You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator 3

Dexter_Morgan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, some Czech regens looking good :eek:

I'm tempted to manage in Czech Republic whenever SI release January patch :D

Do it :D I've always enjoyed managing in the Czech Republic, there's 6/7 teams there with potential and produce good regens, Slovan Liberec and Banik for example have a few i'm after if I can get the funds, there's still 7 at Slavia we've produced (lost 2 in the summer) that look like they have some kind of future and i'm about a month away from this years intake so that may end up being even more with any luck

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - January - May 2020/21

DO7hPBg.png

3zAqLun.png

q5EuknT.png

ZkiejFR.png

h94oucX.png

6xjINde.png

lIi5sJp.png

Managers Thoughts

Usually to have had a season like that I would expect us to win the division but we were never in with a shout at any stage all season so I have to give Plzen credit for being superb, there's only one game all season I was disappointed to lose and even that wouldn't have made any difference so it shows you just how good they must be.

Getting the cup in the bag after last seasons poor show in it is some reward for the players and myself thankfully because they did deserve something from the season, especially considering a couple of month long injuries happened about March time and those that stepped in did more than enough for us to miss the absentees.

There's a pretty tough summer coming up for me I feel, players are being hunted from all over now and I know i'm going to have to give in with some of them but I do hope with our league finish there'll be some loyalty from the home grown players, anyone else is replaceable IMO but I want my time at the club to include a core of as many players developed at the club as possible.

Finances are awful at the minute, the youth upgrade was cancelled and we are only in the black by £3M now thanks to sponsorship money coming through, so tbh a few sales and players being replaced on the cheap is the only way to go this summer. I'd like to keep Mahon out of the non Czech's but the rest can replaced if need be as I have seen a few possible freebies.

Only one worthwhile from this years intake but he does look and sound promising from reports

S75BQqE.png

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners
Slavia Praha         2020/21  Czech First Division        2nd         Cup Winners 

Co-efficients

1Guj1LJ.png

A few of the drops are disappointing but there's been some good rises to balance it out a bit. Ours to 12th is great news and will help our long term goal hugely. The top side goes straight in to the CL group (2nd side still has to start in the 3rd round of the runner up stages though) and the side in 3rd straight in to the Europa group which gives at least top and 3rd the chance to make some money and improve.

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - Promoted again, like a yo-yo :D

FK Metalurg Skopje - League winners, Cup Winners - Should have made the Europa group really this season but threw a 3-1 lead against Red Star away, the division did take an 11 place jump to 47th though so maybe they'll start getting more favourable draws soon.

FC Viitorul - 3rd

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros won the League Cup domestic treble after chucking £9.75M at it

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Spent £1.5M and finished 5th

Teplice - Spent £8.75M which is rare in my experience of keeping an eye on 2nd division tycoon clubs, not surprisingly they walked away with the title

Bad luck in the league, Viktoria Plzen were unstoppable, at least you got some form of silverware and the chance to win the Super Cup at the start of next season.

They were superb, it takes something to have done as well as we did and not even be disappointed to lose out, they were in control from October onwards and there was only one game all season I thought we should have done better in. Even the loss to Plzen late on in the season we had the better chances but they have so much quality that they held out and hit us in the last 10 mins, a draw in that game probably would have been fair but even then it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the title :D

I really don't know what to do here :(

siOlrpc.png

Plus sides of moving are i've attended the interview and i'll have £7.5M to spend, the board have agreed to everything I asked in terms of facilities. Bad points are if I don't like any of the staff i'd have to put up with them and it's just taken 2 years to get rid of the dross at Slavia so don't fancy having to do that again :D

Plus sides of staying at Slavia are i've got 7 homegrown players here who could make it but then again Plzen want youngsters through the ranks and signed. Bad points are definitely the finances and the board not overly willing to give me anything I ask like another rise on youth coaching which was turned down a month back :( Though to be fair this is better than Plzen's at the moment. I've also just had to walk away from a deal with a player from Nurnberg who would massively improve us just because we can't find his (what I think is low) £12K a week demand which has annoyed me a little too. I'll add another positive for Slavia being our squad is a lot younger than theirs, they have a few players late 20's and above so that would mean me rebuilding them a little and I might find it a little hard to start that process all over again in the same country.

I'd like other peoples thoughts on this too tbh as i've saved it there and gave up for the night but as i've typed this out i've started to feel staying put might be the best option as Plzen should stay strong for a while longer no matter who is manager, if I leave Slavia now I fear the squad will be ripped apart the minute I walk out the door as there is interest in the majority of the squad but thankfully so far the players I really want to keep have been happy to sign new contracts rather than the usual thing in this FM of wanting out the second another club is after them. As I said I do want other people's thoughts still please :D

We were drawn against Chelsea in the final CL playoff round, I had a bit of a think about the best way to give ourselves a chance against them and decided to take a risk with my Danubian School tactic from my other thread which hasn't really been tested with any other club or even been added to my set at Slavia and i'd say it's given us a slight chance

9x7b8BS.png

The problem now is do I go with it again in the 2nd leg or do I go back to 4-3-3 (wingers) and hope to nick a win by the odd goal? Because this tactic seemed to work really well at home with First Vienna

I went with the Danubian again as it obviously gave them a problem in the first leg and this happened :eek:

Zfx01K3.png

Another really great career thread that I've only just got round to looking at. Really enjoying this one :)

I'm just about to start Jonathan Wilson's book too, nice coincidence.

Glad you are enjoying it so far :thup: I've loved these saves in the last FM's and this one whilst a bit more frustrating than the previous 2 due to some changes in the game itself has given me plenty of enjoyment :) I just hope this is the attempt where the Iron curtain finally takes over because it was very close on the last attempt but my laptop struggled to handle it around the 2030 mark, this year there shouldn't be any problems :D

It's been a while since I read the book, might dig it out and start again well worth a read :thup:

Cracking two legged win over Chelsea. :thup:

Cheers mate :thup:

God damn great win over Chelsea! Will you be continuing to use the Danubian tactic now? Just think of the results once the squad is fully fluid with it.

Cheers mate :thup: This is the shape of the tactic

dPXT6eg.png

the problem with it is that it does allow the other team to score quite a lot as my previous thread shown. It is tempting to use though as we do have a player for each position to pull it off. We play AC away first so i'll probably give it a go there and see what happens.

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - July - August 2021/22

Transfers

TRoI4iS.png

xYs9afP.png

WrynKeJ.png

bPrChHR.png

6veSLYf.png

se9PfVp.png

Bg0M4I1.png

P5QgQnn.png

ZLLoOeN.png

NjNszRl.png

Managers Thoughts

That was almost a perfect start to the season, the only thing you can say that ruined it was the away tie at Chelsea which I am still more than happy with. Plzen also made made the CL group and they'll face my former club Metalurg Skjope, OM and Shaktar in a group i'd happily exchange for mine :D

Been a busy summer, not so much in terms of ins but lots of players have gone out on loan because in all honesty i'm going to struggle to keep hold of quite a few of the current first team squad. I do kind of regret letting Tom Stewart going out on loan again as he had a brilliant year last season when he was away but i'm convinced he'll be a starter next season. The whole pre season must be the longest i've ever faced tbh because if i'm not getting loan offers in i'm rejecting transfer offers and then having to go and talk to players after and it's wearing me down, thankfully there's only one more day of it in game time so going to get that out of the way before I call it a night so I don't have to put up with any of it tomorrow :D

Youth training and coaching have both got upgrades and thankfully the money will be there to complete it at the end of the season now after the mess of this summer :rolleyes:

P282Szo.png

u0lnXCq.png

Looks like a good tactic if it works, and I've seen from your other thread that it works, almost as attacking as my Rijeka tactic :p

I didn't think my 6-6 would be beaten until you came along tbh :D I've given up for the night now that the bloody transfer window is out of the way :D But i'm going to try it for a few games and see how it goes, my only concern is I bought powerful players to suit that tactic especially at DMC and AMC and at the minute i'm not sure the players we have in those positions are quite up to up it, I do have an eye on a Czech DMC at Barca who is out of contract at the end of the year who would automatically change that. There's also this 16 year old at Liberec who i'm still scouting but he looks promising from the clear attributes so far

ByI1IVH.png

Excellent victory over Chelsea :eek:

Thanks mate :thup: I feared the worst when the draw was made tbh which is why I went for broke :D

Superb result over Chelsea :cool:

Tough Champions League group. Do you think you can surprise everyone by finishing in top 2: D

Cheers mate :thup: Tbh I was only thinking about 3rd but we've done this

ruNnCLf.png

and this in the first 2 games

IggqIv1.png

and i'd hope we pick points up against Vitesse if we are capable of doing that tbh.

Fantastic Chelsea win. Hoping you get Marek. One of the things I liked about the Czech league is that it produces some reasonably good young players.

Cheers delta :thup: There's a few in the division that look a bit handy but the problem is they are in attacking positions when really I could do with a left back a CM and keeper more than anything as we have loads of potential in attack (Mares is the exception though as I am determined to get him)

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - September - December 2021/22

De9Rrry.png

uYcuvTB.png

jfqNt1E.png

eNZ8GEN.png

1i9iIqG.png

Managers Thoughts

That section of the season couldn't have gone any better in all honesty, top of table, through to the cup quarter final and through to the CL knockouts after taking some big scalps along the way. What makes the season so far even better is that we have be blighted by injuries all season so we've been playing with a few 16 year olds on some occasions. Our reward for topping the CL group is Swansea :D This will be the first time I remember ever having to play them in a European tie on any FM :D

Milan.........:D

They certainly shocked me how bad they were tbh.

Few Little bits from my save so far this evening.

Swansea were beaten home and away in the CL and up next was Monaco

GGAVg7X.png

zUdpkqt.png

I was actually surprised how close the 2nd leg was really as it felt like they battered us :D Should have been home and dry in all honesty as we were 3-0 up at one stage in the first leg but got sloppy. Benfica await us in the semi but our squad is so thin at the moment with 10 injuries :mad: I've even promoted youth players just to keep us ticking over in the league and even they pick up injuries :mad: These are in game and not in training so it's out of my control :mad:

Speaking of youth these two were signed from the intake

4kyEEto.png

QgyvBCt.png

Soukup looks really special and has made some 1st team appearances already (until he got injured). I've got him on a box to box schedule to get his physicals up a bit and then i'll decide if his long term term future is as a wide player or a CM in a years time.

The 4th tycoon of the save happened in Russia since the winter break too.

8OVitN5.png

j6RePSN.png

I'd been looking at their history and the former boards have been investing in the facilities for 1st and youth teams right the way through so Sibir's facilities are touching towards top end already.

And we're through!!!!!!!!!!

vtBk8DD.png

Absolutely battered in the 2nd leg and trailed to an early goal until the 77th minute when center half Svoboda netted from close range. I really thought they were going to hammer us in the first half we were that bad :D

Soukup made a little bit of history in the game, it was actually his assist after coming on at half time that leveled the scores

f15NyX1.png

We face Juventus in the final and with a couple of players just starting to come back from their injuries too

Got an absolute mad week or so coming up

Wednesday - league

Saturday - CL final

Tuesday - Cup final

Thursday - league game (which happens to be against 2nd placed sparta)

Saturday - final league game

Our lead at the top has gone from 11 points to 1 in recent weeks and with this fixture list we could end up with nothing :(

Well that's one we've not got :(

xC1bPW6.png

It was the performance more than anything that let me down but have to appreciate we did well to get there in the first place. Saving it there for the night and hopefully get some kind of silverware from these last 3 games of the season because it has been a tough year with injuries and the players deserve something for their efforts.

Got an absolute mad week or so coming up

Wednesday - league

Saturday - CL final

Tuesday - Cup final

Thursday - league game (which happens to be against 2nd placed sparta)

Saturday - final league game

Our lead at the top has gone from 11 points to 1 in recent weeks and with this fixture list we could end up with nothing :(

What happened there?

What happened there?

Injuries, at one stage we had 10 out plus 2 suspensions. I started a few games with at least 7 players 18 or under because I had no choice but to do it. Mahon has been out since October, Vrba had a 3 month spell, Novak 2 months, Bustamente 4 months, Vacek 6 weeks, Sokolik 5 months so that's 6 starters with long term ones.

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - January - June 2021/22

KTsy5Sh.png

CQV6Hhg.png

m3b3GLr.png

rwN1w0V.png

ZlYLb2w.png

WPUWdhi.png

4SxIVur.png

Managers Thoughts

That was one of the toughest seasons i've had in all honesty in all my time on FM. I've never known as many injury problems as what we've had so to make the CL final and do a domestic double (though we nearly threw that away) was fantastic and made it worth while in the end. It probably didn't help that I continued to take the cup seriously apart from the 1st leg of the semi final (and the final itself was mostly kids due to playing Sparta 2 days later) but next season it will be kids and reserves only as long as we are in Europe because the fixure list in the last month was horrendous.

There's going to be a busy summer ahead, a new goalkeeper, right back, CB and CM are all priorities and if need be i'm going to go against my 21 and under rule (to be fair I already did this with Gonzales anyway) if the player seems to be an ideal tutor for the younger lads. One player I won't be getting is Mares who agreed to sit in Arsenal's u21 squad rather than take a £12k a week wage and first team football :( I'll do a full transfer update later on and a bit about our youth players who have a really good chance of making it.

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners
Slavia Praha         2020/21  Czech First Division        2nd         Cup Winners 
Slavia Praha         2021/22  Czech First Division        1st         League and Cup Winners

Superb updates mate, totally hooked! Needing a new laptop so reading these keeps me ticking over in FM terms :)

Glad you are enjoying the thread mate :thup: Once you get the laptop get your career on here, even if we don't always comment people on here do read the stories and it's a quite friendly section of the forum

Sometimes cup and league games near the end were tough enough without Europe as well.

It was horrible near the end so i'm really going to take a bit of time this pre season and basically going to have a first XI a second XI and a group of 10 youngsters who can fill in, loans out are at a minimum this year in what to be honest may be my last season if people keep wanting to move like the last year.

That win over Sparta in the penultimate game looks like it was crucial. If I'm not wrong, were you a point behind them going into it?

It was vital as it put us 4 points clear and won us the title, I played kids on the final day with the league secured so it turned out a very good point to be fair.

Co-efficients

HXNztuz.png

Pretty disappointing overall is the best way of putting it, some good rises for Serbia and Bulgaria though

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - Actually survived last season and finished 7th

FK Metalurg Skopje - Won the league and finished 3rd in their CL group before losing to Sporting in the first Europa knockout

FC Viitorul - 4th

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros - Spent £8.7M and won the domestic treble again, improved the facilities at both levels 3 times now too.

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Only spent £250k and finished 5th

Teplice - Finished 6th as you'd have seen in the league table after spending £11M

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - Pre season 2022/23

T9ViY6h.png

hRJSgMP.png

RUZ9Otl.png

jfznRni.png

cxnpJxC.png

kxbqBMK.png

Jn7IMDJ.png

zKmlWvY.png

ZW1JEiH.png

8CaDZ87.png

NmqgD4w.png

Managers Thoughts

As I threatened i've completely done a reshape of the side, 3 CM's in and 3 out which improves us a lot in that area and the same in defence. Flavio was on loan with us last season and ended up being first choice keeper after Christmas but this year he'll have to make do with a couple of league and cup games as Otto is first choice in that position in a definite upgrade in goal. Hansen is a player we may not have needed right now but at 16 he already looks exceptional and with the amount of bids coming in for Cizek and Vacek it's it's inevitable that Cizek at least will leave at some point, thankfully though Vacek seems loyal to the club and a small pay rise usually wins him over easily :D

I was surprised to see Gribbin transfer listed for such a low price as I had been tracking him all season and even at Christmas Norwich rejected a £2.5M offer and even with Norwich's relegation it was still a good deal as the lad is highly rated.

One problem we've had with the dealings out is that it looks a lot on paper in terms of fees but most have 12 month installments on them which has hindered my chances of getting the full backs I wanted, hopefully we can get that sorted in January. One thing I did insist on all out going transfers was at least 20% of the next sale, a couple had 50% if I felt the offer was too low so hopefully that will earn a couple of million for us.

I know there was a lot of swapping around this window, my busiest since the first at the club but as I said at the time it was always my intention to buy cheap/free and make profits. I've not sold for selling sake in all honesty, i've weeded out all the ones who have caused me problems with transfer requests all year in midfield because I felt they had reached their peak or at least close to it and with last seasons CL run being so close to actually winning the thing i've improved there to give us a better chance for next season.

The defence was a slightly more different approach, I just sold the ones that I felt were no good because even though we had a tough run towards the end of the season I felt those that went were responsible for us nearly throwing it away and tbh i'm pretty ruthless if players wind me up on the pitch :D

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - July - August 2022/23

pFtxhj6.png

sLaYJAu.png

9329fhm.png

Managers Thoughts

It should be a perfect month as we absolutely battered every side we played which is frustrating to say the least. There was positives from the way we played though so i'm confident it will come together at some point.

The CL sees a tough group handed to us but in all honesty there wasn't a single group i'd have preferred as they were all extremely tough ones. We do have the fact that we've already beaten Monaco on our side, but I don't see Sporting being an easy game either.

Not bad start in the league but good thing you only a point behind ;) Incredible tough CL group but I think you can get 3rd :thup:

2 points behind now, it's rotation that's put us a bit behind but confident we can make that gap up

3rd? After doing the double over Bayern i'd be gutted if we didn't top it now :eek::D

XXGTVIy.png

kpjqDPP.png

Excellent effort last season,shame about the loss to Juventus but it was a good effort in just getting to the final!

Cheers mate, Wasn't losing to them that bothered me it was the performance which was bobbins that I hated :mad::D

Good work in the champions league! But how shocking is Bayern there?! :eek:

I was genuinely concerned about this group but it's been simple to get out of :eek: Bayern won't even be in the Europa by my reckoning :D

Wow, who is Bayern manager? :eek:

Brendan Rodgers :D Not going well in the league either, sat in 6th, knocked out of the cup by 2nd division Kaisersautern. Still got Gotze, Lewandowski, Alaba, Neuer and Muller so a lot of rebuilding needs to be done there

Archived