Brazil - official thread

PMLF

As Brazil have already announced the squad, it's fair enough to have an official thread here too.

Brazilian squad:

Goalkeepers:

Júlio César (Toronto)

Jefferson (Botafogo)

Victor (Atlético Mineiro)

Full-backs

Daniel Alves (Barcelona)

Maicon (Roma)

Marcelo (Real Mdrid)

Maxwell (PSG)

Centrebacks

Thiago Silva (PSG)

David Luiz (Chelsea)

Dante (Bayern)

Henrique (Napoli)

Midfielders:

Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg)

Hernanes (Inter Milan)

Paulinho (Tottenham)

Ramires (Chelsea)

Oscar (Chelsea)

Fernandinho (Manchester City)

Willian (Chelsea)

Forwards:

Hulk (Zenit)

Neymar (Barcelona)

Fred (Fluminense)

Jô (Atlético Mineiro)

Bernard (Shaktar Donetsk)

Brazil's games:

June 12 - vs Croatia

June 17 - vs Mexico

June 23 - vs Cameroon

Likely XI:

1005093_Brazil.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The round of 16 (Holland, Chile or Spain) might not be too easy, and in the quarter-finals Brazil might face Italy, England, Uruguay or Colombia.

But I do expect Brazil to reach the semis and then be eliminated by whoever Brazil face there.

Julio Cesar

Dani Alves - Thiago Silva - David Luiz - Marcelo

Paulinho - Luiz Gustavo

Oscar

Hulk ------------------- Neymar

Fred

Will that be the team?

Yes, although there is a decent chance Fernandinho ends up taking Paulinho's place after a couple of friendlies+WC games.

That XI is solid but at same time the players are generally pretty average/overrated, unreliable goalkeeper, too attack-minded fullbacks that get silly cards, a reckless centreback, a player like Hulk and a non-top striker.

Julio Cesar

Dani Alves - Thiago Silva - David Luiz - Marcelo

Paulinho - Luiz Gustavo

Oscar

Hulk ------------------- Neymar

Fred

Will that be the team?

Yes, unless any of them get injured.

I isn't an easy draw. Croatia and México weren't weak teams. I predict tough wins against those teams.

Yes, unless any of them get injured.

I isn't an easy draw. Croatia and México weren't weak teams. I predict tough wins against those teams.

I think Croatia will be the hardest game because it will be the first one. Mexico have been poor lately but I hope they wake up for the World Cup, it will be very cool if they defeat Brazil but I believe it will be a 2-0 or so win for Brazil.

Cameroon probably not going to pose much trouble but I haven't watched that much of them.

Had to google Alan Kardec, thought he was maybe a delayed exchange student for when Croatia nicked Eduardo.

I find it pretty funny that their duo of called up strikers AND the reserve striker are all guys who flopped pretty badly in Europe. :D

But hey if they fit Scolari's system the best and they're the guys on best form, then they're who should be called up.

I find it pretty funny that their duo of called up strikers AND the reserve striker are all guys who flopped pretty badly in Europe. :D

But hey if they fit Scolari's system the best and they're the guys on best form, then they're who should be called up.

Alan Kardec is doing great nowadays, he should have been called up ahead of Jô, but how they have done in Europe shouldn't matter anyway as it's a Brazilian national team, not a European one.

Brasileirão players in the 30-man lists so far:

Alan Kardec (São Paulo)

Charles Aránguiz (Internacional)

Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense)

Sebastián Eguren (Palmeiras)

Frickson Erazo (Flamengo)

Fred (Fluminense)

Jefferson (Botafogo)

Jô (Atlético Mineiro)

Nicolás Lodeiro (Botafogo)

Eugenio Mena (Santos)

Nicolás Otamendi (Atlético Mineiro)

Alvaro Pereira (São Paulo)

Martín Silva (Vasco)

Edwin Valencia (Fluminense)

Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras)

Victor (Atlético Mineiro)

Argentina: 1

Brazil: 6

Chile: 3

Colombia: 1

Ecuador: 1

Uruguay: 4

Scolari is under investigation in Portugal for tax evasion.

I bet Scolari will say some nonsense like 'they are doing this in Portugal just to harm Brazil's national team' or something like that. :thdn:

I don't know when the investigation started, but it is very strange that news appear shortly of the World Cup kick-off.

I doubt there is any agenda with the investigation, but there might with the fact it leaked now, not so much about harming Brazil's national team, but rather the fact this is a good time to publish news about Scolari.

Either way, if he really didn't pay his taxes, then he should be investigated.

Welcome to Brazil??

lol if they actually did this during a Brazil PK shoot-out in the finals.

Took me a while to realise they are actually firing guns there :D Was wondering what the noise was coming from :o

Scolari is under investigation in Portugal for tax evasion.

I bet Scolari will say some nonsense like 'they are doing this in Portugal just to harm Brazil's national team' or something like that. :thdn:

As expected, Scolari now saying that this investigation is just to distract him from the World Cup.

Scolari is such a joke... :thdn:

Panama's squad for the match against Brazil:

Goleiros: José Calderón (Heredia/GUA) e Óscar McFarlane (Río Abajo FC/PAN)

Defensores: Román Torres (Millonarios/COL), Felipe Baloy (Morelia/MEX), Adolfo Machado (Saprissa/CRC), Harold Cummings (Juan Aurich/PER), Roberto Chen (Zulte Waregem/BEL), Carlos Rodríguez (Tauro/PAN), Leonel Parris (Tauro/PAN) e Nahill Carroll (Río Abajo FC/PAN)

Meio-campistas: Gabriel Gómez (San Francisco/PAN), Amílcar Henríquez (Independiente de Medellín/COL), Alberto Quintero (Mérida/MEX), Nelson Barahona (Alianza Petrolera/COL), Jairo Jiménez (Elche Ilicitano/ESP), Rolando Escobar (Deportivo Anzoátegui/VEM) e Armando Cooper (Otelul Galati/ROM)

Atacantes: Gabriel Torres (Colorado Rapids/EUA), Roberto Nurse (Correcaminos/MEX), Nicolás Múñoz (Isidro Metapán/ELS) e Luis Tejada (César Vallejos/PER)

As expected, Scolari now saying that this investigation is just to distract him from the World Cup.

Scolari is such a joke... :thdn:

I wish you were a mainstream pundit. It'd be brilliant to see you deconstructing CBF every day on TV. :D

Unfortunately not many do that, only ESPN Brasil every now and then.

Brazil losing the World Cup would be great though to further weaken CBF (Brazil FA), and maybe encourage more people to criticize them.

Each Brazilian national team player will reportedly receive around R$ 1 million (€330k, £267k) if Brazil win the World Cup.

Unfortunately not many do that, only ESPN Brasil every now and then.

Brazil losing the World Cup would be great though to further weaken CBF (Brazil FA), and maybe encourage more people to criticize them.

Not in TV, but in internet this happens very often. Some people say that the pressure on Ricardo Teixeira in the last years made him retire and give up to run for FIFA's chairman.

Not in TV, but in internet this happens very often. Some people say that the pressure on Ricardo Teixeira in the last years made him retire and give up to run for FIFA's chairman.

I think Ricardo Teixeira retired mainly because of issues with Justice and his bad relations with the Brazilian government as there were a few clashes between him and them.

José Maria Marin has even worse relations with the Brazilian government. Dilma doesn't talk to him, because he used to work for the military government, that Dilma fought against in decades ago. He is also suspect of torturing people at that time.

José Maria Marin has even worse relations with the Brazilian government. Dilma doesn't talk to him, because he used to work for the military government, that Dilma fought against in decades ago. He is also suspect of torturing people at that time.

Yes, but Marin assumed relatively recently and he is not going to stay beyond next year anyway.

Yes, but Marin assumed relatively recently and he is not going to stay beyond next year anyway.

Yes, maybe that is the reason for both to not stay in CBF, but unfortunatelly we are full of bad options, the next one, Marco Polo del Nero, is in the same level. :(

I think the major pressure on them in the next years will come from Bom Senso F.C.

Yes, maybe that is the reason for both to not stay in CBF, but unfortunatelly we are full of bad options, the next one, Marco Polo del Nero, is in the same level. :(

I think the major pressure on them in the next years will come from Bom Senso F.C.

Yes, unless the clubs control football here, Brazilian football is doomed no matter who is in charge, there will never be anyone good at CBF as they are rotten from top to bottom.

Brazil's national team squad (apart from Marcelo) arrived today at Granja Comary, in Teresópolis to prepare for the World Cup.

Before arriving there, when they were in Rio, there was a protest near the NT hotel & the Brazil NT bus was blocked and kicked by protesters. Some of the protesters chanted 'Argentina, Argentina'.

Thiago Silva and Fernandinho will be rested on Tuesday vs Panama, while Paulinho has a minor ankle injury and won't play either.

Brazil's squad numbers:

1 - Jefferson

2 - Daniel Alves

3 - Thiago Silva

4 - David Luiz

5 - Fernandinho

6 - Marcelo

7 - Hulk

8 - Paulinho

9 - Fred

10 - Neymar

11 - Oscar

12 - Júlio César

13 - Dante

14 - Maxwell

15 - Henrique

16 - Ramires

17 - Luiz Gustavo

18 - Hernanes

19 - Willian

20 - Bernard

21 - Jô

22 - Victor

23 - Maicon

Don't know much about Panama and not sure how Brazil are going to approach this game so just wanted advice on whether betting over 3.5 for Brazil is a good idea please?

Panama are awful but they are pretty physical, I think a 4-0 or so score is very possible, but not something to be taken for granted as Brazil will be trying to avoid injuries, etc.. and it won't be a full strength team as this is going to be Brazil's XI:

Júlio César; Daniel Alves, David Luiz, Dante & Marcelo; Luiz Gustavo, Ramires, Oscar; Hulk, Neymar; Fred

That sounds like a good idea.

I think it will be tough before Brazil score 1-0 but once that happens, goals should come more or less easily

Archived