Do you let your players play international friendlies?

I always where possible withdraw my players from internationals except for the end of season. The amount of times you read "player X injured" forces it upon us I suppose.

I had just wrapped up the Premiership on goal difference and as I got knocked out of the FA cup 1 nil away to Millwall, I have no game until the Champions League final against Bayern in 13 days.

Get an announcement about players being called up for friendlies in June so ignore it and let them all play.

Big mistake. Turns out that their are friendlies scheduled for June 4th and the final is on the 3rd.

Ospina called up for Colombia. I decided at the beginning of the season that he would play every cup game and stuck to it. Performed very well and got us to the final. Had to use my 1st choice so no huge problem but it would have been nice for him.

His team mate Balanta who has performed very well in his 32 games also goes.

Also Sanchez called up for Chile.

So 3 big players gone.

Won 5-4 on pens so no real damage but feel for the players who don't get a deserved medal.

Eg2wih.jpg

MpeGFX.jpg

I do let them go, especially if they're unfit or just returning from injury as the extra game time is useful.

I've yet to withdraw a player, but I do use 45minute instructions in the past.

It came back to bite me as well, I had Van Persie and Rooney both crocked on international duty at the same time once! And I had Chelsea as my next game!

I almost always let them play. I actually think I take more pride in my players' individual performance for their national teams than in their individual performance for my own.

Plus if I'm coaching a national team myself I don't want to feel like a hypocrite.

I almost always let them play. I actually think I take more pride in my players' individual performance for their national teams than in their individual performance for my own.

Plus if I'm coaching a national team myself I don't want to feel like a hypocrite.

I too take pride especially if it is a signed or already there youngster, but I also don't mind being a hypocrite. Have managed international teams before and for friendly games withdrawn players :)

I issue the play 45 minutes option for my 1st team players i'd never stand in the way of any player playing for his national side. Any of my players under the age of 21 i don't issue any options i leave it to the national team managers discretion as to how long he plays for. I do this so they get experience on the national stage to aid their development.

I still dont understand why you are allowed to withdraw fully fit players from international friendlies. Makes no sense at all to have that in the game.

Glad it's there. The amount of times I have a player injured is ridiculous. I remember getting a message stating "Jack Wilshere has been injured on International duty for the 3rd time" This was in one season!

I had a feud with Roberto Mancini in FM14. I always withdrew any player that was called up by England after he slagged me off in the media.

Normally I let the players go, it increases their reputation, which in turn could possibly increase my profit if I decide to sell them.

Glad it's there. The amount of times I have a player injured is ridiculous. I remember getting a message stating "Jack Wilshere has been injured on International duty for the 3rd time" This was in one season!

Doesnt really matter, it breaks FIFA's rule when it comes to international players being released. You cannot stop a player from going to play for his national side if he is fit, this feature really has no place in the game.

I have to say I do exactly the same as Champ15. 45mins for first teamers and youth have no instructions(unless that youth happens to be a first teamer still in U21 squad)

For the people who regularly withdraw their players, how often do they become unhappy over this??

I have to say I do exactly the same as Champ15. 45mins for first teamers and youth have no instructions(unless that youth happens to be a first teamer still in U21 squad)

For the people who regularly withdraw their players, how often do they become unhappy over this??

I have never had a player say he is unhappy due to a withdrawal. That happened many incarnations ago but haven't seen it in any version for ages.

Oh if there injured then obviously not FM13 i would always let them go but if they were injured then they stay to get back to fitness...FM15 I'm not managing anybody well renowned so I have no international players. But if I did then they would be free to go

I too take pride especially if it is a signed or already there youngster, but I also don't mind being a hypocrite. Have managed international teams before and for friendly games withdrawn players :)

What if you manage a club and a country?

Lets say you manage Spain and Barcelona. The first game after the international break is against Real Madrid with Atletico Madrid the game thereafter.

You have a tough time of it in the European qualifiers as you are in some sort of group of death.

You are on shaky ground here and support from the fans is turning against you.

Do you a) call up your Barcelona players because you are under pressure to get a result, or b) don't call them up in case they get injured and you need them for the games against the Madrid teams, but knowing it may cost you your job as the national team manager if you lose.

What if you manage a club and a country?

Lets say you manage Spain and Barcelona. The first game after the international break is against Real Madrid with Atletico Madrid the game thereafter.

You have a tough time of it in the European qualifiers as you are in some sort of group of death.

You are on shaky ground here and support from the fans is turning against you.

Do you a) call up your Barcelona players because you are under pressure to get a result, or b) don't call them up in case they get injured and you need them for the games against the Madrid teams, but knowing it may cost you your job as the national team manager if you lose.

Club before country.

As International management is a consequence of my superb :) club management, I would rather be given the elbow by the country. Also as I have mentioned previously I "always" withdraw my players when I can but this is only from friendlies when I have not been the manager.

I have only managed internationally on a couple of occasions so thankfully your suggested scenario never happened.

Archived