You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator 3

Dexter_Morgan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Co-efficients

ReIuXZA.png

Been a really poor year for the Iron Curtain really with only Bosnia and Poland rising in the top 30. It was my intention to get straight back in to a bigger nation but i've changed my mind for the time being

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - 2nd

FK Metalurg Skopje - League and cup winners

FC Viitorul - 2nd in 2nd division

Slavia Praha - League winners

FK Borac - League and cup winners

Tycoon Watch

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - 4th after spending £1.1M

Teplice - Finished 3rd £1.7M

FC Vysočina Jihlava - Spent £300K and finished 12th, chairman withdrew funding

FC Caransebeş - Spent £10M and won the title (as you'd expect really :D)

CS Mioveni - Spent £4.65M and finished 3rd which is a huge improvement

Anywhere particular you want to end up?

I've already got my new club, i'll reveal it later when I get a chance to play as i've taken charge and that's it so far but it is kind of a side wards step in terms of league rep and I kind of regret leaving Montenegro now but i'm not a believer in reloading unless there's a crash dump or other technical thing wrong with the game so i'm getting on with it, all I will say is the club has been mentioned as a possible side in this thread already ;)

dU6FcJV.png

Chapter VII: FC Skonto Riga

ODadoLG.png

aGt7frC.png

8Lv7sKB.png

NaV5A62.png

Managers Thoughts

I didn't have to wait too long for a new job to pop up as former manager Sargis Hovsepyan took the Vitesse job that had been offered to me previously. As I said in my previous post this is kind of a side wards step in terms of league rep but I have always fancied a go at Skonto as i've always seen it as a club with potential in FM terms, the city of Riga is the largest of the Baltic states, the facilities are pretty good and have a history of titles right from their beginning in 1991.

Just like in real life Skonto have struggled in Europe, the 3rd qualifying round of the CL is their best piece of progression in the last 10 seasons in game, finances are in the red so even though the league should be easy each year European runs are what i'm aiming for and i'm not giving myself any kind of limit here, it could be 5 years or 10 depending how it goes but this is probably going to be my hardest challenge since Estonia. The league rules state only 5 foreigners so i'll be taking the approach I did at Borac signing the best homegrown players available (one difference is i'll raid other clubs in the division as the league probably won't be strong enough for other clubs to compete in Europe for a while) and raiding the free transfer market for South Americans and Africans to not only dominate the division but help with a step by step progression in Europe and upgrading these players whenever possible.

As I said I have really fancied a shot at Skonto for a while so this a challenge i'm really looking forward to so there's no time limit on it as my next move unless it's Dinamo Tbilisi will be at a bigger nation and my aim is to do a few big nations for a while and then work my way back down in a couple of months as Montenegro is still on my list to do a few years at and following the big club in a lesser nation road like Skonto I really want a shot at Sheriff (no pun intended :D) too

dU6FcJV.png

FC Skonto Riga August - November 2028

Rw72i4J.png

1xmE2qu.png

55QayTg.png

gCfs5fo.png

fwAl1Kb.png

70TfQ8L.png

Managers Thoughts

The title is always the bare minimum I have to get here and we finished the season strongly to claim that. I'm still getting to grips with the squad at the moment and one thing i've learnt already is that the standard of Latvians is really poor, probably more so than in Montenegro so getting facilities built up a bit more is going to be vital to produce our own players. Even if I had the sort of money I did at Borac we'd still be reliant on overseas players for Europe especially.

There is no chance of overseas players gaining nationality either just to add to the difficulty of this challenge which does worry me a little but at the same time gives a bit of difficulty that I relish too as I have to pick my players carefully. Short term I certainly hope we get a bit of luck to make the CL group though a Europa group spot would please me as this league needs an increased rep from getting past the qualifiers in Europe and one 3rd round in 10 years previously isn't good enough.

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners
Slavia Praha         2020/21  Czech First Division        2nd         Cup Winners 
Slavia Praha         2021/22  Czech First Division        1st         League and Cup Winners
Slavia Praha         2022/23  Czech First Division        1st         League and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2023/24 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League winners
Borac Banja Luka     2024/25 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League and Cup winners
Borac Banja Luka     2025/26 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup winners and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2026/27 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, WCC Winners
FK Mladost CKB       2027/28 Montenegrin First League     2nd
FC Skonto Riga       2028    Latvian Higher League        1st         League Winners 

Sweet, Skonto Riga! Home of Marian Pahars, The Latvian Michael Owen.

:D I'd happily take another Pahars tbh and the intake is due next month.

I'll do a report tomorrow but through to the group stage of the CL, beating Slavia 5-3 on aggregate, Zalgiris 5-4 on aggregate and Beroe 3-2 on agg. Got Real Madrid, Zenit and Maccabi Haifa which isn't too bad really as I think there's a chance of beating Maccabi Haifa but even so just to get to the group is a big plus as straight away it's allowed me to invest in training, youth and youth coaching and should give us a decent budget for next season.

dU6FcJV.png

FC Skonto Riga January - August 2029

IdKWyWl.png

gAOgK3q.png

FZwedSt.png

7JLqWWN.png

waWFZKA.png

Managers Thoughts

As expected the league so far is comfortable, the defeat in the cup was a huge disappointment though and a bit of a shock as it was a strong side that I put out but I can't really complain as we just weren't good enough.

In Europe we surprised everyone including myself in our comeback against my former side Slavia Praha, the victory against Macedonian side Zalgiris was more comfortable and then we had another comeback at home against Bulgarian side Beroe to get in to the group stage. There we face Maccabi Haifa, Zenit and Real Madrid in a really tough group. Obviously i'd hope to pick up points against Maccabi Haifa at home at least but i'm not really expecting much else from the other 5 games.

Getting to the group stages has allowed me to build the training facilities and improve the youth coaching which is my main goal for the club along with financial stability and a boost in the nations rankings rather than aiming to win anything in Europe as I believe that will take too much time given that the division is ranked in the 70's

dU6FcJV.png

FC Skonto Riga August - November 2029

l13ShqR.png

AuWLqFF.png

F9xQFRM.png

1K6HxKP.png

nPCW0Rw.png

8HxoHvS.png

Managers Thoughts

Very happy with the season apart from our poor league form towards the end of it but the title was secured it it seemed like the usual FM thing of the players switching off once that happened plus a few games before CL fixtures where a few players would be rested probably didn't help.

I hoped we could get something from the Maccabi Haifa fixtures in the group and it was pleasing to do the double over them to guarantee 3rd spot but this win at home to Zenit meant if Bayern won against them in the final set of games and we avoided defeat in Israel we'd take 2nd spot and it more than went to plan as turned it around late in Israel and Bayern secured a 2-0 win in Russia. We play Manu Utd next.

Coly wants to leave and in all honesty I can't stand in his way if a good bid comes in so i've got a few replacements lined up and hopefully we can improve the quality of foreigners in general in the squad during the transfer window.

We have 2 promising talents come through the intake this year with Pavliks being the more exciting one and with the improvements in the facilities I am hoping this keeps happening as it's important for the club to keep doing so.

AgQDd9h.png

NQ8QuQJ.png

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners
Slavia Praha         2020/21  Czech First Division        2nd         Cup Winners 
Slavia Praha         2021/22  Czech First Division        1st         League and Cup Winners
Slavia Praha         2022/23  Czech First Division        1st         League and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2023/24 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League winners
Borac Banja Luka     2024/25 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League and Cup winners
Borac Banja Luka     2025/26 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup winners and Champions League Winners
Borac Banja Luka     2026/27 Bosnian Premier League       1st         League, Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, WCC Winners
FK Mladost CKB       2027/28 Montenegrin First League     2nd
FC Skonto Riga       2028    Latvian Higher League        1st         League Winners
FC Skonto Riga       2029    Latvian Higher League        1st         League Winners

Excellent first season in Latvia :thup:

Cheers mate, it's pretty tough here as the quality of the homegrown players isn't that great so the foreigners are what are making the difference at the minute otherwise i'd say the top 3 or so would be pretty even, if I can get this division to grow hopefully they'll be able to build up themselves though with making and getting out of the CL group plus the £8M in TV money and whatever we earn in the knockouts to come we're still in a position to be miles ahead of the rest for the short term at least.

Another tycoon this time in Slovakia, I just hope as a struggling club it isn't a pointless one

yNq2F3y.png

SkZhkfS.png

Co-efficients

Division                      2014  2019  2024  2029   Rise/Drop    Highest Rank           Lowest Rank
Albanian Superleague           65th  64th  63rd  74th   -9           51st (2020)            76th (2017)
Armenian High League           88th  80th  75th  68th   +20          68th (2029)            88th (2014)
Belarusian Highest League      22nd  30th  33rd  33rd   -11          22nd (2014,15)         34th (2017,2027)
Bosnian Premier League         47th  47th  48th  20th   +27          20th (2029)            59th (2017)
Bulgarian A Group              31st  24th  17th  18th   +13          13th (2023)            31st (2014)
Croatian First Division        20th  12th  14th  16th   +4           11th (2018)            20th (2014)
Czech First Division           14th  21st  10th  12th   +2           9th  (2025)            21st (2019)
Estonian Premier League        89th  75th  84th  74th   +15          74th (2029)            96th (2022)
(FYR) Macedonian First League  67th  67th  38th  52nd   +15          37th (2023)            80th (2017)
Georgian Umaghlesi Liga        43rd  48th  57th  55th   -12          42nd (2015)            57th (2024)
Hungarian Division I           30th  25th  19th  15th   +15          15th (2029)            32nd (2016,17)
Latvian Higher League          58th  86th  79th  75th   -17          58th (2014)            91st (2021)
Lithuanian A League            66th  76th  73rd  71st   -5           66th (2014)            79th (2016)
Moldovan Divizia Nationala     38th  49th  80th  96th   -58          38th (2014)            96th (2029)
Montenigrin First League       61st  50th  64th  85th   -24          47th (2020)            85th (2029)
Polish Ekstraklasa             21st  22nd  13th  11th   +10          10th (2028)            27th (2016)
Romanian Liga I                16th  26th  24th  21st   -6           16th (2014,2021)       26th (2019)
Russian Premier Division       7th   6th   6th   6th    +1           6th  (2016-2029)       7th  (2014,15)
Serbian Superleague            26th  27th  16th  34th   +2           16th (2024)            33rd (2020)
Slovak First Division          36th  63rd  55th  64th   -28          36th (2014)            64th (2029)
Slovenian First League         35th  34th  27th  17th   +18          13th (2028)            35th (2014)
Ukrainian Premier League       8th   8th   8th   9th    -1           7th  (2018)            11th (2029)

Risers 12

Drops 10

Remained 1

Highest Risers +27 Bosnia

Biggest Fallers - 58 Moldova

Competition Winners

World Cup

2018 - Japan

2022 - Italy

2026 - Germany

European Championships

2016 - Italy

2020 - Spain

2024 - Italy

2028 - Holland

Copa America

2015 - Brazil

2016 - Colombia

2019 - Argentina

2023 - Argentina

2027 - Brazil

Champions League

krqQRfk.png

g70wJ1C.png

FY0gwZ3.png

Europa League

DqwYcwk.png

RK8Fsxi.png

mrMxphN.png

Club World Cup

He6zM86.png

AQ60ZSa.png

NuCymtN.png

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - 3rd

FK Metalurg Skopje - 2nd

FC Viitorul - 2nd in 2nd division

Slavia Praha - League winners

FK Borac - League and cup winners

Mladost CBK - 2nd

Tycoon Watch

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - 6th after spending £785k

Teplice - Finished 10th and won the cup after spending £5.75M

FC Caransebeş - Spent £975k and finished 10th (First Division)

CS Mioveni - Spent £2.9M and promoted which is a huge improvement

Some cracking work in the Champions League. Bayern must have gone to town on everyone for the three other teams to have negative goal difference.

Cheers mate, think it was a case of Bayern being good and the rest poor tbh, played .United in the knockout and gave them a game for 70 mins of the 1st leg only to lose 4-2 and then hammered 5-0 at Old Trafford which is a bit like the Bayern games in the group in terms of putting a fight up for a while

How are you getting so many tycoon takeovers on your save :D

To be fair there's only 5/6 active ones at a time, quite a few withdraw their funding after a couple of years. Hrvatski Dragovoljac's one has invested more in facilities than players over the years, I kind of regret not going there when I had a chance but I had only just moved to Romania at the time and would have stayed there if it wasn't for the Slavia job. The only successful one really is Borac and that is probably only because I took that job. The Bosnian Premier league is actually 13th in the rankings now :eek: So the effect of me being there has obviously helped the other clubs too.

dU6FcJV.png

FC Skonto Riga January - August 2030

Transfers

hxdx41p.png

PanY6mW.png

xXyvOua.png

M5ZzHE2.png

Hnt4EXW.png

jK6pPAE.png

CP0Qr2q.png

RICILDh.png

wChxMB5.png

VQjG2ap.png

5OddCws.png

n1zARxn.png

hxdx41p.png

Managers Thoughts

Reasonably happy with the way the season is going so far, we had a bit of a dodgy spell at the start of the season including another frustrating cup defeat but the form has picked up in recent months which has seen us go on an unbeaten spell.

I went a bit overboard with transfers in but we needed the strengthening in all honesty as we lost a few home grown players which was addressed with the 3 signings and bringing in 2 from the youth squad, in regard to the foreigners i've kind of got myself in a situation similar to Borac at the beginning where there's a few more in the squad than allowed in the first team but these were with Europe in mind mostly and also rotation so that they don't get overplayed.

The CL group is tougher than last year so it is certainly a case of aim for 3rd.

Excellent start so far,hopefully you can pull an upset off in the Champions League!

Cheers mate, in all honesty i'm not really bothered how we do in the CL, the Dinamo Zagreb job has been insecure for a while and if that comes up i'm off :D If not then i'll be off at the end of the season anyway I reckon as it'll be a good place to hold this and start my FM09 thread ;)

Wow, Newcastle in Champions League? :eek: Tough group, hope you can surprise everyone.

Cheers mate, Newcastle have been decent for a couple of seasons now in all honesty and even won it against my Slavia Prague side a few seasons back.

That would have been in the last update as this is a summer division. I was hammered 9-2 on aggregate by United :D

Save is on hold for a little while now as I focus on FM 09 for a bit as over 2 months in the same game world is feeling a little stale (that and I think I shouldn't have gone to Latvia as i'm not really enjoying it)

Archived