You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator 3

Dexter_Morgan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going well so far mate especially in Europe and not that surprised with Shakhtar winning the Champions League but then it's still an amazing acheivement by them.

Cheers mate, i'm glad the AI is keeping clubs strong enough to do well in previous years apart from Russia most nations struggle quite a bit until I manage a team there so help with the AI makes it better from my point of view

Doing very well so far,hopefully the money from Europe can help you develop the facilities!Don't think it will be too long before you get into the knockout stages either :D

Cheers mate, i'm not sure if I will go past this season in Macedonia really to even make it in the knockout, certainly not more than next season because the facilities at other clubs are so poor I don't see many bringing in good youth intakes year on year for the other clubs to compete. The money we gained from last years CL paid for upgrades for ourselves and i'll make sure we keep improving them until I do leave but the other clubs rarely get past the 1st qualifying round of the Europa so staying here would be too much of a long term task.

I'm aiming for a level just below Czech Republic, Poland, Romania ect; for my next move but above where I am now which is this lot.

MZQI7hy.png

I've just spent an hour or so looking at clubs facilities in these levels and there's a few clubs in each that interest me, I've made a little rule up for my side not to go for the very top jobs in any nation (apart from Red Star Belgrade as they are my favourite side to be on FM and fully intend to have a go at some point :D) unless the facilities in the rest are really bad but do want half decent facilities in place (anything average or above if possible ) because I've read a theory that on this FM even if your youth coaching and recruitment are at a decent level the standard of youth training also affects the standard this year (kind of like the old days before the coaching and recruitment were brought in) and thinking about it I think it could well be the case because my youth coaching at First Vienna in another save was maxed out but the training and youth facilities were nowhere near the same level and I may have had a few decent prospects but nothing like I would have done in previous FM's with the coaching at the same level. So obviously with this in mind and me not wanting more than 5 seasons at a club the training has to be at a decent starting level from now just so I can keep them strong as possible for when I do leave.

The clubs i've targeted to try for next are

Bosnia FK Zeljeznicar, FK Sarajevo,

Georgia Saburtalo Tbilisi, Lokomotivi Tbilisi, Spartaki Tskhinvali, FC Torpedo Kutaisi

Moldova Zimbru Chisinau, FC Tiraspol, CSCA-Rapid Ghidighici, Sfintul Gheorghe Suruceni (though Sheriff is tempting as there would be a lot of work needed with this lot)

Montenegro FK Zeta Golubovci, FK Buducnost Podgorica

Slovakia MFK Zemplin Michalovce (really want this one tbh and i'd apply right now if it was available :D), FK Senica, MFK Kosice, Dukla Banska Bystrica, MFK Dubnica, Tatran Presov

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje July - August 2018/19

JPwPfam.png

neEAy0f.png

CPkjWEd.png

F8Hn9xk.png

QUPyO4q.png

Managers Thoughts

I can't be anything other than happy with the start to the season in all honesty. I never expected to get past Olympiacos let alone Sparta Prague who were really tough opponents and tbh we were lucky to still have a chance in the 2nd leg as they were superb at our place in the 1st.

Jakimovski.....what a signing he's turned out to be already :D 15 goals and 6 assists in 14 games would be pleasing from a striker but from a CM it is insane :eek: He has fitted the system brilliantly and though I did expect him to be a good signing considering he has done well at Vardar I didn't expect anything like this.

We had one defeat in the league which in all honesty was a game i'd expect even the reserve side I put out to win but considering we had 2 extra CL games this season to fit in too the start is much better than last years domestic one where we only had 5 points at this stage.

The CL group is a lot worse than last seasons as even the 3rd ranked side should be battering us seeing as they are from the German league. If we don't pick any points up from our first 2 games (Zenit away and Freiburg home) then I am going to resign early because the temptation to do it at the end of the season is there anyway and this squad should walk the league and do well in the cup again so Europe is the only exciting part left for me at the club so if it looks like we can't at least have a chance of 3rd in the group I feel that i'd be wasting half a year that I could be spending building a new side ready for next season.

Not only did you win, the game against Frieburg, you held your own according to the stats so it was no fluke. Good job. :thup:

This one considering their squad and how Barca and Dortmund hammered us last season is an even better result

11CquRB.png

That puts us and Arsenal 4 points clear of 3rd placed Zenit. 3 points from the next 3 will see us through to the knockout :eek: Considering we have Arsenal and Freiburg away Zenit at home seems the only place we are likely to get that though.

Gutted I have to go work to work soon really as this has been one of those seasons you want to keep playing and playing so far :mad::D

dLIOOZk.png

FK Metalurg Skopje September - January 2018/19

5EJq1B5.png

cqkSaA4.png

OOOKQ6s.png

pWTDLOz.png

Ja9Q1nu.png

a4RDqpl.png

Managers Thoughts

Absolutely superb section of the season for us as we finished 2nd in our CL group thanks to completing a double over both Zenit and Freiburg. The Arsenal game went slightly worse than expected but I guess when you expect to lose it doesn't really matter how much it is by and it was a one off poor performance from the first team this season.

The league is as good as won, 7 points from as many games is all that's needed and could be even less than that. Another cup semi is also in the bag.

We play Real Madrid in the CL knockout but this is where the twist happens......

uVNNGow.png

People will probably question this decision but it is quite a simple one to explain really :D

I had already made my mind up I was leaving at the end of the season, with Real Madrid being the opposition in the CL we have no chance of winning that which leaves 2 maybe 3 league games I need to worry about and the cup semis and with this side I expect i'd clear up again domestically. There is £19M in the bank which is more than enough at this level and i'd already had training, youth training and youth coaching agreed a month before I finally did leave so there's some things there to help the club along way, I also managed to get 4 homegrown players better than most homegrowns already in the squad to join for next season on Bosmans and with at least another £5M or so of CL prize and TV money to come I know that even by leaving now the clubs future is secure as long as the board pick my replacement carefully.

Obviously in a position like Metalurg's most managers would have seen the year out but for the reasons above knowing the club is in the best possible shape both on and off the pitch for next season I just felt this was a perfect time to start looking for a new club and give me a few months head start of getting tactics drilled in to my new side if a job comes along and gives me a bit of extra time to scout than i'd have if i'd have seen the season out in Macedonia.

The main reason I had pre decided I was leaving which was originally planned to be the end of the season was because i've turned this division from being a 1 horse race with Vardar to a 1 horse race against ourselves. The rest of the division (Vardar included) are hopeless in Europe and there just didn't seem like there'd be much chance of the division improving as a whole any time soon unless we continued to do as we have in Europe, as much fun as it is winning titles I do like a challenge or at least the other sides to improve enough in time to help them rise in Europe, when this clearly isn't happening then I lose all interest :D

when you expect to lose it doesn't really matter how much it is by and it was a one off poor performance from the first team this season

Not when you get hammered 8-1 by Red Star in the away leg of a Europa League qualifier. Also conceded 4 at home to Vardar although otherwise my team's done well in the 2nd season (finished 3rd in season 1, currently 2nd).

I cannot say I'm too surprised you left considering that Vardar are really poor and otherwise there's no other competition anyway.

Not when you get hammered 8-1 by Red Star in the away leg of a Europa League qualifier. Also conceded 4 at home to Vardar although otherwise my team's done well in the 2nd season (finished 3rd in season 1, currently 2nd).

I cannot say I'm too surprised you left considering that Vardar are really poor and otherwise there's no other competition anyway.

Apart from the Arsenal game my goals against went down considerably after signing Martin Bogatinov, if you can afford him i'd definitely say he's worth the £250k even for his age as a short term solution, unless of course you want to use a foreigner spot in goal but I don't like the idea of that myself when you can improve the outfield with those spots. Hopefully you'll keep improving and push Vardar :thup:

It's pretty much as you said about my competition, if I had even one more side able to do anything in Europe i'd have stayed for longer but I was facing a losing battle which is why I left early.

Good reign at Skopje. :thup:

Cheers mate, i've just got to March and been offered a really interesting job so going to post that once I take the screenshots

KPAMehG.png

Chapter III: FC Viitorul Constanța

fanqmyD.png

fanqmyD.png

4pxFq9Z.png

2Ud5IoY.png

cgRIwEQ.png

Managers Thoughts

I didn't really want to go to a country with as high a rep as Romania at the minute but nothing else stood out. Viitorul did stand out in my other criteria of not being a top side and having decent facilities, in fact these are better than decent and leaning more towards the top end which means for the early part at least I can put money in to the playing staff rather than the facilities.

There's 10 games of the season left to play and only 4 points to make up, of which only 3 of those games are against sides anywhere near us so I feel that if we can click early we will have a great chance of sneaking in to the top 2. This side has been relegated twice since the save began which suggests there is enough to do well in this division but improvement is needed to build the side in to a stable top division club so i've already got on to the scouts to get looking in areas I think we can improve and hopefully by the end of the season some funds will be in place to get some players in.

KPAMehG.png

FC Viitorul Constanța March - June 2018/19

SMwUTyn.png

896KiB1.png

cuyULV8.png

Managers Thoughts

Goal achieved with some brilliant football and a good return of 37 goals in 10 games. The title came down to the last day of the season in a game I didn't even notice earlier when I said we only play 3 of the teams around us but luckily for us we did have this game as both sides went out for the win in what has been the most nervous game so far in the save.

9iZ76gZ.png

KOANTv8.png

After racing ahead we found ourselves being pegged back every time we looked to be home and dry and on the 83rd minute we were back to being sat in 3rd on league sorting rules. We took the lead the lead in our game and then seconds later Chaijna went 2-1 down in their game meaning if that score stayed the same and we avoided defeat we'd get the playoff spot at worst but thankfully Marin added his 2nd in injury time to put our game to bed and make us champions and secure the only automatic spot in the division.

As i've said there were a lot of jobs that were too appealing to not try and go for so I felt it would be easier to leave and apply for these jobs as a free man.

ZH6CmQS.png

I'm not going to reveal who I have taken charge of yet as I want to do the co-efficient post before concentrating on my new club post but I will say it's one of these clubs

BATE

NK Domzale

Slask Wroclaw

Mlada Boleslav

SK Slavia Prague

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season, resigned  

Co-efficients 5 year Review

Rather than just do screenshots for the 5 year review i've decided to put a detailed graph up of the top divisions in each nation of where they were at the beginning of the save and where they are now and a highest each has been. I'd appreciate a comment on if I should carry on doing it this way on the 5 yearly one or just go back to the screenshots please as it has taken quite a bit of time to do :)

Division                          Co-eff 2014      Co-eff 2019    Rise/Drop    Highest Rank           Lowest Rank
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albanian Superleague               65th             64th           +1           64th (2019)            76th (2017)
Armenian High League               88th             80th           +8           79th (2017)            88th (2014)
Belarusian Highest League          22nd             30th           -8           22nd (2014,15)         34th (2017)
Bosnian Premier League             47th             47th           0            47th (2014,2019)       59th (2017)
Bulgarian A Group                  31st             24th           +7           21st (2018)            31st (2014)
Croatian First Division            20th             12th           +8           11th (2018)            20th (2014)
Czech First Division               14th             21st           -7           14th (2014,15,16)      21st (2019)
Estonian Premier League            89th             75th           +14          75th (2019)            89th (2014)
(FYR) Macedonian First League      67th             67th           0            66th (2015)            80th (2017)
Georgian Umaghlesi Liga            43rd             48th           -5           42nd (2015)            48th (2019)
Hungarian Division I               30th             25th           +5           25th (2019)            32nd (2016,17)
Latvian Higher League              58th             86th           -8           58th (2014)            86th (2019)
Lithuanian A League                66th             76th           -10          66th (2014)            79th (2016)
Moldovan Divizia Nationala         38th             49th           -11          38th (2014)            42nd (2017)
Montenigrin First League           61st             50th           +11          50th (2017,18,19)      59th (2015)
Polish Ekstraklasa                 21st             22nd           -1           20th (2015)            27th (2016)
Romanian Liga I                    16th             26th           -10          16th (2014)            26th (2019)
Russian Premier Division           7th              6th            +1           6th (2016,17,18,19)    7th  (2014,15)
Serbian Superleague                26th             27th           -1           26th (2014,15)         28th (2016)
Slovak First Division              36th             63rd           -27          36th (2014)            63rd (2019)
Slovenian First League             35th             34th           -1           26th (2017)            35th (2014)
Ukrainian Premier League           8th              8th            0            7th (2018)             8th  (2014,15,16,17,19)

Risers 8

Drops 10

Remained 3

Highest Risers +14 Estonia

Biggest Fallers - 27 Slovakia

Competition Winners

World Cup 2018 - Japan :eek::eek::eek:

European Championships 2016 - Italy

Copa America - 2015 - Brazil, 2016 - Colombia

Champions League

FY0gwZ3.png

Europa League

mrMxphN.png

Club World Cup

NuCymtN.png

Former Club Watch

Pärnu Linnameeskond - Promoted back up

FK Metalurg Skopje - League winners, Cup finalists

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros - Spent £4.75M and finished 3rd

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Spent £1.1M and finished 6th

3uI6bPU.png

Chapter IV: SK Slavia Praha

5pmWhY6.png

wF1nPJL.png

gdmWa5G.png

Managers Thoughts

The quality of jobs available this summer just turned my head so much that I know I would have regretted it if I didn't try and get one of them, bar the ones I was offered that I mentioned earlier Litex, Terek Grozny, Lokomotiv Moscow, Maribor and Slovan Bratislava were amongst the jobs available but this is the one I really wanted. A fallen giant with huge potential was my feeling when I seen the job was available and the potential looks even better when I see some of the youngsters that are here already

LSgwPz0.png

vcKp38c.png

RIRGWCy.png

XZnUW0A.png

and that is only picking out the top 4, there's potentially another 5 or 6 that could make it.

Bar the finances this fills with with as much excitement as I had with Red Star in the first version of this save and because of that - sacking apart, i'm setting no time limit on this unless Red Star come calling again. This side missed out on promotion on the head to head rule last season and having just looked a spell of 5 draws in a row and a draw on the final day is all that cost them promotion, this year I will accept nothing else but winning the title.

I'm setting myself a rule for this and that is not to sign anyone over 21 unless they are Czech just as I did at Red Star (obviously that was with Serbians though :D)

I'm predicting a repeat of Metalurg Skopje here. Promotion and then the title maybe?:D Won't bet against it.;)

As for Bogatinov - £250k, you say? I doubt I can get him with a wage budget of £9k per week and a grand transfer budget of £13.:rolleyes:

I'm predicting a repeat of Metalurg Skopje here. Promotion and then the title maybe?:D Won't bet against it.;)

As for Bogatinov - £250k, you say? I doubt I can get him with a wage budget of £9k per week and a grand transfer budget of £13.:rolleyes:

No chance of a Skopje repeat straight after promotion :D The top flight is pretty strong and there's probably 4 sides that can win the title, as you'll see in my report in a while we're not even top in our division at the minute but that could be a team gelling thing because there was lots of ins and outs over the summer.

Surprised your finances aren't that great with Pelister, seemed to be doing ok financially in my save but just wasted their budgets on dross :D

Good to see you follow in my footsteps ;)

Know what? I've always been a Sparta man myself if I start a career game in Czech Republic but when I seen the Slavia job come up I remembered the similarities your time there with them being in the 2nd division on my save too :D I seem to remember you quite enjoyed your time there as well which made my mind up to try. That's where the following stops though because I won't be moving to Juventus after here :D

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - June - September 2019/20

i2us562.png

jqqwiAq.png

DW2DdFb.png

wvP01i0.png

3vTJjPk.png

dG8b7eM.png

MtUZF2k.png

uWR4J0x.png

QtlFFDv.png

iEIhFr5.png

Managers Thoughts

I better do this before I get ahead of myself in terms of playing without an update :D

The side hasn't started quite as well as my other sides have but there's been a lot of ins and out and this is the reason why

C5PxuHz.png

fRXfqNt.png

These are 2 spells of results from last season (so before my time) which are absolutely shocking for a side as big as this in the 2nd division so I pretty much decided to get rid of anyone over 25 (which I am still in the process of doing) and give the youngsters a chance along with the new signings who are all 21 or under. My reasoning is that if the senior players can't handle this division (they only needed a point more from one of those spells to go up ffs :D) then we'd buggered in the top flight with them so i'm doing a complete cull this season which is rare for me as I do like to keep a few senior players to help what is usually a more long term transition.

In a first for me (mostly because I want to concentrate on getting out of this division ASAP and play the games) all transfers in have been done by the HOYD, I have had the final say on whether we take them on or not though (bar 2 where I wasn't paying attention and just clicked accept :D). The other thing about this is we may have £5M in the bank but in terms of this division it isn't really a great amount so by letting the HOYD sign players I may not even sign or scouts might miss i'm hoping to make quick profits on players because once promotion is achieved we will need to invest quite a bit to be competitive in the top flight as it is a strong division and because of that I expect if we do go up then there'll be no repeat of Skopje.

We have £1.75M to actually spend (and hopefully more with a couple of players i'm still trying to shift) and all my scouts are sent to look at players 19 and under so once January comes i'll be paying more attention to scouting reports and hand picking players myself rather than the HOYD do it.

Domingos and Stewart who i've put in the U21's for now could really be good, Stewart needs to improve his jumping reach a little before I risk him but I was close to chucking him straight in, Domingos is on an inside forward schedule and maybe get promoted next year. As you say though, the rest I think will probably attract attention as they are in the first team but I expect that and there'll certainly be clauses for any sales so I can make as much as I can out of it :D

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - October - December 2019/20

5deapiZ.png

NmULbvD.png

rg7hh5D.png

Managers Thoughts

A lot happier with the way things are going now, the team seems to be more settled with the tactic and the right results are coming, only little complaint I have is we should be scoring a bit more but to be fair there's been a lot of rotating going on to give the youngsters playing time whenever possible.

We'll be losing Houska at right back to Viktoria Plzen next season so i've responded to that by taking a pair of wingers from their youth team for next year and replaced him with Jakub Sokolik from Lechia on a Bosman (i'll link these up at the end of the season), i'm also looking at the possibility of bringing Petr Cech in if he's available after promotion, his wage demands will hopefully have gone down by then and I feel we could get a year out of him

Good move to Slavia Prague :cool: Good youngsters in the team as well.

Cheers mate, hopefully they will develop in to decent players as i've pretty much put all my eggs in to one basket going down this route now :D

Looks like those youngsters will be really good. Also, this time, our careers are no longer on the same path anymore.

You went to Romania, I have gone to Zalgiris in Lithuania at the start of Macedonia's winter break. Had my eye on them when they were taken over by a tycoon. Sacked their manager for finishing 4th last season. A Welsh tycoon took over a few games into last season. The club is valued at £33M and he's given me £18M for transfers and a wage budget of £350k(spending ~£69k).:eek:

Wants a few high-profile players. I'll see if I can live up to that.

I'd still say your team is easily the best in the division though even with all those youngsters.:D

That's brilliant :D If I see a takeover like that I don't care where I am i'll be off to that club as soon as possible :D Should post in the mini career thread how you get on with that as i'd be interested in it :cool: I'm determined to do a tycoon club at some point on this if it is a weak nation, i'm not usually one for doing tycoons but would be fun in a poor country I think :D I remember on FM09 I was in charge of Halmia in Sweden and on promotion to the 2nd tier a tycoon took over and was throwing £100M+ a season at me :D Had a front line of Cristaldo, Marquinos and Kierrison which was mad seeing as those were the days before dynamic rep. Was the most fun save i've ever had, gutted i've lost that game as it would have been a good thread seeing as that tycoon was hardcoded :D

We play 3rd placed Pardubice when the league restarts, if we win that then I think promotion is practically secured at least.

Know what? I've always been a Sparta man myself if I start a career game in Czech Republic but when I seen the Slavia job come up I remembered the similarities your time there with them being in the 2nd division on my save too :D I seem to remember you quite enjoyed your time there as well which made my mind up to try. That's where the following stops though because I won't be moving to Juventus after here :D

Well time was re-written but you won't be going to Argentina either ;) It was frustrating failing to build on our only title the first time and challenging for it in the first place during the re-run seasons but otherwise I definitely did enjoy it, easily my favourite of the career so far (though there isn't a standout competitor admittedly, Atletico Mineiro would have been before it went wrong) and it will be nice to see someone else take them to even greater heights because I grew rather fond of them.

Sure, I will.:thup:

Looking forward to it :thup:

Well time was re-written but you won't be going to Argentina either ;) It was frustrating failing to build on our only title the first time and challenging for it in the first place during the re-run seasons but otherwise I definitely did enjoy it, easily my favourite of the career so far (though there isn't a standout competitor admittedly, Atletico Mineiro would have been before it went wrong) and it will be nice to see someone else take them to even greater heights because I grew rather fond of them.

Ah I forgot about having to go back :D I definitely plan on making Slavia my first "Super Club" so to speak, in previous threads I've tended to settle for a few years at clubs after the first 2 sides are out of the way and though a lot of my signings have been punts so far those that have made the first team have done well.

I've made 14 signings (well 12 really as I wasn't paying attention on who the HOYD brought in twice :D) and 9 have featured in the first team at some point and 7 are regulars and 2 will probably be getting more games next season, plus another 5 for next season so far and I think the side is strong enough to stay in the top flight at the very worst (i'd hope for a safe mid table now i've added some extra class to the midfield and at CB though).

All we had to do against 2nd placed Znojmo was avoid defeat defeat to win the title but I think this is slightly better :D

ouLMXgN.png

Do it :D I'm usually a Sparta man when in the country but had a few goes at other clubs too and enjoyed it. You can definitely get 10 years+ out of it. In my first Iron Curtain thread Sparta were making CL finals and had countless great regens come through the ranks and by 2025 they were playing in the 67k Nedved Stadium (**** name I know :D) and that was just under AI control :eek:

Pretty glad this happened on the final day of the season and not at the start :D Teplice finished 3rd so expect them to spend and mount a real challenge for promotion next season. I actually hope this goes well for them as the division needs a couple of strong sides (as long as it isn't at my expense obviously :D)

5hLUGs8.png

h40VrOo.png

Do it :D I'm usually a Sparta man when in the country but had a few goes at other clubs too and enjoyed it. You can definitely get 10 years+ out of it. In my first Iron Curtain thread Sparta were making CL finals and had countless great regens come through the ranks and by 2025 they were playing in the 67k Nedved Stadium (**** name I know :D) and that was just under AI control :eek:

I will start a new Czech Republic save for some fun. When I fancy a small break from my documented career save. Only load the Czech league.

You have a lot to answer for Mr Morgan!

I will start a new Czech Republic save for some fun. When I fancy a small break from my documented career save. Only load the Czech league.

You have a lot to answer for Mr Morgan!

You won't regret it :thup:

Enjoying all of this so far and I'm definitely following, especially as the Czech Republic are my next stop :p

You should try and stay for a few seasons mate, brilliant country to manage in :cool: Thanks for the comments about the thread, if I get half the success you have i'd be delighted :thup:

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - January - May 2019/20

Winter Transfers

xIdhBAW.png

Rm6YHFw.png

9ppnIFJ.png

5YiWGiy.png

MOnxGXg.png

Youth Intake

3Ah5KKj.png

TpitVAY.png

Aa91t3B.png

hIO8Nji.png

jWgSDAh.png

jJC3bsG.png

fzplcqp.png

Managers Thoughts

Delighted with the season and the way we stuck at it even though for 26 games Znojmo pushed us really hard, with so many new players in and old faces out this had the potential to be a mess of a season but as I said in my first post in charge the changes really did need to happen because there's no way this club should have to do 2 seasons in the 2nd division and my faith in the youngsters paid off.

I did have a moan about the lack of goal scoring in my last review and I made one simple change in moving the DM to a CM and having the 3 there also attacking and added a play risky passes instruction to the 2 outside midfielders and it seemed to work, even leading to Vadek going from scoring 1 goal in the 1st half of the season to 14 in the 2nd half of it. To be fair to him though he was in and out of the side early in the season but it got to a stage where I felt I had to give him a run of games even if he did badly in them and he more than repaid that trust. I do have a dilemma with him now though as I don't expect in a higher league to get the same ratio as he did towards the end of the season and we have Silva who at the moment is a better player than him who would probably do a better job there then shifted out wide like he has been but I also don't want to ruin Vadek's development... i'm leaning towards keeping faith in Vadek though.

A couple of new signings will be here next season and i'll post them in the pre season report. Hoping to get a few players out on loan too for next season and see how they develop as regulars as there's enough leagues loaded to hopefully gain interest.

Out of all the signings i've made i've not signed a single left back or keeper, that is something else I need to address, there are players in the youth team to take these positions but the keeper is very injury prone which is a shame as I wanted to give him a few games when promotion was secured and for his age he looks really good too which makes it even worse :(

Career Overview

Club                 Season   Division                    Position    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pärnu Linnameeskond  2014     Estonian First League       1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in July 2014 19 games in to season 
Pärnu Linnameeskond  2015     Estonian Premier League     8th
Metalurg Skopje      2015/16  Macedonian Second League    1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2016 19 games in to season
Metalurg Skopje      2016/17  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2017/18  Macedonian First League     1st         League and Cup Winners
Metalurg Skopje      2018/19  Macedonian First League     1st*       *Left In January
Viitorul Constanța   2018/19  Romanian Liga II            1st         League Winners [b]NB:[/b] Joined in March 2019 16 games in to season
Slavia Praha         2019/20  Czech Second Division       1st         League Winners 

Co-efficients

eYAqtlu.png

A bit mixed but the risers were impressive and the Czech Republic getting back in to the top 20 only helps me, Bulgaria doing an 8 place jump is the most impressive, I do need to go there at some point because I aim to tick off all the countries i've not done yet and may even go away from my lesser rep rule for the few I have left to do.

Former Club Watch

ärnu Linnameeskond - Relegated again :D

FK Metalurg Skopje - League winners, Cup Winners - I had a quick look at them in mid season and tbh they weren't looking great, even with the players sold there was enough quality to win the league by more than 5 points. They also messed up in the CL losing to Trencin of Slovakia and then lost again in the Europa play off to Debrecen, 5-1 on aggregate. Not having that at all because the side I left was better than that and the new manager even brought in a few players that I had been tracking :mad:

FC Viitorul - Relegated due to form in play offs, would have stayed up in a normal league season and Dinamo Bucharest would have gone down instead :rolleyes:

Tycoon Watch

Dunaújváros - Spent £6.3M and finished 3rd, won the League Cup

Hrvatski Dragovoljac - Spent £4.5M and finished 3rd

Excellent first season at Slavia,hopefully you can survive your first season comfortably.

Cheers, I hope we can survive too but silly season has kicked in and offers are coming in for my players :D Tbh I have replacements for anyone that goes but I want 50% sell on fees on the ones that go now and would rather take a lower fee to profit long term :D

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - Preseason 2020/21

Yi5GTFT.png

Esd0Cbl.png

9jkzdSu.png

9aHiEya.png

wOF9dxl.png

fDMxqVs.png

Managers Thoughts

A lot less in this season as funds were limited but i'm happy with the dealings as the 2 defenders improve us at both full back positions. Getting Novak back in on loan from Southampton was another good deal for us and with his contract up at the end of the season i'll be looking to nab him on a pre contract in January. Kotalic will play left wing as i've managed to ship Silva out as i've been typing.

As you can see i've managed to shift quite a few players out on loan and hopefully they'll get some playing time and come back next season a lot better off for it.

UqYPfro.png

Delighted the board finally agreed to this after 2 failed attempts, hopefully it will improve the quality coming through even more. My next aim is for the youth training facilities to get a boost.

No aims as such for this season other than safety, but a good cup run will be nice as we were shocking in it last season.

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - July - September 2020/21

hhBfJnW.png

WpFhXWv.png

6xo2q0C.png

6lDDTei.png

D5KY6N5.png

Managers Thoughts

I think it says something about how well we've played that i'm still angry at our one defeat this season, 3-1 up after 73 mins and we threw it away :mad: That result aside we've done a lot better than expected so far, but we're yet to play Sparta or Plzen yet so that should give me a better inication of how good we really are. Points are on the board though and if we carry on at this rate we should be looking at a top half finish.

Glad to have got a new contract but get the feeling I may regret getting the youth facilities upgraded along with it as money isn't too healthy, but do have an eye on a few freebies though so might be able to make some cash by selling a player or 2 (which was always my intention to use this model for the short term anyway tbh)

3uI6bPU.png

SK Slavia Praha - October - December 2020/21

adbXgd5.png

7rCW8wy.png

Hj1Rj5Y.png

mcNxb4h.png

Managers Thoughts

A couple of defeats but nothing too damaging really and for the 2-6 we were missing a few players too which didn't help. Bit hard to say where I feel we will end up at this point of the season, top 4 puts us in Europe but i'd think anyone in the top 7/8 has a chance at this stage as it is pretty close.

I'm reasonably happy with our football this year, we're a newly promoted side in a close division and we've managed to play well, get the right results and bar 2 games we've been solid at the back too which is pleasing as just about every side i've managed on this FM has looked vulnerable :D

Archived