FM15: Everton FC – The school of science is on its way back

Koki Balboa

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my 5th season with Everton, haven't yet managed to break into the top 4, mainly as a result of having little money to spend and also Lukaku seems to be injured a lot of the time. Won an FA Cup, league cup and been a runner up in the Euro Cup. Finished 5th last season just behind Chelsea in 4th, this season I'm about 1/3rd of the way in and currently sitting 3rd.

oh forgot to mention Lukaku came down with serious viral infection so is out for 9 months :)

been eating at that chinese place outside Goodison ;)

incase anyones interested, i'm doing my usual Everton Career play through

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/410481-FM15-The-School-of-Science-is-on-it-s-Way-Back...-The-Adventures-of-Everton-F.C

Turns: Have you bought any marque signings in the first 2 seasons or have you relied on mostly frees/cheap/ loans?

Mainly bought young players and players that have been unwanted by the likes of Chelsea & Man City (for example picked up Matic for 500K after season 4 and he's still only 28!). My only big money signing has been Caulker who replaced Stones when he went to Chelsea, he's good but not as good as Stones.

I've had issues with the board on my game, the 2 philosophies they've judged me on are signing young players for the first team and giving academy players a chance in the first team. They say they're disappointed with both yet I've bought half a dozen young players and also had academy players Ledson, Galloway, Kenny all around the first team. Anyone else found this?

2 seasons at Everton - Finished 5th (Europa winners), and Super Cup winners in season 1 - season 2 finished 3rd 2 points off the title, semi final of the champs league... Everton offered me 3 mil transfer budget

I was offered 90 mil transfer budget at Arsenal 97 mil at City 114 mil at United... I took the UNited job

I am an idiot (going ace at United mind)

Progress: I've hit March in my first season and I'm second in the league (equal points with Liverpool in first - who says this game's unrealistic?!). With the right tactics and a little bit of wheeling and dealing, this is such an amazing squad. That said, I have been really lucky with injuries. If I can keep everyone fit, the title isn't beyound the realm of possibility, but I've got 12 points on 5th so I should be able to hang on for Champions League. I made it to the quarter finals of the FA Cup but bombed out of the League Cup.

Staff: Variable and some need ditching, but the club is big enough to attract the really good free coaches out there like Meulensteen, Neri, etc...

Tactics: I vary between 4-2-3-1 (with a trequartista or advanced playmaker, depending on who's fit) at home, and a 4-1-2-2-1 away from home - with a half back and a roaming playmaker to ensure good ball retention.

Transfers Out:

Naismith - £10m (fitted perfectly into my home system, but brought Munir in on loan and Odegaard permanentnly - plus Barkley and Osman, so felt I didn't desperately need him)

Distin - £500k (high wages and mid 30s, absolute no-brainer)

Alcaraz - £1m (just a liability - again, an absolute no brainer)

Gibson - £5m (had other options and wanted to buy Romero)

Oviedo - £7m (went in January, as he wanted first team football)

Eto'o - £1m (went in January, as he wanted first team football and his wages are huge for us)

McGeady - £6.5m (went in January, as I didn't need him)

Transfers In:

Romero - £7m

Balanta - £7m

Munir - loan

Van Der Wiel - loan

Joel Campbell - loan

Bernard - £17m

Odegaard - £1m

Elderson Echiéjilé - loan

Players:

GK - Howard has been incredible, with Robles as more than solid back-up

DR - Coleman has been brilliant, with Van Der Wiel really good back-up whilst he was around. Now it's down to Hibbo if Coleman needs a rest...

DL - Baines has been a beast, with Oviedo initially providing good back-up before wanting to leave. Echiéjilé has been solid enough as rotation so far.

DC - Jags, Stones and Balanta have all been brilliant and have all stayed fit thankfully. Have rotated between the three of them with no weak links.

DM - Romero, Barry and Besic have played at half back for me really well.

MC - McCarthy has been my mainstay for MC, although all of the above have played there too; along with Osman. Managed to give Ledson about 10 games too, to help his development

MC - Barkley took a while to get back up and running after his injury, but he's been amazing as a roaming playmaker. Romero and Osman too. Given Odegaard a few games here since January.

AMR - Mirallas and Joel Campbell have been incredible. Mirallas got a bad knock for a few months, but Campbell held the fort down, with McGeady and Kone playing a bit too.

AMC - Munir has been incredible as a trequartista, scoring 15 and creating several too. Barkley plays well as an advanced playmaker too, obviously.

AML - Bernard has started well, with Atsu doing a brilliant job for most of the season. Pienaar has done well since returning from injury, with McGeady before Xmas.

ST - Lukaku started weakly but has hit his straps since Xmas. Munir has been a beast when played up top, but the biggest suprise for me has been Kone who has been amazing when played.

The board have said they're keeping 30% of future transfer fees to manage debt levels, which isn't great. Looks like I'll be relying on loans again, when Atsu, Munir, Campbell and Echiéjilé go back. Not sure how much longer Pienaar and Osman will go on either. Will definitely need a young centre half, covering left back, covering AMR and covering AMC over the summer. Got Bakkali coming in on a free transfer which should cover Atsu's departure.

In terms of young prospects, I think Odegaard can step up next season and I'll continue easing Ledson in. Kenny has been out on loan and I'm hoping he might be ok as a covering RB. There's an amazing new CM who has come in amongst the new regens; who could keep Ledson on his toes.

Just finished the first season in my Everton game. Finished 3rd in the League and was runner up to Spurs in the Europa League. Knocked out early in the domestic cups.

Sold Mirallas at the start of the game for £50m. Brought in Depay for £15m and Dos Santos for £12m to add quality on the wings. Also got rid of Alcaraz for like £1m and brought in Balanta for £7m. Sold Pienaar in January to get him off the wage bill and brought in Sebastian Giovinco for £1.6m who has been an absolute bargain. Also signed Gaston Gil Romero but he went back to Argentina for a loan move. Thought he was there until the end of the season but he's actually there for all of 2015! Bit annoying but McCarthy, Gibson, Barry should be enough for that time surely.

In the summer this season, I sold Robles for £500k, Naismith for £5.5m, McGeady for £5.5m. I've signed Pereya and Ben Arfa on a free and Will Keane as backup for £800k. Not sure where else to improve, maybe cover for left-wing but McAleny could maybe do the job. Goalie or right back are my other areas I may improve.

Team at the moment:

GK - Howard, Stanek

RB - Coleman, Stones, Hibbert

CB - Jagielka, Stones

CB - Balanta, Keane

LB - Baines, Oviedo

DM - McCarthy, Besic

MC - Pereya, Barkley

MC - Gibson, Barry, McCarthy?, Ledson

AMR - Dos Santos, Ben Arfa

AML - Memphis, McAleny

ST - Giovinco, Lukaku, Eto'o

Had a great start to the 2nd season. Won 12 out of 13 (Lost 2-1 at Home to QPR) in the league sitting 1st.

Guaranteed Top spot in the group after 5 games in a group with Real Madrid. Drew 4-4 at the Bernebeu and won 3-2 at home.

But now i've got Dos Santos wanting to go to Arsenal and Giovinco wanting to go to Monaco. What do I do?

Dos Santos

value - £16.25m

age - 26

wage - £73k p/w - 30/6/2019

Giovinco

value - £11.25m

age - 28

wage - £56k - 30/6/2019

I've got Ben Arfa so can maybe afford to lose him but I'm already lacking in striker cover as Eto'o is too old and hates me.

I need a new keeper (I restarted the game I couldn't take being United Manager - I felt dirty... plus Everton plummeted)

I really want that Rulli - He wont come though - Trying for Valdes when he is back fit - anyone ever got him in? is he any good etc. or any other recommendation?

TA

I need a new keeper (I restarted the game I couldn't take being United Manager - I felt dirty... plus Everton plummeted)

I really want that Rulli - He wont come though - Trying for Valdes when he is back fit - anyone ever got him in? is he any good etc. or any other recommendation?

TA

Keylor Navas?

Howard is still first choice for me in the summer before the 3rd season.

Finished the 2nd season which was successful but teasing. We lost the title on GD to Chelsea.

Got a massive offer for Dos Santos of £16.5m upfront, £30m over 12 months and £13.25m after 10 International appearances from Inter.

Used the money to buy Berardi for £23.5m and Fierro for £12.5m. Had an offer for Santon accepted for £13m.

Team is looking like this:

GK - Howard, Stanek

RB - Coleman, Santon, Stones

CB - Jagielka, Stones

CB - Balanta, Keane

LB - Baines, Santon

DM - McCarthy, Besic

MC - Pereya, Barkley

MC - Gil Romero, Gibson

AMR - Berardi, Ben Arfa

AML - Memphis

ST - Fierro, Giovinco, Lukaku

Hoping to win my first trophy in the Community Shield soon!

TA

If ever in doubt, I go for Khune .. cheap and top class.

• 3 weeks later...

On my first attempt I was sacked in the middle of the 2nd season.

2nd attempt and I finished 8th in the league but won the FA Cup. Not too bad. Currently in October in the 2nd season and I'm lying 3rd. Got hammered by Arsenal 8-0 but other then that the team has been playing well. Lukaku seems to get injured a lot unfortunately. He just got injured and is out for 4 months. I have 3 Strikers left and I play with 2 upfront. Hopefully they can hold up in his absence. May try to bring someone in in the Jan transfer window.

Finished my first season in 5th place. Got dumped out of the Capital One Cup in the Quarter Finals by Chelsea and they also put me out of the 4th Round in the FA Cup :( Had a pretty good run in the Europa League though. PSG beat me in the Semi Finals which Spuds went on to win. Lukaku was beasting but broke his foot or something and was out 3 month, had he stayed fit I probably would have made it into the Top 4. Eto'o was an abysmal back-up, didn't score that whole time Lukaku was out. Ended up playing Mirallas as a Poacher, and Atsu stepped up to cover Mirallas position. Overall pretty satisfied.

Oh, and another thing. Do the bonuses even matter at all? Did 'high' for EPL and 'low' for the rest, but performed best in Europe. Makes no sense.

Board offered me £35m to finish in Europa Qualification spot again. I'll take that :)

Transfers 15/16:

23uot29.png

Since the board gave me so much to spend and I was pretty content with getting Pereyra and Ayew for free I bit the bullet and paid almost £4m just to get Hibbert and Eto'o off the books, saving me £95k/pw. Was gonna get shot of Pienaar too but he wouldn't accept a mutual termination. Otherwise I'd have to pay £2.6m. No thanks.

I have a devious plan regarding Januzaj... He played 6 games at Utd the past season. My intention is to loan him, not play him at all and HOPEFULLY sign him on the cheap at the end of the season. Dunno if it'll work or not but we'll see ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my second season. Came third in the league but I probably should have won it. Tailed off in the last few matches against bottom teams. Lost to arsenal in the Europa league final. Beat Liverpool in the fa cup final. So that's 2 fa cups in a row.

I have a devious plan regarding Januzaj... He played 6 games at Utd the past season. My intention is to loan him, not play him at all and HOPEFULLY sign him on the cheap at the end of the season. Dunno if it'll work or not but we'll see ;)

I can't imagine that will work. Even if it does make him leave United, why would he join a team he joined on loan and didn't get a game? Surely you'll just make him unhappy!

Hey guys,

Firing up a new save as Everton so I don't get burned out on my Chelsea save as I am looking for some longevity there. Had a great Toffee's save in FM14, so I'm looking to replicate that here. Really interested in playing with the £50m I was able to get by selling Mirallas, but looking to put a big emphasis on the great quality of youth at the club. I've already moved Kenny, Garbutt, Ledson, and McAleny into the first team squad.

With that said, I'm wondering if anyone has had any success or tried to train George Green as a False Nine? Seems he has decent stats for it and if I start training him early enough he could become something there. With Barkley, Lundstram, and Ledson all coming up in the midfield I figure it'd give him a bit more game time.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave him some tutoring from "Nessy the Scottish Messi" :D, some loan time to Doncaster, and after he returns, some cup games, he looks like this at the moment in season 2. Because of his low workrate i think that he could be unwilling to retrain quickly (he always moans about hard training and stuff. But it is an interesting idea which I will try doing.

Just finished my first season, had the embargo file from the editors hideaway enabled so had to stick with the starting squad, only changes made could be staff.

Finished 4th, no trophies, although I did reach the Carling Cup final, lost to Liverpool though, typical!

Lukaku finished as our top scorer.

2ns2cn8.png

Mirallas was a standout performer.

23lnpmb.png

George Green got a few games at the start due to Barkley's injury and due to form, stayed in the first team for practically the whole season.

281bg2g.png

Osman, Distin, Hibbert, Pienaar and Alcaraz have all decided to retire, so the wage bill is cleared quite a bit there.

Hopefully can push on and win a trophy this season.

Just finished my third season. Won the Europa League and finished 2nd. I was also runner-up in the FA cup.

Stoke just got taken over by a tycoon and are after a couple of my players. Should I sell Roberto Pereyra for £30m upfront with £15m over 12 months and get Tielemans for £14.75m?

I'm currently in my third season. I've won two titles, two FA Cups, 1 UCL, 1 UEL, 1 Community Shield, 2 Uefa Super Cups and 1 club world cup.

my current squad and tactics are:

4-1-2-3 Flexible

Horn

Coleman Stones Balanta Baines

McCarthy

Barkley Pereyra

Salvio Lukaku Ruben Garcia

subs: Howard Jags Besic B. Zuculini El Shaaraway Redmond Fierro

I sold Pienaar and Alcaraz in my first Window with Andre Ayew coming in for 6m, Sergi Roberto on loan for the season with David Villa coming in on loan the following January where he scored 15 goals for me. The second summer i had no money so sold Ayew to Monaco for 22.5m, Kone to Parma for 2m and Eto'o to Torino for 800K, Gibson to Aston Villa for 4m, Naismith to Leicester for 5m. Distin retired. I bought Garcia for 8.5m to replace Ayew, Balanta for 7.5m, Pereyra for free, Ferreyra from Shakhtar for 11.5m, Crisiteg on loan from Inter, Rescaldani on loan from Monaco and Deulofeu on a second loan spell from Barca.

In my January window i sold Mirallas for 30m to Barca and replaced him with Salvio from Benfica for 24.5m and also signed Fierro for 11.75m. I also signed Zuculini of City for 2.5m.

In my third summer i sold Robles to Rayo for 3m, Barry to Real Sociedad for 1.5m, McGeady to Stoke for 7.5m, Ferreyra to Newcastle for 30.5m with Hibbert and Osman retiring. I bought Horn of Koln for 11m, El Sharaaway for 10m, Ewandrp of Sao Paolo for 13m and Redmond for 12m of Norwich.

I was shocked to win the title in my first season but walked it in my second season with 97 points and 100 goals scored. Im currently top in January, ahead of Liverpool by 3 points.

Im still in the FA Cup with City my next game in the 4th round and am in the last 16 of the UCL against Porto. Got knocked out of the league cup by Wigan inbthe 3rd round. Ive gone out of the 3rd round for a second season in a row after getting to the semis in my forst season.

Lukaku and Fierro have been scoring beasts with Lukaku with 22 goals in 18 games(15 league goals in 17 games) and Fierro with 15 goals in 17 games( 13 league goals in 13 games).

Ruben Garcia and Eduardo Salvio are must buys if you pay with wingers. They both become world class with plenty of assists and goals.

• 5 months later...

Can't believe such a big club's thread is as dead as this one.

In my second season with Everton, finished third in my first. I have amassed 53 points after 20 games so far - you'd imagine such a total would see me well clear at the top but no. Of all club's Liverpool are just a few points behind us, although we did give them a 5-1 tonking at Goodison with probably our best performance of the season.

Finished top of my Champions League group which was a rather simple group considering I was a 4th seed. The sad thing is we have Barcelona in the round of sixteen so I doubt we'll be progressing any further.

GREAT THREAD! glad to hear everyone's doing so well.

I'm building the greatest defense of all time at Everton! : )

I cleaned house early on. In our third season at everton, our record is 29-3-4 with 90 points, the greatest season EVER in team history.

We have been in first place since the second week of the season and clinched the championship with 2 games to go.

Our defense is first in goals allowed so I'm happy with that but 26 in 36 games won't cut it, so I am bringing in Matija "Nasty" Nastasic from Manchester City to help get us down to 14 goals given up next season. The premier league record is 15 and we are going to break it.

Right now, Rulli has been great in goal. Otamendi and Stones are my CDs and Baines/Coleman the FBs, with Lucas Romero, Kranevitter, Gaston Gil Romero and Romulo in midfield. I have Shawcross, Munoz and Balanta (loaned out) as backup.

We mainly play a 4-1-2-2-1

lukaku

sisto berardi

romero kranevitter

romero

baines otamendi stones coleman

rulli

and 4-3-1-2

lukaku berardi

barkley

romero kranevitter

romero

baines otamendi stones coleman

rulli

who's in reserve? Mattias Ginter, Balanta, Fierro, Patrick Roberts, Romulo and Tielemans (who will finally get his chance this season).

We were also in finals for the champions cup, beating REAL MADRID 4-0 but lost to Bayern 0-1 in the final.

We've also scored 78 goals, with Lukaku having 24 to lead the league, and I was just focusing on defense!

EDIT:

Howard is retiring, as is Joe Royle. I replaced Royle with the best general manager in the game...the evil KRASNIKOV!

Sold Beradi for $68m, Munoz for 22.5m, Shawcross $16.5m

Bought Nastasic 30m, Caulker 30m, Munir 57m, Yarmolenko 11m

because I said I would repeat as champions, the board gave me another $65 million!

This team wins by intimidation. Ranked 14th in the world, but underrated...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my team managed to get Ronaldo and Messi in the close season. (No I haven't cheated.)

Bought young players with potential over 48 months and sold them on for a profit upfront each time. Got a new stadium on the way next season which is draining my finances but coping by selling a couple of players for big money each season and winning everything.

Current Team

20ue8gy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up FM15 and playing as Everton. Lots of injuries early on and a poor start, 3 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses and sitting at 11th. Since then though, I've had a great run 12 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses. I'm up to 4th in the league and in excellent form, 5 points behind Man U and Chelsea.

Play an attacking 4-3-1-2, consisting of a high line with closing down. Fullbacks on attack, CM on defend, and other CM on auto. Mirallas plays as a false 9 up front next to Lukaku When I play top sides I play an anchor man in place of the attacking midfielder. I consistently dominate possession and chances.

RB, CB, CB, LB

RCM CM (def) LCM

AM

F9 AF

Top Performers in Order

Baines

Lukaku

Coleman

Jagielka

Mirallas

Zapata (purchased him to fill a CB injury crisis)

Barry

Poor performers (in order)

Naismith (woeful)

Stones (At CB, but rated well at RB when filling in for injured Coleman)

Besic (defending CM), Pienaar & McGeady (attacking mid) and Distin have played well as well. McCarthy and Gibson have been doing ok. McCarthy consistently ok, Gibson has had some poor games and some really good. I've purchased Winston Reid as Distin's on his last legs and been quite injured. Romero is coming in as GK at the end of the season on a free.

Hoping to keep the form going and challenge for the title, but goal in season one is to qualify for champions league.

Archived