well, they're interesting :D Currently 2nd in the league but few points ahead of Leverkusen, Schalke and Dortmund, currently in March. We're in Second Round in Europa League against Gala, but lost 3-1 in first leg :( Hope we smash them to pieces at home.

Sounds like fun! 2-0 at home against Gala should be doable, if they are like they are in real life, same as Shakhtar, brilliant at home, rubbish away.

After that tetchy start to life with Die Wolfe, 1w 5d, we went on a 5w streak, and now sit in 2nd tied on points with Dortmund in first. Was *this* close to chucking the save, didn't even enjoy the wins up until the very last two, against Stuttgart(inexplicably top at the time) and Schalke.

I'm finally getting to a style of football I'm happy with, after trying, 7 maybe 8 different formations(and roles within each lineup) from pre-season up to the Schalke game, where everything has started to click.

Would love to have the 20-30m they spent on Schurrle rather than him, so I could make most of my loans permanent, especially Sisto who's becoming a very good striker. Gonna cancel Samper's loan, he's been crap too, and doesn't fit my now DM free tactic.

On the upside, looks like someone is tutoring Tariq, his Det. is increasing, so hopefully his personality will boost too.

@RTH - No surprise to see you banging 3 goals in each game :cool: barring 1-0 win over Reading :D

@BoxtoBox - Good luck with Wolfsborg :cool: I'm managing Gladbach \o/ I'm playing on full mode tho.

@Tyro - good luck with Inter :cool: Why not try 4-4-2 narrow diamond?

@Colorado - Your Dundee save sounds really fun :) Shame you missed out on Jack Collison and Lucho Gonzalez :(

Somehow I don't like the shape :) and I played with Schalke back in FM12 and 13 and that was their formation so I got tired of it. However, after trying the flat 451 which was ok, I realized that I'm not really getting much better results from either Poldi or Shaqiri on the wings, so I went back to my narrow 4132. Somehow that shape I love with the CM in the center advanced.

About 5-7 games in now and except for a loss to Fiorentina 1-3 (with Aquilani scoring from almost the half way line, then Poldi Making a very bad back pass for Girardino to just tap it in, and Pasqual scoring from a free kick) using the 451 we're doing quite well. 5th at the moment and top of Group A in the EL.

Really loving Hernanes, Shaqiri, Kovacic, Guarin, Obiang as my CMs. Still changing the roles around. Used RPM CMA RPM but now I'm changing to B2B APA B2B because the B2B sit a bit deeper than the RPM it seems to me and im still trying to get the best out of Shaqiri in the center. As for strikers I have settled on the DLFS which surprisingly Poldi plays very well and an AF which im still changing around. Used a DLFA but maybe a CFA will provide me both with movement and penetration that I want. The back four I'm happy with: CWBA CDD CDD CWBA and the HB in front.

Good luck on the Gladnach save. I also had a brief save with them earlier this year. Great young team.

Happy you're sticking with Wolfsburg BoxToBox. How's De Bruyne doing for you?

Nice update Colorado.

Inter FMC Update

Europa League

Playoffs vs Rijeka

Home: Rijeka 4-0 (Podolski 5, 18, Icardi 81, Guarin 91)

Away: Rijeka 1-2 (Hernanes 90+1)

Group A (after 2 games)

Inter 6 points

Real Soc. 3 points

Guingamp 3 points

AEL 0 points

Home: Real Sociedad 2-1 (Jonathan 15, Palacio 80, Canales 81)

Away: Guingamp 4-2 (Palacio 9, Douniama 30, Vidic 31, Sankhare 44, Vidic 48, Podolski 72)

Serie A

Away: Napoli 1-1 (Icardi 38, Hamsik 77)

Home: Parma 3-0 (Podolski pen. 14, 19, Bonazzoli 71)

Home: EL Game 1 (see above)

Home: Cagliari 2-1 (Hernanes 46, Podolski pen. 51, Husbauer 66) (I used my 451 form.)

Home: Fiorentina 1-3 (Vidic 3, Aquilani 20, Gilardino 38, Pasqual 40) (I used my 451 form.)

Away: Genoa 3-0 (Icardi 34, Shaqiri 40, Podolski pen 56) (they used a wild 343 diamond with 3 ST and were completely exposed)

Away: EL Game 2 (see above)

Serie A Standings (after 5/6 Games)

1. Juventus 18 (6)

2. Udinese 12 (5)

3. Fiorentina 10 (5)

4. Napoli 10 (6)

5. Inter 10 (5)

6. Lazio 9 (5)

7. Roma 9 (5)

19. AC Milan 2 (6)

Comments on the Games:

The defeat to Fiorentina was a bit my mistake and them having luck. My mistake because I saw beforehand that they did well against teams playing with wide players and got destroyed against narrow formations. But, in my stubborness to try out the 451 flat, I stuck with it, instead of using the 4132 Narrow. Nonetheless, we played well. Fiorentina just got extremely lucky and were less likely to score but Aquilani scored one from 30 meters out. Then Podolski with a back pass to Handanovic intercepted and tap in. And Pasqual with a free kick that went in. That was basically it.

Genoa came out with such a wild 343 diamond formation - it was so attacking I couldn't believe my eyes.

----ST---ST---ST

---------AMC----

ML-------------MR

---------DM------

-----CD--CD--CD-

---------GK-------

Needless to say my 4132 dominated the middle and there was soooo much space that I am really annoyed we only won 3-0. Icardi missed several sitters.

The game against Guingamp was very entertaining although their 2 goals came just out of nowhere. Typical David vs. Goliath type game where I was completely dominant and they still snuck them in. However, Vidic had other plans and almost scored a hattrick against them.

Next up is Roma. Juventus are destroying teams at the moment with 5-0, 6-0 scorelines with Llorente on form.

Squad:

I am really happy with my squad especially the midfield and defenders.

As for the strikers, I can already see that I need to change my strikers soon. Icardi is the future but Podolski isn't exactly what I want and Palacio, while brilliant, is getting old. Also, I did not realize how many penalties Podolski scored already. I am eyeing Ener Valencia from West Ham (who surprise, I had a brief save with several weeks ago) who really impressed me. I want an all-rounder strong but technical striker who can also finish (although Icardi can do that). Bonazzoli might be one for the future too.

I am glad I brought in Obiang. He is already pushing for a first team spot and has a lot of potential as my roaming playmaker or box to box midfielder type (but can also play the half back role).

Sounds like you have a great save going there, spoilt for choice at CM!

I've see some teams using that, frankly suicidal 3-4-3 diamond before.

Bonazzoli can become a superstar, he was immense in my Roma save.

Happy you're sticking with Wolfsburg BoxToBox. How's De Bruyne doing for you?

Few of the early tactics were specifically built around him, and they all sucked. He wasn't doing well, but once everything settled down he's started cracking along well. Playing him as a AP(a) from CM.

EDIT: Schurrle is coming along nicely as a striker too, but if I got 20-25m, I'd still sell him, really want to keep Kranevitter, Sisto and Fierro at least.

crest-2006.jpg

Spurs 2014/15 Review

So I decided to start a game with Spurs purely because I was excited about a potential attacking triangle of Eriksen, Kane and Erik Lamela. I spent a total of £30m on new players in the Summer but recouped £25m through the sale of Jan Vertonghen to Manchester United. In came Balanta, Lucas Romero, Sime Versaljko and Ogenyi Onazi. Versaljko and Romero in particular impressed during the campaign. The target would be a top six finish at the end of the season.

We got off to a slow start but gradually improved and we were brilliant after Xmas. I managed to win some silverware in the form of the Capital One Cup as well. Our run to the final was a relatively straightforward one after we beat Manchester 5-3 after extra time in round three at the Etihad and we completely outclassed Villa in the final, winning 5-0. We managed to remain unbeaten against Arsenal, winning 2-1 at the Lane before a 0-0 draw at the Emirates later in the season. In the Europa League we made it to the semi-finals but we really should have won it. In the semis we faced Roma and won the first leg away 1-0 at Olympico, unfortunately in the days before the second leg we lost Kane and Eriksen to injuries whilst Lamela was also recovering from a twisted ankle which had kept him out of action for a few weeks. We defended poorly and lost 3-2, going out on away goals.

We also knocked City out of the FA Cup, beating them 1-0 at WHL in a replay after a draw at the Etihad. The quarter final was against Bournemouth away from home and we played pathetically, losing 1-0 to end our ambitions of a potential domestic double. We eventually finished as runners up in the league which was quite an achievement to be fair, Hugo Lloris kept a league high 17 clean sheets but we drew too many games to win the league. We need to bring in some quality central midfielders and have a clear out of players such as Emmanuel Adebayor, he has been dragging squad morale down all season with his petulance, he missed training about five times (I fined him two weeks wages each time) and squad harmony is the poorest I have ever seen it on Football Manager, despite all the success we have had. :confused:

fnvmf9.jpg

jpwn4k.jpg

2nav8qx.jpg

Next season we can hopefully have a clear out of all the dead wood and finish in the top four again, I look forward to seeing who our opponents are going to be in the Champions League whilst the club will benefit from the added revenue of playing in Europe's premier club competition.

This is the greatest moment of my save so far.

e88b8b2fbb181188d177951886971500.png

Poor fools actually gave me money for him. Actual money. Didn't have to play him once.

This means I had enough scraped together to make Pione Sisto's deal permanent, the kid massively impressing up front.

Jesus mate, you'd probably have built the new stadium yourself by now....

I just don't get it :( Presumably there are all sorts of factors like size of city which come into the mix, but we're now at the end of season twelve, still averaging about 51,000 out of 52,000 every match and there's no sign of any action. The bank account is mental and we're winning 3 or 4 trophies every single year.

I'm getting itchy feet again :D

Might go back to Fiorentina as the Saints board still won't give me a new stadium :mad:

Or.....I'll give Brazil another shot. Or......

Not again :D What about managing Athletic Bilbao?

Not again :D What about managing Athletic Bilbao?

Mmm. I haven't managed them for a long, long time, nor in La Liga so far on FM15 (apart from a quick blast with Real and Barca when it first came out).

What I might be forced to do is be ruthless and delete my Saints save to force me to stick elsewhere :)

EDIT - Thinking about Bilbao - what are their debt levels like? Haven't they just built a new stadium? Are the Basque-only rules still in force in real life, and are they in FMC?

Mmm. I haven't managed them for a long, long time, nor in La Liga so far on FM15 (apart from a quick blast with Real and Barca when it first came out).

What I might be forced to do is be ruthless and delete my Saints save to force me to stick elsewhere :)

EDIT - Thinking about Bilbao - what are their debt levels like? Haven't they just built a new stadium? Are the Basque-only rules still in force in real life, and are they in FMC?

The Basque only rule was definitely in FMC 14, so I can't see that having changed, though of course you can still get any Spaniard under, 17 is it?

Firstly great work safcrhys. :applause: Just a bit of a shame about who pipped you to the title but lol at Arsenal though and at West Ham nearly going down, hopefully you can go one step further next season and they can do even worse.

I'm getting itchy feet again :D

Might go back to Fiorentina as the Saints board still won't give me a new stadium :mad:

Or.....I'll give Brazil another shot. Or......

Isn't that almost the same thing for you? ;)

Don't think I could do that, well the fact I have several old FM saves kept on the basis of maybe I might want to play them again sometime is proof of that..

I'd have given him away for nothing to be honest. :lol:

Nice one, FC Lorient are cleary mugs.

Still at Southampton :o

Just posted in GD. Basically I've been stating for about a week in there that I have no experience of excessive shots in matches, and then this happens! Hysterical :D

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-19-32-30.png

First time in twelve seasons that I've had more than 34 shots in a game. Charlton just sat back all game in a deep 4-4-2 and never even tried to change things as far as I could tell.

The aim for a record breaking goal scoring tally is on target, aided by that flurry against Charlton:

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-19-54-31.png

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-19-54-43.png

My top total so far was 114 last season (exactly three per game). I've already out scored seven of my previous complete seasons, with ten games to spare :cool:

Still at Southampton :o

Just posted in GD. Basically I've been stating for about a week in there that I have no experience of excessive shots in matches, and then this happens! Hysterical :D

screen-shot-2015-03-03-at-19-32-30.png

Haha that is just ridiculous................................................ Charlton having 5 shots lmfao, just crazy stuff.

Your game is broke though, you should have lost that 1-0.;)

Into Feb. for Die Wolfe, and things are going well. 9 points clear in the league, somehow, but big away game at Bayern next.

Transfer window was a massive success, chucked Vierinha(3.2m), Peresic(3.5m), Bendtner(3m), Zhang Xizhe(5.5m somehow) and tore up Trasch's contract, to free up wages.

Then, I secured extensions on most loans for another year, activated the clauses on Sisto and Fierro, who join permanently end of season, bosmans for Patric, Fabian Schar and Andre Ayew, and finally picked up a cracking Argentine regen wingback for 4m.

The only concern is Kranevitter, but I'll surely get more than 8.5m to spend in summer.

Holy crap, I came sooooo close to choking the league. Three draws and a loss in the last four games.

Got knocked out of the Europa in the first round after the group stages, to Shakhtar, incredibly disappointing despite reaching my goal.

Got knocked out of the Cup by Bayern in the semis, less disappointing, as I threw the the second choice 11 at them to focus on the league.

Won the league, by a single point.

3462e4b93e255f18e62d7df24ae1a7bd.png

Draws nearly cost me. I really like my tactic, but I think i have to ditch it, as it just doesn't seem to work away. 10 away draws. 10! :mad:

Season one Bundesliga win with Wolfsburg?!

Can you go and play Sim mode instead BoxToBox? I'm getting an inferiority complex :D

You wouldn't put me through something that harsh, would you?

Had a weird summer, all along I was expecting to be broke, as the board asked me to look into selling players, and the finances were red. So I got those bosmans in, made what loans I could permanent, and had just enough to scrape that 2.2m deal for Kondogbia. Then they announced budgets, and I had 25m.

Once summer hit, they somehow had 100m in the bank(I had about 20 for transfers left), both Rodriguez and Gustavo's buyouts were hit, so I was well financed, and went just a bit mad on the wonderkids.

124684fcd62893082abb6e1d1d0370bb.png

They sold a couple of Tiguans to get you your money - VW takes care of its own.

So first Roma, then Wolfsburg...you really know how to get results.

And RTH breaking record after record.

In the meantime I am happy with 5th and happy with a 1-0 win to Roma.

They sold a couple of Tiguans to get you your money - VW takes care of its own.

So first Roma, then Wolfsburg...you really know how to get results.

And RTH breaking record after record.

In the meantime I am happy with 5th and happy with a 1-0 win to Roma.

I didn't realise they were like that in game, they're not on any sugar daddy list.

Decent transfers, BoxToBox :cool: Congrats on winning the league :D

Cheers! A bit overkill, I've made it so there are more Argentines in the squad than Germans....

Archived